• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unusual Items Received From Killing Trade Order Ambushers

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we should start a thread for this. I'll kick it off with what I got from delivering my first trade order, done on Balhae a few minutes ago. Luckily this first effort paid off with an unusual item.

So, if you got something unusual as loot from an ambusher, name the route, indicate whether or not you used moongates, number and type of ambushers (if you remember), unusual item dropped, and which type of critter dropped the unusual item. Note that you wil get a message about there being an unusual item on the ambusher when it dies, so watch for that message! (I will caveat this by saying that if you're using pets to kill things, I am wondering if you will get the message about an unusual item if you've run too far away from where your pet killed the ambusher with the odd loot. So if you had to run and your pet carried on killing, you might want to check all loot just to be on the safe side and not miss something important.)

Skara Brae to Moonglow (Trammel)
Used moongate
Ran up the side of Moonglow to give more time for an ambush
Ambush was a hell hound and a burning gargoyle
Burning gargoyle dropped a daemonic amulet (as well as a plain t-map).

amulet.JPG

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I dropped the ball on the first one....Origin is down for the count right now...RIGHT in the middle of a trade order!!!!

First Ambush was....if I remember correctly...A Burning Gargoyle, Shade, Hell Hound and Mummy (Got the message from the shade, Trapped soul within a Phelactry)
Second Ambush on that same trade was a drake, spectre, and 2 other things...trade was for 10 nightshade

Going from Brit to Skara all roads I do not use moongates.

The one I am on currently...or hope I am on currently...is for 20 Wall of Stone from Skara to Vesper

Nevermind..logged back in to all spawn, no cart and no trade order....DO OVER! lol

soultrap.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Got the message from the shade, Trapped soul within a Phelactry)
What I'm curious to see is whether the odd items only come from specific groups of monsters. The soul trapped within a phylactery I got on Test Center came from a lich and I think you got a daemonic amulet there, but I don't remember what you got it from.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't remember what I got it from either....the message was a clicloc error so I was just looting to loot, I had no idea things would be on the corpses.

Just did a second run, no items, 3 Ambushes...4 Ambushers each 20 scissors from Brit to Trinsic by road.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a second run from Moonglow to Trinsic and was ambushed twice. Nothing special. Thinking we should maybe only post about the odd stuff we get otherwise there will be too many posts to go through later. Will edit my first post.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Good idea.

3rd trade was from trinsic to yew, I used the moongate and wasn't ambushed at all...I'd rather take the roads to assure an Ambush..as weird as that sounds lol.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea.

3rd trade was from trinsic to yew, I used the moongate and wasn't ambushed at all...I'd rather take the roads to assure an Ambush..as weird as that sounds lol.
Oh, I agree on going by land if possible. I just refuse to do the ones that require using a boat for now. Will try some tonight when I know I'll have a longer block of time to deal with the very likely possibility of dying and having to sail somewhere for a rez.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh for heavens sake... thanks for the update. I had no idea special items were going to be on corpses, I just kept running and left my ambushers behind. I didn't notice any new critters, though, just the standard gargoyles, orcs and ettins, etc. I did 15 of them that way and got a few guild signs, a couple pinks and colored ingot piles but nothing special.

I guess I have to kill stuff!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The chance for the items is relatively low, so we will have to do a lot of them.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG no... please no, anything but that.... is there any way to get these ARC items besides doing these? This is like drinking a shot of Jagermeister after getting super sick off the stuff and vowing never to taste that vile creation again... :shots:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chance for the items is relatively low, so we will have to do a lot of them.
Is there a limit to how many ambushers you can get per trip? If not, just run back and forth till you find what you're looking for in one trip.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Double click on the items ... then log a char that has the skill it says you lack...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a limit to how many ambushers you can get per trip? If not, just run back and forth till you find what you're looking for in one trip.
On TC1, I had two cart spawns on 1 trip, so no limit that I'm aware of. So, that could work (RNG willing) to increase your chances at finding one of the new items and increasing the amount of gold for your city.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did 4 trades on Origin, too many krakens in the sea! Strange thing... commanded greater dragon to attack them and he would hit for a few nibbles and then totally stop attacking like they were invisible to him. Killing even a sea serpent was excruciatingly slow. Some of the monsters vanished, others, their corpses disappeared a moment after perishing. Spawned one of the burning crate/house things, but monsters never stole my chest. I killed all of them and then the crates. burning plot vanished. Was there something vital in the burning mass we need to find?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the same trip, you might get one spawn that only has two ambushers and then the next spawn has four or even five. However, I suspect that you will have many, many trips where none of the ambushers drop one of the new "odd" items. I strongly suspect that the only time you will find something new/odd on an ambusher corpse is when you see the message that there's something odd on the corpse right after an ambusher dies.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did 4 trades on Origin, too many krakens in the sea! Strange thing... commanded greater dragon to attack them and he would hit for a few nibbles and then totally stop attacking like they were invisible to him. Killing even a sea serpent was excruciatingly slow. Some of the monsters vanished, others, their corpses disappeared a moment after perishing. Spawned one of the burning crate/house things, but monsters never stole my chest. I killed all of them and then the crates. burning plot vanished. Was there something vital in the burning mass we need to find?
Was the burning crate thing on the water or on your ship? As far as I know, you don't have to do anything with the crates. They disappear in a puff of smoke after you kill the last ambusher. If an ambusher has something special on its corpse, I believe you will see a message to that effect. Something like, "You notice something odd on the corpse."

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was land based burning crate, no message, and nothing special on corpses. Did appreciate the 52 verite granite reward. Would sure be interesting to see a burning floating mass at sea!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below is what you see after you click on the daemonic amulet. Note the journal message.

amulet 2.JPG

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm no longer getting the new ambushers. Last 5 trades were just the old ones. This is on Legends.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was land based burning crate, no message, and nothing special on corpses. Did appreciate the 52 verite granite reward. Would sure be interesting to see a burning floating mass at sea!
So was your crate stolen with the land-based "burning crates" ambusher spawn, but not stolen with the sea-based ambusher spawn?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On land ambushers spawn, not stolen at all, remained on me, and I didn't die either. No new sea based spawn, same ole krakens and company. Guess it's not a roadway.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm no longer getting the new ambushers. Last 5 trades were just the old ones. This is on Legends.
Same on Cats. Was one of the few to get a paper. Was getting the new ambushers until I actually turned a trade in. Since then only the old style ambushers.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On land ambushers spawn, not stolen at all, remained on me, and I didn't die either. No new sea based spawn, same ole krakens and company. Guess it's not a roadway.
No when I did it on test? The damn thing spawned ON my boat.....and I have one of the little tiny boats...it was horrible lol, died instantly.

That picture is from this morning...but just look at the size...ON MY BOAT! ACK! I refuse to do trades by sea until the event is over lol.

Attachments

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No when I did it on test? The damn thing spawned ON my boat.....and I have one of the little tiny boats...it was horrible lol, died instantly.

That picture is from this morning...but just look at the size...ON MY BOAT! ACK! I refuse to do trades by sea until the event is over lol.
I know my curiosity is going to get the better of me and I'll have to try one by sea but I'm dreading it. Going to try one of the bigger ships.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah.. Only seeing the old Ambushers. Will see if Felucca or 5+ Items makes a difference.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got "a goblet" from an ambush briggand. Just looks like a regular goblet. I only have 80 tinkering, and that wasn't enough skill to get the message. :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...looks like we have to wait until tomorrow :/

Publish 98 Hotfix

Posted on August 16, 2017 by UO Dev Team
Beginning with European shards this evening, 8/16/2017, and continuing with all shards tomorrow, 8/17/2017, we are in the process of deploying a server crash fix to all shards during regular maintenance times. Once the fix has been deployed to all shards, Part I of the Shattered Obelisk will be re-enabled.
We apologize for any inconvenience while we address this issue.
See you in Britannia,
UO Team

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like LS was ready. But its not on. I have pets to train.

Vershawn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britian to Minoc
No moongates used
ambushers were two brigands and an ogre
ogre dropped a daemonic necklace
3rd trade order ran.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britian to Minoc
No moongates used
ambushers were two brigands and an ogre
ogre dropped a daemonic necklace
3rd trade order ran.
Did you get the message that there was something unusual on the ogre's corpse?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Grace found this after it was turned off. Said it was on old type spawn. They didnt steal her crate.

upload_2017-8-16_22-2-49.png

Gave to me for a necro to read.

upload_2017-8-16_22-6-2.png

What do i do now?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She got the demonic amulet. Says this:

upload_2017-8-16_22-55-0.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just got something too off a normal spawn
Screenshot_18.jpg
map.jpg

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Weird. I ran around and had 9 ambush spawns. Nothing special.

I'll try in a luck suit.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have no luck...5 ambushes and I have 2 maps now lol

MapInfo.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We need to see if tamers can get stuff. I have yet to get anything on my tamer.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am using my tamer...that's all I have been using...and only 1 item because I have never done a trade until now ;) lol

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*grumbles*

That is what I'm using as well. A tamer doing 1 liners.

I wonder if its only the shards that had the arc turned on earlier that can get them. It was never turned on for GL according to someone who spent the morning stalking a City Herald :p

Which shard are you doing these on?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LS is where grace got them. I guess I thought that Dragon in Larisas pic was spawn. I didnt know people use those now. :p

I only get 2 attacks per run. I may need to dismount. Didnt get any ship attacks.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey now...don't hate on Stanley...he's a great Dragon! ;)

I am on Origin...obviously and we did get have the content for about a half hour before it died.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Run around in circles out of a guard zone. They will just keep spawning.
I've run quite a few on Sonoma in the last two hours and have had regular spawn and no unusual drops. Also, it seems very much as if the spawn rate for the ambushes has been decreased. Have had a couple of runs with no spawn whatsoever.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Switched over to Balhae and did a run from Minoc to Yew. Had 4 or 5 of the older type of spawns along the way. Got a daemonic amulet from a gargoyle ambusher corpse and there was a message telling me that it was there. As noted above, I did some of the new ambush spawn, with the stacked crates graphic, on Balhae this morning, so I think Dot may be correct that the "curious" drops are only happening on some shards.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes that is unfortunate. So whatever shards were actually activated today before it went kaput are, in all reality, still working...just not with the beefed up Ambushers.

I got another item just now....but only 93 Alchemy which isn't enough to discern more information :/

Incense.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hum... my guess then is that it won't work for anyone who's on a shard that didn't get the publish...

Have fun.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a Boline this morning off regular ambushes. Would it be possible to color code these items. I usually dont do trade quests so have no idea what is and isnt supose to be on the corpses. I just wait for the message saying the corpse has something then I take everything