• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] PVM Template questions - "Sampire"

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I am hoping to get some advice on which skills to train in order for me to have a good pvm template.
Iam working on a "Sampire" template and have hit the 720 mark, so unless I skillstone a skill, I will now start adjusting downwards as others go up.

Current status and my comment:

• Bushido: 97,6. I intend to work this to 120 real skil.
  • Parry: 102.4. Should I let this go down as Bushido goes up?
  • Chivalry: 115.0. I intended to go to 120, but found a ring with +15 (see details below), so thinking about lowering it again to 105
  • Necromancy: 100.0. I guess I can lower it to 99, as it is only used for Vampire form?
  • Fencing: 105.0. I know swords would be better, I havnt any chars with swords thou and the ring mentioned above also has +15 Fencing, so Will be 120.
  • Tactics: 100.0. Ive seen different places that this should be 120 but also places where they say 80, so.. need some input :)
  • Anatomy: 100.0. Some say anatomy, some say resit spells. I have resist stoned, so can swap, question is, should I try to raise it with equipment or is 100 enough?

The ring I found is:

Fencing +15
Chivalry +15
Vetenary +20 (Oh why wasnt it anatomy or tactics)
HCI: 15%
DMG Inc: 35%
Fire res: 20
Luck: -100

Any input to skill setup based on above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

/Zayin

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bushido is fine going up to 120. Parrying is a players choice type thing where I have run as little as 60 and as much as 120 but you could easily drop to 80 and not really notice that big of a difference.
Str, Damage Increase, Anatomy, Tactics, and Lumberjacking effect the base damage a weapon will hit at. Basically if you want to maximize damage output on your char you want to run 150 str, 100 di, 120 anat, 120 Tactics, and 100 LJ (if you use a axe which your not but IMO the LJ bonus is not that great anyways). I would definitely prioritize getting all those levels checked off when making a samphire these days as its pretty easy to get there now compared to 5 years ago. Base damage is what the other damage modifiers go off like slayers, super slayers, honor, and Enemy of one
I don't even run resist anymore on my chars as I just use a trapped box and I also let Chivarly go up to 115 for stronger Enemy of Ones and Remove curse.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bushido is fine going up to 120. Parrying is a players choice type thing where I have run as little as 60 and as much as 120 but you could easily drop to 80 and not really notice that big of a difference.
Str, Damage Increase, Anatomy, Tactics, and Lumberjacking effect the base damage a weapon will hit at. Basically if you want to maximize damage output on your char you want to run 150 str, 100 di, 120 anat, 120 Tactics, and 100 LJ (if you use a axe which your not but IMO the LJ bonus is not that great anyways). I would definitely prioritize getting all those levels checked off when making a samphire these days as its pretty easy to get there now compared to 5 years ago. Base damage is what the other damage modifiers go off like slayers, super slayers, honor, and Enemy of one
I don't even run resist anymore on my chars as I just use a trapped box and I also let Chivarly go up to 115 for stronger Enemy of Ones and Remove curse.
Just a note on your max damage output. 150 str, 100 di, 120 anat/tactics = 296.25 of 300.
To get to the cap of 300 you'd only need 20 lumbjerjacking (Skill Level/5). I assume human JOAT covers this but I haven't found any confirmation.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note on your max damage output. 150 str, 100 di, 120 anat/tactics = 296.25 of 300.
To get to the cap of 300 you'd only need 20 lumbjerjacking (Skill Level/5). I assume human JOAT covers this but I haven't found any confirmation.
That is not the order it works in as STR, Damage Increase, Anat/Tacs, LJ are not effected by the 300% cap. The 300% cap only applies to slayers, honor and EOO. My sampire has a bladed staff and its base damage is 14-17. STR, DI, ANAT, TACS, and LJ all have different formulas to raise that base weapon strength to a new number. On my sampire I am capped out in DI, Anat, Tacs and STR which when i swing my bladed staff it hits for 55-67 per hit. This is the point when the 300% damage cap comes into play. If i have a spider slayer and fight a the spider boss i am at 300% of damage cap without anything else. Mobs without a super slayer you have to rely on Honor and EOO to get as close as you can to the 300% cap.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your input! Will start by lowering parry and then at some point do the switch to swords :)
For now I need to learn the "spell rotation" to be effective.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is not the order it works in as STR, Damage Increase, Anat/Tacs, LJ are not effected by the 300% cap. The 300% cap only applies to slayers, honor and EOO. My sampire has a bladed staff and its base damage is 14-17. STR, DI, ANAT, TACS, and LJ all have different formulas to raise that base weapon strength to a new number. On my sampire I am capped out in DI, Anat, Tacs and STR which when i swing my bladed staff it hits for 55-67 per hit. This is the point when the 300% damage cap comes into play. If i have a spider slayer and fight a the spider boss i am at 300% of damage cap without anything else. Mobs without a super slayer you have to rely on Honor and EOO to get as close as you can to the 300% cap.
They are affected by a different 300 cap. I am talking about the damage increase cap, which is also 300.
If max Damage Increase for items = 100
If 120 Tactics then (120/1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25
If 120 Anatomy then (120/2) +5 = 65
If 150 Strength then (150*.3) +5 = 50
For a total of 296.25 which means its impossible to hit 300 here unless you have LJ.
20 LJ (Skill Level/5) *if below GM* will add 4.0, reaching the 300 cap.

The damage modifier cap is what you're referring to with slayers, honor, EOO, etc.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Zayin666
Before you mess with your skills too much, know what you want to fight. If you don't have soulstones then you'll probably want to focus on fighting one type of thing (peerless, champs,etc) because each one has slightly different needs. I personally don't run chiv at all, but I know others who won't play without it.

Make sure to check out other posts within the past year or two. Not too much has changed with sampires.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are affected by a different 300 cap. I am talking about the damage increase cap, which is also 300.
If max Damage Increase for items = 100
If 120 Tactics then (120/1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25
If 120 Anatomy then (120/2) +5 = 65
If 150 Strength then (150*.3) +5 = 50
For a total of 296.25 which means its impossible to hit 300 here unless you have LJ.
20 LJ (Skill Level/5) *if below GM* will add 4.0, reaching the 300 cap.

The damage modifier cap is what you're referring to with slayers, honor, EOO, etc.
My mistake, your right because I always though LJ was really a terrible investment for a 100 skill points and it make sense because I am already near the cap lol. The damage i got on top of all the other stuff was like 20 damage and I always wondered why it was so bad. I actually tested all this damage out put stuff one time with a spreadsheet and all the formulas because there really was nothing super clear about it out there. Just searched uo guide and there is actually a good read that explains it really well that was not there in the past I think.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mistake, your right because I always though LJ was really a terrible investment for a 100 skill points and it make sense because I am already near the cap lol. The damage i got on top of all the other stuff was like 20 damage and I always wondered why it was so bad. I actually tested all this damage out put stuff one time with a spreadsheet and all the formulas because there really was nothing super clear about it out there. Just searched uo guide and there is actually a good read that explains it really well that was not there in the past I think.
Check out [url=https://stratics.com/threads/120-chiv.286917/]THIS [/URL]thread. Specifically, look at the posts from Logrus, a former UO Dev.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight...because I'm trying to see if putting Chiv on a template is worth it.

Let's say you're a maxed out human sampire with:

150 STR
120 Bushido
120 Tact
120 Anat
JOAT 20 LJ

I'll have hit the 300% Damage Modifier cap. Thus any slayers, chiv spells will all be useless??

If so, then can I say that Chiv & slayer weapons are only good for characters with less than the 300% damage modifier cap. So someone running just GM Tact, 0 Anat, 125 str would greatly benefit from Slayer weapons, Chiv damage spells and Perfection from Bushido. Am i right?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight...because I'm trying to see if putting Chiv on a template is worth it.

Let's say you're a maxed out human sampire with:

150 STR
120 Bushido
120 Tact
120 Anat
JOAT 20 LJ

I'll have hit the 300% Damage Modifier cap. Thus any slayers, chiv spells will all be useless??

If so, then can I say that Chiv & slayer weapons are only good for characters with less than the 300% damage modifier cap. So someone running just GM Tact, 0 Anat, 125 str would greatly benefit from Slayer weapons, Chiv damage spells and Perfection from Bushido. Am i right?
No. There are two different 300 caps, damage increase and damage modifier. The formula stuff that I posted is damage increase which affects affects the base damage of your weapon. The damage modifier includes things such as chiv, perfection, slayers, etc and is subject to a different 300 cap.

Here's what King Greg correctly wrote in another thread...

You always have 100% damage Modifier. You will always swing for 100% of your base damage before resists are calculated. From there, you can add these on top of that.
Slayer (+200%)
Super Slayer (+100%)
Honor (+100% Max)
Enemy of One (+82% max)
Consecrate Weapon (+15%)
Some Quivers (10%)

Damage modifier is Calculated kind of similar to how your base damage is calculated as well. You start off at 100% Damage Modifier. So just having a specific slayer will put you at 300%, or having a super slayer on weapon and on a talisman.

Honor + Enemy of One + Consecrate will give you max Damage modifier against mobs that have no slayer.

TLDR: Damage Increase from items / Tactics / Anatomy / Lumberjack / Strength is your damage increase cap of 300
Slayer, Honor, Chiv is your damage modifier cap of 300
Two completely different things

EDIT: Fixed Enemy of One max damage %

Last edited:

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. There are two different 300 caps, damage increase and damage modifier. The formula stuff that I posted is damage increase which affects affects the base damage of your weapon. The damage modifier includes things such as chiv, perfection, slayers, etc and is subject to a different 300 cap.

You always have 100% damage Modifier. You will always swing for 100% of your base damage before resists are calculated. From there, you can add these on top of that.
Slayer (+200%)
Super Slayer (+100%)
Honor (+100% Max)
Enemy of One (+86% max)
Consecrate Weapon (+15%)
Some Quivers (10%)

Damage modifier is Calculated kind of similar to how your base damage is calculated as well. You start off at 100% Damage Modifier. So just having a specific slayer will put you at 300%, or having a super slayer on weapon and on a talisman.

Honor + Enemy of One + Consecrate will give you max Damage modifier against mobs that have no slayer.

TLDR: Damage Increase from items / Tactics / Anatomy / Lumberjack / Strength is your damage increase cap of 300

Totally understand now and much appreciated...just wish i didnt have to add Chiv to my sampire, lol!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Slayer (+200%)
Super Slayer (+100%)
Honor (+100% Max)
Enemy of One (+86% max)
Consecrate Weapon (+15%)
Some Quivers (10%)

Is enemy of one damage +85% at 120 skill now? Always thought it was 82%. If so, I need to update my damage calculator so it uses the correct numbers.