• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What client do you play? CC or EC?

What client do you play?

• Classic Client (CC)

• Enhanced Client (EC)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've made a mock up. They could just stick the CC graphics into the EC user interface and that should keep people happy?

As for containers and paperdoll you can already enable legacy paperdolls and legacy containers in the EC so you can have these however you like.

Now thats the dream right there... except like @Keith of Sonoma the screen would have to go to the top left. Most people dont know but having the screen any where but top left can effect house placement.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now thats the dream right there... except like @Keith of Sonoma the screen would have to go to the top left. Most people dont know but having the screen any where but top left can effect house placement.
This is true... but I still drop mine to the bottom left... I move it back up to the top when I'm going to need to place something... it also affects boat placement.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This poll is useless for the simple reason the OP thinks that everybody that plays UO posts on stratics and is totally ignoring the Asian based players. This poll proves nothing.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
BS will already have all the metrics they need on who logs in and on which client. They may publish the percentage (but probably not) but will not publish the numbers lest we see how few players UO actually has.
I think percentage metrics would be sufficient. EA/OSI/BS have never divulged actual sub numbers or player numbers. Most reports have been based on intelligent guesswork (and were most likely close to the mark, too!).

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got used to Last Object, Last Target macro in CC. Couldn't be bothered to figure it out in EC. I tried target by resource, but it misses a lot of spots. I just seem to find more spots in CC.
I’ve never noticed missing anything. I use the target by resource macro. I put like 13 of them in the macro with delays after each one, enable repeating by 10 and walk around fel wind grabbing all the ore and smelt it on my firebug. Then I have a macro for mining the saltpeter as well. Usually get a few k ingots and several hundred peter before I get bored or have something else take my interest. I was like you before I figured the macros out, but if you’re good with the cc for mining, rock on

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ve never noticed missing anything. I use the target by resource macro. I put like 13 of them in the macro with delays after each one, enable repeating by 10 and walk around fel wind grabbing all the ore and smelt it on my firebug. Then I have a macro for mining the saltpeter as well. Usually get a few k ingots and several hundred peter before I get bored or have something else take my interest. I was like you before I figured the macros out, but if you’re good with the cc for mining, rock on
It definitely misses them. The further to reach ones and ones that aren't out of LOS but look like they are. I've literally found a node on CC, didn't move, swapped to EC, and used the exact macro you're describing. It found nothing.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and it' super easy to copy macros to other shards which I do a lot.
Pray tell, how to do this?
In CC you just open the folder and drag the macros file to the desired new char.
Never was able to figure out the EC copying
But then, there's a lot of stuff I don't figure out lol

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love threads like these, the ridiculous explanations of why some will only ever play the cc are highly entertaining.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a person logs in, isn't there some indicator of the client in use? If so, then there's the push you want. It will, in effect, perpetually log the usage stats per client. Multiple entries of client per IP are duplicates and tossed. Poll refreshes at each server up cycle for clean accounting.
BS knows exactly which clients are logged in, they don't need a poll to count clients, it was posted for our benefit.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is true... but I still drop mine to the bottom left... I move it back up to the top when I'm going to need to place something... it also affects boat placement.
Holy crap, THATS why it always says I can't reach the water from there.....sigh

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It definitely misses them. The further to reach ones and ones that aren't out of LOS but look like they are. I've literally found a node on CC, didn't move, swapped to EC, and used the exact macro you're describing. It found nothing.
If you're saying you can reach more ore in the cc than the ec can, you're not being honest about your methods friend. Anyone and everyone that uses the CC knows that you can't target "most" of the ore locations by legal means, and i'm going to stop right there...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're saying you can reach more ore in the cc than the ec can, you're not being honest about your methods friend. Anyone and everyone that uses the CC knows that you can't target "most" of the ore locations by legal means, and i'm going to stop right there...
You're reading the last comment of a conversation and making assumptions. In CC, I can mine manually further away and use Last Object, Last Target macro. In EC, the target by resource ignores that same mining node. So in CC, I can mine nodes that EC misses. I've tested it by finding the node in CC and then staying in the same spot and swapping to EC to use the target by resource macro.

This is exactly my point in a lot of other posts... you all think you see cheating where it's not happening because you're too lazy to read a thread or think about how someone is doing something.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Odd that the figures from the same poll on the other forum are so different, I wonder who/what is skewing the results? [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:rolleyes:[/bcolor]

Last edited:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For the last 9 years of polling the results are almost the same, now keep in mind not everyone is on Stratics however it isn't always the same people voting either. I mainly use the CC myself but still have to use the EC for stacked vendors, Hue/Type ID's, some housing and t-hunting

Poll - Which Client do you use more?
2009: 67,1% CC - 28,9 EC - 4% Other Total of 173 Votes given
2011: 62,3% CC - 27,8 EC - 10% Both Total of 281 Votes given
2013: 65,2% CC - 34,8 EC Total of 105 Votes given
2014: 64% CC - 35% EC - 1% Other Total of 85 Votes given
2015: 57,1% CC - 18,6 EC - 24.3% Both Total of 210 Votes given
2017: 69.6% CC - 30.4% EC Total of 168 Votes given
2018: 70% CC - 30% EC Total of 100 Votes given so far!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In CC you just open the folder and drag the macros file to the desired new char.
I use a addon I got somewhere off pincos wedsite/stash. Keep in mind I don't use pincos UI... it's too bulky for me. It's a program he has... EC macro copy or something like that. I'm at work on my phone, but I'll find the exact file when I get home if you don't find it before then. You just select the account, shard, and character of origin.... the select the account etc of the character you wanna copy everything to. Highlight what you wanna copy and bam! It the only thing you'll have to manually setup again is equipment macros. Its super sexy :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Open your documents folder on Windows explorer, open the EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data.
Look for you account inside, open the folder of the source shard, copy the file with the name of your character, paste it on the folder of the destination shard.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I slowly transitioned from CC to EC. I now play EC 99% of the times. The UI is far superior than the classic UI, no arguing with that. I wish there was an option to have CC graphics on the EC client.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're reading the last comment of a conversation and making assumptions. In CC, I can mine manually further away and use Last Object, Last Target macro. In EC, the target by resource ignores that same mining node. So in CC, I can mine nodes that EC misses. I've tested it by finding the node in CC and then staying in the same spot and swapping to EC to use the target by resource macro.

This is exactly my point in a lot of other posts... you all think you see cheating where it's not happening because you're too lazy to read a thread or think about how someone is doing something.
I'm not lazy, but I played the cc for 19 years, and I know for a fact, as do many others, that there are nodes that you simply can't target with the target cursor in the classic client.