• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

where did my preferences go?

Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

I logged into the game this morning and all was well. Now at login the game treats me like i'm there for the first time:

1: Music is on when it was turned off
2: game is windowed
3: my username is no longer there
4: I need to accept the terms of use again
and worst, 5: my character's interface is reset.

Getting all my 6 characters set up again was a lot of work, what can I do to prevent my other character's UI from resetting and what can I do to prevent this in the future?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If you are in classic client and don't log out properly your info isn't saved, I mean if you turn the game off and don't just use log out.
Otherwise it could be something like a server revert.

Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are in classic client and don't log out properly your info isn't saved, I mean if you turn the game off and don't just use log out.
Otherwise it could be something like a server revert.
I'm in the enhanced client. And all my macro's and hotkeys for all characters are deleted. Does it do that when you don't log out properly?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhh yes I think it would also do that in EC, sorry if that happened, it sucks! Always log out, never just shut the game down. I learned that lesson the hard way too. :(

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just back up your character information in my documents every so often.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did all those preferences exist before that one session, or did you create a bunch of characters and preferences during that one session? Characters and preferences that existed before that session would not be affected by how you logged out from that particular session. In that case, it sounds like your profile folder was deleted or moved

Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did all those preferences exist before that one session, or did you create a bunch of characters and preferences during that one session? Characters and preferences that existed before that session would not be affected by how you logged out from that particular session. In that case, it sounds like your profile folder was deleted or moved
Exactly. I only got BODs this morning, changed absolutely nothing. Not sure if I logged off properly. I come back, and all characters macro's, interface and hotkeys are gone.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly. I only got BODs this morning, changed absolutely nothing. Not sure if I logged off properly. I come back, and all characters macro's, interface and hotkeys are gone.
I'd reboot first before i did anything

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That happened to someone else recently, they accidently deleted their profiles and it took a while to re-do them all. Losing all your macros is horrible. :( I started backing mine up after I read their post!

Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystery solved. My girlfriend confessed to using my computer, and accidently dragged the whole EA games folder into another folder. So, when I launched the game from my shortcut, it couldn't find the game and probably installed it anew.

She feels really bad. I guess I'll tell her everything is still there.

Soon. :p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Awwww I guess she wants you to play less...joking!! Glad you got it sorted! :D