• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which rare/legendary armour parts, weapons, etc. have +20 Magery?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have a tamer:

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Music
120 Peace
100 Magery
20 Chivalry, because why not?

I'd really like to get 120 Provocation or Discordance but to do so Magery has to go. I need Magery for traveling, portals, marking runes, healing myself, etc.

Is there any chance I can get 100 Magery exclusively from items like armour, weapons, shields, jewelry, etc?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are spellbooks with +15 magery, that are event items. (I believe the max for crafted books is a couple points lower)

There are bracelets and rings with +20, but finding a useful one for your template would be hard. Best easy ones are the Crystalline ring from prism or the ring from last year's halloween event, which can now be crafted by using a different piece of jewelry that's a doom drop. It's like a crystalline ring with an additional property.

There's the Treatise on Alchemy talisman that has +5 magery.

That is +60, so far.

I believe there's a Mark of Travesty that will give you +10 magery and another skill, but again, that's a hard thing to find and harder to get it to work with your suit.

Non-magery options.

If you are an elf and can work it into your suit, you could lower natural music to 110 and add Song Woven Mantle, to get 10 more skill points.

This combination would get you 80 skill points to work with (100 with the 20 in Chiv) You'd still have to go with another 20 points of skills on jewelry or other items to get the last bard skill to 120 (as music and magery are in the same skill group). Suggest you take them from Vet, and put real skill into the bard skill.

My personal skills on a very similar template are
120 Provo (real)
120 Music (110 real, +10 on SWM)
120 Disco or Peace (swapped as needed) - (105 real, +15 on looted bracelet)
120 Taming (115 real, +5 from Talisman from Britain Library)
120 Lore (104 real, +11 from imbued ring, +5 from Talisman)
120 Vet (105 real, +15 from imbued ring)
106 Magery (61 real, +15 book, +15 imbued ring, +15 looted bracelet)
(+15 wrestling on the bracelet as well, but not all that useful, and a pain when trying to tame a pet that angers)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
There are spellbooks with +15 magery, that are event items. (I believe the max for crafted books is a couple points lower)

There are bracelets and rings with +20, but finding a useful one for your template would be hard. Best easy ones are the Crystalline ring from prism or the ring from last year's halloween event, which can now be crafted by using a different piece of jewelry that's a doom drop. It's like a crystalline ring with an additional property.

There's the Treatise on Alchemy talisman that has +5 magery.

That is +60, so far.

I believe there's a Mark of Travesty that will give you +10 magery and another skill, but again, that's a hard thing to find and harder to get it to work with your suit.

Non-magery options.

If you are an elf and can work it into your suit, you could lower natural music to 110 and add Song Woven Mantle, to get 10 more skill points.

This combination would get you 80 skill points to work with (100 with the 20 in Chiv) You'd still have to go with another 20 points of skills on jewelry or other items to get the last bard skill to 120 (as music and magery are in the same skill group). Suggest you take them from Vet, and put real skill into the bard skill.

My personal skills on a very similar template are
120 Provo (real)
120 Music (110 real, +10 on SWM)
120 Disco or Peace (swapped as needed) - (105 real, +15 on looted bracelet)
120 Taming (115 real, +5 from Talisman from Britain Library)
120 Lore (104 real, +11 from imbued ring, +5 from Talisman)
120 Vet (105 real, +15 from imbued ring)
106 Magery (61 real, +15 book, +15 imbued ring, +15 looted bracelet)
(+15 wrestling on the bracelet as well, but not all that useful, and a pain when trying to tame a pet that angers)
Wow that's quite the answer, thanks.
I have a better idea of what I need now.

I wouldn't expect it to be easy, but I guess this will take time.

Thought there were more items that gave out Magery skill points though.

What's the minimum Magery that I need, considering what I need it for?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would drop vet a bit lower myself. I run 90 vet. I do carry jewels in my backpack to bump it to 120 for help when I have to res a pet.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the minimum Magery that I need, considering what I need it for?
It depends on if you are okay failing in casting. You say portal, so I am assuming you mean Gate Travel (7th circle)... that requires 106 skill to cast without failure. If you are okay with failing, you can go a bit below that... say 92, which would give you Mark (6th circle) without failing and about a 62% chance to cast Gate.