• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet slot/stat problem on test

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Who else has pets that now show "reset" slots and stats on pets (that were fully trained)? All of my Hiryu's, some nightmares, and dimeatrsaurs (sp) are all screwed up. The hiryu's are now 2 slot pets. BUT, they still show all of my 120 scrolls on them!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add to that list, my Saber-Tooth Tiger and Najasaurus, still investigating and checking.

More: Black Tiger, Lesser Hiryu, Saurasaurus - and this is my second tamer, I'm afraid to send my prime tamer to test.

This is shocking and a gamebreaker, if it isn't fixed quickly

None of these pets were release exploited, or death exploited or any other illegal way exploited, this was hours and hours and hours of hard work training and blood sweat and tears to figure out how to make them the best they could be. I guess I am lucky tho, I never had many 120 PS and I refuse to pay the prices to buy them now so at least I am not out gazillions of coin like so many others.

Last edited:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to make fresh copy your tamer with pets and check again. Many pets was nerfed by mistake.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Fear not friends... yesterday was thier first attempt at writing a program to correct the pets that were slot lowered.. sadly the problem is there is almost no way to know if most of them were as once they are reskilled( unless their stats are just insanely high) they kind of just take on the stats of that of a 4.1 or greater... yesterday they just set the value abit high ..so it hit everything that was within the search specs of the attempt.. fear not there is no way that will go live... they are still looking for a way to fix the issue.... but are honestly painted into a corner.. there is nearly no way to tell a pet that was born 4.1 or better /( or lower slot born)/ one that is was lowered through the release/rez kill bug... They have a hell of a task before them. as it stands they cant prune the weeds without also getting the flowers... well unless they pull them out one by one instead of dropping weed killer on everything like yesterday attempt... but as I said before that was just day one of them working on a fix... and there is no way it will go live..

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fear not friends... yesterday was thier first attempt at writing a program to correct the pets that were slot lowered.. sadly the problem is there is almost no way to know if most of them were as once they are reskilled( unless their stats are just insanely high) they kind of just take on the stats of that of a 4.1 or greater... yesterday they just set the value abit high ..so it hit everything that was within the search specs of the attempt.. fear not there is no way that will go live... they are still looking for a way to fix the issue.... but are honestly painted into a corner.. there is nearly no way to tell a pet that was born 4.1 or better /( or lower slot born)/ one that is was lowered through the release/rez kill bug... They have a hell of a task before them. as it stands they cant prune the weeds without also getting the flowers... well unless they pull them out one by one instead of dropping weed killer on everything like yesterday attempt... but as I said before that was just day one of them working on a fix... and there is no way it will go live..
Test went down for a "fix", and came back up. My pets 9that I have checked) are back to normal! Thanks @Bleak

bmwtech

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Don even with the change a couple of mine got hit even harder. Most were back to normal with a little bit of time will back to their old selves or close to it but not all.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don even with the change a couple of mine got hit even harder. Most were back to normal with a little bit of time will back to their old selves or close to it but not all.
Did you use the previously copied tamer ? Copied my tamer to TC again about 30 minutes ago, all pets are normal now.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Im hopeing we can talk to the devs and find a good middle ground so if our pets do get hit they are still return to decent play style... one of the things I see that needs to change is lesser hiryu reverts... My bush one was not hit but my 4.3 lesser chiv one still is getting hit.. they need to return them to 1 slot instead of 2... other wise there is just no hope of making a even semi playable pet from that mess... the 2nd is night mares.. which needs to be returned to 2 slot instead of 3... I trust they will have their ducks in a row but just in case they do hit pets that were not slot lowered and were just high value pets like lesser hiryu at 4.3 will have 900 HP and close to 1k mana if done right.. and because of this will be targeted by the reverts I feel.. So I wish insure that these pets are not ruined as a 2 slot hiryu under the current system will have 400-500HP at best(that's if ya max str to 700) and less then 300 mana under their current reverts returning it to 1 slot even with the reduced points in the first round will insure these pets can at least get 700hp and 500 mana along with their fixed resist reg, etc.. but this is merely the first week or this system.. so I am hopeful it will be fine tuned to the point that even if pets that were not slot lowered are hit they will not be ruined.. =^-^=

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
2 slot Legacy nightmares being trained on test center are still reverting to 3 slot after relogging, confirmed still happening today. This is concerning because we don't know what animals we might train in the future, scroll out and log back in with them being reverted because whatever code says they are exploits.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, the looming thought of reverts that may go live have many players unwilling to even play until the issues have past.. the dead zone its making is a far worse event then the few extra stats pets that might of come about during that window.. but I trust things will smooth out soon.. all of this stuff is just in testing format.. and aside from pets that have increase in power like banes/dreads.. there is even a chance other pets might not be targeted at all... we will just have to see how it plays out.. until then.. let just keep copying every few days.. and giving as much feed back as we can..after all its active players feeding Devs with feed back that will help make these reverts more pin point and fair as the weeks move forward.. until then never lose heart my friends.. =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just in case people don't read "New changes and stats" thread in here.. just wanted to update this one. a few days ago they updated the revert code so it mainly only targets pets with slot 1-4 that have the same stats as a 5 slot pets..and 5 slot pets that are at stats lvls close to 4.9-5.0 which should be less then 1% of active pets in the game... Ive tested all of my pets witht he new code and even a 4.8 monster which was donated for test copies that was max trained in the new system did not revert... so I would say for the most part we are in the clear.. and don't worry about any reverts hitting your pets and start training and having fun.. be aware that they have included a code that stops slot jumping so if ya have a pets 2 slot that you are fearful of slot jumping hold on to it until the pub lands.. =^-^=

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just in case people don't read "New changes and stats" thread in here.. just wanted to update this one. a few days ago they updated the revert code so it mainly only targets pets with slot 1-4 that have the same stats as a 5 slot pets..and 5 slot pets that are at stats lvls close to 4.9-5.0 which should be less then 1% of active pets in the game... Ive tested all of my pets witht he new code and even a 4.8 monster which was donated for test copies that was max trained in the new system did not revert... so I would say for the most part we are in the clear.. and don't worry about any reverts hitting your pets and start training and having fun.. be aware that they have included a code that stops slot jumping so if ya have a pets 2 slot that you are fearful of slot jumping hold on to it until the pub lands.. =^-^=
I've been waiting for the slot jump fix to go in.

Rhett Eiree

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a bugged Cu (5 slot) on Sonoma that is not gaining training (0.00% Pet Training) on Sonoma. I copied it to TC1 where it is now a 3 slot and is still not gaining.

Resists were changed to something similar to an average Cu, but not back to original (I recorded original in a spreadsheet). Skill improvements were still there but stats were changed; again not back to original.

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether this pet has been flagged as an exploit? I read a description of the exploit on Pub notes. I suppose its possible that I inadvertently stumbled into the exploit but I doubt it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They are trying to help the ones that got the final code bug too.. where they would slot jump to 5 slot still have the bar but never gain on it.. they haven't perfected it yet.. as it reverts them and ya still can't train them back up.. but they are getting closer and working on it.. just keep copying your final code pets and testing them.. I had a 2 slot spell weaving rep do this.. and can;t wait for it to be fixed as I already dumped all 120s in it.. ^_~

Last edited:

Rhett Eiree

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! I finally understand what is going on. It's much easier to chill now.

The developer post "Pets that jumped from 3 to 5 and show training at 0%" helped too.

I will continue to copy to test center and cross my fingers. Cheers

Rhett Eiree

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Results from my copy to TC1 last night:

Slightly different from a few days ago; still not fixed. Still frustrating as this was a great pet to begin with (not so much anymore) plus I spent a lot of time and gold on power scrolls... Also, scary given the publish schedule.

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you saying that this is the finished pet? If so, something is wrong.

upload_2017-8-11_13-2-21.png

You should have been able to get the HP to 800 at least. Even if you started with the worst Cu in history. You saved a bunch of points by only using 110 scrolls.

What do the stats look like on the non patched shard?

Rhett Eiree

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Right... This pet went from 3 to 5 slots after round 1 and stopped gaining (0.00%). I was going to add 900 HP after round 2. My fear is that this, or worse, something similar to the TC1 version will be the finished pet.

Also, I should have labelled the column on the right "After Training." Simply calling it training was confusing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the Devs will be on this weekend at TC. @Kyronix or @Bleak anyone gonna be on Test center this weekend?

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right... This pet went from 3 to 5 slots after round 1 and stopped gaining (0.00%). I was going to add 900 HP after round 2. My fear is that this, or worse, something similar to the TC1 version will be the finished pet.

Also, I should have labelled the column on the right "After Training." Simply calling it training was confusing.
Please recopy your character & pet and let me know the next time you are on TC.