• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Scrolls? Where to find them?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of creatures that drop them? They drop so seldom that hunter's guide and UOGuide didn't really get feedback to include it.

I know they're on Swoop, Miasma, Troglodytes. I've a vague feeling I once got one in Citadel, but I'm not sure if my memory is faulty on that.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Never seen a list anywhere but I do fill SW books and sell them quite a bit. The best place for them are Crystal Lattice Seekers in Prism of Light. I also get a good bit of them from killing Cu's and Dryads but most folks don't like the negative karma they bring.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Any critter that came with ML has a chance to drop them...but like Kylie said, best is the Crystal Lattice Seekers....miasma and swoop do but not often.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In my travels, Peerless bosses tend to have a good drop rate. Whether it's Lady Mel, Paraxymous, Dreadhorn, Shimmer, Travesty, etc... I seem to get atleast one SW scroll about 75% of the time.

Kylie's suggestion is also a good one: the various monsters of Prism of Light seem to have one of the better drop rates.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot :) I guess I'll be buying a ticket for prism - and probably rezing up in the safe area before I actually find anything :D

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Irk, Guile, Spite, Lissith, Sabrix all tend to drop them quite often too.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Irk, Guile, Spite, Lissith, Sabrix all tend to drop them quite often too.
That's a good point... if you have an Arachnid slayer, you can sit in the swamp where Lissith and Sabrix spawn, just hit a flamestrike (or two) and knock them out pretty continuously.

The trouble is that Irk, Guile and Spite are a pain in the butt. You need to segregate them away from the part of the swamp where those particular spiders spawn if you're going to do that method.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's a good point... if you have an Arachnid slayer, you can sit in the swamp where Lissith and Sabrix spawn, just hit a flamestrike (or two) and knock them out pretty continuously.

The trouble is that Irk, Guile and Spite are a pain in the butt. You need to segregate them away from the part of the swamp where those particular spiders spawn if you're going to do that method.
Or just kill them with onslaught and a 100% fire double axe, bushido and 120 chiv.
They are a bit more annoying now with 120 spellweaving, more spellweaving spells and level 6 focus, but it is still doable to fight two of them at once.