• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My template - is it still viable?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I see there were many changes with the Doom revamp and warriors had, apparently, some changes too.
Anyway I wanted to know if my template is still viable or not anymore.

You can find my old discussion HERE, where I pretty much ask the same question almost 2 years ago.

Long story short, it's a PvM template from @CorwinXX guide named "5.3.1. Classic warrior".

I am aiming for:
Chivalry 95
Anatomy 120
Healing 120 (I'd like to keep this and not go Sampire)
Parrying 60 (with jewelry for the blocking...problem is as I understand for it to work you need 2 handed weapon and I'm always using a shield for extra mods...)
Swordsmanship 120
Tactics 100 (maybe 110 with jewelry - should I get it to 120 real skill? and get 60 Parry with Jewelry?)
Bushido 120

Since last time I got many PowerScrolls which I already ate for this very template.
So basically I need to know if this still works or if it's been nerfed?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your issue is with the shield. If your going to use the shield either drop parry or Bushido. Then use the remaining points to beef up your other skills.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Your issue is with the shield. If your going to use the shield either drop parry or Bushido. Then use the remaining points to beef up your other skills.
The idea wasn't to use a shield.
As I recall from @CorwinXX guide (no longer available for some reason? Error?) I needed 60 in Parry with 120 Bushido for the character to be able to block with a 2H weapon which is what I'm aiming for at the moment.
Maybe things changed a lot recently and his template is no longer viable?

Last edited:

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have similar setup and still viable. Except that Doom nerf AI on some bosses. DF can still use AI but some use DS onslaught. Blood oath still needs to be careful. Room 2 of the gauntlet needs to be careful of the play dead and sudden poison Attack that kills instantly if you are half life, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have similar setup and still viable. Except that Doom nerf AI on some bosses. DF can still use AI but some use DS onslaught. Blood oath still needs to be careful. Room 2 of the gauntlet needs to be careful of the play dead and sudden poison Attack that kills instantly if you are half life, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How different is your template from mine?
I'm glad to know it's still viable :)