• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could I get some advice on this?

ZanityD

Visitor
So I've always wanted a warrior in this game but never put the gold or time into one. I was wondering if a classic Paladin would be able to solo any champ spawns, the template I was thinking is

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Anat
120 Healing
120 Parry
120 Chiv

Im just trying to find out if this would be able to do much or if it would just flop..

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can solo almost anything with said template, if you are skilled enough as a player, and have the right gear.
However i would't advice you to use a "classic" paladin, because its too "advanced" for the casual player.
I suggest you start off with a "classic" sampire, and later on advance to other warrior class templates, if you so desire.
Corwins guide is a good starting place and can be found in top of this forum.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would take Kaio's advice - Classic Paladin is difficult if you don't know the game mechanics well and have the right gear.

My suggestion: replace Healing with 100 Necromancy so you can use Vampiric Embrace. Replace Anatomy with Resist Spells. That will help you function quite a bit better at Champ Spawns. It is unadvised to go up against heavy casters with no Resist Spells. Even with 120 Chiv, the Remove Curse spell can't help you much if you are surrounded and paralyzed.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For champ spawns, sampires are preferably.
You can make do with a dragoon, or even outperform a sampire with one, but sampires are more straight forward and simpler to work with.
Carry a fast, 100% elemental, slayer whirlwind weapon like the radiant scimitar, a backup suit with 100% lrc, max mana regen, max hp regen, +20 necro in jewels for those unavoidable moments when you die and need to rez back.
Get good AI or double strike weapons for the champ himself.

And as Merlin said, go with resist spells rather than anatomy.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
a backup suit with 100% lrc, max mana regen, max hp regen, +20 necro in jewels for those unavoidable moments when you die and need to rez back.
I just carry a couple pair of Arcane Boots instead of the suit. Cheaper per death. If regen is going slow I pop some low level critters on my run back to my body.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just carry a couple pair of Arcane Boots instead of the suit. Cheaper per death. If regen is going slow I pop some low level critters on my run back to my body.
An leather LRC suit with regens never run out of charges, though. And at 100 necro, you can fizzle a lot.
So I prefer to carry 8 extra pieces on my backpack that I pop in with a single click that brings me to 120 necro and puts in some regens to get me back to the fray faster.
Insurance is cheap too. :)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So I've always wanted a warrior in this game but never put the gold or time into one. I was wondering if a classic Paladin would be able to solo any champ spawns, the template I was thinking is

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Anat
120 Healing
120 Parry
120 Chiv

Im just trying to find out if this would be able to do much or if it would just flop..
Yes, this would be more than capable of soloing champion spawns, and much more straight forward than trying to understand a sampire when you've never played a dexxer before. Use Radiant Scimitar's for Whirlwind, ideally with Hit Area damage (killing multiple monsters at once speeds up the levelling aspect of spawns), combined with a shield for mods. Use a Longsword or Broadsword for the champ with Armour Ignore.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
a backup suit with 100% lrc, max mana regen, max hp regen, +20 necro in jewels for those unavoidable moments when you die and need to rez back.
Good idea.
You can get 100 LRC with 4 1 stone-weight items. And for that purpose 80-95 as almost as good as 100.
You can also get magery on those jewels (for occasional teleports).

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea.
You can get 100 LRC with 4 1 stone-weight items. And for that purpose 80-95 as almost as good as 100.
You can also get magery on those jewels (for occasional teleports).
I think its a bit overkill.
When i used my sampire alot, i rolled with Pendant Of The Magi + a scrappers with 14% LRC.
Usually it took 3-5 tries to get vamp form up and running.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I carry pendant of magi, stitchers mittens and ring and brace with 20 lrc and +10 necro on each. This gives me 100lrc and 120 necro so 1st time back in vamp form with one easy macro.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think its a bit overkill.
When you play solo and die, you want to get back in the fight as soon as possible. High MR from a back up suit help you. In addition sometimes I switch to MR items when I'm out of mana and have to run away. I also have chivalry on my back up jewels, so I can cure any poison with chivalry spell.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you play solo and die, you want to get back in the fight as soon as possible. High MR from a back up suit help you. In addition sometimes I switch to MR items when I'm out of mana and have to run away. I also have chivalry on my back up jewels, so I can cure any poison with chivalry spell.
I don't have any problems getting back in vamp form by using 2 items, its not like i spend 30 min fizzeling, we are talking about 1-2min top max to get back into vamp form.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I wrote about "get back in the fight" and it's different from "get back into vamp form".
When you fight a some big boss solo usually you want to be already fighting (not just running around in vamp form waiting for hp/mana) in 30 sec after res or faster.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had not thought of adding magery to the jewels to use teleport.
That is quite handy and I will imbue them with it now.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clearly i'm such a nub sampire. And i can understand that iv'e been playing my template so wrong.
Therefor i have added 5 suits, that i carry in my backpack to cover every need i may have, i even added teleport items, invis items, serveral summoning pet balls, and ofcause 5 arcane cloth items.
I am more ready than ever to face the comming back into the fight moment, as i could ever be.
Ty Everyone, you made my backpack filled with junk..err i mean my gaming experience so much batter..
Love u all :heart: :heart:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Ty Everyone, you made my backpack filled with junk
Few additional items (1 stone weight each) doesn't make your backpack filled with junk, so it seems a good idea to check origin of junk in your backpack and throw it away.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few additional items (1 stone weight each) doesn't make your backpack filled with junk, so it seems a good idea to check origin of junk in your backpack and throw it away.
My opinion is that. If you need to carry mana regen suit, extra boots, arcane clothing, and god know how many items, just to get back in the fight.
Then you're playing your char wrong.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
If you need to carry mana regen suit, extra boots, arcane clothing, and god know how many items, just to get back in the fight.
A Sampire need to cast VE to get back in the fight. As I understood from your previous post you use classic method - "extra boots, arcane clothing". Does it mean that "you're playing your char wrong"?
I don't use anything from your list (no second suit, no extra boos, no arcane clothing). Does it mean that I'm playing my char right?

You suggest to use two arcane boots. I suggest to use two jewels. Does replacing two 3 stones weight items with consumable charges (every time you are going to a dungeon you need to check if they have enough charges and may be renew them) by two 1 stone weight items with unlimited using looks for you like filling your backup with junk?
(If someone wants to completely avoid fizzles by getting 100 LMC, he can get two additional items - look DjAd's post in this topic - and total weight of 4 items is still less than weight of two arcane boots)

To get back in fight against a big boss you usually had to wait few minutes for mana. I regenerate mana for healing and other spells (form, protection) few times faster than you. Does it mean I'm playing my char wrong?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Sampire need to cast VE to get back in the fight. As I understood from your previous post you use classic method - "extra boots, arcane clothing". Does it mean that "you're playing your char wrong"?
I don't use anything from your list (no second suit, no extra boos, no arcane clothing). Does it mean that I'm playing my char right?

You suggest to use two arcane boots. I suggest to use two jewels. Does replacing two 3 stones weight items with consumable charges (every time you are going to a dungeon you need to check if they have enough charges and may be renew them) by two 1 stone weight items with unlimited using looks for you like filling your backup with junk?
(If someone wants to completely avoid fizzles by getting 100 LMC, he can get two additional items - look DjAd's post in this topic - and total weight of 4 items is still less than weight of two arcane boots)

To get back in fight against a big boss you usually had to wait few minutes for mana. I regenerate mana for healing and other spells (form, protection) few times faster than you. Does it mean I'm playing my char wrong?
What part is it you dont understand ???
Try reading and understand what im originally saying, and that is__
And please try and _READ_ _AND_ _UDERSTAND_ what i write on the next line.
_I_USE_PENDANT_OF_THE_MAGIC_AND_I_USE_A_SPELL_BOOK_WITH_14%_LRC_TO_GET_BACK_INTO_THE_FIGHT_
Everything else IMHO is a waste of space.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I carry two sets of arcane boots (case I run out of charges on first pair) and the ossiam grimoire to get me back into vamp form

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What part is it you dont understand ???
I'm sorry I forgot your post where you have written that you use a spellbook and and the pedant when I read your post few days later.

I don't see why a book + the pedant is better than a ring + a bracelet. And even more... I can't understand why a book + the pedant is better than, for example, a book + the pedant + jewels... Those additional two items (2 stones total) don't over fill your backpack and add you more MR, magery/chivalry/necro (what you need more).

p.s. I'm really sorry for misunderstanding.