• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Players

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’m the spirit of the many returning players posts I’ve been seeing, I am offering any new and returning players free startup kits. Basic suits to help make training easier that can take a beating while hunting so they can get a foothold. Unfortunately almost all of my stuff is on Drachenfels, so I will be making arrangements where possible to ship to other shards when the opportunities arise.

If anyone is interested in helping make these arrangements to their shard to help distribute these, I will gladly accept the assistance. All I ask is that these do not end up on vendors. Greed is a huge reason many of these people quit.

Trying to find means to transfer to the following shards as soon as possible.
Atlantic
Lake Superior.
Europa
Pacific
Great Lakes

All will contain as follows:
Basic training suits (mods will depend on template and availability)
500 Enhanced Bandis
50 Trinsic Petals
25 orange petals
3 of each type of repair deed
A book with my icq # for any questions and reference links
A full set of full spell books.
A runic atlas/3 ru ebooks (per availability)

If anyone wants to join me in this effort I’d appreciate it. I’ve already helped out 7 returning people on my shard, and with as many people as I’ve seen post on here for help, it’s something I can give back to the community that helped me when I returned 2 years ago.
Plus, it will free up some of my lockdowns
:grin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What an awesome idea! On Europa we have a daily meeting at West Brit bank, 6pm UK time, to help new and returning players, help given and questions answered, there are a few people who go to other shards regularly. Look for Molly Foxglove on Europa, she runs the New Player House and gives suits, spellbooks etc to those in need! Also you could contact @Minerva Foxglove or @Petra Fyde on this forum, I'm sure they could help you further. :thumbsup:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This great that you are offering this. I run the player center on lake Austin so have noticed how busy it has become. How do you get the word out? My kits are similar but had not thought about adding petals or repair deeds. Great idea ☺ . I love to have more information about the mods you put on the training sets.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see you Tamais, still going on. I was at your place some years back and it was really good and well organised. Mine is simpler but thats how I lasted for atleast 15 years now, and we have this bank meet with our guild alliance people with all sorts of experience helping out.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It all depends on availability. I have more stuff for casters than for dexxers but I will put together what I can. For a long time i was a vacuum looter and just sucked it all up because I needed cleanup points and now I have so much decent starting armor it’s crazy.
Also, I do have means to move stuff to Atlantic more, so it’ll be easier to move from atl than from df. I’m at work right now so I will post more information soon as I get home

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If any of the veterans who enjoy helping new/returning players and are knowledgeable are willing to post their ICQ numbers here, I’d be able to write them in the books before I scribe them over (saves a lot of typing)

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
And for the jerk who sent me a message on ICQ to quit trying to scam donations off people. This is my response. I’m not. I’m not one of the greedy that have torn this game apart. I help everyone that needs it because there was a time I relied on that help.
Also, here are some pics.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
More pics. Breakdown of what the kits will contain. Currently have 4 almost completed. Just takes a while hunting through all the boxes. Each bag in front of a mannequin is a kit, the armor on the mannequin goes in it as well.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awesome.

Now if someone would only do this on off shards too, I bet some vet players have a tough time getting going on some off shards where nothing is for sale, lol.
I have limited means of transporting. Occasionally can hit Chessy, Atlantic, Europa, and origin. If anyone has means to distribute from there, by all means.

I make these in my spare time because of my vapid insomnia.
And remember I do this for free.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have means of transporting things if someone wanted to send some supplies somewhere... I have shields to all shard save of course Siege and Mugen.

Willing to transport stuff just don't use ICQ but maybe once in a blue moon... but people are free to PM me here and get my discord ID to add me to your friends list there...

However I only have housing on GLs...

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have means of transporting things if someone wanted to send some supplies somewhere... I have shields to all shard save of course Siege and Mugen.

Willing to transport stuff just don't use ICQ but maybe once in a blue moon... but people are free to PM me here and get my discord ID to add me to your friends list there...

However I only have housing on GLs...
Awesome! Right now my playing time is a bit strapped due to work but here soon I’m on vacation and I’ll be able to pump a lot of these out.
@Mal, what’s your home shard may I ask?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Awesome! Right now my playing time is a bit strapped due to work but here soon I’m on vacation and I’ll be able to pump a lot of these out.
@Mal, what’s your home shard may I ask?

Great Lakes. I don't like to commit to a whole lot since I work nights on the weekends it's sometimes hard to catch people at 2 or 3 am... but I see you are on... So yeah Storage at my places is limited... but supplies I do have often hand out stuff to new and returning players when I run into them. Everything from LRC beginner suits to weapons and training idea's... there is no skill in the game I haven't worked to GM/120 at least once... some dozens of times.

One suggestion I have is to give them a runebook with runes to some of the local hot spots... Like on GL's it's nice to have runes to the Nameless Rune Library or Silverwood. Nameless Rune offers public runes to many of the current activities as well as has the jawbone, Eodon Crystal and both the crystal portals as well as a full set of public dye tubs... things like that which are unique to a shard and helpful are pretty helpful to new or returning players...

Something else would be a contact of people who are knowledgeable on each shard.

Great Lakes also has a public Discord for GLs players... you can PM me for a link if someone wants to join I can get them in.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What server are they on.
The ones I have made are all on Drachenfels atm. I’m seeing if I can get in contact with Merlin as a liaison for Atlantic. I have plenty for Europa. If you all can reach out to those you know that’d be great. Ige played the game for 12 years but only got on Stratics last year ‍♂

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The ones I have made are all on Drachenfels atm. I’m seeing if I can get in contact with Merlin as a liaison for Atlantic. I have plenty for Europa. If you all can reach out to those you know that’d be great. Ige played the game for 12 years but only got on Stratics last year ‍♂

Welcome to the bin... j/k there are a lot of really great people on Stratics... and tons of useful information...

I've played since 2000-2001... somewhere in there. Been on Stratics about that long... I think 2002 or 3... or something hard to remember that long ago.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Welcome to the bin... j/k there are a lot of really great people on Stratics... and tons of useful information...

I've played since 2000-2001... somewhere in there. Been on Stratics about that long... I think 2002 or 3... or something hard to remember that long ago.
I’m trying to spam out a bit. I’m from Germany and have many German friends, but currently live in the US. So it’s hard to play with them with my work schedule. And I don’t care the most for Atlantic with the way the economy is there

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's hard for me to spend time with folk since I sleep much of the day and work every weekend. I'm not around as much as I used to be so I can relate... I am always on GLs though I have some characters on several shards.

I don't go to Atl much if ever. And yes I'm at work currently...

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm willing to visit other shards with newbie characters as a means of mentoring the new or returning. I just can't afford transfer tokens. I'm quite bored of playing my crafters and tamer and mages on Atlantic. Plus the many server crashes have given me reason to uproot myself.

Over the last few years I haven't been able to afford to sub my main account so I was making trial accounts to socialize. Everyone gives me something but never stops to teach me the intricacies of the game. Even when I explain that I'm not going to pay for the trial to be made into a monthly thing, they still give me stuff.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't use ICQ? Cmon, get with the times grandma!
As I explained in another thread I quit using ICQ when it started to demand I put in my Phone # everytime I wanted to add a new contact. I refuse to give the russians my phone #... so no... don't use it moved on to better programs...

I use Discord now far more "with the times" than ole ICQ.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And for the jerk who sent me a message on ICQ to quit trying to scam donations off people.
That is pathetic. I can transfer to ATL and take stuff to LS for you. But you would have to hold it on LS. I have no space.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That is pathetic. I can transfer to ATL and take stuff to LS for you. But you would have to hold it on LS. I have no space.
I can hold on all shards! Just don’t have the means of transporting so I would appreciate it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A word of caution in investing time and resources in your new best friends. They often dissapear quickly and don't share the same passion for the game as you.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So........
*dramatically rubs hands together*

I got not one, not two, but three flats on my car the same week I had to buy more game time cards, and now I’m broke. So the account I had all my goody bags on is turned off for a few (rent and car insurance come out of the next paycheck).
So, shoot me a PM on here to coordinate all these out as soon as I can get the light back on, but until then, I’m going to go collect more pieces for these suits.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m the spirit of the many returning players posts I’ve been seeing, I am offering any new and returning players free startup kits. Basic suits to help make training easier that can take a beating while hunting so they can get a foothold. Unfortunately almost all of my stuff is on Drachenfels, so I will be making arrangements where possible to ship to other shards when the opportunities arise.

If anyone is interested in helping make these arrangements to their shard to help distribute these, I will gladly accept the assistance. All I ask is that these do not end up on vendors. Greed is a huge reason many of these people quit.

Trying to find means to transfer to the following shards as soon as possible.
Atlantic
Lake Superior.
Europa
Pacific
Great Lakes

All will contain as follows:
Basic training suits (mods will depend on template and availability)
500 Enhanced Bandis
50 Trinsic Petals
25 orange petals
3 of each type of repair deed
A book with my icq # for any questions and reference links
A full set of full spell books.
A runic atlas/3 ru ebooks (per availability)

If anyone wants to join me in this effort I’d appreciate it. I’ve already helped out 7 returning people on my shard, and with as many people as I’ve seen post on here for help, it’s something I can give back to the community that helped me when I returned 2 years ago.
Plus, it will free up some of my lockdowns
:grin:

Nice community spirit! Well done! :D

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A word of caution in investing time and resources in your new best friends. They often dissapear quickly and don't share the same passion for the game as you.
Or sometimes they become contributing members of the community. Have seen several of these the past few months. The most you are out is a little of time and some armor you probably had no use for.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wowsers. That would have been super helpful! I have not been given, nor have I asked for, anything. That's a lie, I have asked for information and opinions. That went over really well here when I asked. Not so much on ATL. Mostly I just get rudeness and told to quit again. Oh Wells. Such is game.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic I've set up a little dorm for returning and new players. You can have your own lockable container and take the key with you. There's also str & dex training gym to build those stats. Same place as my shop. :D The house was a surprise gift.

Attachments

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On Atlantic i used to help new and returning players all the time. Until one player who had been banned started making a new account every week to troll people on the help channel. In theory this is great but one jerk can ruin all your hard work. Or at least make you waste your time equipping his newbies every week or so just so he can troll people. I'm done...

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’m trying coordinate “distributors”. Like Mal On GL and so on. I’ll leave it up their discretion and judgement. I prefer people who have been playing for a long time as they tend to have better judgement. The suits I’m putting together would only sell for like 300k tops because mostly comprised of greater/major artifact pieces. I just have so many because I run a lot of accounts. All said and done each kit is worth maybe a mil tops. I don’t have the screenshots currently but I have a huge petal and bandage farm and I’m at the point with hundreds of thousands of petals, and millions of bandages. For me, I’d rather they get some use then sit and collect virtual dust in my storage.

Trithemius

Visitor
Hi All, I started playing UO in 1997 through to 2005 haven't touched it since then however i'm contemplating coming back, I was on Catskills but i'm based in the UK is Europa still the best shard for me, also i know i have so money stashed away are there any places for houses left... that was always the fun game

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa is a good choice! far from that much players as you remember , but that goes for all shards. House space yes. 18x18 is no prob if you look around. Great community , meet and greet for new and returning players at brit bank every evening, 6 to 7 your time. We help ppl to catch up and can even offer a room in a castle for free while you settle. We have pvp guilds active. Traders have a tough time, Atl has become a hub for trading , hard to find some high end items elsewhere. But normal stuff can be found on vendors. Many trustworthy players here can transfer stuff and gold from other shards for you. Welcome here to check us out!;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes! Europa is a friendly shard with helpful people and a few really well-stocked shops, I can usually find all I need with vendor search. There are quite a few house spots too, even Keep size if you look around a bit. Come visit us at the bank meet, Europa is lovely you won't want to leave :D

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Small shard we are (Sonoma) but we are willing to assist any new or returning player there. If you need an LRC suit (training suit) and a FULL spellbook, as well as rune books for a character there, feel free to call on me to help, my icq number is 100148883. Or you can PM here or contact me at the PAS website.