• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thanks Mesanna . . .

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For once again reminding Legends that we are the red-headed basterd step-child of the game that is the red-headed basterd step-child of EA! Apparently we are the ONLY shard without a Narvey hole. I have had quite a few people visiting from other shards ask "Where's your Narvey short cut?". To which I reply we don't have one because this is the red-head basterd step-child shard. Why does Legends always get the shaft? Maybe someone's hording it, but I doubt it because we share stuff like that on Legends. Like Hippolyte and hiis Warden of the Abyss house. He has A teleporter on his public Luna house that leads to it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For once again reminding Legends that we are the red-headed basterd step-child of the game that is the red-headed basterd step-child of EA! Apparently we are the ONLY shard without a Narvey hole. I have had quite a few people visiting from other shards ask "Where's your Narvey short cut?". To which I reply we don't have one because this is the red-head basterd step-child shard. Why does Legends always get the shaft? Maybe someone's hording it, but I doubt it because we share stuff like that on Legends. Like Hippolyte and hiis Warden of the Abyss house. He has A teleporter on his public Luna house that leads to it.
The Thread title is very misleading!

Mesanna isn't responsible for that, that's the choice of whoever has the hole from Legends...The Navrey Hole isn't shard bound either, so it may not even be on the shard anymore.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Mesanna isn't responsible for that, that's the choice of whoever has the hole from Legends...The Navrey Hole isn't shard bound either, so it may not even be on the shard anymore.
*shakes head*

That's just silly...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those holes have nothing to do with the developers actually, players can transfer them wherever they want. Clops owned 4 of them when he was banned so... that's 4 gone forever.

The only way Legends can get one if there isn't one on the shard is for someone to buy one from another player on another shard and bring it back to Legends (they are worth many platinums though so that probably won't be easy).

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now something like this should be shard bound. I'm usually against such things but there are always exceptions.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

*shakes head*

That's just silly...
Those holes have nothing to do with the developers actually, players can transfer them wherever they want. Clops owned 4 of them when he was banned so... that's 4 gone forever.

The only way Legends can get one if there isn't one on the shard is for someone to buy one from another player on another shard and bring it back to Legends (they are worth many platinums though so that probably won't be easy).
Now something like this should be shard bound. I'm usually against such things but there are always exceptions.
Mesanna is in charge of the EM program. As the boss the buck stops with -----HER!

I don't think we got a hole. That was the gist of my post. We didn't get a hole because we've had EM issues. Let's review:

EM Tashik: was a awesome EM but then suddenly went AWOL then quit citing job issues. which I understand.

EM Helios: Was assistant to Tashik. He was also a great EM and stuck around a while. He rose to the rank of Senior EM. Then suddenly quit. I don't know why.

EM Ikaris:
Was EM for 3 months. We saw him TWICE and he vanished never to be heard from again.

EM Miko:
Was brought in to assist EM Helios. I thought he was a good EM at first. Towards the end he was an angry, mean, and bitter person. When he quit it was quite the drama fest.

EM Mayu: Was EM about six months to a year. She was fired by Mesanna because according to Mesanna she "Did a no-no."

EM Avalon: She was EM until about 2015. Her biggest claim to fame is her ability to piss people off. I know at least two that quit because of her and two that moved to another shard. LOL she did get my sister to quit events cold turkey. Jirel hasn't attended an event since umm 2012.

EM Erberus: He's our new EM. Seems like a cool and rightous dude!!! He's fun, funny, and friendly. So far everyone loves him. Stay tuned! :)

So you see we have never gotten as many events as other shards because our EMs go AWOL, quit or get fired. We were a long time getting an EM after Mayu. Then we were a loooooooooooong time between Avalon and Erberus.

I seriously doubt we every had a Narvey hole. I hadn't even HEARD of it until about two years ago. That says alot on a tiny shard like Legends. I guess I should accept that we can't have nice things since we're nothing but Atlantic's "Farm" shard.

Meh. Whatever I personally would perfer when it comes to uber items like that they be shard bound and locked down SO THE WHOLE SHARD can enjoy it.

Instead of one uber rich jerk who'll probably get it deleted. COUGH *CLOPS* COUGH

Oh yeah of course they sell for what a million Plat, Norrie. This game is just like the real world the uber elite that have everything and laugh at us "little people" and us little people that work in their businesses, clean their houses, raise and teach their children.

What we need is a COMMUNE SHARD! All us Hippie players sharing none of this greedy crap. Nothing but LOOOOVE, tie dye and green grass!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna is in charge of the EM program. As the boss the buck stops with -----HER!

I don't think we got a hole. That was the gist of my post. We didn't get a hole because we've had EM issues. Let's review:
No review needed. The holes aren't from the EM program, they are server births from Sept. '09 when Stygian Abyss released.

Neither Mesanna nor any EM had the slightest hint of responsibility for their creation, or their continued existence.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as I know Oceania doesn't have one and I haven't come across one on siege either (not that it would probly work if there was)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, I can't verify this first hand, but, I've been told by someone who had a "hole" and supposedly it only takes you to Navrey's Lair if it's in Ter Mur or Eodon facets (they're technically the same facet).
If the hole had been used in Trammel or Fel it would take you to the equivalent area that navrey is in the underlying facet. (likely in the middle of no where)

Someone who has a "hole" would have to verify this, as the person I was referring to has quit playing roughly a year ago. (I believe he sold his house before he quit @Ter Mur moongate Atlantic.)

*Edit: I just checked that house I was referring too, it now says It's owned by Mesanna.
Oddly enough it's open to the public still though. Hrm :eek:

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a Navrey hole in my trammel castle - it takes you to a spot east of the Yew moongate - pretty much in the middle of the woods

I got both of them at server up on Catskills - knew about it ahead of time from seeing it on someone's front steps on the test shard west of Umbra - went and got both of them as quick as I could when Cats first came up after the publish :)

I keep the extra hole on reserve in case something happens to the house that has the one I sold him in the abyss drops or goes private

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh yeah of course they sell for what a million Plat, Norrie.
The last time I saw one for sale, it's price was 15 platinum.

What Dot Warner said is correct, the holes are not from EM's. They actually were never supposed to exist at all. They were just an accidental server birth from the release of Stygian Abyss which were allowed to stay in the game and were declared legal to own (after a few had been confiscated and deleted already).

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DF has no hole. But
We know the way.

I would Not Like todo the EM Job. It is a ungrateful job.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Navrey hole is an accidental server birth rare for SA. NO ONE is responsible for its existence. It could be that the Legends one simply wasn't picked up. Before you go off on an anger trip blaming folk you should make sure of your facts.
@Kojak , the hole takes you to a specific x-y location on whichever facet it is located. Move the tram one into a Ter Mur house and it will go to Navrey.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The Navrey hole is an accidental server birth rare for SA. NO ONE is responsible for its existence. It could be that the Legends one simply wasn't picked up. Before you go off on an anger trip blaming folk you should make sure of your facts.
@Kojak , the hole takes you to a specific x-y location on whichever facet it is located. Move the tram one into a Ter Mur house and it will go to Navrey.
Well I do agree with the basic premise. If it exists on some shards then they should add a public one to all shards. It would still be a nifty item regardless. Mesanna is the "boss" so if they got out in the wild then it is her responsibility. Just calling it an "accident" doesn't cover a ball dropped by some programmer. Not saying every shard should be a dupe of all the rest, but on a feature like this they should be some consideration.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
the navrey hole is not that convenient unless you really just don't want to run to Navrey. It is a short walk from the entrance.

I could see the allure if you have maybe unbearable lag, but if you had it that bad would you want to hunt at all?

But I do feel maybe they should get a public one maybe in the woods somewhere in Ter Mur that could be gated or recalled to to help address the issue, imo.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd think she would have spun a web over that hole by now to catch anyone trying to sneak in thru the back door.....Lazy spider...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My two cents, all EM Drops should be shard bound, and Blessed. (I have a few from other shards on Sonoma that I won at EM events, but either my wife liked it or no one would pay the price I was asking)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KInd of OT but did anyone ever get to replace the second abyss house?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My two cents, all EM Drops should be shard bound, and Blessed. (I have a few from other shards on Sonoma that I won at EM events, but either my wife liked it or no one would pay the price I was asking)
This has to do with the Navrey Hole how?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This has to do with the Navrey Hole how?
well as pointed out above four were lost when Mesanna took them from Clop, had they been shard bound they would have never been on Atlantic. Then someone said something about drops, a small sentence, and again if the drops were shard bound they would still be on the shard of their birth. If its a unique one of a kind item it should be shard bound.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well as pointed out above four were lost when Mesanna took them from Clop, had they been shard bound they would have never been on Atlantic. Then someone said something about drops, a small sentence, and again if the drops were shard bound they would still be on the shard of their birth. If its a unique one of a kind item it should be shard bound.
Except the Navrey Holes weren't drops....As has been stated a few times already. They were unintended serverbirths from the release of Stygian Abyss.

So drops being shard bound has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I consider navrey hole a server birth and I think they are great but I feel any item that is not supposed to be in game, should or should of been deleted . so many exploits, bugs, mistakes, where people made tons of money and where people that bought them got burned. u don't delete some stuff but not others. this includes pets too some pets get deleted while others didn't. talk about pissed off people. seems like we keep making same mistakes, make things fair.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Navrey holes weren't EM related items. They were an accidental server birth after the launch of UO:SA. (You forgot 2 EMs, by the way - EM Hazel and EM Tiverias :p) If you guys feel like helping update the history of EMs and other staff on Legends, though... Legends - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums :)
I don't remember EM Tiberius or EM Hazel. I have been on Legends since 2001/2002. In fact it was AOL Legends when I started playing. Helios was the first EM with the "NEW" EM Program.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I don't remember EM Tiberius or EM Hazel. I have been on Legends since 2001/2002. In fact it was AOL Legends when I started playing. Helios was the first EM with the "NEW" EM Program.n t
Always possible I have EMs from other shards mixed in there in the wiki; I've not had time to do a deep dive and try to work out the dates and such for Legends EMs. So far, I've only managed to get it done for Balhae, Chessie, Europa, Formosa, Mizuho, Siege, and Wakoku. If anyone from Legends felt like helping fill in any missing staff names, or working out the start/end dates for the EMs (and generally cleaning up the EM list for Legends), I'd be quite appreciative of the help. :)