• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What client do you play? CC or EC?

What client do you play?

• Classic Client (CC)

• Enhanced Client (EC)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is also a poll on the official UO forums: What client do you play? CC or EC?
So are you trying to say that poll is sponsored by UO, now that is funny. Who gives a crap what client anybody uses as long as we log in and support UO and we all know this is just another one of those threads that will turn into a shut down client so and so.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are you trying to say that poll is sponsored by UO, now that is funny. How gives a crap what client anybody uses as long as we log in and support UO and we all know this is just another one of those threads that will turn into a shut down client so and so.
Harsh. Harsh but fair.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And neither poll has the option of 'both'. Why is it that people are completely incapable of actually considering the options when setting up a poll? By missing out vital options your poll is meaningless.
Personally I cant do battle with EC however I find EC valuable for organzing stuff.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I play the enhanced client because I don't have problems with my vision and don't get motion sickness like so many others complain about.
my is dizzy spells where it feels as if the room is spinning and I am holding on to the chair arms for dear life. Any and all motion from the EC can set it off. There are few things I like about the EC, instant dressing/changing uniforms, the map showing party members locations and the scrolling in and out of the game window very useful when placing housing, I HATE when people use EC to set up a vendor and not take in consideration CC people when shopping.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
And neither poll has the option of 'both'. Why is it that people are completely incapable of actually considering the options when setting up a poll? By missing out vital options your poll is meaningless.
Fair point. I actually had in mind "prefer", but I wrote "play". So take it as a "If you have to pick" kind of thing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I only play the EC anymore... I haven't played the CC in so long that I can no longer advise new or returning players what to do in it. I don't know where or how things work there anymore.

Hell I can't even figure out how to chat, accept party, guild chat or anything else in that client anymore. I quit using it 2 computers ago when the "new" pc I got at the time would only allow me to do the 2 step in the CC and the EC ran smoothly and quickly. So I forced myself to learn the EC fell in love with the features and Pinco's UI... then they destroyed the UI and I struggled with the client for awhile... then they put out the current UI and everything went to hades in a handbasket... it's only barely improved since but I still can't go back to the CC... as it runs like crap on my current PC as well. Slow jerky motions, laggy and I'm forever getting stuck on things. Not to mention can't find anything, graphics are tiny and hard to read things, can't zoom.

There are plusses and minuses to both clients. Some work better than others on some computers but I for one know I could and would never return to the CC... Pinco has spoiled me.

The bonuses to using Pinco's UI and having all the "caps" of items listed right there when I go to loot things is just too great. Looking at items in either the vanilla UI or CC they mean nothing... considering it takes me a good while to read things by the time I'd sift through half the loot the corpse would be gone before I was able to decide if there was anything worth looting on it if I didn't have Pinco's.

Pet menu being all on one screen is also awesome as well as having the pet power calculator incorporated into it. Not to mention again Pinco's has all the "caps" listed on the page so I can see at a glance if the pet is worthwhile or not to bother taming or keeping.

Having the MIBS auto plot themselves when I open them again awesome... I can open 20 or 30 and then go sail around picking them up easily and in FAR less time than the old way of plotting them all by putting in their numbers in the old UOAutomap.

Treasure chests are much easier to find as well as the map and the T-Map look far more similar and they are easier to read.

I like the organization of the little squares... everything in its own square and a square for everything. Makes seeing what dropped in your pack 100X easier.

I like the benefit of instant dressing after rezing, Instantly being able to change my quiver, talisman, and bow in one push of a button...

Sure there are things I don't like... and I'm pretty vocal about them. But I would never go back. I think I'd rather just quit if it came down to it.

Yes, the poor Hiryu looks like some plucked turkey and doesn't even remotely resemble the creature I once knew as a Hiryu... but I'm hoping that after talking to the new artist at the 20th Anniversary party that she'll take up the case and fix it. She was rather surprised by the hideousness of the thing in the EC. So maybe there is hope for it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I only play the EC anymore... I haven't played the CC in so long that I can no longer advise new or returning players what to do in it. I don't know where or how things work there anymore.

Hell I can't even figure out how to chat, accept party, guild chat or anything else in that client anymore. I quit using it 2 computers ago when the "new" pc I got at the time would only allow me to do the 2 step in the CC and the EC ran smoothly and quickly. So I forced myself to learn the EC fell in love with the features and Pinco's UI... then they destroyed the UI and I struggled with the client for awhile... then they put out the current UI and everything went to hades in a handbasket... it's only barely improved since but I still can't go back to the CC... as it runs like crap on my current PC as well. Slow jerky motions, laggy and I'm forever getting stuck on things. Not to mention can't find anything, graphics are tiny and hard to read things, can't zoom.

There are plusses and minuses to both clients. Some work better than others on some computers but I for one know I could and would never return to the CC... Pinco has spoiled me.

The bonuses to using Pinco's UI and having all the "caps" of items listed right there when I go to loot things is just too great. Looking at items in either the vanilla UI or CC they mean nothing... considering it takes me a good while to read things by the time I'd sift through half the loot the corpse would be gone before I was able to decide if there was anything worth looting on it if I didn't have Pinco's.

Pet menu being all on one screen is also awesome as well as having the pet power calculator incorporated into it. Not to mention again Pinco's has all the "caps" listed on the page so I can see at a glance if the pet is worthwhile or not to bother taming or keeping.

Having the MIBS auto plot themselves when I open them again awesome... I can open 20 or 30 and then go sail around picking them up easily and in FAR less time than the old way of plotting them all by putting in their numbers in the old UOAutomap.

Treasure chests are much easier to find as well as the map and the T-Map look far more similar and they are easier to read.

I like the organization of the little squares... everything in its own square and a square for everything. Makes seeing what dropped in your pack 100X easier.

I like the benefit of instant dressing after rezing, Instantly being able to change my quiver, talisman, and bow in one push of a button...

Sure there are things I don't like... and I'm pretty vocal about them. But I would never go back. I think I'd rather just quit if it came down to it.

Yes, the poor Hiryu looks like some plucked turkey and doesn't even remotely resemble the creature I once knew as a Hiryu... but I'm hoping that after talking to the new artist at the 20th Anniversary party that she'll take up the case and fix it. She was rather surprised by the hideousness of the thing in the EC. So maybe there is hope for it.
Sadly, Hityu is not the only victim of the EC, all graphics are dismal, and cannot compete with the CC graphics. It is depressing, to put it mildly..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Sadly, Hityu is not the only victim of the EC, all graphics are dismal, and cannot compete with the CC graphics. It is depressing, to put it mildly..

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even with the new resolutions, the CC is too demanding on my eyes and the functionality of the EC puts me using it 99% of the time. I only use the CC to build certain deco items and look at a colored Hiyru to see what it will look like to 90% of the other players.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CC 100% of the time. The only draw the EC had was it's large game window for High Seas. With the CC's game window enlarged, the EC sits unused now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even with the new resolutions, the CC is too demanding on my eyes and the functionality of the EC puts me using it 99% of the time. I only use the CC to build certain deco items and look at a colored Hiyru to see what it will look like to 90% of the other players.
I only get in the CC to see what color Nightmare I've just tamed since they all look the same in the EC.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would make you stop putting 30% in EC? What would the CC need?
I play the 30 percent EC for events and pvp. CC would need the speed of EC , wrapping around trees, the macro system, dress and undress, pot chugging, easy targeting, auto bar pulls, and overall smoothness.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would make you stop putting 30% in EC? What would the CC need?
the EC UI with the CC Graphics and sadly we know this will never happen so just be thankful that we all pay and play UO no matter the client.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another thing to consider when looking at the two polls is that on the UO Official forum only current active accounts can vote. Here, who knows, half the people voting may not even play anymore. Just saying.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another thing to consider when looking at the two polls is that on the UO Official forum only current active accounts can vote. Here, who knows, half the people voting may not even play anymore. Just saying.
What is even better is only 1 person responded.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is an identical poll on the Official Forums. Only one person has replied so far. And they did it to bump, which is not proper there.
Acutally there are 32 votes on that forum for that poll, only ONE Person commented on it to bump the poll back up I guess. Big difference. You can't see the votes until you vote, and if there are 32 votes it means 32 active accounts have voted. The votes on that are much much closer than those on this poll. 56 cc/44 ec. Hence my OP that you have to consider the votes on the official forum do not include inactive players like voting on this one does. Nor do they include multiple account votes, as even though I have 5 accounts It only lets you use one username to get on the forum whereas on here I can have multiple user accounts to vote with.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Polling isn't that effective. Maybe we should switch to a push model: Every stratics user has to create at least once per week a post, in which he states, which client he is playing...
When a person logs in, isn't there some indicator of the client in use? If so, then there's the push you want. It will, in effect, perpetually log the usage stats per client. Multiple entries of client per IP are duplicates and tossed. Poll refreshes at each server up cycle for clean accounting.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For my main client I use EC but if I'm training characters I login using classic client because I can use a certain other program to run training scripts while I go and watch TV.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a person logs in, isn't there some indicator of the client in use? If so, then there's the push you want. It will, in effect, perpetually log the usage stats per client. Multiple entries of client per IP are duplicates and tossed. Poll refreshes at each server up cycle for clean accounting.
BS will already have all the metrics they need on who logs in and on which client. They may publish the percentage (but probably not) but will not publish the numbers lest we see how few players UO actually has.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play both but EC mainly. EC I use for any actual gameplay... I log into classic for vendor stocking, crafting, and house decorating (EC circle of transparency sucks).
There was only one reason I started to use the EC, which was the mobile bar list. I am a bit challenged when it comes to dragging bars of people and monsters. When I discovered that feature I forced myself to get use to it. Now I just can't do regular gameplay without it. The macros and hotbars are handy, not getting stuck on stupid stuff is nice, and it' super easy to copy macros to other shards which I do a lot.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made a mock up. They could just stick the CC graphics into the EC user interface and that should keep people happy?

As for containers and paperdoll you can already enable legacy paperdolls and legacy containers in the EC so you can have these however you like.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've made a mock up. They could just stick the CC graphics into the EC user interface and that should keep people happy?

As for containers and paperdoll you can already enable legacy paperdolls and legacy containers in the EC so you can have these however you like.
Do they also get a legacy walking option? Next they gonna complain is that EC has smooth motion but they all love the stop-motion walking from CC.. ;)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Very nicely done. Except the play screen needs to be all the way to the left. Because that's how I want it! LOL :) Good job.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nicely done. Except the play screen needs to be all the way to the left. Because that's how I want it! LOL :) Good job.
That's all possible mate with the current EC user interface. You can position stuff wherever you like. I just quickly knocked that up.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i am genuinely curious why you prefer mining in CC?
I got used to Last Object, Last Target macro in CC. Couldn't be bothered to figure it out in EC. I tried target by resource, but it misses a lot of spots. I just seem to find more spots in CC.