• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Abilities And Move Order

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I am trying to train a fire beetle to 5 slot.
I have the following question:
How many Area Effect Abilities, Special Move, Special Abilities and Magical Abilities can I add?
Can I have 1 of each and in what order?
Example:
Explosive Goo , Armor Ignore, Mortal Strike, Poisoning and Rune Corruption in that order?
Or
Armor Ignore, Angry Fire, Rune Corruption and Poisoning in that order?

Abit lost on what to add first and dun want to make an mistake.
Anyone can advise?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Goo, AI, Rune Corruption, then magic.

A giant Beetle cant get an area special anymore. Try mortal on that.

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about Fire Beetle?
I started adding Armor Ignore, Planning to add mortal strike second then follow by Rune Corruption then Magic (which is posioning)
But I saw this which make me confuse as it stated Rune Corruption must be last?
upload_2017-8-21_10-58-34.png

So Rune Corruption first Or Magical Abilities first?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh no. Add Goo, AI , Rune corruption. In that order. Then poison if you want. I dont use on mine.

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what did you choose for your beetle and why you choose those skill?
if you may share and thank you for your kind reply. :)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ahh.. I see what happen.. good evening Taka, pleasure to meet you... The site must of read my report on the sealing bug... that is linked to RC.... where as if you add it, it removes the option for aoe moves, special moves, and magical moves...and some get magicial moves and schools mixed up... its an easy mistake to make.. it removes the option for things in the magical moves list.. but not the option for magicail schools like poison.... sadly there is another bug.. where if you add a magicail school like poison, magery, bush, etc.. it counts it as your three move limit.. so you always want to add your moves first.. then the school of magic last... or it will remove the option of an extra move from said pet..I believe that is what its saying.... I hope this helped.. should ya have anymore questions feel free to post or message me anytime.. =^-^=.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what did you choose for your beetle and why you choose those skill?
if you may share and thank you for your kind reply. :)
The Goo, AI and rune corruption. I figured that was enough for the fire beetle.

For a Giant Beetle: AI , rune corruption, poison.

I wasnt impressed with poison on the beetle.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why goo especially for Fire Beetle? Does it have more strength coming from Fire Beetle? Thanbks..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why goo especially for Fire Beetle? Does it have more strength coming from Fire Beetle? Thanbks..
Beetles have good mana regen. You dont get area abilities on most pets, so I use it on the ones that can get them.

Plus Goo is fire damage. The energy damage is a misprint. I wanted an all fire pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how about Fire Beetle?
I started adding Armor Ignore, Planning to add mortal strike second then follow by Rune Corruption then Magic (which is posioning)
But I saw this which make me confuse as it stated Rune Corruption must be last?
View attachment 70992

So Rune Corruption first Or Magical Abilities first?
We have a problem with that info.

Taming Notes: If you plan to train your beetle in Rune Corruption, make sure to train that LAST. Once Rune Corruption is trained, you will not be able to add any other special moves (such as Armor Ignore).

Thats is correct if you were not planning on choosing a magic skill. But, if you want a magic skill also Choose the magic afterwards!!!!

It is telling you that if you choose rune corruption first, you will not be able to choose a special move like AI. in this case, "last" means after you have chosen a special move.

@BrianFreud Please reword that phrase. Its on the Fire beetle page.

If you want to put GOO, AI, Rune Corruption, and a Magic on this pet. You have to do it in that order. If you try to put RC on last, and put a magic ability on the pet before RC, RC will not be a choice.

Work from the bottom up. Magic choices are last on most pets. You only choose a magic first if you want to get rid of another magic on a few pets.

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Pawain, Thank you for your wonderful help and prompt reply.
I get to work on my Fire Beetle !!!!
Uo is a better place because of the People and community to help newbie like me ;)

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh.. I see what happen.. good evening Taka, pleasure to meet you... The site must of read my report on the sealing bug... that is linked to RC.... where as if you add it, it removes the option for aoe moves, special moves, and magical moves...and some get magicial moves and schools mixed up... its an easy mistake to make.. it removes the option for things in the magical moves list.. but not the option for magicail schools like poison.... sadly there is another bug.. where if you add a magicail school like poison, magery, bush, etc.. it counts it as your three move limit.. so you always want to add your moves first.. then the school of magic last... or it will remove the option of an extra move from said pet..I believe that is what its saying.... I hope this helped.. should ya have anymore questions feel free to post or message me anytime.. =^-^=.
Hello Donavon, I see what you mean. Was so confusing at one moment. I did a mistake early by adding Rune Corruption first and I could not have any special move. That why I went to retame a Fire beetle and train. This time when it trained I want to be very sure that why I asked. Thank you for your kind explanations and time.:)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
We have a problem with that info.

Taming Notes: If you plan to train your beetle in Rune Corruption, make sure to train that LAST. Once Rune Corruption is trained, you will not be able to add any other special moves (such as Armor Ignore).

Thats is correct if you were not planning on choosing a magic skill. But, if you want a magic skill also Choose the magic afterwards!!!!

It is telling you that if you choose rune corruption first, you will not be able to choose a special move like AI. in this case, "last" means after you have chosen a special move.

@BrianFreud Please reword that phrase. Its on the Fire beetle page.

If you want to put GOO, AI, Rune Corruption, and a Magic on this pet. You have to do it in that order. If you try to put RC on last, and put a magic ability on the pet before RC, RC will not be a choice.

Work from the bottom up. Magic choices are last on most pets. You only choose a magic first if you want to get rid of another magic on a few pets.
I'm headed to work, but anyone can edit the wiki; if you think it can be worded better, please feel free! :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Beetles have good mana regen. You dont get area abilities on most pets, so I use it on the ones that can get them.

Plus Goo is fire damage. The energy damage is a misprint. I wanted an all fire pet.
I appreciate this very much! This is a great idea to put similar damages in same pet so you can comparmentalize them for specific tasks, in the case of fire beetle fire damage all the way and also AI + RC buffs to further boos the damage! So for an enemy that is susceptible to fire the combo will be much more effective, esp since fire beetle is 100% fire. Very nice job! Thanks for posting!

Goo, AI, Rune Corruption, then magic.

A giant Beetle cant get an area special anymore. Try mortal on that.
that's what pisses me off about UO. ya have to do more research than getting a 4 year college degree.... I just wasted time training beetle expecting to be able to put an AOE on him but just read here that you can't