• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You see: EM Xanthus

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You see: EM Xanthus​

Note: It was sad to see so few at this meeting of the RBG, but I am putting the blame on the town criers for not shouting the event as they did the fishing one. I quizzed the Owl at my wife’s place and even when I showed it a cook book for chicken it still refused to say a thing about the RBG.

EM Xanthus: waiting on a few others before I start

EM Xanthus: OK

EM Xanthus: Guess we start with you three
EM Xanthus: ahh a 4th
EM Xanthus: OK so
EM Xanthus: The plan is for us to hold 1 meeting per month
You see: Aeryn Devinas the Exact
You see: Zues (My Horse)
You see: Heath the Barkeep
You see: EM Xanthus
You see: Lavendar Baroness of Vesper
meeting 7-23.jpg
EM Xanthus: during this meeting we will, discuss the happenings like what is going on during the arc, the arcs will contain need the Royal guard to attend I may throw in some specific Royal Guard tasks that you have to complete also during the specific meeting we will do promotions, adding recruits and finally any training we need so I may pit the royal guard against enemies in a simulated environment

EM Xanthus: Now for ranking up in the guard I will be implementing a point system every event a royal guard attends, they will get 1 point so thats Royal Guard specific or just regular events
EM Xanthus: you have to be there from when it starts until when it ends to get full credit. This is to prevent folk from just showing up for 5 minutes and leaving, being in the Royal Guard requires participation.

EM Xanthus: Now to show rank I have to get approval from Mesanna but I was thinking giving titles and possibly items like sashes, cloaks, boots Sashes would read Royal guard Recruit or Royal Guard Member.

Drakelord: Be sure to make them Shard bound for that way we will not get those that wish to just get a EM item.

EM Xanthus: oh they will be I won’t have xsharders running away with our stuff
Drakelord: I am still getting offer for my first pair boots today, I keep them lock down at my keep

Lavendar: Also many of us play multiple alts. I do depending on what is required. Will you have a way for us to assign our points if we play an alt? Depending on what is required will you have a way for us to assign our points if we play an alt?

Drakelord: that a good question we do play alts

EM Xanthus: For a Royal Guard to earn points they have to be there on that character wouldn’t make sense for a Royal Guard to earn rank if they never showed up.

Lavendar: Previous EMs had us turn in books saying which char we were playing for that night so I have a tamer I would bring some nights, or an archer another, we had a thief event so of course we brought thiefs. And I go to the governor meetings but I'm not able to fight.

Drakelord: So if my Bard come to an event there will be no points for Drakelord?

EM Xanthus: I will talk to the other EMs about this. I won’t say no for now. I will think about it
I will make a post about it on the Sonoma EM site with my decision

Drakelord: yes my alt is a governor as well
EM Xanthus: I’m sure we can work something out
Drakelord: *nods*
Lavendar: I think most of the governors will want to participate
EM Xanthus: let me speak to the other EMs first. Ill talk to them tomorrow

Lavendar: EM Kincaid on Siege allows us to do multiple alts and we have had that privilege
Lavendar: on Sonoma for as long as I can remember what has been done is to turn in a book
Lavendar: saying for example Drakelord's alt was at the governor meeting on his Governor Dezerai
EM Xanthus: OK I’ll speak with him

Drakelord: in the past here we either did the book with the name or we shout out main char name. It can be hard on the EM to keep track I am sure

EM Xanthus: OK I will make a post on Tuesday I will detail that and more

Lavendar: I think most of us are willing to do the book if that is a help as its kind of overwhelming meeting all the new people when they play different chars as well

EM Xanthus: Also on some shards, there have been specific uniforms that were worn during special events like promotions

(Note: Do let it be known I am not about to wear a “Uniform” at any special event., sorry but no way.)

Lavendar: Siege has a uniform, the new EM there gave a fashion show with examples

Drakelord: ya they do and I refuse to wear it there

Lavendar: haha well OK so that is how Drakelord does it and I wear it on Siege

EM Xanthus: What I was thinking was during the none combat parts of the event you wear the uniforms when combat happens, you wear what you want. This way if we do recruitment or say special guests arrive. You show off your Royal Guard stuff =) Is that OK?

(Think I will send the Goblin or the Wolfman during those events)

Lavendar: Some folks, its OK with me but might be a bit of a problem to implement between combat and non combat wearing it at a meeting for example would be simple

EM Xanthus: none combat would be a promotion.recruitment but when we are ready to do combat
Lavendar: oh yes, for that kind of event
EM Xanthus: you switch
Lavendar: I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for many of us. I also want to mention that some folks have acquired rank from previous EMs so I don't know how you want to handle that

EM Xanthus: I won’t ask anyone to go into battle wearing guard uniform since its just for show

Drakelord: one EM told us to wear red so I dye the shield
Lavendar: well, you can use any colors you want its your show now
EM Xanthus: I will come up with something depending on how I implement Royal guard into events
Drakelord: This is an example of what we got at our last promotion event my rank is Elder Knight.
EM Xanthus: I may do have royal guard show up 15-30 minutes prior to the main events
(Note: Its here where he sees the Lantern)

EM Xanthus: ahh that works

Aeryn Devinas: That would work so events have full time allotment

Lavendar: I can't find my lantern
EM Xanthus: and that way the captain of the guard would issue your tasks
Lavendar: but my rank was Knight
EM Xanthus: I think I have an email someone sent me with ranks for folks
Lavendar: oh good
EM Xanthus: I will rummage thru my emails and see if i find it
Lavendar: I'm glad to hear that

EM Xanthus: on our first RP event
Drakelord: if you cannot find it I can send it as well
EM Xanthus: I will do role calls and what not

Lavendar: oh
EM Xanthus: do me a favor and send it
Drakelord: k
I not about going to continue with the rest of my notes on this meeting of the four of us. I did forward copies of my emails/notes from before along with all the information I had on the ranking system that EM Chim had before. I did ask about us using the War Room on Serpents Hold and pointed out the armor transfer point on Skara for non mages to get there for the meeting.

I also asked if the King had been able to ask about the Zoo, alas he had not and I was told that he would be speaking to people soon about it. I hope to hear more on that before the 31st or I will have the Ancient One ask that question at the next Dev M&G.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure would have been there but real life intervenes and of course takes precedence, we were at the hospital at this meeting time, so please excuse Lord Clym and my other characters, we will be missing several events and a lot of playtime in the next months.