• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discord question

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I looked at the sticky for some guidance and while I get it's a work in progress. I still find myself in a spot. I have a cu with discord, it's roughly 102 and change. I've tried a number of different ways to get gains but either I'm doing it wrong or my pet is at a skill wall that it can't break.

So, how do I get my disco mutt to gain? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
At 102, i would try the Ratmen in abyss , though i expect gains will still be slow.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Khaelor can you explain that method in more detail so I can update it in the sticky? =)

Tell pet to all kill itself, watch for the discord effect then all stop it, the pet can discord itself multiple times, but I had a vollum do it and it got stuck with negative resists and very low skills that didn't revert back! So, watch for it to do it then quickly stop it, done =]

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the ideas.
Khaelor's is one I heard from a friend. I have discord skill on another toon that I can steal for a bit, would that work too? I'll give it a go soon and report back as to how it goes.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Since I had the day off, I finally made it to the slime pit.
After I cast disco on my cu, I let her go crazy on the slimes and it worked! She went from 102.3 to 105.6. So at least for now, this is where I'll train the disco cu.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell pet to all kill itself, watch for the discord effect then all stop it, the pet can discord itself multiple times, but I had a vollum do it and it got stuck with negative resists and very low skills that didn't revert back! So, watch for it to do it then quickly stop it, done =]
A GM fixed one on LS like that one. He had to re bond it. But it worked.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In EC, I've been seeing ever so often "Zzzzzz" coming from some of the mob. Any idea what is causing this? A friend is saying disco but thought I'd ask here, as I really don't know.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In EC, I've been seeing ever so often "Zzzzzz" coming from some of the mob. Any idea what is causing this? A friend is saying disco but thought I'd ask here, as I really don't know.
Mysticism sleep spell or someone gave it a Horn of Plenty.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like sleep or mass sleep. Is there a mystic in the area?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was thinking sleep from the mysticism spell list too, considering it only hits one slime. But the problem is, I'm either there alone or there is an afk thrower at the acid slugs. So I'm at a loss as to what that is.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just tried again. With no one around, I saw the "Zzzzz" a few times. So my disco cu is doing it. Not saw it happen with slimes but also saw it happen to a kaz in hiryu forest. This really has me wondering. If it helps, I see this effect in EC.