• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Builds

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What build are you currently running, why and how is it working out for you?

My spec on my combat character is:
Great Frost Staff 6.1 (great for crowd control and good area DPS with frost bomb and hail)
Cleric Cowl 6.2 (for ice block ... allows me to turtle up in a bad situation)
Mage Robe 6.2 (using frost shield for increased resistances if targeted and cloth damage bonus)
Knight Boots 6.2 (for shield charge ... protection for me and the team as well as a gap closer if needed)

Also 6.1 in Great Curse Staff and I swap this out for my frost staff in PvE as it has excellent single target damage. Great in PvP too for the curse stack and heal debuff on E)

Usually a heal potion in the potion slot for emergencies (mana isnt usually a problem as I get regen from the staves passive during normal attack) and pork omelette as food for the cast bonuses.

For my gatherer:
Battle Axe 5.1 (decent damage to take mobs down efficiently and also a great heal on the E)
Mage Cowl 5.1 (for poison ... brings mobs down quicker so less time fighting and more gathering)
Mercenary Jacket 5.1 (for bloodlust .. fantastic health regen on E means survivability)
Knight Boots 5.1 (for shield charge ... protection as well as a gap closer if needed)

Not working up the combat skills on this one at all as I just progress passively whilst out hunting. All the LP go to harvesting and refining skills.

This is also a fantastic duelling build as it has a lot of self sustainability and you can survive a long time 1v1

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm running archer with T6 mage cowl, assassin jacket, assassin shoes with a warbow.

I'm also working up double bladed staff to give that a try.

As for gathering I'm T5 in everything and tend to just wear the same stuff as my archer build.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stalker helmet/Soldier Helmet 6.1/2, Assassin Jacket 6.1/2, and Assassin boots 6.1/2, Although Ive been advised to change the boots for Soldier boots and then carry the Stalker all the time.

Basically the soldier Helmet I use for the 2Sec shield when things get messy and the run of the boots.
If I start using the Stalker helmet, then I increase my damage burst output but if I am focused, then I rely heavily on the mages to counter act the debuffs and keep me alive.
Got to point out I am 80% of the time in a group 3-4 people so we try to find builds that help each other and so we can beat anything we can find, or be able to escape if heavily outnumbered.

I am already T6 Daggers and nearly T6 swords, going to work them to Tier 7 and then start some other weapon class, Probably the spear before it gets a nerf or axe.

For gathering unless I am in newbie area getting the lower tier stuff I wont bother using the gathering gear, I prefer going to BZ with my normal gear although the gathering gear gives me more HP.