• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unusual Items Received From Killing Trade Order Ambushers

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
uhm... I personally find this not so worse that they're still fixing this issue. I have had no time to play UO more intensiv because of a big realife trouble that is still going on - I don't know how long this will take. But I have time now, and I'm happy to do finally a few things I always had on my focus to do in UO - making trader quests was one of this because I like to have these special books by Adamu Edom. Got my first of this today :).

Traders quest are now working well - on my first -could be a lucky break or not - a cart spawned and I got a special item to loot (demonic amulet). The next came out in the more "normel way". But it's really interessting how many burnings carts, that wouldn't disappear are still burning in the landscape - must be a special kind of wood they used to make this carts ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No carts or items on Europa, just the same "Old" ambusher brigands with NO drops.... :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Like I said in the other thread..I just did 3 trades, got 2 drops off the brigands...old spawn. Origin just went down for maint so we'll see after it's back

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said in the other thread..I just did 3 trades, got 2 drops off the brigands...old spawn. Origin just went down for maint so we'll see after it's back
Like i said in the other thread......on Europa, it hasn't worked since they turned it off, EVEN the old ambushers don't carry the "odd items". ;)

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It seems we have the same problem on Siege Perilous... I made many trade runs with many ambush and no drop.. We haven't the book in trinsic bakery :(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Does luck suits help ?

Did not seem to. I ran 3k luck for an hour in Tram and and hour in Fel and never got a single one. Of course the content could have not been active... never heard anyone confirm they snagged one on Atl last night...

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did not seem to. I ran 3k luck for an hour in Tram and and hour in Fel and never got a single one. Of course the content could have not been active... never heard anyone confirm they snagged one on Atl last night...
I tried for 2.5 hours last night on Napa - many, many old ambushers later, 0 items. Ugh. I don't like that kind of ROI. I hope this isn't normal or that anything we get in the first stage isn't necessary to advance through the next ones as at this rate I won't have much to contribute. I'm actually not a rares or deco person so if that's all these items are I can stop looking for them but if they really ARE necessary for the arc then I'll keep working at it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I held off on doing any more of the trade runs until this morning. Just completed two on Balhae--Minoc to Yew and Minoc to New Magincia. No drops. Every spawn had the new graphic and the monsters seemed to be the new type as well, i.e., burning gargoyles, shades, liches, drakes, giant serpents, and brigands wearing different clothing than usual. I also noticed that the graphic of the burning cart seems to spawn well away from your character now.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like i said in the other thread......on Europa, it hasn't worked since they turned it off, EVEN the old ambushers don't carry the "odd items". ;)
Amazing. I wonder why I've now got 2 rolled maps, a boline and a ritual tome, all on Europa this morning.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well good news for me at least. Over my lunch hour I managed to get two of those phylactery thingies, a modified gorget and a demon necklace. All trade crates were recovered and no burning wagons left behind. Looks like they fixed it.

One thing I did notice is the burning wagons are now one large item instead of a construct of tons of little items (i.e. you can't open the chests on the wagon anymore)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One thing I did notice is the burning wagons are now one large item instead of a construct of tons of little items (i.e. you can't open the chests on the wagon anymore)
I can still open them on GL. Not that there is anything in them...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well good news for me at least. Over my lunch hour I managed to get two of those phylactery thingies, a modified gorget and a demon necklace. All trade crates were recovered and no burning wagons left behind. Looks like they fixed it.
Ummm... that many over a lunch hour? What temp are you using? And how much luck.... I get one an hour maybe.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ummm... that many over a lunch hour? What temp are you using? And how much luck.... I get one an hour maybe.
Actually, well, it's really a lunch hour and a half, so a bit of a stretch. I used a Peace Tamer with a Disco CU (bard skills useless tho) with about 1,370 luck. I just do one quest and sit there invis'ed until more spawn appears, kill it, move a few screens away and repeat. Less running that way. ;)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
got an oddly modified gorget, platemail says: the gorget appears to have been modified to fit the neck of a large creature. there are chafe marks scarring the interior showing signs of struggle against it by the wearer. large rings stud the circumference of the gorget. hmm sounds like S and M to me lol.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@BrianFreud

What makes the items listed on the Wiki page unusual hues? I've been looting what I can from Brigands, but I feel I don't really understand what makes them unusual.

For example, I found a normal robe in hue 1345 that isn't listed on the wiki as an unusual hue item; however there are leather items with hue 1345 listed as having an unusual hue. Is hue 1345 not usually possible on leather? Or is anything in that Hue unusual?

Would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@BrianFreud

What makes the items listed on the Wiki page unusual hues? I've been looting what I can from Brigands, but I feel I don't really understand what makes them unusual.

For example, I found a normal robe in hue 1345 that isn't listed on the wiki as an unusual hue item; however there are leather items with hue 1345 listed as having an unusual hue. Is hue 1345 not usually possible on leather? Or is anything in that Hue unusual?

Would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks.
Undyable and never-before spawning colors (other than the pure white cloak, though I've not received one of those from a brigand myself yet). Seems like hue 1345 keeps popping up, but there's also been some other items with hues of note - pretty much anything with a hue over 1001, and which isn't otherwise dyable with a special dye tub.

Edit - just got one of the hue 1150 cloaks from a brigand :p

Last edited:

Vershawn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a hue 2406 cloak
hue 737 robe
hue 1345 robe
hue 2306 robe
dunno if any of those are unusual.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ringmail Tunics: Color 1510
Leather Gloves & sleeves, Gnarled Staff: Color 1345
Bear Mask: Color 2683
And Luna White cloaks.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Undyable and never-before spawning colors (other than the pure white cloak, though I've not received one of those from a brigand myself yet). Seems like hue 1345 keeps popping up, but there's also been some other items with hues of note - pretty much anything with a hue over 1001, and which isn't otherwise dyable with a special dye tub.

Edit - just got one of the hue 1150 cloaks from a brigand :p
Found a hatchet with hue 1345 on an ambusher brigand.
blue hatchet in EC.JPG

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got some cool colored stuff too!

2404 - Plain Dress
1345 - Leather Mempo
2406 - Shadow (Metal) - Skull Cap
1001 - Silver Jin-Baori

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great more stuff to keep. So the white cloak is nothing special I guess.

Vershawn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point I'm more excited to see the brigands spawn for the cloth.
No so much for two firebreathers however.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Updated the list; I'm seeing a lot of the same items as you guys are reporting.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be interesting which char gets which item....*thinking*

I do the quest with my mage/tamer and til now i got 1 prisoned soul (that was before the fix) and til now only as "new items" 4 Demonic Amuletts. Nothing other... which I also find a bit odd......The droprate is oki- Item dropped ca. after 5 - 10 ambushes if you make the long land-way.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Item.
I'm in the game at last!
Europa Felucca.
No burning wagons spotted at all, just ambushers, only going via land.
Done 11 Trade Quests, was getting worried I wouldn't get anything, but knew I would.
Trinsic to Britain Moongate (for the walk to get ambushed) then to Skara.
Gargoyle/Ettin/ 2 Brigands ambush.
I'm on Gargoyle hiding mystic mage, just dropping RC on them and hiding, and doing the Trade Quests on this character.

Boline - a Swordsman Scythe weapon.
It was on the brigand - you wouldn't even have known it was any different.
Got to keep an eye out for that message;
"You spot something curious on a corpse" - it took me awhile to notice it.

upload_2017-8-19_9-9-58.png

upload_2017-8-19_9-9-41.png

A Demonic Amulet - Magery. Traded for this one.

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@TB Cookie [W]
Which char-template makes your trades? Warrior? Mage? Bard? Worker?
Possible to get a pic of this scythe? If you dobbleclick it you'll get an information :)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thx @TB Cookie [W]

But my english must be absoluty worse to understand :D
I have the idea that special or typical template get one special type of the new items - for myself playing mage tamer i have already 4 amulets but nothing else.

So second time i kindly asked: Which template do your trades? :)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx @TB Cookie [W]

But my english must be absoluty worse to understand :D
I have the idea that special or typical template get one special type of the new items - for myself playing mage tamer i have already 4 amulets but nothing else.

So second time i kindly asked: Which template do your trades? :)
I dont think type of character used matters. I like you am using mage tamer and have received Boline, Trapped Soul, and Ritual Tome.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah same I am only using my mage tamer and I have 4 Maps, 2 Trapped Souls, 2 Dried Incense, 2 Boline, 1 Demonic Amulet, 1 Ritual Tome and 1 Scourge

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Nice haul @Larisa. I've been using a mage tamer as well, but so far only 1 phylactery.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's about time the RNG was nice to me! Any time we need or have drops...I don't get many lol. Kotl City?? Me and my friend would go all the time...he still has like almost 200 points..I have 27 :/ ToT? I had a hard time with those too....spawning? Same friend....we'd do like 5-7 despise runs...he ended up with like 20 pinks..me? 1..maybe 2....GRRR lol

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it's about time the RNG was nice to me! Any time we need or have drops...I don't get many lol. Kotl City?? Me and my friend would go all the time...he still has like almost 200 points..I have 27 :/ ToT? I had a hard time with those too....spawning? Same friend....we'd do like 5-7 despise runs...he ended up with like 20 pinks..me? 1..maybe 2....GRRR lol
3rd Item, a duplicate, it's been tough for me.
11 Trade Quests for 1st - Boline.
Traded for 3 Kotl items for 2nd - it helped him make 50 for Jawbone - Demonic Amulet.
15 Trade Quests for 3rd... taken me all morning for that, and a bit last night - Demonic Amulet.

I've now decided, I'm not going to hand in, I think that's how a guildie is doing it who is getting lots.
Now I'm just taking the Trade Quest, and run round Yew forest Fel, see what happens.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes it seems that a lot of people are now just staying on one trade quest and camping the roads. I was doing them properly and I guess it doesn't pay so well, I've done a couple dozen and still on one phylactery...:(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't camp, I don't run in circles..I just take the longest way possible. Did one yesterday from Trinsic to Yew, was ambushed 7 times on the way. Most of my trades I get Ambushed at least 6 times. Finally on 2-Line trade orders so the rewards for turning them in should get better. Not gonna run in circles hoping for a unique item when I can get pinks/resources as well lol.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone gotten more than one unique item per trade quest? And is anyone still having trouble with not getting a chest back after being ambushed? Had that happen last night.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Has anyone gotten more than one unique item per trade quest? And is anyone still having trouble with not getting a chest back after being ambushed? Had that happen last night.
No I am still on my 1 Item per Trade streak....minus 1 :/

So far 6 Trades, 4 last night and 2 today, total of 28 ambushes, 5 items and haven't had an issue getting my order back after the things are dead.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have been keeping track of how/when the ambushers spawn. It seems to me they spawn within a time window as long as you have a trade quest. Seems to be in the 10 minute range or so. So, if you are running from say Brit to Skara you can get there easily at times with no Ambushers spawning. So my advise? Slow down and walk...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I am still on my 1 Item per Trade streak....minus 1 :/

So far 6 Trades, 4 last night and 2 today, total of 28 ambushes, 5 items and haven't had an issue getting my order back after the things are dead.
You've gotten 5 items from 6 trades? I must be doing something seriously wrong. I'm averaging about 1 item per 3 hours of running trades. It's very discouraging. Just finished a Minoc to Skara run/walk and was ambushed 6 times along the way. Nada for drops.

So far I have 2 amulets, 1 goblet, and 1 incense.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do 5 liners and even got the 5th..... Amulet *GRMBL*

If it's really so that the one liners have more "luck" to get the items I'll try tomorrow with a new char. It ... can't .... be .... true !!! :D