• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So this is my final sampire template and armor ("The Sampiredin")

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It would drop to around 60% as well.
What he did here was to reforge the sword to over 100% HML then imbued SSI, which brought it down to 96%.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It doesn't matter what order you do it in, it will limit the HML, the only way to keep the HML is to put all your SSI on other gear; ring, brace, cloak, legs/breastplate, cameo.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
For my 2h axe, when I imbue 30% SSI then imbue MAX HML, it tops out somewhere around 60% (can't remember the exact number). I notice if I didn't imbue SSI, it tops out at 81%. Any idea what would happen if I imbued HML first at 81%, then try to imbue SSI? Would I still be able to imbue 30% SSI? I'm guessing no...

Could always try it on test center, but can't log in at the moment since I'm not at home.
Reforging allows you to "overcap" the HML of a weapon - in some cases this means that, although only 100% is shown, it actually has 100+, so when you imbue the SSI after reforging for HML, the Hit Leech stays above 100, even though you're adding SSI. This only works on 3.25s, I believe, or slower weapons though, as even when fully overcapped by reforging once you add some SSI, your leech is no longer above 100. I know I did prove this in prodo with a longsword a while ago.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm a slow starter .... just decided that I wanted to play around with a Sampire .... spent a couple of weeks thinking / reading / buying / crafting ... I'm sure you know the drill.

As of last night this is what I have

Weapon Skill 120
Bushido 120
Parrying 120
Tactics 105
Necromancy 100
Resist Magic 100
Chivalry 75

Physical Resist 71
Fire Resist 103
Cold Resist 72
Poison Resist 72
Energy Resist 73

STR 123
Hit Points 136
DEX 147
Stamina 143
INT 25
Mana 57

Defense Chance Increase 30
Mana Regen 12
Hit Chance Increase 45
Lower Mana Cost 32
FC 2
FCR 4
Damage Increase 100

Weapon … Double Axe
Hit Stamina Leech 50
Hit Mana Leech 62
Swing Speed Increase 30
Damage Increase 50
Plus Slayer or Hit Area Effect

I'm not looking for a major rework ... just maybe some tweaks or advice

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not the default sampire template in this thread and its a bit outdated. You need 120 chivalry for a sampiredin template but personally i dont recommend this anymore. Dragoon build is better but you need the equipment for this.

You probabky should go for a pure sampire build. First thing is what do you want to battle. Second your equipment is lacking information. What artifacts do you use, whar type of armor, whats your race + + + ?

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is not the default sampire template in this thread and its a bit outdated. You need 120 chivalry for a sampiredin template but personally i dont recommend this anymore. Dragoon build is better but you need the equipment for this.

You probabky should go for a pure sampire build. First thing is what do you want to battle. Second your equipment is lacking information. What artifacts do you use, whar type of armor, whats your race + + + ?
Also your Stamina is wrong, it can't be less than your Dex.
sorry 173 for stamina .... I'll grab more info in a little

What is the "latest" template/build ..... told you I was slow :)

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
sorry 173 for stamina .... I'll grab more info in a little

What is the "latest" template/build ..... told you I was slow :)
I dug around ... now I know what you mean by the "Dragoon" ....

I looked at the Stats ... compared them to mine and was impressed by how much better Duncan's are than mine.

While I was going over the Equipment list ... and was looking at arties that I don't have it looked like Mace & Shield Glasses and the Plate Helm bearing the Crest of Blackthorn looked pretty much the same .... as well as the Crimson Cincture and the Obi bearing the Crest of Blackthorn ... am I missing something on these two pieces?

Also ... the crafted pieces are excellent .... I have allot to learn to be able to make those .... I'm "OK" ..... but not that good.

I've been with UO for a real long time ... but never got to that level .... more of a casual player. I wanted to build a Sampire and learn the ins-and-outs of PVM .... I'm a solo player ... and wanted to create something that would allow me to solo some of the Champion Spawns .... I'm also on GL ... not allot of players here .... solo'ing would work real well.

I generally head to Atlantic to go "shopping" ... gold really isn't an issue .... and I'm not in a real big hurry ... I like UO to "work my brain" and have some fun ....

I'd appreciate any help that you people could give .... Thanks

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dug around ... now I know what you mean by the "Dragoon" ....

I looked at the Stats ... compared them to mine and was impressed by how much better Duncan's are than mine.

While I was going over the Equipment list ... and was looking at arties that I don't have it looked like Mace & Shield Glasses and the Plate Helm bearing the Crest of Blackthorn looked pretty much the same .... as well as the Crimson Cincture and the Obi bearing the Crest of Blackthorn ... am I missing something on these two pieces?

Also ... the crafted pieces are excellent .... I have allot to learn to be able to make those .... I'm "OK" ..... but not that good.

I've been with UO for a real long time ... but never got to that level .... more of a casual player. I wanted to build a Sampire and learn the ins-and-outs of PVM .... I'm a solo player ... and wanted to create something that would allow me to solo some of the Champion Spawns .... I'm also on GL ... not allot of players here .... solo'ing would work real well.

I generally head to Atlantic to go "shopping" ... gold really isn't an issue .... and I'm not in a real big hurry ... I like UO to "work my brain" and have some fun ....

I'd appreciate any help that you people could give .... Thanks
I was just looking over your spreadsheet and see what looks like some interchangeable items

Mace Shield Glasses / Blackthorns Helm
Conjurers Garb / Blackthorns Epaulette
Crimson Cincture/Blackthorns Obi

If they ARE interchangeable?

BTW thanks for the spreadsheet ... it's a big help in understanding the specifics of your build

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the blackthorn items are all interchangable except the plate Helm because you can apply refinements.

I used the blackthorn items because they look better

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Duncan. First off thanks for this post and the work you put into it. As a new player, just started playing UO a month ago I know some things have changed since your original post. I'd like to create a char to mirror this one u outlined, but with the updated equipment. Would you mind breaking down your template, armor and weapon choices now a days? I loved the spreadsheet as it was super easy to reference but I can imagine the work you put into that. Thanks for any information you can provide. My char is a male human. 120 swords 100 tacs 60 parry 40 necro 85 chiv 85 Bushido as of right now. Still working on training up. Thanks again

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You probably had to scroll past the massive thread doing just this. Look at the "Dragoon" thread.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I will look in that that one. Thank you. How does the Dragoon compare to your sampire, in ease of play? I already started buying stuff for sampire. Got the mana orb. Mace and shield glasses. The crimson and the garb already. Thanks

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is not much difference in playing a dragoon compared to a sampiredin. There are mostly benefits in stats and in skills, especially because you dont need necromancy at all

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is not much difference in playing a dragoon compared to a sampiredin. There are mostly benefits in stats and in skills, especially because you dont need necromancy at all
OK thanks. So the equipment I've collected already can still work just as well with the dragoon build?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes mace and shield, garb, and crimson i use as a dragoon as well. The mana orb is somewhat outdated. There you should find sth better. Preferably slither

Aj TUK

Adventurer
Only just recently got a stratics account, but this is the template that inspired me to create a samphire of my own back in 2014, so would just like to say thanks!