• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inscription Help & Advice

Trithemius

Visitor
Hi all, I've recently GM'd Inscription and want to start to make more items, i have just purchased a Talisman with the following stats

22% Exceptional
12% Bonus

It's made my exceptional spell book chance 27%

I have the following stats also on this char

110 Eval
110 Magery
120 Med

Not sure if they are associated or make a difference, my two questions are

1. How do i make slayer books, I've made a few spellbooks with the odd mana regen etc. does it have to be Exceptional for a slayer

2. Is there anything else i can do to increase the chances of a slayer book?

Thanks in advance

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does not have to be exceptional to get a slayer.

The higher your magery is the better. Eval and med does not matter for spellbooks.

Expect to burn thru tens of thousands of blank scrolls.

Good luck.

Adrahil

Adventurer
Hi all, I've recently GM'd Inscription and want to start to make more items, i have just purchased a Talisman with the following stats

22% Exceptional
12% Bonus

It's made my exceptional spell book chance 27%

I have the following stats also on this char

110 Eval
110 Magery
120 Med

Not sure if they are associated or make a difference, my two questions are

1. How do i make slayer books, I've made a few spellbooks with the odd mana regen etc. does it have to be Exceptional for a slayer

2. Is there anything else i can do to increase the chances of a slayer book?

Thanks in advance
I have no evidence to back this up, but I always seem to have better luck making spellbooks with stats in a mage shop. I sit at Encyclopedia Magika with my beetle waiting on the mages to spawn more scrolls. I could be crazy, but it works well for me. I have 111.4 Magery, so in terms of skill we are about equal..

Trithemius

Visitor
I have no evidence to back this up, but I always seem to have better luck making spellbooks with stats in a mage shop. I sit at Encyclopedia Magika with my beetle waiting on the mages to spawn more scrolls. I could be crazy, but it works well for me. I have 111.4 Magery, so in terms of skill we are about equal..
Interesting, ill give it a go..