• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lesser Hiryu for Champ Spawns

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So Chivalry or Bushido?

Bushido has whirlwind.

Chivalry has Enemy of One.

Which one would be more effective?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say Bushido for actually working the spawn, it gives you defensive buffs as well

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Honestly with the way pet ai is working right now it is a crap shoot imo. Personally I am just sticking Armor Ignore/Armor Pierce etc on everything and leaving all the mana draining crap off of it. My straight AI Cu outdamages my Chiv/AI/Cu by a substantial amount over the period it takes to down a Champ and my straight AI Naja out damages the AI Cu by a long shot (would imagine that holds true for the Lesser as well due to not having bleed and heal sucking the mana out of them)... and for me getting the Champ on the ground faster is the goal.

Specifically when it comes to EoO on Cu's.. imo that is a liability on them.. especially at spawns. They seem to love to cast it when surrounded by a few different critters (especially on side 3 & 4) and seldom cast it when they are on the Champ. But, maybe that is just my luck with the ai.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I like the idea of Chiv for the offense, but it has it's downsides with the EOO.

I don't think there are any downsides to Bushido.

I'm thinking Goo, Ai, and Bushido. Can I add all those to a lesser hiryu? It already has grasping claw and dismount on it.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't think you can add all of those, would have to choose between Goo and AI

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm.. not 100% sure but if it could not all fit I think the choice would be between Grasping Claw and AI.. Goo is an area effect, GC and AI are special abilities.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ah. So i should be able to do goo and bushido?

Sent from mTalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the idea of Chiv for the offense, but it has it's downsides with the EOO.

I don't think there are any downsides to Bushido.

I'm thinking Goo, Ai, and Bushido. Can I add all those to a lesser hiryu? It already has grasping claw and dismount on it.

Yup, cant put Goo and AI on.

But they get lots of stuff with Busido and AI. Or Bush and Goo can be done.

upload_2017-6-11_11-8-10.png

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I suppose if i have Bush/whirlwind, the I don't need goo, so AI would be a better choice...

Sent from mTalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suppose if i have Bush/whirlwind, the I don't need goo, so AI would be a better choice...

Sent from mTalk

Get that Lesser trained up. Its still level 2!

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lol. Stalker.

It just bonded this morning. I'm careful because it's a pretty blue color. And I only have a single set of 120 Wrestling / 120 Tactics, and this one gets the upgrade. I just want to make sure i chose wisely.

Sent from mTalk

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Gadzooks. I have a single 120 Wrestling scroll, but wanted to buy a 120 Parry. They're 60 million this morning! I'll never afford that.

Sent from mTalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
lol yeah.. scrolls are outrageous.

I am just popping 110-115 on them atm and keeping plenty of points to 120 them once scrolls go back down or I can snag one I need at a spawn. Of course at this rate it may be 6 months to a year *shrugs*

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
How much do i handicap myself by only going to 110?

Sent from mTalk

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Gadzooks. I have a single 120 Wrestling scroll, but wanted to buy a 120 Parry. They're 60 million this morning! I'll never afford that.
Pity you aren't at Legends or I would give you one for free.
But the offer still stands if you have a way to get the scroll from Legends to your shard cheaply.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If you are talking about points wise... The points are the same as far as I know. You could go 105-110-115-120 and it be the same points as throwing on a 120. I have seen that one post saying at times you could lose a point or three. Which is why I have been saving 200 or so points more than I need. I can always add whatever that 200 points is earmarked for once I top off the scroll.

If you are talking about hit frequency rate etc difference between 110-120.. I am sure someone who is into spreadsheets and number crunching can answer that for you WAYYYY better than I can. I am in the "I just need a meat sheild to chomp on things while I safely cast" end of the pool.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
But the offer still stands if you have a way to get the scroll from Legends to your shard cheaply.
That's quite a kind offer. I'm on Lake Superior. Any chance you can get it to Atlantic?

The offer is kind enough I might cash in a vet reward for a shard transfer shield for Legends.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If you are talking about hit frequency rate etc difference between 110-120.. I am sure someone who is into spreadsheets and number crunching can answer that for you WAYYYY better than I can. I am in the "I just need a meat sheild to chomp on things while I safely cast" end of the pool.
Yeah, it's for a disco tamer, no offense at all, so the pet offense/defense is all I have. I think I've decided on Bushido, not sure if I'm going to add good, and since this will be my primary pet, I hate handicapping it with anything but the best scrolls. I just wondered how much I was giving up if I only had 110 parry and 110 bushido.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Got ya.. I know it made a nice difference getting 120 on my sampire, would imagine pet would be the same.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's quite a kind offer. I'm on Lake Superior. Any chance you can get it to Atlantic?

The offer is kind enough I might cash in a vet reward for a shard transfer shield for Legends.
I can see if any of the people who transfer to ATL from there will do a trip soon. Any other 120 scrolls you would need for this one?
I have stopped doing those for now as I can get most of the stuff I need hunting myself at Legends these days.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can do the transfer but will take 2 days, have to transfer to legends and then to atl :) Forgot to to leave some atl tokens on legends :(

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can do the transfer but will take 2 days, have to transfer to legends and then to atl :) Forgot to to leave some atl tokens on legends :(
Works great for me. :)
I might not be on tonight at Legends, but I will be there tomorrow night for sure.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will transfer someone over from Origin this afternoon with a atl token then :)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's an overwhelming amount of kindness just to help me buff my primary pet, but i think i need to pony up some effort to make this happen. This is worth a vet reward, so I'll select one today and head to Legends myself. :)

Sent from mTalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm waiting for the idiocy to die down in about 5 or 6 months... at present Fel on my shard is a freaking Zoo with Ghost Cams and all set up constantly there is NO doing a spawn there... I was on at 3 am and they are still fel smack talking... sad.

So like several others I've worked my pet up all the way and left the transition from 4>5 full of points so I can do something with them once the BS dies down and prices drop again or I can go to Fel without too much BS again... I'll wait... I'm not paying that kind of money for a scroll ever. Never did before and don't plan to now...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Any other 120 scrolls you would need for this one?
I already have the 120 Wrestling / Tactics / Anatomy, but the other max scrolls I have are Resist 115, Parry 110, Bush 110.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I already have the 120 Wrestling / Tactics / Anatomy, but the other max scrolls I have are Resist 115, Parry 110, Bush 110.
I believe I have 120 of all those. Have to double check resist, but I had 8 of them last I checked.
And bushido I got one this weekend, so you can have it to.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Awesome, Bealank. Not only a wealth of knowledge, but generous, too. :)

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm waiting for the idiocy to die down in about 5 or 6 months... at present Fel on my shard is a freaking Zoo with Ghost Cams and all set up constantly there is NO doing a spawn there... I was on at 3 am and they are still fel smack talking... sad.

So like several others I've worked my pet up all the way and left the transition from 4>5 full of points so I can do something with them once the BS dies down and prices drop again or I can go to Fel without too much BS again... I'll wait... I'm not paying that kind of money for a scroll ever. Never did before and don't plan to now...
I heard some paid groups are monitoring Fel locations and preventing other players to get scrolls. They want to stop the supply and make big money on their sales of scrolls.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, it's for a disco tamer, no offense at all, so the pet offense/defense is all I have. I think I've decided on Bushido, not sure if I'm going to add good, and since this will be my primary pet, I hate handicapping it with anything but the best scrolls. I just wondered how much I was giving up if I only had 110 parry and 110 bushido.
I also have a discord tamer. You should know your character will drop skills and resists so 110 would be perfectly viable.

To me it also doesn't make sense to have 1 primary pet for spawns unless you have 1 spawn you like that has low phy to justify staying with a Hiryu.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I heard some paid groups are monitoring Fel locations and preventing other players to get scrolls. They want to stop the supply and make big money on their sales of scrolls.
Well I can say that they are effectively choking out spawns on my shard at least... even in the dead of night... so yeah. I'll wait. They'll eventually bore and move on.