• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confused about the current events

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So over the years I've slowly taking the slope down to a casual player, but when there's something like a 20th anni event arc promised, I log in :)

But there seem be several things going on and I have no clue how they play together or what to do exactly.

1. Trade Order appearently drop stuff. I never done any trade quest before and now I'm standing at the vesper docks and don't know what to do. Do I get a trade order from that minister of trade or do I take the quest "heave ho" from a guy called Patricus the trader? And then how to deliver? Shortcut by moongate or going on foot and hoping to get raided? An then what?

2. What about that rift in Skara? Is that doing anything or just waiting for a future event?

3. I read something about heralds selling newspapers yesterday but can't seem to find it anymore and neither do they actually sell newspapers. What's up with that?

4. Is there other stuff I missed related to current events?

Sorry for all that questions, but I want to enjoy the anniversary events and don't miss anything. At the moment though, I don't really know where to start and what to do.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. if you are on a shard that did get the actual publish... then you can get new stuff from the trade deals otherwise you're in the same boat as the rest of us and you'll have to wait till tomorrow when they put out an emergency publish to fix it...

2. Rift in Skara check the news tomorrow.

3. newspapers again tomorrow.

4. no not yet tomorrow.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess we won't start getting the hotfix until they get to work, it must still be pretty early for them.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess we won't start getting the hotfix until they get to work, it must still be pretty early for them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The content will be turned back on after the last shard has its maint cycle per the post up on UO.com. Should be around 11 range eastern is my best guess.

When it comes to the rift.. I am not sure which Part of the Arc it is in but they also posted when the next Parts are expected to begin here : ( 20th Anniversary Event Arc – Ultima Online ) That might save ya from having to keep checking the City Herald all the time :)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The content will be turned back on after the last shard has its maint cycle per the post up on UO.com. Should be around 11 range eastern is my best guess.

When it comes to the rift.. I am not sure which Part of the Arc it is in but they also posted when the next Parts are expected to begin here : ( 20th Anniversary Event Arc – Ultima Online ) That might save ya from having to keep checking the City Herald all the time :)
I wonder if they'll adjust the schedule for this unexpected deactivation. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmm... I hope not. The first part seems to just be running trade orders. At least I have not heard of anything else being active yet. Not sure how many of the 'pieces' are needed later on down the road.. but you can most likely still snag them once the second Part becomes active.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes all the content will still be do-able UNTIL the last part...part 5......then everything else gets turned off, so we will have about a month to get through the first 4 parts, collect whatever it is that we will need to face that big battle at the end.

Currently it seems that the decision of the king to reduce tariffs on trades has caused quite an uproar among some citizens and the roads along the trade routes have become unsafe. The ambushers seem to have items of interest though it's unclear what their purpose is. Also it seems that there is stronger magicks entering our lands... a magic that is far older and more pure then the ~crap magic~ we use now (Per the fiction)

FROM UO.COM

The wretched woman gave a dismissive wave of a skeletal hand. “Magic won’t help us. The greatest mages in Britain turned us away in fear.”

“Their spell circles are children’s toys. I practice a magic far older and purer.” The healer moved the spell focus across the woman’s face, melting away sores and healing the skin. The ash pale face came alive with a rosy bloom.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input!

But I'm still kinda confused as I see people talking about stolen trade orders and burning chest and stuff. When I do a trade order today, ambushers pop up, I kill them and go on to deliver the goods. No one is stealing anything from me and burning wagons I just see on the roadside but not when I'm ambushed.

*sighs* Isn't there a resource on the web that shows how this is supposed to work?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the input!

But I'm still kinda confused as I see people talking about stolen trade orders and burning chest and stuff. When I do a trade order today, ambushers pop up, I kill them and go on to deliver the goods. No one is stealing anything from me and burning wagons I just see on the roadside but not when I'm ambushed.

*sighs* Isn't there a resource on the web that shows how this is supposed to work?
do you not read????? 15 posts at LEAST about this already and everyone has said at least 15 times that ITS BEEN TURNED OFF!!!!!!! Again... second day in a row... you can still get the drops but the burning crap and the stealing your stuff is TURNED OFF!!!!!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry dude, but the first thing I see when I go to uo.com is "Everything is turned on again"...

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry dude, but the first thing I see when I go to uo.com is "Everything is turned on again"...
I'm just as confused you're not the only one. :)

My plan is to ignore it all, just do my own thing, till I hear the Trammies and hardcore pvmers are happy it's all going right, until then we just seem to be in a permanent state of confusion.

As a PvPer, I don't get this stuff at the best of times. o.0

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What irks me the most, is that it's noewhere explained how it's supposed to work.

From what I pieced together from this forum is, that when you get ambushed they appearantly steal your chest and then there's something about burning wagons and metal chests and ... oh, i have no idea :-(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If we had a community liason.... oh wait we don't.... if they posted up to date on the official website.... oh wait that never happens... if the town criers were actually used as they used to be..... nope guess that's not going to help either......

If Stratics Staff would sticky for awhile the "current" event and what folk need to know about it....

Oh they don't do stickies much anymore because.???? someone was hurt by that.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we had a community liason.... oh wait we don't.... if they posted up to date on the official website.... oh wait that never happens... if the town criers were actually used as they used to be..... nope guess that's not going to help either......

If Stratics Staff would sticky for awhile the "current" event and what folk need to know about it....

Oh they don't do stickies much anymore because.???? someone was hurt by that.
But if a really good friend had a crisis, like a lost item or someone hacked them, the shards would be brought down and an extensive search would be performed until it was corrected......oops did I say that outloud ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
IF the community would like a sticky for the current event, I can talk to the other board members about it and then all related content can go there...I will let you know :)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh that would be nice - especially since with all the problems/bugs in the first part I can't wait to see what surprises await us in the others and it would be nice to have one spot to go to for all our complaining! Oh yes, and for the information, can't forget that! :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is this messed, on, off, fixed, half and half, what? Where do we stand on it ATM?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you all should follow the Developer's Feed
there was a statement there yesterday

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Shattered Obelisk Reactivated

Posted on August 17, 2017 by UO Dev Team
Greetings,
Part I of the Shattered Obelisk has been reactivated on all North American and European shards. All other shards will be reactivated once they go through their normally scheduled maintenance.
See you in Britannia,
UO Team

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have gotten 4 items this morning already....so...I don't think it's de-activated.....have ALL the shards gone down for maint today yet?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have gotten 4 items this morning already....so...I don't think it's de-activated.....have ALL the shards gone down for maint today yet?
it is NOT working on siege, and hasn't been for the past 28 hours. Last time anyone got a special item was 2 server downs ago. I have done nothing all day and night but trade quests and got zip.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its working on Atlantic for the time being. What im wondering is are we looking for something specific to move on from the trade quests or is the whole first part trade quests to get the items to use later on.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems to be working on Napa, though after 6 rounds of ambushers, no drops. Of course they had to make these new ambushers immune to bard skills.... grrr. ;)

Update : Had a string of good luck - got two phylacteries, a gorget and a demon necklace. I think the market on guild signs is gonna drop like a rock tho... :grin:

Last edited:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also on Napa with my warrior, at least 8 trips today, but from those there were no new drops. To temper the grindfest did manage to get my first ever guild signs...Barters' and Fighter's !

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you call getting 2 items in 12 hours working you need your head examined as well as the DEVs...

Because IMO that's as FAR from working as I want to be... I'm sorry but that's abysmal.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you call getting 2 items in 12 hours working you need your head examined as well as the DEVs...

Because IMO that's as FAR from working as I want to be... I'm sorry but that's abysmal.
You're getting items right?: Kinda means it's working....maybe not as YOU want it....but hey we can't have everything we want.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You're getting items right?: Kinda means it's working....maybe not as YOU want it....but hey we can't have everything we want.
If that's what you consider working... No wonder people leave this game in droves... At this rate... I'll be done come Jan. 1st... I'm fed up beyond belief and fail to find any FUN in any of this.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that's what you consider working... No wonder people leave this game in droves... At this rate... I'll be done come Jan. 1st... I'm fed up beyond belief and fail to find any FUN in any of this.
Just seems like more grind for very little return to me so far.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just seems like more grind for very little return to me so far.
You are not alone... did 4 missions before "lunch" and got yet another demonic amulet on the first run..... and then shockingly NOTHING.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got yet another demonic amulet that makes 3 of them.... first run today otherwise NOTHING...

This is PA-THETIC to say the least. And this is supposed to make me excited about the 20th anniversary and want to continue to pay for UO?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can examine your head. Lemme get some stuff from the kitchen. Stay still.... brb

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You know I just started doing Trades about an hour ago....2 trades....8 ambushes...2 items....just because some people aren't getting as many as they think they should get doesn't mean it's not working or it's bad....if everyone got every item the first hour it was out.....what's the point??

~sighs~

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I just started doing Trades about an hour ago....2 trades....8 ambushes...2 items....just because some people aren't getting as many as they think they should get doesn't mean it's not working or it's bad....if everyone got every item the first hour it was out.....what's the point??

~sighs~
I think this is the problem, we don't know if we are ment to be "collecting" items as turn-ins or if it's just 1 needed and the quest continues somewhere else.
The items give little messages but nothing of any consequence, just ad-lib descriptions.

The "direction" of this quest arc is fuzzy to say the best.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The newspapers are 1 per toon. They are nice. Get them on all your toons. Build that hoard!

I dont see any pics of it. Get back in that chair Larisa, Im not done with the exam.

upload_2017-8-18_17-40-19.png

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So over the years I've slowly taking the slope down to a casual player, but when there's something like a 20th anni event arc promised, I log in :)

But there seem be several things going on and I have no clue how they play together or what to do exactly.

1. Trade Order appearently drop stuff. I never done any trade quest before and now I'm standing at the vesper docks and don't know what to do. Do I get a trade order from that minister of trade or do I take the quest "heave ho" from a guy called Patricus the trader? And then how to deliver? Shortcut by moongate or going on foot and hoping to get raided? An then what?

2. What about that rift in Skara? Is that doing anything or just waiting for a future event?

3. I read something about heralds selling newspapers yesterday but can't seem to find it anymore and neither do they actually sell newspapers. What's up with that?

4. Is there other stuff I missed related to current events?

Sorry for all that questions, but I want to enjoy the anniversary events and don't miss anything. At the moment though, I don't really know where to start and what to do.
i think the jist is u waste 5-6 hours of your UO Playtime - which is about my weelky ration....and u may get 1 or 2 like deco titbits ....mmmm no thankyou....whatever happened to fun fun events like the treasures of tokuna!!!

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
If it is the DEVs are keeping that quiet... rather stinks.
So Part 1 , BARDS, could not participate???? (msg...You "cannot perform negative acts on your target")

Now Part 5, BARD/MAGE cannot participate???? (msg...You "cannot perform negative acts on your target")

SINCE WHEN DID BARDS BECOME SO UBER???....... THAT THEY NEEDED TO BE PENALIZED???

Tamers are UBER, not Bards!!!!

So after 12 years gone....

I come back and cannot participate in this Epic Event??????

because my preferred game style, is a Bard/support character, not a "hitty, hitty, warrior" char???

I guess they don't want my RL$'s subscription fee?

If this is the way, this quest arc was designed....

Thanks for the memories, but no more RL$'s, coming from me.

I am now so sorry, that I was stupid enough to waste RL$'s & paid up my account until December!

But NOT a Cent/penny more will head towards this game, if I cannot participate in this event!.

Pathetic implementation, of a Quest line that could have drawn back past players, into the World of Britannia!

If have have missed something, relevant to my complaint, I would be willing to be clued in to the secret!

If no one has any pearls of wisdom, then I am DONE with UO... & don't worry... I won't let the door, slap me on the way out!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The heralds that sell the newspapers are only found in trammel, so you need to create a blue or turn one of your chars blue by eating a royal forged pardon in order to participate, then when entering the moongate you get a new option to select: trammel and find a mirror of all the cities there. Hope this helps.