• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Named Skeleton's?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This was turned on the 14 from Dev's Post. Been making the rounds at the graveyards and still have not seen any(died a half dozen times just in case), Can anyone confirm that this is in fact turned on?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They said it would be extended until November 14th.

Publish 98.2 Coming Next Week

Posted on October 13, 2017 by UO Dev Team
Greetings,
We would like to update you on our publish schedule for the remaining content in Publish 98. We are currently targeting next week to publish the following to all shards,
  • Available today – the Undead Wedding tophat and veil bundle in the Ultima Store
    • These items can be equipped to turn your character a ghostly hue!
  • Fix for Treasures of Halloween on those shards impacted by the spawning issue. All shards will have the Treasures of Halloween extended through November 14th, 2017.
  • Activation of the graveyard skeletons. Skeletons will be active through November 14th, 2017.
  • Extension of Trick or Treating through November 14th, 2017.
  • 2017 Veteran Rewards.
Thank you for your patience while we addressed these issues, we will update as we progress towards world wide release.
Also, our next Dev Meet & Greet will be on Monday, October 16th, 2017 at 7pm ET on Catskills.
See you in Britannia,
UO Team

Things currently available? The Undead Wedding set.

The other stuff? What Dot said....I would assume mid-week as the Meet and Greet is tomorrow.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said it would be extended until November 14th.
Then why not extend from the date it is working? Ill be done dying in Sorc Dungeon if they dont hurry.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They really just should have added a veil and a top hat without the ridiculous undead crap attached...you know, like what was actually asked for.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is only half the chest that comes with the hat and veil usable ?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Go back to treasures of Doom or of KOTL next year, pretty pretty please with sugar on top.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why is only half the chest that comes with the hat and veil usable ?
The base of the Obelisk is the same way...it's very annoying.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah everything stacks up in one corner of the obelisk, annoying as crap. Drop stuff in it, open it up, and it looks like a vendor that was stocked with the EC

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go back to treasures of Doom or of KOTL next year, pretty pretty please with sugar on top.

I will second this, even tho I am scoring drops, it isn't fun like the first two were, not at all

ManInBlack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I really loved the Doom treasures (I think I did, lol), and Treasures of Tokuno... I know maybe not anyone's favorites, but they were fun for an aging UO'er of about 18 years.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I really loved the Doom treasures (I think I did, lol), and Treasures of Tokuno... I know maybe not anyone's favorites, but they were fun for an aging UO'er of about 18 years.
I guess smaller shards are doing fine..either that or we have people that work together and aren't greedy.

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They edited the post, it did allude to bones over the weekend... at least it will get turned on.

read and re-read then posted "Sweet bones", like the third post down in the original pub notice.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, the publish in going in with tonight's maintenance cycle, which means bones in the morning.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can anyone confirmed if these are on now with the new publish

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Haven't checked that but I did check out the Koi Ponds... Wow! I don't know what they look like in the CC but in the EC they are pretty neat...

Oh and I have to say @Bleak, @Kyronix, @Mesanna and team... THANK YOU for finally listening and doing these ponds right.... it's nice that I can claim one Koi Pond deed and be able to use it again and again and change the sizes and not be stuck with one choice and have to claim 3 Ponds to get them all! I really seriously appreciate this!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed on ATL. There are dozens of "Kimonos Friend" skeletons all over. They must have been the first to die at server up.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done 20 named skeletal knights on LS. Not a one had bones on them. I'll just keep grinding!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*Update*
Number 21 produced bones!
Can I just ask what the actual issue is with making something 100% drop rate or near that? Why do I have to play an hour for every thing. Even grinding up some mats on vendors takes a lot of time.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's awesome that they've given us more time to not receive any named ones. Well done. **Pom Poms**

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Instant gratification...good lord :/

Put some work into the things you want, not everything is handed to you.

I've killed roughly 14 of my named knights...various names too...from just Larisa to the Trustworthy Larisa..Maharia Baronetess of Yew..no bones yet but cool names!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> I guess smaller shards are doing fine..
Um, no. A paragon nightmare fairy can persist more than 12 hours and no one wants to be anywhere near it until there is a large enough group to fight it, which takes a while because no one wants to be anywhere near it. A small group can't put a dent in it because it has hp regeneration up the yin-yang and out the wazoo.

Your armor fell off? You're calmed and can't do anything useful? Well, you should 'a' been a female non-spellcaster then, right? That's some breakfastburritoing bad design there, Mr. K. Give it a fix, wouldja, hon', and while you're at it, please revert Doom gauntlet so all my friends can have fun and not just a pair of cross-healing whirlwinders.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've killed roughly 14 of my named knights...various names too...from just Larisa to the Trustworthy Larisa..Maharia Baronetess of Yew..no bones yet but cool names!
I'd personally rather that odds of a skeleton appearing be low, and drop rate high than the inverse. After you kill like 100 of these things it's just a slog.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

There should be a middle ground. Any game requiring multiple hours of play a day is going to fail. Gamers just don't like playing this way anymore. A lot of us are older now and have more important things to do.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There should be a middle ground. Any game requiring multiple hours of play a day is going to fail. Gamers just don't like playing this way anymore. A lot of us are older now and have more important things to do.
Totally agree !

Also with all of the other Halloween content going on it’s far to much of a grind

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone find any cool colors? I got one colored in the new art which looks coppery/bronze. I'm not really interested in the new art, so hopefully the new colors come in the old bones.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  • No colors yet but I got named bones after just killing self once...Maybe cause it was soon after server came back up.
Starting a bone trading post at FCB on Great Lakes

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  • No colors yet but I got named bones after just killing self once...Maybe cause it was soon after server came back up.
Starting a bone trading post at FCB on Great Lakes
There is one already outside Luna done by GTO...

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic we have someone who must have a dozen characters named exactly the same spawning one name over and over and over and over.......

It is a pretty crappy way of greifing in my and others opinion. I have literally killed on toon 500 times and only got his skelly to spawn 2 times that I can see. The graveyards are filled with 3 to 10 of this other name and when they die, they spawn the name right back. Id this how it was intended?

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Confirmed on ATL. There are dozens of "Kimonos Friend" skeletons all over. They must have been the first to die at server up.
they are a untrained character (skills in the 30s) that looks like they are purposely dying to get skeletons to pop up. (checked on myuo.com)

So, with this said, its my understanding then, you must die ALOT to get a skeleton to pop up in your name. I tried dying 20 times. and nothing.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I accidentally died on my governor character ONE time and her skeleton popped up and someone got her bones...

So die a little or die a lot....makes no matter....but the MORE you die, the more skeletons you'll spawn.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How dare you say that !!! Don't you realize that drops rates are fine when you can grind all day and night without adult duties. Don't we all have all day and night to play uo ? /sarcasm

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How dare you say that !!! Don't you realize that drops rates are fine when you can grind all day and night without adult duties. Don't we all have all day and night to play uo ? /sarcasm
I played for about 2 hours last night...

Boness.jpg

And I got several of other peoples bones too....you don't have to be on 24/7

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I went around for an hour or so twice early this morning, hunting for the skeletons of my character and my friends (who, like me, were dying like crazy in Terort Skitas - damn para headless elf).

You need to kill both named and unnamed Bone/Skeletal knights.

The ones with Character Names have the new skeletons
The unnamed ones have the classic skeletons from previous years (including being colored)

Killing either appears to allow another (that may or may not be "named") to spawn, provided that there's been enough death - but it takes a while. The first round, some of the cemetaries had people's skeletons that hadn't died in hours (and in some cases, logged out for hours). A few hours later, the replacements were all of people that were still on.

The undead co-spawn from the Butchers can confuse things (there are non-event knights mixed in), and the Trammel City of the Dead area still has a mix of normal and event knights.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You're going to say that you don't have to play this game excessively to get items with a straight face Larisa? :eyes:
I have little time to play....2 kids with Autism, single Mom, AND my mom just had hip replacement surgery so I have to play nurse... I'm a very busy lady! I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes because I am here a LOT!!

I managed (With help of someone giving me 2 staffs of Kalen) to get 2 full obelisks, got the other stuff on my own...9 of my OWN bones not to mention a few other peoples, the jawbone and I am almost at enough to get Jack's Bag, just need 5 more drops! Haven't gotten the scarecrow from ToT yet :( Got both new pumpkins with lots to spare...

So yes...with a straight face I am saying that if you play a few hours here and there you can still get everything...I have :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Killing either appears to allow another (that may or may not be "named") to spawn, provided that there's been enough death -
I just got a named skeleton from a Bone Knight that was extra strong and fast. I think thats what you just said.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones with Character Names have the new skeletons
The unnamed ones have the classic skeletons from previous years (including being colored)
I'm fairly sure my experience has yielded both styles from named and unnamed, but I'll have to pay closer attention to say 100%

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm fairly sure my experience has yielded both styles from named and unnamed, but I'll have to pay closer attention to say 100%
I get new style and old from an un named.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
> I guess smaller shards are doing fine..
Um, no. A paragon nightmare fairy can persist more than 12 hours and no one wants to be anywhere near it until there is a large enough group to fight it, which takes a while because no one wants to be anywhere near it. A small group can't put a dent in it because it has hp regeneration up the yin-yang and out the wazoo.

Your armor fell off? You're calmed and can't do anything useful? Well, you should 'a' been a female non-spellcaster then, right? That's some breakfastburritoing bad design there, Mr. K. Give it a fix, wouldja, hon', and while you're at it, please revert Doom gauntlet so all my friends can have fun and not just a pair of cross-healing whirlwinders.
Ya that Paragon witch needs her wings clipped. I hate when it spawns a paragon on Sonoma, far to few people around, and when we do get enough people there takes forever to still kill the dang thing.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have little time to play....2 kids with Autism, single Mom, AND my mom just had hip replacement surgery so I have to play nurse... I'm a very busy lady! I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes because I am here a LOT!!

I managed (With help of someone giving me 2 staffs of Kalen) to get 2 full obelisks, got the other stuff on my own...9 of my OWN bones not to mention a few other peoples, the jawbone and I am almost at enough to get Jack's Bag, just need 5 more drops! Haven't gotten the scarecrow from ToT yet :( Got both new pumpkins with lots to spare...

So yes...with a straight face I am saying that if you play a few hours here and there you can still get everything...I have :)
Having an autistic son myself I can certainly relate, but I will admit you give off a vibe that says you're in game more than you're out. I'm going to assume that's been a misconception on my part. ;-)