• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Shattered Obelisk

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get the paper tomorrow when its turned back on

I'm still not sure what it has to do with the trade orders though other than a "read" about it maybe?
If you read the newspaper it mentions a Trinsic Shop. Visit the shop mentioned amd there is a book on the ground that goes into the trade order story.

Troy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone,

I'm struggling to start the Shattered Obelisk Part 1 quest. Can someone pls tell where to go? :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey everyone,

I'm struggling to start the Shattered Obelisk Part 1 quest. Can someone pls tell where to go? :)
The event is fiction-driven. If you were unable to buy a town cryer, don't fret!
Cryer.jpg
Cryer2.jpg

Read the article and figure out where to go and what to do

Go to the bakery in Trinsic....there's something there of interest

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't buy a paper can't read the article in game.... till tomorrow if it lasts past 20 min again...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can't buy a paper can't read the article in game.... till tomorrow if it lasts past 20 min again...
Which is why I posted the paper so the people who weren't able to get it CAN read it....and yes you can read the content in game if you know where to go...by reading the paper :)

BAkersJ.jpg
nslr.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Which is why I posted the paper so the people who weren't able to get it CAN read it....and yes you can read the content in game if you know where to go...by reading the paper :)

View attachment 70866
View attachment 70867
Which you can't get....

Perhaps if somewhere people had somewhere to go to get current actual news... where they could find out what really IS going on... :eyes:

Something I don't know stickied somewhere where anyone could easily find it.... So people didn't have to Oh I don't know ..... make 45,000 posts about the same thing?

Troy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The event is fiction-driven. If you were unable to buy a town cryer, don't fret!
View attachment 70864
View attachment 70865

Read the article and figure out where to go and what to do

Go to the bakery in Trinsic....there's something there of interest
Thanks guys, I went to the bakery and found a book on the ground. I read the book, and it talks about a protest at the weaponsmiths, and an attack at the butchery. I went to both locations but can't find anything, nor anyone that activates the quest. Neither the town crier nor the city herald are selling newspaper. I'm not sure what to do :(

Troy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Larisa : I think this would be a better pic for reading the King's Paper :) - did a bit overpaint with GIMP
And therefore I have a bit time in the moment I also did this for reading: The Baker's Journal:

View attachment 70873

View attachment 70874
Thanks Mene, I was able to read the journal, but I'm not sure what to do with the info. I went to the butcher, the weaponsmith, looked for a Jeffrey all over town, went to the dock, but haven't found any other clues. Any ideas?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You are awesome Mene, I was going to do that today.....Thank you SO much!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks Mene, I was able to read the journal, but I'm not sure what to do with the info. I went to the butcher, the weaponsmith, looked for a Jeffrey all over town, went to the dock, but haven't found any other clues. Any ideas?
Basically what you're supposed to surmise is that the townspeople aren't happy that they aren't getting their supplies and the news that their trades are being ambushed is causing strife within the realm.....so....being smart Britannians that we are, decide to go have a look see to see what the heck is going on on the trade routes and see if anything can be done.

Basically just do city trades and loot the ambushers, you ~Should~ get a message like this if there's something interesting to find:

Screenshot_18.jpg

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming nobody got any drops on Europa last night from the "old" ambushers?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just did 3 trades before Origin went down...still old spawn, maybe the new ones when server's up again but I did get 2 items...one duplicate (Dried Incense) and one Scourge both off Brigands.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oki found another Journal in Jhelom, Warriors Bounty (Blacksmith)
One in Trinsic, now one in Jhelom... that brings me to the idea that in every traders town we could find such a blue book in one of the shops *thinking*....

upload_2017-8-18_14-25-16.png Blacksmiths Journal.jpg

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK well server has been down on Siege P, twice now. Prior to that I managed to get two items, no carts or anything, but the message and the amulet and dried incense off a gargoyle and a brigand.

Server went down the first time and came back up ran about 10 trade runs to zip zilch nothing.

Went to bed got up, logged in server patched, read that it was 'all fixed', spent about the last 10 hours or so running trade quests for zip zilch nothing. Read forum during this time with people speculating that it had been stopped again, finally @Kyronix dumps a message saying yeah it is off but the old ambushers would still have the items, well NO they don't. After doing nothing else all day I have a total of zip.

Server has gone down again (about 3.5 hrs ago) and back up and again ran another 5 or so quests for zip zilch. Seems the word is 'other' shards are working now but not siege? Is this the case?

I hope this isn't a foretaste of what is to come for the 20th anni, I am over this now before it has even started if it is gonna be like this for the next month or so.

Doesn't hurt to put up ACCURATE, updates to the player base when stuff is fubar. It would save a LOT of aggravation and frustration.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK well server has been down on Siege P, twice now. Prior to that I managed to get two items, no carts or anything, but the message and the amulet and dried incense off a gargoyle and a brigand.

Server went down the first time and came back up ran about 10 trade runs to zip zilch nothing.

Went to bed got up, logged in server patched, read that it was 'all fixed', spent about the last 10 hours or so running trade quests for zip zilch nothing. Read forum during this time with people speculating that it had been stopped again, finally @Kyronix dumps a message saying yeah it is off but the old ambushers would still have the items, well NO they don't. After doing nothing else all day I have a total of zip.

Server has gone down again (about 3.5 hrs ago) and back up and again ran another 5 or so quests for zip zilch. Seems the word is 'other' shards are working now but not siege? Is this the case?

I hope this isn't a foretaste of what is to come for the 20th anni, I am over this now before it has even started if it is gonna be like this for the next month or so.

Doesn't hurt to put up ACCURATE, updates to the player base when stuff is fubar. It would save a LOT of aggravation and frustration.
Nope, Europa still ain't working, same as yesterday.

You're not the only "red headed step-child" :D

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn't hurt to put up ACCURATE, updates to the player base
LOL ROFL :D:p:hahaha::gee::danceb::grin:

You have forgotten who we are dealing with...

But yes, dear team, we the mushrooms would like a bit of fresh air and the courtesy extended to communicate with us when things are working again, or when they are off.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So - found the next journal- this time in Minoc, in "The New World Order", Warriors Guild (?) .
upload_2017-8-18_16-42-9.png Warriors Journal.jpg

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's back up on Legends. 3 burning carts, no lost orders, but no new items yet.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So now a journal in Skara. This confirms my suspicion that there's maybe a book in every town....
I looked around in Britain but found none ....

The Journal in Skara is at Farmer's Market
upload_2017-8-18_17-0-28.png
Farmers Journal.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So - found the next journal- this time in Minoc, in "The New World Order", Warriors Guild (?) .
View attachment 70882 View attachment 70883
There's no book like this on Balhae.

Edited to add: Just checked for the other journals from other towns that you posted and they don't exist on Balhae either. Wonder if the EMs are putting these out?

One more edit: Asuka, Atlantic, Baja, Drachenfels, Europa, Formosa, Hokuto, Izumo, Lake Austin, Mizuho, Mugen, Napa Valley, Oceania, Pacific, Sakura, Sonoma, Wakoku and Yamato have them. Arirang, Balhae, Catskills, Chesapeake, Great Lakes, Lake Superior, Legends, and Siege do not (at least in the Skara Brae farmer's shop).

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry Tina, I play on Drachenfels :/

This event is somewhat very very odd, I post this for the ones like you who maybe has not yet this informations

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is it just the EC that the newspaper doesn't work in? Seems to be cut off part way down and no slider at the side, just part of the actual message.... [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:([/bcolor]

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mene do you mind if I use your images? I am writing up a comprehensive guide of the event so far and your pictures would help a lot!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mene do you mind if I use your images? I am writing up a comprehensive guide of the event so far and your pictures would help a lot!
Are we sure those books are part of this event?? since they dont seem to exist on all shards?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa: Allowed *G*

@Uriah Heep: the books have all the same color like the book in bakery in Trinsic - so they must be.
Here on DF we have even a german version of theses books.
*why I have to think always to Ken Hensley if I read this Avatar Name;)*

next from Yew: found at the Healer in the village:
upload_2017-8-18_17-15-53.png
Healers Journal.jpg
:

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just tested the wagons bit on Legends after it came back up.

Running up and down road I finally go the burning wagon to appear, but the demon killed me.

When I rezzed I killed all ambushers, but the trade order was not returned to me. I searched the burning cart and it could not be found.

Cart still burning. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*why I have to think always to Ken Hensley if I read this Avatar N
Think we both know the answer to that ;) him and Lee kerslake and company have their chars on other shards...
That's one benefit yall ahve in the EU, you get to see them tour much more often!

But we don't even have the book at the bakery, much less anywhere else

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not completely fixed. The City Heralds should be handing out a quest.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we sure those books are part of this event?? since they dont seem to exist on all shards?
I think the books were placed (or not placed) manually, Uriah. I'm looking at the Skara Brae book on Lake Austin and it isn't even in the same spot on the table as on other shards. It's on top of the candle. And on Napa and Atlantic, it's on the floor. And on Great Lakes, there's no book in the Skara Brae shop but there is one in the Yew healer's shop. Bizarre indeed.

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what i missed and also not found were some books in Britain, New Magincia, Moonglow and I did not look in Felu-Towns. Must paused now for awhile - tired of searching and hungry :D.

@Uriah Heep
Yeah.... this is so cool that the most older and well known bands from the 70ies goes on Tour. Ken to me was - and is 'til today one of the best singers I've ever heard. Incredible voice :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa

These books are NOT part of this arc. They were from the first act of Warriors of Destiny.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe we need each item for each town to activate something in the future...
Does each town have a skill linked to it It takes different skills to read each new item ...

Just trying to figure what the different items needing different skills with books in it looks like each town.
Are there any new npc characters in each town yet...

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Dot Warner: Sure? *smiles a big grin and shrugs shoulder*

So than it was also a possibility to me to spend my time within a boring afternoon - and one other maybe could use them to make his websites for UO-Quest more beautiful....
but they could have to do something with this event - the theme would be convenient.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Dot Warner: Sure? *smiles a big grin and shrugs shoulder*

So than it was also a possibility to me to spend my time within a boring afternoon - and one other maybe could use them to make his websites for UO-Quest more beautiful....
but they could have to do something with this event - the theme would be convenient.
I am absolutely positive. They are from 2012 and were the backstory for why we had rioters in the Crown cities.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh well, gonna go back to scribing and call this a done deal for the time being. Still not seeing any new drops, and have gotten plenty of scales to hold me (forever).

Y'all have fun!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Explain warriors of destiny to me....this arc is bringing some old Ultima lore...and I for one have not seen those books before....I am not up on my lore but.....exactly where is the Obelisk from? And Titans? It's old Ultima right? And the books eerily fit into the content that is happening right now

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Explain warriors of destiny to me....this arc is bringing some old Ultima lore...and I for one have not seen those books before....I am not up on my lore but.....exactly where is the Obelisk from? And Titans? It's old Ultima right? And the books eerily fit into the content that is happening right now
The current arc is a take on Ultima VIII: Pagan (with a few significant differences). This is where the Titan's and a blackrock obelisk come from.

The books may seem like they fit, but I am 110% that they are 5 years old.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, I think these books are from before where you gained city loyalty by capturing brigands in town and by putting out fires that the looters set. I seem to remember getting a rope from the mayors office to use on the looters/brigands and double clicking a LOT of fires... ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes, I think these books are from before where you gained city loyalty by capturing brigands in town and by putting out fires that the looters set. I seem to remember getting a rope from the mayors office to use on the looters/brigands and double clicking a LOT of fires... ;)
I remember that event.....don't remember the books! :/

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so is this is this not working yet...only dont wanna start if its not working yet as it should

and what are the rewards exactly.... seroiusly some folk aint got hours upon hour trying to figure this all out...read this go there read that...yes... let me get some real life work ,,,family etc ....fit in between ...it be be awesome if you are retirement age...kicking back spending the pension

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Urgh....Arc is borked again....
It worked for a while with no problems then......yup you guessed it....
mobs killed, no order returned and wagon stays on fire. :/

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK this was....Odd?
I had just gotten a bugged quest and was stuck with no trade order, so i started wandering back to Britain.
Now i came across somebody else doing an ambush and before i could stop my pet it had jumped in to the fight and killed a mob.
I mounted my pet to stop it fighting but then.......
.....my trade order appeared in my backpack???

It's looking to me like there should be a set number of mobs spawn before you get your order back but if 1 doesn't then you get bugged?