• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, which mastery songs will run forever?

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do any of the bard mastery spellsongs run forever?
Which ones last as long as thou hast mana?

Which ones end (even if thou hast mana)? and how long do these last?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe that they go as long as you have mana. I remember having to turn it off but it has been quite a while since I have used them or my bard.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you get hit by certain effects / damage (not sure which), it can stop the masteries even if you have mana.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
can't remember which one at the moment but i know one times out after like 2-30 seconds, and i have to redo which means paying start up mana cost again. stopped playing bard because of that.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As Elf Bard (3xL+97Disco), 180 mana, with Meditation 100, Focus 0, MR 0, you can run Peacemaking masteries perm til interrupt.

You can only run Invigorate on Provocation masteries perm. Inspire+Invigorate will not play indefinitely. (Needs Focus/MR to be able.)

Discordance Masteries are a big mana sink. I had to add 100 Focus and 5MR to feel comfortable playing those in a DPS manner and still, it’s way slow deeps: around 50~65 dmg per tick to a dragon using cold, disco, slayer harp.

Now on Navrey, if I drop Focus for EI and do fire, disco, slayer, two EVs and some slayer Fireballs, I can easily top 250+, depending on Trib procs, so that’s super fun.(Mana-dump tho and requires Med to restart.) This lasts approx. 30 sec til mana zero.

Although my tamer mage can drop 350 FS with Ai’s 150-200, auto-attack 50--100, hits from Cu.
Thus lasts for 40 secs~.

So, bard does pretty good deeps for a support class. :]

Last edited:

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
At 4x120, Resilience and perserverence can be sustained indefinitely if you have 120 Med and 40% LMC, As well as 120 focus and 55% LMC.

Invigorate and inspire can be sustained indefinitely if you have 120 med, 40% LMC, with 10 or so mana regen.
120 focus 55% LMc and something like 15 mana regen.

At 4x120, tribulation and despair turn off after 28 seconds on a monster with no resisting spells so technically you can never “permanently” have it up, but with 120 med, 120 focus, 40% LMC and 30 MR I could ALMOST keep both up indefinitely(if they are recast immediately when they drop off), the time it takes to recast both is enough to counteract thier casting cost. But if I also had 50 necro and spirit speak and minimum karma I am sure with a shadow wisp you could keep it up “indefinitely”