• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Unable to Cast Debuff Spells on My Pets

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to train my pet's resisting spells up, but I cannot cast the debuff spells on it. I'm guilded. Told it to guard me. Tried in and out of town, but nothing seems to work.

Any help?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it green or blue

May seem obvious but occasionally my pets will turn blue to me so I can't discord/cast on them.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try doing it in Fel. It should work there.
What exactly is the problem though? Is it not letting cast the spell on them or is the spell not affecting them at all?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how about you stone off eval int? then it will not fizzle anymore (actually it's not a fizzle - the sound simply indicates that it is already debuffed) and you can cast the same debuff over and over until it is at 120...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's because stat-reducing spells don't effect pets anymore if eval's not high enough, it has 0 effect on stamina,hp, mana, though int, str, dex are reduced slightly, they Still gain resist skill from it being casted on them though, despite the spell "fizzling".

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's because stat-reducing spells don't effect pets anymore if eval's not high enough, it has 0 effect on stamina,hp, mana, though int, str, dex are reduced slightly, they Still gain resist skill from it being casted on them though, despite the spell "fizzling".
So when i hear the spell fizzle, the pet still gets struck by the spell, and resisting spells will go up?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got resist spells gains easily enough just parking my pet in the small orc fort next to the mining caves on the Umbra/Luna road (though any of those forts in Malas would work), and let it go to town on the occupants. The orc shamans didn't last long, but they came along quick enough. That's and training up the other skills against crazed mages got a lot of RS gains.