• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Bkeak, @Mesana 2-Slot Cu Sidhes?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Apparently there is a player or group of players hopping shards, selling-spreading "2-slot Cu's". Several of us have seen these, not heresay or figments of imagination etc.
These seem to be exploited, and the seller is usually asking anywhere fro 50 M - 150 M apiece..Is this an exploited bunch of Cu Sidhes? If so, how do you propose to stop this before it becomes viral? I met one person who claims she bought one of these, with "unusual" stats. If this is from an exploit please do not punish the entire tamer community..I would look into this pretty quickly..
If this is not an exploit : Then welcome to the new era of 2 - slot Cu's..
Any comments from the Devs, @Bleak, @Mesana would be appreciated.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Apparently there is a player or group of players hopping shards, selling-spreading "2-slot Cu's". Several of us have seen these, not heresay or figments of imagination etc.
These seem to be exploited, and the seller is usually asking anywhere fro 50 M - 150 M apiece..Is this an exploited bunch of Cu Sidhes? If so, how do you propose to stop this before it becomes viral? I met one person who claims she bought one of these, with "unusual" stats. If this is from an exploit please do not punish the entire tamer community..I would look into this pretty quickly..
If this is not an exploit : Then welcome to the new era of 2 - slot Cu's..
Any comments from the Devs, @Bleak, @Mesana would be appreciated.
On the same line also, I do not think that the player that reported they saw a Cu Sidhe with 2,300 HPS were seeing things due to long hours of play. There is a code change from the last pet jump-slot correction that allows Cu Sidhes to drop to 2-slots, and that should not be the case. Then the perpetrator is able to advance 3 levels of training rather than the 2 allowed for Cu's of the rest of us poor mortals....
This is a GAME BUSTER : It took me a whole day to spawn my last Gold color Cu at 600 HP and 510 STR, spent hours and hours of Cu spawning..Now you have someone who alters an ordinary Cu gimps down the stats and skills, gets it to 2 slots in seconds due to a game bug? What is next? A 1-slot Cu Sidhe? Really?
Please look at the code that allows this and fix asap.
Also Let me know if I can help you do this..

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 2 slot ones were from the old exploit. The new exploit makes the HP and mana overcapped. The new ones are the problem. the 2 slot ones that dont go overcap just have more mana than normal that goes to 0 anyway.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The 2 slot ones were from the old exploit. The new exploit makes the HP and mana overcapped. The new ones are the problem. the 2 slot ones that dont go overcap just have more mana than normal that goes to 0 anyway.
So these pets are from the old exploit? Should they be deleted? The new exploit if for the 2300 hp/ 2000 mana? Why are these not a violation of TOS??

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Compare doing the expoits to spawning cus that takes at least me MANY HOURS to do, sam as most of us mortals...That would p*ss most of us royally..especially since a lot of us possibly KNOW or suspect how these explois are done but DO NOT ..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Apparently they are reported from several shards not just one or two..So the scammer(s) could be shard hopping, as I suspect. Also I doubt that they are really into taming, or that their heart is into taming, they just want to HURT taming and tamers in general. I doubt that they just want to rip-off people's gold by selling these pets and just make a profit, they really mean harm for taming in general, and also the game as a whole. Problem is how the h*ll this can be fixed/corrected? We need comments from the devs. Soon..

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’m standing at the Slime training spot and watching someone train their Full Legendary Disco Ai 1000hp 1200 mana 20/20/30 regent pet and feeling pretty forlorn.

Of course that doesn’t compare to the 2000 hp Cu I saw last week.

Oh well. Cheaters always win.

I’m mostly frustrated at the moment, but doubt this will be addressed timely and of course EJ is on the way, so all the exploiters will make a mint.

*Grumble Grumble.*

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m mostly frustrated at the moment, but doubt this will be addressed timely and of course EJ is on the way, so all the exploiters will make a mint
I saw a 2 slot last night. They need reverted. Honest players aren't going to suffer with a revert because the only people that can afford these things are players that know they can't be achieved by normal means.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it would take a revert. I think you could identify the pets by code. Kind of like the exploit shortly after the pet revamp, and they found those pets and corrected them. I mean, I just saw a cu with 48HPR, 28SR and 30MR. How hard would it be to find that?

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't think it would take a revert. I think you could identify the pets by code. Kind of like the exploit shortly after the pet revamp, and they found those pets and corrected them. I mean, I just saw a cu with 48HPR, 28SR and 30MR. How hard would it be to find that?
It looks like there is something in the code that allows bypassing normal checks for these stats to get so crazy..I suspect that this will lead to a larger mess trying to fix this. I wonder how many people already have bought these exploited pets..I agree they need to be reverted, and code fixed pretty fast while we are gearing up for the "EJ", and that is more important for the game than the EJ.
I also think that people should blow the whistle on these things and not be afraid to talk.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
from what I know, devs stated that the exploited pets will be set back to default. we will see. it would be nice if we got statements about this on patch page so everyone would know. I always said, anything that not supposed to be in game or is exploited should be deleted. don't leave any gray areas. I posted/reported pets with way to much abilities/stats/skills ect compared to my pet and some on stratics didn't believe without a picture or just wanted to divert what was going on. I wont know what to say if they are allowed to keep these pets.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does it matter if a pet has 1k hit pointp, 2k hp or 100k hit point, they're all invincible anyway, you just log out just before it dies
*ducks*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
getting 1000hp on your Cu is not a bug, you can do that with any Cu.
you just need to take the hit somewhere else if your going to put all your points into the HP.

now 2000hp thats a exploit!

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pet doth reliably not change targets. My stupid dragon stayed on Barracoon, and did not turn to bite a chunk out of the fellow who was plinking arrows at him. Strong pet. Brains made from tapioca pudding.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
dont know if this has to do with this exploit, but it seem the Cu's disappeared. The spawn is missing in twisted weald on Europa...

The 2slot CUs are from patch 97.
They added the no jump patch reverted the pets they thought were too powerful. So they swung the nerf bat and all the de-slotted pets which had stats too high for their current control slots were reverted . All the ones left behind survive the nerf bat.

Pet Adjustments (patch 98.1)
  • Pets with Magery no longer teleport to player target when out of range or cast Mind Blast on player targets.
  • Advanced Pet Training Process: Pet slots are no longer adjusted by the pet training process. Pet slots are only adjusted when tamed.
  • Removed SDI cap damage vs Pets.
  • Players can now parry pet special moves.
  • Increased Pet damage reduction vs Players from 30% to 50%.
  • Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35.
  • Special move AI now properly sets a 30 seconds cooldown for pets vs players.
  • Advanced Pet Training Process: Special Move Bladeweave now requires the additional Bushido skill when trained.
  • All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training. Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults.

As far as the existence of 2k HP pet that's gotta be new. Or the nerf bat would have hit them.
If you saw a pet with 38HPR that can easily be done with normal training to 20HPR + bard provoke song. Same goes for the buffs for stam R and MR.
Would love to hear the devs actually make a comment about ANY of the buggy pets though. But history shows they let some go and some not.

Last edited:

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah. I saw with my own eyes using Lore a Cu with 2000hp 1600mp, full legendary on all skills, normal 80/80/80/80/45 resists, full 20/20/30 regens.

Like I previously said, the 1k, 1200mp Cu's had full 120 on all skills, near full resists and the full 20/20/30 regens, but the extra regen was from a bard song. Furhter, it had max 150 stam, dex, 700 STR, 600 INT.

I can't hit those numbers and I've been training Cu's since October. So, interesting theories, but the math doesn't add up. But if anyone can hit those numbers legit, please share knowledge, it would be appreciated. TYSM!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix Any chance we can get a response please? Now would be an AWESOME time to start banning cheaters/scripters/multiboxxers/RMT people. Like @Mesanna said at the 2oth Anniversary party. No need to wait until "Endless Journey". comes out. :)
They are not going to ban any paid accounts. When Mesanna talks about enforcing rules after EJ, she strictly means the free accounts ;) That's why they always point out it's coming with EJ. It's basically to assure her fans no free account will take a part of their cake. No more.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They are not going to ban any paid accounts. When Mesanna talks about enforcing rules after EJ, she strictly means the free accounts ;) That's why they always point out it's coming with EJ. It's basically to assure her fans no free account will take a part of their cake. No more.
At the party that's not exactly how it came out. Granted, I have slept since then, LOL, but the way I remember it was, she talked about the EJ accounts, AND mentioned the multiboxxers, but it sounded to me as if the paid accounts could be banned, but perhaps they got a warning first. In no way, shape, form, or fashion could she refuse to ban ANY paid accounts if they are caught cheating, and hold on to ANY semblance of partiality . @Mesanna some clarifacation please.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the party that's not exactly how it came out. Granted, I have slept since then, LOL, but the way I remember it was, she talked about the EJ accounts, AND mentioned the multiboxxers, but it sounded to me as if the paid accounts could be banned, but perhaps they got a warning first. In no way, shape, form, or fashion she refuse to ban ANY paid accounts if they are caught cheating, and hold on to ANY semblance of partiality . @Mesanna some clarifacation please.
Yea, you're right. Of course she never said it that harsh. And for the better of the game I hope they really do like you say..

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are going to be some angry folks when this is all over. A fix may take a little while to work through, but the sooner they at least make a statement about it the better it will be. @Bleak @Kyronix we really need an official message to the UO players warning them to not buy these. There are plenty of folks who don't read Stratics but get emails from you guys.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are going to be some angry folks when this is all over. A fix may take a little while to work through, but the sooner they at least make a statement about it the better it will be. @Bleak @Kyronix we really need an official message to the UO players warning them to not buy these. There are plenty of folks who don't read Stratics but get emails from you guys.
Any tamer thats been a tamer for more than a month knows that's exploited.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Won't stop them from being angry that they were allowed to buy something like that in game that was being publicly announced at Luna stable. :(

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you have screenshots with player names, please forward them to Broadsword so that they can look into it and take care of the matter.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They shouldn't need screen shots, at WORST it should takes a query looking at pet information, and then the linking player information--- unless they don't know how to do that--- which would be highly disturbing.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have screenshots with player names, please forward them to Broadsword so that they can look into it and take care of the matter.
Easier to post here, tag a dev and take losing a demerit point (lol?)

@Kyronix @Bleak I was lucky enough to have ample time to physical harassment page and target the pets owner so it's been officially recorded where to look. Pet and owner were spotted much later after talking to a GM in person... take that as you will.

Having something where a player could literally afk anything in the game seems sort of game breaking to me. If it's no big deal then I would like to have one.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
well have at it! it sounds like they're readily available.
Really? 1-slot and 2-slot Cus? Readily available? From where? And since we are at it lets sugar coat every crooked act in the game, every cheat, and every exploit, since the dev team is unable to control these. Also while we are at it, lets all be jealous that we did not pay 50-150 M for an exploited Cu. The reality is that these are blatant, glaring exploits that makes a joke of all of us that farm for hours if not days to get a colored Cu with STR of 600, or other pets for same reason. Gives you a punch in the gut for sure, and a sense of futility.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> get a colored Cu with STR of 600
(Eh, canst thou not, with training, enhance thy pet up to 700 str?)

North_LS

Journeyman
Really? 1-slot and 2-slot Cus? Readily available? From where? And since we are at it lets sugar coat every crooked act in the game, every cheat, and every exploit, since the dev team is unable to control these. Also while we are at it, lets all be jealous that we did not pay 50-150 M for an exploited Cu. The reality is that these are blatant, glaring exploits that makes a joke of all of us that farm for hours if not days to get a colored Cu with STR of 600, or other pets for same reason. Gives you a punch in the gut for sure, and a sense of futility.
reading this thread would lead one to believe they're literally everywhere and being sold with reckless abandon. if that isn't the case, perhaps we should hold off on the general panicked reaction.

Tamers and players who get "better" pets gets to enjoy the game more since they are not dieing or their pet dieing as easily . A 2slot CU normally will only have maybe 100-200 more HP vs a 3slot depending on if you decide to add a little more mana and mana goes to 0 pretty fast even at 1500MP.
The only ones who seem to not like having the better CUs are the ones who have been farming 100s of hours for CUs. The truth is no one likes farming. Farming leads to boredom and people getting burnt out and quitting the game.
So to me, if the devs let's them stay then good, cause that enhances a lot of people's play experience which overall is good for the game and hopefully increases the subscription rate and/or player base.
The more $ UO makes the better for everyone in the long run.

The real problem are the pets that exceeds the training caps, the ones with greater than 3300 training points for HP+stam+MP. And those only really matter in PvP cause most of those people like to cry and whine and spam genchat PvP.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The real problem are the pets that exceeds the training caps, the ones with greater than 3300 training points for HP+stam+MP. And those only really matter in PvP cause most of those people like to cry and whine and spam genchat PvP.
It should matter everywhere because normal everyday players cannot obtain overcap stat pets by legal means. It creates an unfair economical advantage to illegal pet owners when all their time can be committed to the highest level of gameplay.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Easier to post here, tag a dev and take losing a demerit point (lol?)

@Kyronix @Bleak I was lucky enough to have ample time to physical harassment page and target the pets owner so it's been officially recorded where to look. Pet and owner were spotted much later after talking to a GM in person... take that as you will.

Having something where a player could literally afk anything in the game seems sort of game breaking to me. If it's no big deal then I would like to have one.
GJ..Thank you on behalf of all of us..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Tamers and players who get "better" pets gets to enjoy the game more since they are not dieing or their pet dieing as easily . A 2slot CU normally will only have maybe 100-200 more HP vs a 3slot depending on if you decide to add a little more mana and mana goes to 0 pretty fast even at 1500MP.
The only ones who seem to not like having the better CUs are the ones who have been farming 100s of hours for CUs. The truth is no one likes farming. Farming leads to boredom and people getting burnt out and quitting the game.
So to me, if the devs let's them stay then good, cause that enhances a lot of people's play experience which overall is good for the game and hopefully increases the subscription rate and/or player base.
The more $ UO makes the better for everyone in the long run.

I also think that cheating is just that..cheating. What about a cheat that allows random creation of PS 120's in the game without doing the work required? Would that also be seen under the same permissive light, that would enhance some or many pples experience so lets close our eyes to that? I think that glaring cheats and exploits should not be allowed, and perverting game mechanics to produce huge profit for some should not be allowed. I think that devs should look into this bug the 2-slot Cu bug and the 2300 HP Cu bug and fix it soon..

Please don't minimize the seriousness of these cheats..Doing so is insulting to the entire taming community. We do not, and most of us refuse to take part in these, and should NOT accept these pets even if given for FREE, imho..

2slot CUs were already looked at. The bug that created them was from patch 97. It was not a specific bug that created only lower slot CUs. It was a bug that allowed lowering the slot of any pet. The devs patch the bug and got rid of the pets they thought had stats too high for their allotted slot level.
They obviously didn't think the 2slot CUs or the 4slot greater dragons or all the other lowered slot pets with low enough stats to be a problem . So they left them be when they patched 98.1.
1slot fire beetle and a blue beetle has higher stats . Same with lesser hiryus.
The over capped stat pets some people are talking about has got to be new. They can easily clean those guys by first identifying the bug then running their pet revert patch again that they hit us with when they patched 98.1. That patch reverted all the pets that they thought was too high.
But IMO they already looked at all the pets that have been lowered and decided they are ok and left them be.
Some people think these are new but unless someone figured out a new way to make them then these are the left overs from after the devs already looked at the problem and decided they are staying.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
2slot CUs were already looked at. The bug that created them was from patch 97. It was not a specific bug that created only lower slot CUs. It was a bug that allowed lowering the slot of any pet. The devs patch the bug and got rid of the pets they thought had stats too high for their allotted slot level.
They obviously didn't think the 2slot CUs or the 4slot greater dragons or all the other lowered slot pets with low enough stats to be a problem . So they left them be when they patched 98.1.
1slot fire beetle and a blue beetle has higher stats . Same with lesser hiryus.
The over capped stat pets some people are talking about has got to be new. They can easily clean those guys by first identifying the bug then running their pet revert patch again that they hit us with when they patched 98.1. That patch reverted all the pets that they thought was too high.
But IMO they already looked at all the pets that have been lowered and decided they are ok and left them be.
Some people think these are new but unless someone figured out a new way to make them then these are the left overs from after the devs already looked at the problem and decided they are staying.
So i guess now we are looking down the barrel of a new pet revert and all its possible complications for the rest of us....Just because some people enjoy cheating..aw well. We will wait and see what happens I guess..If and when the devs get to it..

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
id 100% rather these new pets be left alone than devs implement some halfassed revert that has the potential to affect legitimate pets owned by the rest of us.
On a related note, regarding a pet "revert", how about this idea? If you have a pet that is "screwed up" (maybe from a pet revert, a change that makes the pet no longer viable, or even "operator error") you have the option of releasing the pet, and killing it. At death, THE POWER SCROLLS USED ON THE PET ARE ON THE CORPSE, and recoverable. Because let's face it, the scrolls aren't cheap. I am leery of using my 120's simply because there is no telling what may change (i.e. the consume damage "nerf", the changes to some of the specials on the pets, etc...) At this time I probably have 15 +/- (IMO) useless pets with 120's on them (through "changes" after the fact) I would LOVE to have a way to recover those scrolls. How about it @Bleak @Kyronix ???

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
On a related note, regarding a pet "revert", how about this idea? If you have a pet that is "screwed up" (maybe from a pet revert, a change that makes the pet no longer viable, or even "operator error") you have the option of releasing the pet, and killing it. At death, THE POWER SCROLLS USED ON THE PET ARE ON THE CORPSE, and recoverable. Because let's face it, the scrolls aren't cheap. I am leery of using my 120's simply because there is no telling what may change (i.e. the consume damage "nerf", the changes to some of the specials on the pets, etc...) At this time I probably have 15 +/- (IMO) useless pets with 120's on them (through "changes" after the fact) I would LOVE to have a way to recover those scrolls. How about it @Bleak @Kyronix ???
The idea is great, even better would be a mechanism by which you could physically remove the 120,s and changes you made and modify the pet, i.e. to respec the pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
id 100% rather these new pets be left alone than devs implement some halfassed revert that has the potential to affect legitimate pets owned by the rest of us.
Yep this is a major concern .. That is one of the main reasons why this is so damaging to the game also..