• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] PVP dex/weaver Template

andrea.c

Visitor
Hi there,

one more returning player on the way, I'd like to ask you expert about a PVP dex/weaver template.
4/6 cast with chiva

Something like this could work?
120 fencing
120 magic ress
120 parry
100 weav
100 medit
90 tactics
70 chivarly

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya,

My personal opinion is that template is very ambitious.
I get you having the parry, very necessary these days with dexxers dominating all.
I get the fencing, chiv also.

I'm not sure SW can add much to that template - I use a pure Mage SW, no dex, 200 mana, full mana regen and meditation, I have a PvM SDI suit, and a PvP non SDI/defensive/eater suit etc - and the thing to know about SW is it is hugely mana intensive, it uses a lot.
It has nice spells, but they don't add so much to PvP, it is useful in a team, where you can add variety, but it uses a ton of mana, and a lot of the nice abilities have big cooldowns, that you can rarely get right for that PvP moment.

I'd probably take the SW off and go with something else, unless you have the mother of all suits.
Poison as this is OP right now (and take off med for healing/anat)
Or Magery for less mana intensive more flexibility.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm not really playing at the moment so don't know what if any changes are in play, but some years ago I was playing a weaver fencer with 4/6 chiv and med. I was playing in a large spawner guild at the time and the character was a huge asset as a 'choke point buster' type character. Basically I'd run in with all buffs up, with 100%hit area weapons and wildfire and keep everyone on the defensive/taking all aggro while everyone else rolled in and took them out.

It was also fairy effective in field too, I remember beating the top guild on the shard (all casters) at desert spawn mainly because they couldn't get near the alter with all the wildfire I was dropping. Obviously you've got wind/thunderstorm too, as long as you're conservative with your mana dumpage it's a fun template to play but I would say you need to be in a competent group. That tends to apply to any niche template.

andrea.c

Visitor
thank you Lord GOD for your contribute, in your experience do you think the skill points are well distributed? About the stats I suppose 150 str, 50 int and all the rest in dex ?

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Lord GOD said, SW dexer is a support character at best. Before they implemented the Tactics requirement for weapon specials, you could've actually run a Stealth,Ninja,Chiv,SW that was quite fun that used DeathStrike for damage. Now that templates are more limited, I'm thinking the only way to actually have SW on a dexer if you actually want to PVP is to add Taming. Have little to no stam, use a fast splintering bokuto and dismount/All Kill for actually damage. The SW mastery will give you a mana shield, so if you run like 180+ mana, 150HP...mana shield will give you a ton of additional buffer to stay in the fray. I'd also run Chiv for quick heals and go 4/6 all the way.

I've always wanted to try this type of tamer template out but quit before all the legendaries got brittle and antique properties, so making a suit with cursed items was a no go and couldnt fit all the required stats. Will be interesting if you build it and show us how it does!

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a 4/6 red chiv weaver. Lil bit diff from your set up. I also have 120 focus for Mana regens purposes.

It's very viable for PvP and works well in some pvm scenarios. Hard part is keeping your karma high enough for 35 fists.