• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help building necro swordsman

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've been thinking about creating a new hybrid necro dexxer template for pvp fun. This is on Siege so the most uber suits are not available to me. I would also like the template to function for some pvm, due to the one character per account rule.

Starting build

120 Swords (primary weapon being 100% fire double axe for Onslaught/DS and also WW in pvm)
90 Tactics
120 Spirit Speak
60 Necro

As I see it this will allow the use of a few good pvp options: Corpse Skin/Onslaught for burst, Pain Spike for a cheap hit on runners, Omen to assist in field fights. Also this will allow 100% wraith form+curse weapon in pvm.

That leaves 330 points, which I am struggling to assign. It seems the major choice is between a Dex based anat/heal build or a higher Int template with perhaps Bushido for an additional healing method. I can stone off a couple of skills between pvm/pvp if necessary.

Any insights on what direction to take would be welcome (even if it's to tell me it's a bad idea)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do onslaught and corpse skin stack in pvp?

I know curse and corpse skin won't stack anymore, so maybe the same rule applies to onslaught...

I have never played a necro dexxer in pvp, so I can't really tell you how viable it is. What I do know works in both pvp and pvm is the samurai:

a possible build would be 120 swords, bushido, tactics, resist, parry the last 120 could be anatomy, healing, chivalry or whatever you like. theoretically you could drop tactics to 60 (allows both special moves) and see if you can use the remaining points for something useful.
get a tier 3 bushido primer for uninteruptable confidence heals, use evasion when in a pinch etc. use a bokuto for pvp (nervestrike, allows potions) and a secondary weapon for other specials.

I am sure there are other possibilities here...

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the reply mate, some good advice.

As I understand it, Onslaught will reduce one of the targets resists based on weapon damage type - so with a Corpse Skin and a 100% fire weapon it should be a decent combo. I can't see why it wouldn't work (I cant get into TC at present for some reason). I imagine an Ornate axe would be pretty devastating for crushing blow as well with this set up.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Try Bushido. Honor increase your damage in PvM and save you some mana on special moves. It also has few special moves, useful for PvM.

Increase Tactics to 100 to get 5% DI bonus.

I don't know about new changes in Taming, but you can get some strong rideable pet. It may be worse to try. It should be more fun than standard anatomy+healing.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would say don't bother with 120 SS, just take it to 100.

There's a number of ways you could go. Mainly I would say they are out of Heal/Anat/Resist/Bushido/Parry/Taming/Animal Lore/Alchemy (Depending on how much pots are used on Siege)

What immediately springs to mind for PvP would be Omen+Nerve Strike, followed with any number of Necro combos, if you increased Necro you could Revenant or Strangle, then stick a Lesser Hiryu on them.

I don't know what most people play PvP wise on Siege but if it's largely dexxers I'd say Bushido/Parry.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have tried a lesser hiryu with bushido... it's going well when I can go without it but die when I really need it.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Necromancer can be kick butt for pvm and PvP. Back in the day I used to run 120 mace, tact, anatomy, heal, necro, ss. You can curse well and get instant life leech to aid bandied healing/vamp form. Wraith form and spam either and whirlwind and never run out of mana, in wraith you can spam armour ignore and in conjunction with curse wep and bandies heal through poison and use ss the heal also. You can summon undead to aid you, and command undead as well. For siege I would say it would be a badass template to try. And as for a suit?? You could run in virtue armour and basic jewels and do well.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive done a 6×120 build with Necro\Warrior for PvM. Without Chivalry it does okay. Just depends on if i want to drag Skeltal Dragons with me.

Since, your playing Siege you might try a necro/ninja.

120 Sword
120 Ninjitsu
120 Bushido
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
90 Tactics

That would leave you 130 points to split between necro & Spirit Speak.

That way you could do a Death Strike/ Nerve Strike combo. Throw a posion Shuriken or finish them off with necro.

If you get in trouble throw a smoke bomb and regroup and hit them again.