• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adding Power Scrolls to Tram

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you are thinking that putting scrolls in tram will solve the situation? What stops me from showing up at the last minute, naked with a keg of expl pots, and bomb the boss to death while laughing at your face (just an example). What are you going to about that? You know a single Exp/FS may drop me since I am naked but you just couldn't do that even if you out number me 10 to 1
I can see it now. Xplo pot WOD characters camped at every spawn. Grab the tissues for the next round of "it's just not fair" threads...

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
There is no such chokehold on powerscrolls. I have freely done spawns solo on Atlantic for 6 or more years.
If that's the case then it would make no difference adding them to Trammel. Right!? I mean what's the difference?

Don't y'all just love this argument? "You can freely do spawns in Felucca!:lie:, but don't add them to trammel".:lol:

Right...I get it now...:rolleyes:

Like I said it's actually amusing reading players posts justifying keeping 120 powerscrolls in Felucca.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that's the case then it would make no difference adding them to Trammel. Right!? I mean what's the difference?

Don't y'all just love this argument? "You can freely do spawns in Felucca!:lie:, but don't add them to trammel".:lol:

Like I said it's actually amusing reading players posts justifying keeping 120 powerscrolls in Felucca.
It is amusing to read. I mean there's only a million bugs that need Dev time and work but no, the greed of tram players is getting the better of them. Fel spawns can be done easily on any shard so why add them to Tram to please the few players that are scared of a 1 in 1,000 chance of dying to a player?

I wouldn't be opposed at all to scrolls in Tram IF Fel had something to bring the pvp guilds together and away from Yew gate. Right now we have nothing but VVV which is total crap so no I'm opposed. If they brought back the multi facet Order/Chaos I'd be perfectly content.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If pvpers left all the decisions to pvmers, we would all have test center bankboxes, where you would just say give arties and not have to do anything yourself. This easy button argument from the trammel side makes me sad. If peoples pride wont allow themselves to make a sampire to do spawns, that's their decision.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why people are so scared of dieing to a pvper once in a while .
Not sure why PKers are so scared to fight other PvPers, or enjoy the same risk v rewards PvMers do.
PvMers can lose a lot of time, and 40m in one go, this doesn't happen to PKers.

PKers stand to lose nothing, ie 10k insurance gold.
PvMers face risk v reward - PKers do not - this is promoting a seriously negative playstyle.

Maybe if a PKer flags (goes grey or red), and then dies to PvMers, he loses 50m gold a time, then maybe the Risk v Reward has been balanced in the current economic climate.
Make this happen, and I'd say continue as it is in the current climate.

Where would I stand in this equation - I'm an anti PK, and always have been.
I'd be hunting the PKers. :)

but will grind themselves to death vs the dark father or some other mob.
Genuine work effort = reward going on here, some people find that fun, or motivating.

Last edited:

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
As a longtime die hard UO player the 2 biggest gripes I have afer 20 years are #1 Shard Shields, and #2 120 Power Scrolls being in Felucca only.

And when I say gripe I mean I have serious RESENTMENT and ANGER toward the Dev Team regarding these two issues because I deem them to be totally unfair and unjust.

In both cases you grant a small portion of the playerbase a huge advantage over others, in terms of both economics and gameplay.

I can't begin to detail my disgust on this topic without getting banned from this board.

The ultimate Irony we play a game which centers around the Avatar and the 8 virtues. One of which is Justice. It's not fair and just to have 120 Powerscrolls, or any item, drop only in Felucca when those same players freely access everything in Trammel. The reverse simply cannot be said despite the numerous lies we see posted to the contrary. If that were the case this topic would not come up time and time again.

Really..and I mean in all serious it's the equivalent of walking down the street at night in a bad neighborhood, and getting robbed and mugged. I mean, let's face it..that's what's happening when your getting raided...your essentially getting mugged. And here we are...90% of the playerbase are supposed to be okay with it. And the kicker is this is SANCTIONED by the Dev Team.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play 6-10 hours per week. Does this mean idocs should be based around my gametime? Should I feel like quitting because I can't get a slither (tram only content btw) drop in my allotted play time?
Again, not the same. No human player or player organization is actively preventing you from farming slither or IDOCs that fall into your play time, do they?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a longtime die hard UO player the 2 biggest gripes I have afer 20 years are #1 Shard Shields, and #2 120 Power Scrolls being in Felucca only.

And when I say gripe I mean I have serious RESENTMENT and ANGER toward the Dev Team regarding these two issues because I deem them to be totally unfair and unjust.

In both cases you grant a small portion of the playerbase a huge advantage over others, in terms of both economics and gameplay.

I can't begin to detail my disgust on this topic without getting banned on from this board.

The ultimate Irony we play a game which centers around the Avatar and the 8 virtues. One of which is Justice. It's not fair and just to have 120 Powerscrolls, or any item, drop only in Felucca when those same players freely access everything in Trammel. The reverse simply cannot be said despite the numerous lies we see posted to the contrary. If that were the case this topic would not come up time and time again.

Really..and I mean in all serious it's the equivalent of walking down the street at night in a bad neighborhood, and getting robbed and mugged. I mean, let's face it..that's what's happening when your getting raided...your essentially getting mugged. And here we are...90% of the playerbase are supposed to be okay with it. And the kicker is this is SANCTIONED by the Dev Team.
I like your posts. :)

The problem for me, is this scenario is out of date.
In the past it worked, when the economy was smaller, and there were far more players, and more "right-minded" players to balance things out.

The problem now, is we are down to a smaller pool of players, and the negative playstyle has been promoted out of all proportion.
If in your example you gave, the muggers and thieves were actually then paid for doing so in a real life society, the whole society would turn in on itself and crash - this is the current UO scenario and needs to be stopped - unless the point of UO is to give some form of virtual relief to muggers and thieves.

ps. And yes, the Avatar and Virtues are a meaningful part of UO for me. You are correct, we are at a point where these values have been forgotten and ignored.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is amusing to read. I mean there's only a million bugs that need Dev time and work but no, the greed of tram players is getting the better of them. Fel spawns can be done easily on any shard so why add them to Tram to please the few players that are scared of a 1 in 1,000 chance of dying to a player?
So this intense opposition to Power scrolls in Tram is merely to save Devs time it takes to change a few flags in the code. It has nothing to do with the lavish pricing that PSs command due to the current "arrangement"?

I wouldn't be opposed at all to scrolls in Tram IF Fel had something to bring the pvp guilds together and away from Yew gate. Right now we have nothing but VVV which is total crap so no I'm opposed. If they brought back the multi facet Order/Chaos I'd be perfectly content.
See, I would not mind something like that at all. In fact, I think having a unique Fel rewards would be great. Just make it PvP specific rewards. There are already PvP specific rule sets, so I don't see a reason not to have PvP only artifacts. That will bring everyone who is interested in PvP to Fel, and keep Trammies happy because they will not have a reason to go where they don't want to.
Unfortunately, a lot ot PvPers seem to be of the opinion that UO PvP will die if it's not inflicted on PvMers whether they want it or not. IMO if UO PvP requires a supply of victims to survive, then it should indeed die.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I like your posts. :)
Thanks though I doubt the moderators, or Dev Team share your sentiments.

It's good though that we can at least get some humour out of this board.

And I hope to find one or two Kindred spirits that too can "see the light".

@railshot and @Dot_Warner Post #11, have done a great job at bringing to light the hypocrisy of the policy of "The War on Powerscrolls". A war "against the people"...

The problem for me, is this scenario is out of date.
In the past it worked, when the economy was smaller, and there were far more players, and more "right-minded" players to balance things out.

The problem now, is we are down to a smaller pool of players, and the negative playstyle has been promoted out of all proportion.
If in your example you gave, the muggers and thieves were actually then paid for doing so in a real life society, the whole society would turn in on itself and crash - this is the current UO scenario and needs to be stopped - unless the point of UO is to give a form of relief to muggers and thieves.
Preaching to the choir. You can pull up old threads on this topic and you'll see me chiming in time and time again advocating for change. Adding Powerscrolls to trammel takes nothing away from PvPers (Who also have PVM characters), but gives to the PvMers.

I draw parrellels to how citizens complain to the politicans about the social injustices and nothing gets done. I see this particular topic being treated almost in the same manner by our devs as our corrupt polticians. All you can do is sit back in amazement and scratch your head, and then it dawns on you... the reality of the ugly world we live in, meanwhile a little part of you says "Yeah but it doesn't have to be this way".

That's what we have here...as you pointed out yourself...a corrupt system.

ps. And yes, the Avatar and Virtues are a meaningful part of UO for me. You are correct, we are at a point where these values have been forgotten and ignored.
Especially by the Devs.:wink:

Long Live the Avatar!:thumbup:

Crak Lord

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can't begin to detail my disgust on this topic without getting banned from this board.

Lol do you need a hug or a safe space? I mean get real.....

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What?

Powerscrolls are already obtainable in trammel, you can get all 110s from the Tokuno and twisted weald champs, and then bind them to make 115s and bind them to make 120s,

Happy Hunting,

If you would like a shortcut, please feel free to farm in fel at slightly increased risk.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this intense opposition to Power scrolls in Tram is merely to save Devs time it takes to change a few flags in the code. It has nothing to do with the lavish pricing that PSs command due to the current "arrangement"?

When the community has requested a fel only shard, (which would take 5 mins to set up) this was the one and only argument given against the idea. When a fel only shard would increase subsriptions, this proposition would decrease them.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Not sure why PKers are so scared to fight other PvPers, or enjoy the same risk v rewards PvMers do.

PvMers face risk v reward - PKers do not - this is promoting a seriously negative playstyle.

Maybe if a PKer flags (goes grey or red), and then dies to PvMers, he loses 50m gold a time, then maybe the Risk v Reward has been balanced in the current economic climate.

Genuine work effort = reward going on here, some people find that fun, or motivating.
I have to disagree with you here my dear Ally!!
We dont need PS in Tram, It would kill even more the PVP scene, at the minute, we are having lovely fights with VP and PRO.
Sometimes we get raided, sometimes we raid them, Its all part of the fun!
Having PS in Tram would mean everyone back to playing solo with their double accs, no need to call for help or play in a group..... which for me that is a step back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fel can be seen a place where you really need the MMO part of this game if you want to be clear.
Going to Fel requires for some to be in a group which is part of this game since day one, its not called Play Alone Online......
While some of us are a little more confident with ourselves and dont mind venturing alone.
The biggest mistake probably was the royal pardons, as if we still had reds which was the case to not long ago, we wouldnt be having this discussion as all red players wouldnt be able to access the content in Tram. With the existance of the new Royal Pardons, that has been messed up a little, but yet there is more available content in Tram than is Fel.

For example, lets use the Slither, Only Obtainable in Tram, Another example Tangle, only obtainable in Tram, I could go on, Cameo, Jumu, Minax, Shanty......
And I mean without having to buy them, actually getting them as a drop! Plus all the legendaries which are also needed to kit most chars in this game!

This game is already enough of an Easy Button game, not like anyone is killing themselves in Mining, lumberjacking or any resource gathering as its all scripted, all the tedious grinding in this game has been solved by cheats, and I will tell you everyone is this game has had some sort of dumped item or item obtained by scripts, even from your iron ingots all the way to your essences. Do you think the people sitting on 60K of every essence got that by grinding???

Tram has more than enough to serve themselves which Fel hasnt got..... Its easy to forget when you want it all your way, but there is way more stuff in Tram needed by PVPers than what PVMers need from FEL. Just because suddenly all pets need PSes is that everything has shot up, 5 months ago we wouldnt be having this discussion over PSes cause it wouldnt of mattered, just because of a price change, and now you have not prepared for a game that does have PVP content in it, if thus game was designed to never get attacked, Fel wouldnt of been created....

You cannot choose what best suits you, you join a game with all its aspects, not the ones you choose you want!
If you want an Utopia game like that, maybe host your own server where there is no Fel and play the happy bunny role and pretend to play a game....
I may be younger than a lot of players but if PVP didnt exist, probably I wouldn't play this game, as it a fun part of it, and I dont mean killing innocents, although no one is innocent but the excitement of the fighting and out classing them, even the trash talk can be exciting sometimes!
Also the only way to learn to defend yourself is to be attacked, you may be killed a 1000 times, but that 1001 time you will defend yourselves and get away or may even kill them.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said @Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS but time wasted. The "I don't have so gimme gimme" crowd don't listen.

You're absolutely right about this was a non issue years ago. Tram players are quite the greedy crowd.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@railshot tell me what Lythos is able to do to get powerscrolls that you cannot.. does he have some sort of special account?
You're free to do whatever you want in this game.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@railshot tell me what Lythos is able to do to get powerscrolls that you cannot.. does he have some sort of special account?
You're free to do whatever you want in this game.
I don't know how many times I have to say it. He is able to PvP that I cannot.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not? so what you're saying is.. he is better at the game than you... and therefor you resent that he's able to get a reward for being better at the game than you and you think the rewards should be given to everyone equally regardless of ability/effort put in?

I am apparently told daily/hourly that i can't pvp (although i'm not logged into general chat myself) and have no problems doing champs or raiding others.

In fact apparently according to general chat, EVERYONE in our guild is totally useless and can't play, yet we seem to have an abundance of 120s.

For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. Matthew 13:12

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry, but all the folks asking for scrolls in the tram rule set because they "loose" a champ spawn in fel to raiders really don't understand the tram rule set at all.

You think it is bad when 5 or 6 pvpers show up and have to fight you for the spawn for a chance to take the scrolls... at least you have a chance to fight back and protect the spawn you worked... Not all pvpers are cheaters, but I promise there are some out there. Just imagine if they put there resources to work camping tram spawns for counting candles and such.

Put powerscrolls in tram and just wait, mark my words... instead of 6 people showing up with one character each at the end to fight you for your spawn, it will be 20 players running multiple accounts that show up at the end... and there won't be ANYTHING you can do to stop it. Trust me, you want the scrolls in fel, your odds of getting them is much better there. Why do you think so many of the other tram based encounters are instanced? Its to keep the other tram players out!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why not? so what you're saying is.. he is better at the game than you... and therefor you resent that he's able to get a reward for being better at the game than you and you think the rewards should be given to everyone equally regardless of ability/effort put in?

I am apparently told daily/hourly that i can't pvp (although i'm not logged into general chat myself) and have no problems doing champs or raiding others.

In fact apparently according to general chat, EVERYONE in our guild is totally useless and can't play, yet we seem to have an abundance of 120s.
For one, my ping precludes me if not from PvP but from actually ever winning it. But the biggest reason is that I do not have time, energy, or desire required to become a good PvPer. I like fighting monsters (including champions), not other players. But let's not pretend that this has anything to do with risk or effort vs reward. The risk vs reward curve in this game is fairly flat. Once you know what you are doing, pretty much everything is open to you PvM-wise. Except for power scrolls. Power scrolls were limited to Fel with the sole purpose to provide unwilling victims for PvPers. Otherwise, it would have made much more sense to make it a PvP -specific reward. But it was not done, because fighting other PvPers gets old fast, and getting plat for those fancy suits might be difficult if you can't keep PS prices artificially high.

Either way, catering to a vocal minority by directly antagonizing the majority is a really stupid way to run an MMO, which may at least partially explain the current sad state of affairs.

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either way, catering to a vocal minority by directly antagonizing the majority is a really stupid way to run an MMO, which may at least partially explain the current sad state of affairs.
That is where I am coming from.
I do PvP, I've loved Champ spawns since day 1, I still do, myself and my guild are more than a match for the weak PvP guilds on our server, and in fact any server. :)

However, there are a few things bugging me now;
  • The behaviour of the people I fight against has basically hit an all time low, their attitude stinks, ingame, on forums etc.
  • The PvP playstyle a. created by the devs, and b. adopted by players, is one of the least fun PvP playstyles I can remember, and going downhill.
  • I don't think PKers face any Risk in Fel, whereas PvMers do, it has got unfair.
  • The gap between PvP/PvM templates has got huge, as well as ability, cost of suits etc, it is not open to all - it is now an elite sport, I liked spontaneous, open to all.
All of this, in my opinion, is killing the game.
It is not about making it easier for Trammies, but if we do, who cares?
They want to play their game, I say let them.
I'd like for all playstyles to be supported.
PvPers to have a reason (and rewards) to fight, Crafters to have a reason to craft, and PvMers to be able to play their style.
I'd like PvPers to have full access to what they need via PvP, same for other playstyles.
This way, there is no "forcing", antagonism, and if and when people want to PvP, they can.
I would probably expand the VvV system way beyond what it is in Fel, and even other systems to allow for PvPers to have a reason to fight, and equivalent rewards to what can be obtained via PvM.

In short, I'm trying to save the PvP side of the game, if you guys think it's fine, then that's that.
The attrition from the 2 playstyles tearing away at each other for years, is probably what has cost UO, the most fun game ever, the most dear.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how many times I have to say it. He is able to PvP that I cannot.
I have never spawned on a pvp template. What sets us apart is simple knowledge of game mechanics. This is something that I or any pvper in this thread will be more than happy to share our knowledge of for the greater good of the game. I've seen sampires slaughter people. I've died to a few myself. I've also defended my spawn and slaughtered raiders. It's very simple once you learn the basics and you'll find the entertainment value of your gaming experience increase drastically once you're successfully defending YOUR spawn.

Btw I don't even spawn anymore so I'm not profiting from anything in this argument. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff on this game that you could blow me away on. Medusa and Navery are the only pvm bosses I can do solo outside of spawns and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I'm off work for over a week next month. PM me your shard I can either converse basic setups or I can xfer over to help you farm. I have plenty of gold so all scrolls will go to you.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, there are a few things bugging me now;
  • The behaviour of the people I fight against has basically hit an all time low, their attitude stinks, ingame, on forums etc.
  • The PvP playstyle a. created by the devs, and b. adopted by players, is one of the least fun PvP playstyles I can remember, and going downhill.
  • I don't think PKers face any Risk in Fel, whereas PvMers do, it has got unfair.
  • The gap between PvP/PvM templates has got huge, as well as ability, cost of suits etc, it is not open to all - it is now an elite sport, I liked spontaneous, open to all.
All of this, in my opinion, is killing the game.
It is not about making it easier for Trammies, but if we do, who cares?
They want to play their game, I say let them.
I'd like for all playstyles to be supported.
PvPers to have a reason (and rewards) to fight, Crafters to have a reason to craft, and PvMers to be able to play their style.
I'd like PvPers to have full access to what they need via PvP, same for other playstyles.
This way, there is no "forcing", antagonism, and if and when people want to PvP, they can.
I would probably expand the VvV system way beyond what it is in Fel, and even other systems to allow for PvPers to have a reason to fight, and equivalent rewards to what can be obtained via PvM.
Some attitudes do suck. Gone are the days of the good fight let's go again. Items have ruined the game. If the devs would flood the game with high end items and STOP MAKING EVEN MORE <--- *cough* @Bleak they could be cheap and easily obtained so it would put everyone back on a level field.

Thing is you're not going to please everyone. Most pvpers just want to fight but you're going to have that few that think their time to show up is worth 25,50,100mil. Hence the VVV disaster.

Put the OLD Order/Chaos in all facets and I could care less about any other aspect of the game. But no, you had a select few tram players that couldn't stand the thought of pvp in tram.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never spawned on a pvp template. What sets us apart is simple knowledge of game mechanics. This is something that I or any pvper in this thread will be more than happy to share our knowledge of for the greater good of the game. I've seen sampires slaughter people. I've died to a few myself. I've also defended my spawn and slaughtered raiders. It's very simple once you learn the basics and you'll find the entertainment value of your gaming experience increase drastically once you're successfully defending YOUR spawn.

Btw I don't even spawn anymore so I'm not profiting from anything in this argument. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff on this game that you could blow me away on. Medusa and Navery are the only pvm bosses I can do solo outside of spawns and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I'm off work for over a week next month. PM me your shard I can either converse basic setups or I can xfer over to help you farm. I have plenty of gold so all scrolls will go to you.
Thank you for a kind offer, but it will most likely be wasted on me. What I tried to convey at least in some posts, is that the main reason I don't PvP is that I don't want to anymore. It's not because I am afraid, or don't know what is involved. I led a PvP-centric lifestyle for years in EVE-Online and made a choice to move away from it. I am older, I have different priorities and different energy levels. At this point I am perfectly content with figuring out the most efficient ways to wack on computer generated monsters. Uber suits and keeping up with the latest "I win templates" does not interest me. And I feel it is both unfair and is not terribly good for the game where PvM content that is nowdays essential for every viable template is only accessible through PvP.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put the OLD Order/Chaos in all facets and I could care less about any other aspect of the game. But no, you had a select few tram players that couldn't stand the thought of pvp in tram.
I liked this idea, never did understand why they didn't do it. PvP in Trammel??? Never understood why that was a problem, if you don't want to PvP then don't signh up for O/C. Seems so simple to understand...and if yall are bashing each others brains out all around Brit Bank Trammel...how does that adversely effect anyone's gameplay?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What?

Powerscrolls are already obtainable in trammel, you can get all 110s from the Tokuno and twisted weald champs, and then bind them to make 115s and bind them to make 120s..
This is not a true statement.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is not a true statement.
Exactly.... don't know what crap he's smoking but there are NO PS in Tram... NONE no 5's , no 10's or anything else... they are 100% unattainable in Tram...

Save for Crafting scrolls, Fishing scrolls and Imbuing Scrolls...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't get 110s from Tokuno champ? hmm, it's been a while since i did it...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Time to add my $0.02 worth to this discussion.

People need to cut out the excuses and the self deception. I don't care if Scrolls are available in Tram and Fel or Fel only. But what I do want to know is this:

Do the folks who want scrolls Fel only want quality PvP or do they want to farm Trammelite blues.
If they want quality PvP, then spawns shouldn't matter you can PvP anywhere in Felluca, otherwise the adamant exercise in arguing for them being only in Fel is just an excuse, because what they secretly want is to farm Trammy blues who aren't experienced enough, or otherwise prepared to fight back against other players. However these same people are typically fairly good at clearing spawns.

Risk vs Reward became defunct with the coming of Insurance, it's largely an invalid argument anywhere except Siege and Mugen. Neither party the Raiders nor Raided risk anything they didn't have before the spawn started except 10k in insurance money, maybe some bandages and pots etc.

Anyone arguing that Slither's etc. are only available in Tram Ruleset facets so that justifies Scrolls in Fel only needs to stop and think a moment. Unlike PvP, there is some content that cannot be engaged in without Power Scrolls. Sure if you're PvPing with less than 120's in some skills you might not be very good, but you can do it. Go ask a Greater Dragon "Will you be my friend?" with less than 105 Taming (which you'll still fail at the vast majority of the time). For items that come from Trammel Ruleset facets? The only way you do not have access to them is purely by choice, either you refuse to do it, or through your actions (going red) the game restricts you from it, either way it's a choice you made.

The argument of leaving scrolls in a place where certain groups can control access to them, effectively allows players to put a pay gate on in game content. This alone is the greatest argument for them being on both facets if you ask me. The game economy is screwed up enough with out that.​

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason that powerscrolls are still a relavant part of the economy is because they are in fel. Otherwise they would have become dead content like 98% of trammels content. It would be farmed nonstop by scripters in tram and multiclient people until the prices would be 100k per scroll and thus not worth your time to go out and get anymore. Economy would get even worse and it would also increase greifing to a level that would make those people cry even more. The only reason this is even being argued is because of the ridiculous pet revamp where all these people want scrolls for the pets. Other then 120 resist scroll as far as pvp goes would make any difference anyway. Adding tactics or anatomy or magery does nothng but a couple points of damage. Its just people with the I want and wah wah wah. I mean if people are dumb enough to pay 50+M for a tactics scroll for your pet so it does 2-3 damage more then your just a idiot. Again most people have no idea how the mechanics of the game work and make ridiculous claims about things they know nothing about.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The reason that powerscrolls are still a relavant part of the economy is because they are in fel. Otherwise they would have become dead content like 98% of trammels content. It would be farmed nonstop by scripters in tram and multiclient people until the prices would be 100k per scroll and thus not worth your time to go out and get anymore. Economy would get even worse and it would also increase greifing to a level that would make those people cry even more. The only reason this is even being argued is because of the ridiculous pet revamp where all these people want scrolls for the pets. Other then 120 resist scroll as far as pvp goes would make any difference anyway. Adding tactics or anatomy or magery does nothng but a couple points of damage. Its just people with the I want and wah wah wah. I mean if people are dumb enough to pay 50+M for a tactics scroll for your pet so it does 2-3 damage more then your just a idiot. Again most people have no idea how the mechanics of the game work and make ridiculous claims about things they know nothing about.
So... prices dropping to the point of being somewhat new player friendly is bad for the game?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, there is no reason a brand new player you should need scrolls until you learn enough about how the game works. Most new players will seek out help from other people anyway due to having questions about the game. In most of those cases the people helping them would give them the scrolls they need, even if they aren't 20s, 10s and 15s help until they get going. Would you go run a spawn for twenty minutes on a sampire if you only made 100k off it or run something where you can make 20m+ off of it. Why do you think the only popular thing to do is the roof, it yields the best profit for your time invested. If people could get same results doing lady mel no one would do the roof. Its pretty simple how things work in this game.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time to add my $0.02 worth to this discussion.

People need to cut out the excuses and the self deception. I don't care if Scrolls are available in Tram and Fel or Fel only. But what I do want to know is this:

Do the folks who want scrolls Fel only want quality PvP or do they want to farm Trammelite blues.
If they want quality PvP, then spawns shouldn't matter you can PvP anywhere in Felluca, otherwise the adamant exercise in arguing for them being only in Fel is just an excuse, because what they secretly want is to farm Trammy blues who aren't experienced enough, or otherwise prepared to fight back against other players. However these same people are typically fairly good at clearing spawns.​

Was there a sudden surge of red PKs after this taming publish that I haven't seen or is everyone just recycling the age old tale if one steps into Fel they'll be killed?

The last red I saw on Atlantic was a couple years ago from a returning player before he bought a pardon. You're also one of the ones confusing pvpers with pks. Two totally different playstyles. You're comparing a beggar to a thief. They may both be rogues but one doesn't rob your crap.

We can pvp in the majority of fel. All if we're VVV. Spawns offer not only a gathering place but a clear cut winner in guild fights. Whatever guild kills the champ and makes it out with the scrolls wins. It's been this way since AOS. For god's sake, LLTS, the oldest Trammy guild in UO even bucks up and does Fel champs.

I also don't care where scrolls are available, but I do know the importance of spawns to pvp firsthand. Instead of offering your .02 for recycled 1998 anti-PK propaganda, offer a solution that could suit everyones needs?

I'll start:
Tram: Full scrolls
Fel: Add slight chance for arties only available in Tram rulesets to drop at Fel only champs.

See how easy...

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Was there a sudden surge of red PKs after this taming publish that I haven't seen or is everyone just recycling the age old tale if one steps into Fel they'll be killed?

The last red I saw on Atlantic was a couple years ago from a returning player before he bought a pardon. You're also one of the ones confusing pvpers with pks. Two totally different playstyles. You're comparing a beggar to a thief. They may both be rogues but one doesn't rob your crap.

We can pvp in the majority of fel. All if we're VVV. Spawns offer not only a gathering place but a clear cut winner in guild fights. Whatever guild kills the champ and makes it out with the scrolls wins. It's been this way since AOS. For god's sake, LLTS, the oldest Trammy guild in UO even bucks up and does Fel champs.

I also don't care where scrolls are available, but I do know the importance of spawns to pvp firsthand. Instead of offering your .02 for recycled 1998 anti-PK propaganda, offer a solution that could suit everyones needs?

I'll start:
Fel: Add slight chance for arties only available in Tram rulesets to drop at Fel only champs.

See how easy...

There are no Reds anymore - thats the problem with Royal pardons etc but that is another story.......

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll start:
I'll take you up on this. :)

Trammel;​
  • Full scrolls at Illshenar Champ Spawns - this helps out the PvMers and Tamers.​
Felucca;​
  • Don't change Champ Spawns - this still allows these areas to be an arena of conflict. Increase Base Felucca Luck to 2000, so PvPers can potentially get more Legendaries off Champ Spawn bosses.​
  • VvV Turn the silver collection into the chance to collect all Roof/Doom/Navrey/Despise etc.etc artifacts, in the same style as points for prizes on Blackthorn Minax Artifacts. Shove the reward rate up to 100k or more Silver if necessary. ps. Bring back the old faction real Silver, not the points. Drop silver into PvPers backpacks when they kill someone in VvV, or take an Altar. Faction silver was very cool. Points don't have the same soul. Silver can then be earned, stolen, looted, traded. Would give something to Rogue styles.​
  • Not got a defined concept yet, but would like something major to drop as random loot from Felluca and Trammel dungeons. Get people back into the normal dungeons again.​
Crafters!
Allow them the ability to customise the Artefact drops as gathered by PvMers, or PvPers.​
  • Allow Imbuers to use Relic Shards/Stygian Abyss Ingredients (A lot) to modify drops including Legendaries.​
  • For me personally - Allow Smiths/Tailors/Tinkers/Bowcrafters/Carpenters to get rid of cursed, brittle, prized, properties etc etc. Make some of the ingredients for these actions additional BoD rewards - or drop from mobs in normal dungeons.​

What do I achieve here?​
  • Help PvMers/Tamers with scrolls, allow them to be more self sufficient, less antagonism between all.​
  • Add life to Illshenar spawns.​
  • Maintain a point to Felucca Champ Spawns.​
  • Revamp VvV to give it some real Oomph. The whole Silver concept would add spice. This would attract people for the rewards, and the PvPers etc. It gives something to the Rogues. It allows those who want to earn stuff via PvP to PvP for it, those who want to PvP will find willing participants, and those who need a reason to fight have a reason for winning Altars and killing people in VvV. (For example, I'm one of the worst duellers ingame, but give me an objective to win, and a reason to do so, and I win more than my fair share, I cannot fight without a reason to do so). These rewards would not be solely available here, if this method were too hard, there would be the Trammel farm/grind methods - Roof/Doom etc.​
  • Give a point to craftsmen again, who are left behind in the current Legendary artefact scenario. The BoD system is very cool, bring that back in also.​
  • Try and promote normal dungeon farming again - on both facets.​

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I liked this idea, never did understand why they didn't do it. PvP in Trammel??? Never understood why that was a problem, if you don't want to PvP then don't signh up for O/C. Seems so simple to understand...and if yall are bashing each others brains out all around Brit Bank Trammel...how does that adversely effect anyone's gameplay?
I have no idea either.
I wouldn't mind that at all, and I am still trying to see the point of keeping reds in fel at this time and age.

And again, I am all for putting PS scrolls in tram spawns, but up to 110s only and maybe in smaller numbers. Getting a 120 would be very doable, but it would just take time.
Also, increase the artefact drops from fel champions, increase the rate for 115s and 120 drops on them, add some other good drops to them too and we will be good.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Yes, there is no reason a brand new player you should need scrolls until you learn enough about how the game works. Most new players will seek out help from other people anyway due to having questions about the game. In most of those cases the people helping them would give them the scrolls they need, even if they aren't 20s, 10s and 15s help until they get going. Would you go run a spawn for twenty minutes on a sampire if you only made 100k off it or run something where you can make 20m+ off of it. Why do you think the only popular thing to do is the roof, it yields the best profit for your time invested. If people could get same results doing lady mel no one would do the roof. Its pretty simple how things work in this game.
Spot on!!! People need things to do that are worth the time.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I'll take you up on this. :)

Trammel;​
  • Full scrolls at Illshenar Champ Spawns - this helps out the PvMers and Tamers.​
Felucca;​
  • Don't change Champ Spawns - this still allows these areas to be an arena of conflict. Increase Base Felucca Luck to 2000, so PvPers can potentially get more Legendaries off Champ Spawn bosses.​
  • VvV Turn the silver collection into the chance to collect all Roof/Doom/Navrey/Despise etc.etc artifacts, in the same style as points for prizes on Blackthorn Minax Artifacts. Shove the reward rate up to 100k or more Silver if necessary. ps. Bring back the old faction real Silver, not the points. Drop silver into PvPers backpacks when they kill someone in VvV, or take an Altar. Faction silver was very cool. Points don't have the same soul. Silver can then be earned, stolen, looted, traded. Would give something to Rogue styles.​
  • Not got a defined concept yet, but would like something major to drop as random loot from Felluca and Trammel dungeons. Get people back into the normal dungeons again.​
Crafters!
Allow them the ability to customise the Artefact drops as gathered by PvMers, or PvPers.​
  • Allow Imbuers to use Relic Shards/Stygian Abyss Ingredients (A lot) to modify drops including Legendaries.​
  • For me personally - Allow Smiths/Tailors/Tinkers/Bowcrafters/Carpenters to get rid of cursed, brittle, prized, properties etc etc. Make some of the ingredients for these actions additional BoD rewards - or drop from mobs in normal dungeons.​

What do I achieve here?​
  • Help PvMers/Tamers with scrolls, allow them to be more self sufficient, less antagonism between all.​
  • Add life to Illshenar spawns.​
  • Maintain a point to Felucca Champ Spawns.​
  • Revamp VvV to give it some real Oomph. The whole Silver concept would add spice. This would attract people for the rewards, and the PvPers etc. It gives something to the Rogues. It allows those who want to earn stuff via PvP to PvP for it, those who want to PvP will find willing participants, and those who need a reason to fight have a reason for winning Altars and killing people in VvV. (For example, I'm one of the worst duellers ingame, but give me an objective to win, and a reason to do so, and I win more than my fair share, I cannot fight without a reason to do so). These rewards would not be solely available here, if this method were too hard, there would be the Trammel farm/grind methods - Roof/Doom etc.​
  • Give a point to craftsmen again, who are left behind in the current Legendary artefact scenario. The BoD system is very cool, bring that back in also.​
  • Try and promote normal dungeon farming again - on both facets.​
That could work very well indeed

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

This is a conjecture since PVPers do fight PVPers. That isn't the issue, you're derailing the thread to make a useless point.

Both PVMers and PVPers can take the same amount of risks, hence no reason to move powerscrolls to tram.

Your assertions are as ridiculous as the rest of your post. Lose 50m a shot? Lol

Keep hunting for that easy button champ.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not being scared. It's being frustrated. Like many adults out there on a typical night I have about 2 hours a night to play. When I spend those 2 hours on a spawn only to have gankers show up once the champ is up and reap the rewards for 5 minutes worth of effort - that just makes me not want to log in again. It has nothing to do with difficulty or risk vs reward. It's just that feeling when you know that someone's gameplay is built around abusing you and your effort. It's not very rewarding.
You're making up scenarios. It does not take two hours to do a champ.

I can grind out most champs in 15-20 minutes alone.

Again most times you're not even raided.

Your frustration is no reason to move powerscrolls to tram.

Sorry no easy button for you.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're making up scenarios. It does not take two hours to do a champ.

I can grind out most champs in 15-20 minutes alone.

Again most times you're not even raided.

Your frustration is no reason to move powerscrolls to tram.

Sorry no easy button for you.
15-20? I call shenanigans. Especially with the dropped spawn rate. Btw I couldn't care less where scrolls spawn but you are not doing a spawn in 15 minutes.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a conjecture since PVPers do fight PVPers. That isn't the issue, you're derailing the thread to make a useless point.

Both PVMers and PVPers can take the same amount of risks, hence no reason to move powerscrolls to tram.

Your assertions are as ridiculous as the rest of your post. Lose 50m a shot? Lol

Keep hunting for that easy button champ.
Where do PvPers fight PvPers?
VvV is empty.
Yew gate is pathetic.
Champ spawns are usually PKers dumping on PvMers.
It's usually the same old 10 hardcore elite PvPers fighting - unless by some random coincidence, 2-4 guilds roll out at the same time.
Forgive me if I have more ambition that that.

PvMers can lose 15 minutes (elite Sampire) to 1 hour (pure mage) doing the spawn, then can lose say a 40m Scroll. Pretty lot to lose.
PKer's can lose 5 minutes on dying, and about 10k insurance.
I've already mentioned, the current hardcore PKers that are left, are often very refined in their techniques, and running 1p to 5p suits, the PvMers don't stand a chance.
I don't think it is too much for the PKers to take a 50m bath if they die, that is how little risk they are taking in their entire {highly negative consequential} playstyle, it would incentivise people to hunt them, and it would make the game more seat of the pants for the PKers, bigger adrenalin rush, which is quite frankly what they need.

Quite happy with my post :)
This was only 1 suggestion, I've given a fuller suggestion in a later post, where I try to balance content for all, and create a proper PvP setting open to more players, in VvV.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
15-20? I call shenanigans. Especially with the dropped spawn rate. Btw I couldn't care less where scrolls spawn but you are not doing a spawn in 15 minutes.
My best solo time post spawn rate change is 18 minutes for a coon spawn. Template was a necro/mage/weaver with a second account set to follow with a 4x legendary bard running mastery and protecting.

It is very doable in under 20 minutes if you know what your doing.

What's more, if you get a few friends (3 or 4 more folks) who know what thier doing you can complete them MUCH faster. With 4 or 5 of us we were doing coon in about 8 minutes.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Where do PvPers fight PvPers?
VvV is empty.
Yew gate is pathetic.
Champ spawns are usually PKers dumping on PvMers.
It's usually the same old 10 hardcore elite PvPers fighting - unless by some random coincidence, 2-4 guilds roll out at the same time.
Forgive me if I have more ambition that that.

PvMers can lose 15 minutes (elite Sampire) to 1 hour (pure mage) doing the spawn, then can lose say a 40m Scroll. Pretty lot to lose.
PKer's can lose 5 minutes on dying, and about 10k insurance.
I've already mentioned, the current hardcore PKers that are left, are often very refined in their techniques, and running 1p to 5p suits, the PvMers don't stand a chance.
I don't think it is too much for the PKers to take a 50m bath if they die, that is how little risk they are taking in their entire {highly negative consequential} playstyle, it would incentivise people to hunt them, and it would make the game more seat of the pants for the PKers, bigger adrenalin rush, which is quite frankly what they need.

Quite happy with my post :)
This was only 1 suggestion, I've given a fuller suggestion in a later post, where I try to balance content for all, and create a proper PvP setting open to more players, in VvV.
lol you interjected a lot of hypotheticals in there.

So hypothetically PVMers can do that spawn and walk away with that 40m power scroll too. They could to several spawns and be just fine as it is currently.

If you're using a pure mage to do a spawn you're doing it wrong.

It's doubtful you're taking a pure mage to do much of anything these days.

EVen the hardcore PVPers don't play 24/7.

Let's at least try to base this in fact instead of hypotheticals and feelings.

Currently there's no reason to move powerscrolls to tram. Your only argument so far has been, to paraphrase, "it's hard because we might be attacked by the same 10 hardcore PVPers, and they might get the scrolls."

Do I have that about right?

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah it was 15-20 minutes to do the spawn, depending on the spawn.

You don't use the same character for every spawn it that helps you any.

Despise is the easiest generally done in 15 minutes even after the spawn rate drop.

The longest it ever took me alone was 25 minutes because I got raided and had to kill the guy first.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Only because there hasn't been a justification to move them to trammel other than "it's hard". Or "we might be attacked."