• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Government of Lake Austin

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that the majority of the towns, are governed by people who do not play, or set town buffs. This is highly irritating as elections are not until may. I have emailed our EM but no response. Anyone have any idea how we can get this addressed? When bringing it up to Mesanna, she just told me to get ahold of our em.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you want to see about becoming a governor (currently, only Yew and Britain have active governors), have adored or better standing in your city of choice, be a citizen of the city, and talk to Topaz after the next meeting. Provided that your account is in good standing, you can typically get made a governor within 2-3 weeks (if not right away). Do note that the character that becomes governor must remain a citizen of the city, and cannot cross-shard while governor (I use one of my crafters to do all my cross-sharding).

Reminder: There were apparently a city or two where people ran for the office, were elected, but never accepted. You don't officially become governor if you win an election until you go to the city stone and accept the position.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, who goes by Johnny Tsunami, here by announce my run for VESPER Governor. Originally I was going to run for Skara Brae, but the people of Vesper have spoken, and I am Adored there. I shall be attending the meeting next Saturday for my petition to run for said town's Governor. I encourage all those who are interested in other cities with inactive government to be there as well..

I have been personally recommended by a good friend More Cowbell, who unfortunately has other arrangements (like accidentally leaving his citizenship and having a funky stupid name for a position like this :) )

Last edited:

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm offering for Moonglow. Elessa is 'adored' there and I've always had a mage as a citizen there! If I can be of assistance as a governor, I will do it!

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am the mayor of Luna. Gorrow likes to stand around the bank and tell people that he is the mayor, but don't believe that damn liar.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am the mayor of Luna. Gorrow likes to stand around the bank and tell people that he is the mayor, but don't believe that damn liar.
Your house definitely does more for the rest of LA than anything Gorrow does....

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am governor of minor and am active. I will keep up ssi for my term
Sorry, did you mean Minoc? I'm still learning my governor's and citizens since I returned! :) This thread is really useful that way!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Restless, your house is a real service to the shard community. Thank you!