• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard shield owners poll

Since recieving your shard shields have you...

• Left your shard of origin rarely to return

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Stayed on your shard of origin

Votes: 55 88.7%

• Total voters

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At first, when I got shard shields I thought oh great I'll go to all the other shards and bring home all the gifts I've gotten there... this will be awesome!

But after stripping a few shards I found I brought back far too much junk... learned there is a 10M cap on spring clean points, found I overloaded most my houses and kinda quit doing it.

But still felt the need to acquire shields to every shard. Strangely enough. I rarely use them for myself. Mostly now I use them to send suits and such to other shards to build tamers there. Otherwise, they seem pretty much deco.

I guess since I really don't "vendor" things they aren't really that great to me. Other folk like to go do EM Events on other shards but honestly, I don't care to play other shards. I rather decided that I want to keep focused on my own shard. Occasionally people will ask me to take something somewhere for them and that's fine... I'll sometimes then bring back some junk but meh...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have yet to get my own, give me couple more months ;) I have friends that allow me to carry items home to Sonoma and suits to characters there

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I expected the majority to have stayed but I must admit it is a lot more lopsided than I even expected.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stayed on my original shard (not Alt) and use them to go get stuff for my shard and to sell my goods to Alt players.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I expected the majority to have stayed but I must admit it is a lot more lopsided than I even expected.
Why is that? Not everybody wants to play on Alt. I should be able to vote twice as I have 2 accounts that get these with a 3rd on the way.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*. Yet another badly thought out poll with vital options missing. Why is it so hard for people to open a simple poll with well thought out options?

As with the client poll, this one is worthless due to missing options.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sigh*. Yet another badly thought out poll with vital options missing. Why is it so hard for people to open a simple poll with well thought out options?

As with the client poll, this one is worthless due to missing options.
I had no interest in people whining how SS have ruined the game or other whines. I was curious on how many left their home shards to put to rest the complaint that SS caused a mass exodus to atlantic. Which by the looks of the poll that belief is nothing more than fiction.

*pees in craftsmans' Cheerios*

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’ll never leave my home shard, too many memories and friends made over the years.

I’ve collected shields for just over half the shards so far, not that I travel to them all. I guess it’s just down to being something else to collect. Whilst I do end up having breaks from the game I always login and collect my tokens, I’ve got more then I know what to do with

I do offer transfers to my friends or to be honest anyone who asks me, it doesn’t cost me anything and it helps others so everyone is a winner (apart from the company getting real life gold), but hey that’s a decision they made *shrugs*

Just my input really.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I left Atlantic and moved to Legends long before shields came out. . Only use the shields to go shopping, and bring home desired gifts received on other shards. And carry stuff around for other people, when asked.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had no interest in people whining how SS have ruined the game or other whines. I was curious on how many left their home shards to put to rest the complaint that SS caused a mass exodus to atlantic. Which by the looks of the poll that belief is nothing more than fiction.
I never questioned your motives. I questioned your ability to put up a meaningful poll.

Kaligorn710

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*pees in craftsmans' Cheerios*
Except your poll results do support the validity of the complaint. The complaint is not who lives where. The shields make the irrelevant as demonstrated by your poll which also show the economy is screwed on other shards because it centers on Atlantic and only those with shields benefit with easy access to a working economy. Thus all the used only for shopping responses. No one with shards needs to move from their home shards, that's kind of the point of complaint.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious about certain claims
You need more options. I already played a few shards and now its easier to move around to more.

I have two accounts both with sheilds. I saved almost all my rewards on both accounts so I have 20+ picks and already claimed about 10 diff shard shields on each account so I can move around pretty freely. It has helped me consolidate my bods from various shards. I've also sent equipment to other shards where you can find anyone to make you anything so I can outfit characters to build.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't vote because my option isn't on there. I transfer every so often to buy things that I can't get on my home shard and also to consolidate gifts. When I pvp'd I could have a character on each shard so there was always something to do.

So yes, I transfer but to say I rarely go home is incorrect.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't vote because my option isn't on there. I transfer every so often to buy things that I can't get on my home shard and also to consolidate gifts. When I pvp'd I could have a character on each shard so there was always something to do.

So yes, I transfer but to say I rarely go home is incorrect.
Is your house on the shard you were on before you got the shard shields?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't see any harm in giving every paying account 2 shard shields, other than that the developers would lose money on transfer tokens. I would be curious to see how many real transfer tokens are actually sold through origin vs how many tokens are used in a month. Not going to go into detail, but I doubt it would impact their transfer sales.

That's a round trip to a server and back once a month. Pretty good incentive to keep accounts open from a financial standpoint, Would you rather have an extra house and 2 transfers a month to move items/shop, or pay for a transfer token.

If you think i'm saying that for my own benefit, I already have more shard shields than I should ever need.

Last edited:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Neither or both. I use my shields to expand what shards I play on. I've met so many new friends on shards I wouldn't have bothered starting on if I couldn't distribute my acquisitions from my home shard. I've stayed, and moved I guess you could say.