• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival Tree Statuses

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holy hell that was freaky!
i was sitting at the tree on ATL right now and all of a sudden BLAMO! the presents exploded everywhere!

that was pretty damn cool to see that pop like that!!!!
Did you note exactly when it happened? I was watching a movie and forgot to look over at the other window and missed it.

Added: Checked the other east coast shards the last couple of minutes and none of them have gone to the gift stage yet. Are they all running an hour behind Atlantic?

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone seen an elf and snow patch in Trinsic yet? On Monday evening, the Vesper elf showed up as soon as the Yew tree had gifts. Haven't been able to find anything in Trinsic yet on the few shards I've checked. The wiki on uo.com says it will be in the Trinsic park.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just ran theu Trinsic on Europa at 10:40 BST and the Elf is there wantning bod drops :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I totally can not believe how bad my luck is... 2 full tree's on GLs ran every account though that's over a dozen accounts full of characters both times... and I can not for the life of me get a freaking Ankh pillow... Un. believable... seriously... and just to add insult to injury with my luck... I did get one... 1 min before the server down.... and yep... that's right... log back in and NO ankh pillow... go back to the tree get a new gift... stupid Honesty pillow.

I have no idea why the RNG hates me so bad... but my guess is I am not meant to have one. But my OCD tells me I must keep trying... so on to Trinsic... round three with tons of characters... if I don't get one in Triny..... ugh...
Thinking of the amount of crap I'm generating trying to get one is insane...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah pretty much knew that :) I was wondering for example was there any chance of a drop on say a "Charlie Brown" tree? Or is a tree with bulbs had a better % chance than a Charlie Brown tree? Thought maybe someone might have gotten a drop of an uncompleted tree to give us a better idea.
Here's the way the morning went for me:

Vesper Legends, 20 chars, each turned in 3 small bods, charlie brown tree, only 1 gift rec'd
Atlantic: 20 chars, each turned in 3 small bods, large tree no deco, no gift at all

So must just be RNG thing or else turned waaaaay down

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Vesper Legends, 20 chars, each turned in 3 small bods, charlie brown tree, only 1 gift rec'd
Atlantic: 20 chars, each turned in 3 small bods, large tree no deco, no gift at all

Ohh 3 whole small bods? wow, that must have been hard going....you do know thats like not even 1 banked point right?
Now say everyone else had the same idea as you, then the chance of giving the present is say 20%, and 10 people contributed....worth a gamble with those odds....
now say like Atlantic 1000 people all did the same as you and just gave 3 small bods, thats alot more people for the RNG to work thru so alot more not getting anything.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, snippery and snideness aside, that's all I was going for, was a chance. Wasn't complaining about the payout, didn't really expect much--just saying what it ended up being since Lucky was wondering.

Holding the larges for Skara :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below is how the Vesper trees look as of 9:30 a.m. EST on Friday, December 8th. Unless otherwise noted, the trees have a gift bag now.

FINISHED TREES:
  1. Catskills
  2. Chesapeake
  3. Great Lakes
  4. Hokuto (no bag yet)
  5. Izumo (no bag yet)
  6. Lake Superior
  7. Mugen (in Fel Yew) (this tree is finished)
  8. Sakura (no bag yet)
  9. Sonoma
  10. Yamato (no bag yet)

GIANT TREES WITH ORNAMENTS BUT NO STAR:
  1. Asuka (no bag yet)
  2. Formosa (no bag yet)
  3. Siege Perilous
  4. Wakoku (no bag yet)

GIANT TREES WITH NO ORNAMENTS OR STAR:
  1. Atlantic
  2. Pacific
SMALL TREES:
  1. Mizuho (no bag yet)

CHARLIE BROWN TREES:
  1. Lake Austin
  2. Legends
  3. Napa Valley
  4. Origin

NO TREES:
  1. Arirang (no bag yet)
  2. Baja
  3. Balhae (no bag yet)
  4. Drachenfels
  5. Europa
  6. Oceania
Hokuto has a feast prepared for the crafters (their elf is still accepting BODs):

hokuto artisan festival tree 20171208.JPG

Note: On Drachenfels, the EM has placed lots of decorations in Trinsic. There is a Charlie Brown tree that I'm not sure are just EM-placed decorations or the actual tree to be grown further by dropping finished BODs on the elf:

drachenfels trinsic tree 201712108.JPG

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

I did pretty much the same and got lantern from last year :) But that is interesting there's a shot even on a Charlie Brown tree

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Note: On Drachenfels, the EM has placed lots of decorations in Trinsic. There is a Charlie Brown tree that I'm not sure are just EM-placed decorations or the actual tree to be grown further by dropping finished BODs on the elf:
I don't think an EM would place a tree, that would be confusing and kinda dumb

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are shards that look like they are planning to focus on tree-building in just one or two towns this month:

Baja - Moonglow and Britain
Europa - Trinsic

Does anyone know of any other shards that are focusing on just a couple of towns this month? If yes, might want to add the info to this thread and on your shard forum so people can pitch in to help!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
These are shards that look like they are planning to focus on tree-building in just one or two towns this month:

Baja - Moonglow and Britain
Europa - Trinsic

Does anyone know of any other shards that are focusing on just a couple of towns this month? If yes, might want to add the info to this thread and on your shard forum so people can pitch in to help!
Legends is going to push for Skara mostly because Uriah is threatening everyone ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checked on the Asian shards and have a few changes from the post above:

FINISHED TREES:
  1. Asuka
  2. Catskills
  3. Chesapeake
  4. Great Lakes
  5. Hokuto
  6. Izumo
  7. Lake Superior
  8. Mugen (in Fel Yew)
  9. Sakura
  10. Sonoma
  11. Wakoku
  12. Yamato

1. Formosa
  2. Siege Perilous

1. Atlantic
  2. Mizuho
  3. Pacific
SMALL TREES:

CHARLIE BROWN TREES:
  1. Lake Austin
  2. Legends
  3. Napa Valley
  4. Origin

NO TREES:
  1. Arirang
  2. Baja
  3. Balhae
  4. Drachenfels
  5. Europa
  6. Oceania

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm Europa Trin Tree is big but no ornaments since an hour ago..I turned in 6025 000 000 banking pts and saw it beef up to full size! :cool:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Legends is going to push for Skara mostly because Uriah is threatening everyone ;)
LOL! Wish I had enough to do all the trees, heck Im just a poor boy from a poor family, spare me my...oh wait, got off on a tangent there...yeah it gets expensive bribing up all those useless bods into some worthwhile

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drachenfels will be focusing on the Moonglow tree for a second success.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess Trinsic is in the South. North Carolina would be shut down with this much snow...
View attachment 74922
Trinsic's ground is messed up in general; there's still blade traps in parts of the city that I think date back to Juounar - Which is impressive, since Lake Austin has them, despite not being created until after that event arc, IIRC.

BTW, the northern suburbs of Atlanta got 6-12" of snow yesterday, and it was snowing in Baton Rouge before that. As usual, people panicked, but at least time the carnage was limited.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We got a good one inch...errr, millimeter, here in East Texas :p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Europa tree is now decorated, we just need to all work at getting the star on top! :thumbsup:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's day 2 for the Trinsic trees (I think) and here's what the situation looks like this morning as of about 11:30 a.m. to noon EST:

FINISHED TREES:
  1. Great Lakes
  2. Hokuto
  3. Izumo

1. Chesapeake
  2. Europa
  3. Siege Perilous

1. Sakura
  2. Yamato
SMALL TREES:
  1. Catskills
  2. Lake Austin
  3. Mugen (this tree is in Vesper)
CHARLIE BROWN TREES:
  1. Asuka
  2. Atlantic
  3. Drachenfels
  4. Lake Superior
  5. Mizuho
  6. Pacific
  7. Sonoma
  8. Wakoku
NO TREES:
  1. Arirang
  2. Baja
  3. Balhae
  4. Formosa
  5. Legends
  6. Napa Valley
  7. Oceania
  8. Origin
I was a bit distracted while doing this, so if there are any mistakes, please holler!

Edit: Added note about Mugen working on Vesper tree. They're one city behind everyone else.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
methnks ill just buy a new set this year.....damn well deffo it ruined my xmas last year trying to fill **** loads of bods for **** all rewards .... year deffo buying cheap as last year i hope too

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
methnks ill just buy a new set this year.....damn well deffo it ruined my xmas last year trying to fill **** loads of bods for **** all rewards .... year deffo buying cheap as last year i hope too
there's the "go get'm" attitude we have all come to love and admire in ya!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 3 for the Trinsic trees (Vesper for Mugen) and here's how the trees look this morning around 10:15 a.m. EST:

FINISHED TREES:
  1. Asuka
  2. Great Lakes
  3. Hokuto
  4. Izumo
  5. Sakura

1. Chesapeake
  2. Europa
  3. Siege Perilous
  4. Yamato

1. Catskills
  2. Mizuho
  3. Mugen (Vesper tree)
  4. Wakoku
SMALL TREES:
  1. Atlantic
  2. Lake Austin
  3. Lake Superior
  4. Pacific
CHARLIE BROWN TREES:
  1. Drachenfels
  2. Sonoma
NO TREES:
  1. Arirang
  2. Baja
  3. Balhae
  4. Formosa
  5. Legends
  6. Napa Valley
  7. Oceania
  8. Origin

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Lake Austin is going to go for the tree in Jhelom and maybe an earlier city as well. Awesomeness. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
People aren't really selling them this year. The ones that are selling tend to be pretty pricey for the good stuff. IMHO that would be the chalice sculpture, the skull sculpture and the seemingly elusive heart painting. The ax pillow seems a little scarce. Part of it is because half the gifts we are getting are last years gifts. But it's still early in the game for the most part. You can't even hop on Atlantic and buy the whole set at any price and it would be rather expensive if you could find them all there. With more shards in the game this year maybe it'll all level out in the end.

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi all, Tina is correct lake Austin is going to focus on the city of jeholm. That poor city was neglected last year. All help is welcome we would love to have a completed tree this year.:)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there's the "go get'm" attitude we have all come to love and admire in ya!
Hey whatever .....muahhhaaa... gotta love the little trolls....But i will enjoy xmas this year instead....Thanks...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hey whatever .....muahhhaaa... gotta love the little trolls....But i will enjoy xmas this year instead....Thanks...
you may want to look up 'Troll' in the dictionary little fella.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
xmas 2016 i did maybe 500 runs - lot of xmas time wasted in my eyes ...
3 full sets of coloured boxes plus a heap of left overs to boot
20 plus full sets of 16 gifts..yes they sell well 8-12m a set
yes made me a couple hundred mill...but hell nothing 25 bucks cant buy -thats the sorry state of our beloved game
like i say - gonna enjoy 2017 xmas a whole lot more

in my experiance no gift was any commoner or rarer than the next ...im guessing its just pot luck and some folks like to high ball certain things for there own gain

1234.png

Reactions: Mil