• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

R.I.P. Tamar Tephi

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
For those that knew Tamar or anyone who can give me advise on how to get a memorial set for Tamar would you please contact me. I returned to UO last year this very week , in hopes to visit a memorial for my friend on UO that died when I left UO, some 5 or 6 years ago. Was hard to want to continue and real life had caught up with me at that point. I also lost my Mother , anyway back to the point, no grave in actual game was there for Tamar, I spoke to many over the last year about it including her real life friend , and that's very hard thing to do , to bring up hurts. I have written to Messana but is there anything else I can do ?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those that knew Tamar or anyone who can give me advise on how to get a memorial set for Tamar would you please contact me. I returned to UO last year this very week , in hopes to visit a memorial for my friend on UO that died when I left UO, some 5 or 6 years ago. Was hard to want to continue and real life had caught up with me at that point. I also lost my Mother , anyway back to the point, no grave in actual game was there for Tamar, I spoke to many over the last year about it including her real life friend , and that's very hard thing to do , to bring up hurts. I have written to Messana but is there anything else I can do ?
Contact your EM

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok email sent to EM, will wait patiently. I have spoke to a few people in game that showed me several memorial places, in fact one near my home by Cove. I also know where I feel it should be, that will be tricky if there is a service but Yew Gate in Fel or near. I feel its where she would have wanted it. Anyone that knew her let me know what you think? It would be nice to hear from those of you who knew her....

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Got an answer to my email.....and its looking like it will finally happen so to those who knew her There will be a memorial.....One friend thought it should be placed near the Fel Yew Gate by the Water......I would like your opinions

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where did she play the most, Fel/Tram? What was her largest passion in UO, PvP/PvM/Crafter? Did she have a house in a spot that meant something special to her. You said a friend, hers or yours, said near Fel Yew Gate but never stated why. It appears that this is very important to you and you would like to be able to see it in your adventures so where would you like it? Where ever you place it make the design fit her personality/play style.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I met Tamar several years before she died , we were in several PVP guilds together,,,,at that time her passion was running with PVPers and was always at YEW Gate FEL
However her earlier years I do not know what she liked, but having a Memorial at Yew Gate is going to be Chaos

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't think of any one place she like more than another. She participated in many things. She didn't care how many times she lost her items, had her house looted, or her character being rez-killed. She just wanted the drama, the participation, the instigation. Essentially the social interaction. Anywhere near Yew gate would be appropriate. The water spot you mentioned would be good. Barracoon spawn would be problematic.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have heard however her Real life Friend (which I have spoke to briefly, once) has her account and her old house he leaves up as somewhat a memorial ....will this affect having this done what I am trying to accomplish?

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Her houses fell. I saw it with my own eyes. She was helping someone get established on the server at the time and removed anyone else as co-owner, except the person she was helping, with the intention of adding people back later. She wanted her items to be given to new players who might have need. However, she forgot she removed people from access and the items were carted off by scavengers when her houses fell.

As to her accounts, when she allowed someone use of her characters many years ago, they deleted all of her characters after many lies and collusions. I was on Skype with her when she was in Vent and phone with those people. I gave her an account to use. She made her Columbia character on that account from the characters in that account. Of course, not long after, EA created the master account fiasco. She added both accounts to her master account. She said the password for the master account and her account with her characters were the same. They are not. The only time I can log onto that account is when Broadsword has a Back-to-Brit event. So, if you would need access, that is the only time possible short of that EA master account connection being severed.

I am not sure if this answers your question. I probably rambled too much because I can be an angry person...... I am almost kidding........ almost....

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Her houses fell. I saw it with my own eyes. She was helping someone get established on the server at the time and removed anyone else as co-owner, except the person she was helping, with the intention of adding people back later. She wanted her items to be given to new players who might have need. However, she forgot she removed people from access and the items were carted off by scavengers when her houses fell.

As to her accounts, when she allowed someone use of her characters many years ago, they deleted all of her characters after many lies and collusions. I was on Skype with her when she was in Vent and phone with those people. I gave her an account to use. She made her Columbia character on that account from the characters in that account. Of course, not long after, EA created the master account fiasco. She added both accounts to her master account. She said the password for the master account and her account with her characters were the same. They are not. The only time I can log onto that account is when Broadsword has a Back-to-Brit event. So, if you would need access, that is the only time possible short of that EA master account connection being severed.

I am not sure if this answers your question. I probably rambled too much because I can be an angry person...... I am almost kidding........ almost....
Well I hope I am not angering you about this.....Do you not want me to work at trying to get her a Memorial? ....What I was talking about is there is a keep in Tram owned by Illyria wasn't that one of her characters? (BTW I Loved Tamar I am doing this because she deserves a Memorial IMO) and I hope you agree

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not angry. I was joking about one of the references I made. I try not to take conversations that way but the game is almost twenty years old. Too much has happened in the name of pixels, I guess.

Tamar did have an old character named Illyria. However, the house you see with that name is not the same character or person.

The actual date was 5/21/12.

If 'Shep?' was aimed at me, no I am not him. He was a bit of a d.b. Took Tamar's help then ignored her when it was convenient. I was not part of the pvp swarm group. I didn't really pvp. Too much cheating and lies turned me off. When I first started UO, I did pvp with a friend. He was in early SX, although I was not. They didn't cheat nearly as much as the people who accused them of cheating. It was a fun time because the game was fairly newish. I met Tamar in game during the original Treasures of Tokuno. The Fan Dancer Dojo was a wild place. She had a habit of going afk while in the Dojo. I used to resurrect her constantly.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm not angry. I was joking about one of the references I made. I try not to take conversations that way but the game is almost twenty years old. Too much has happened in the name of pixels, I guess.

Tamar did have an old character named Illyria. However, the house you see with that name is not the same character or person.

If 'Shep?' was aimed at me, no I am not him. He was a bit of a d.b. Took Tamar's help then ignored her when it was convenient. I was not part of the pvp swarm group. I didn't really pvp. Too much cheating and lies turned me off. When I first started UO, I did pvp with a friend. He was in early SX, although I was not. They didn't cheat nearly as much as the people who accused them of cheating. It was a fun time because the game was fairly newish. I met Tamar in game during the original Treasures of Tokuno. The Fan Dancer Dojo was a wild place. She had a habit of going afk while in the Dojo. I used to resurrect her constantly.
OMG I remember her talking about that the going afk in the Dojo and somebody Rezing her all the time...Oh goodness so many years ago I forget the name she said. Well nice meeting you on Stratics. I have a character still in EGO and if I recall many of her Characters are still in EGO, they also have a Memorial for her on their roof in Luna, when I started this they did take the Manequin down ....they have a fel Village that is huge and adorable....very inspiring to see...I need to send in my request so I must decide where this should be placed, placing it at Yew Gate means itd be tough for many to go see it and then theres (as you said , those that disrespected her running around there) so I almost feel near the EGO Village if I can catch them online to see what they think

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok I got a message from EM and we are waiting for Messana to finialize it but I believe this is the grave, just not marked yet ....I could be wrong but its about the location EM told me he was thinking about................ upload_2017-4-25_12-40-41.png upload_2017-4-25_12-40-41.png

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew Tamar relatively well and she was in my old guild for some time.

Some drama happened which some of you may remember...long story short I was not very nice to her and she was booted. it wasn't too long after this that I was on hiatus from game for several years (I was already semi-inactive at the time).

When I came back to game and heard about her death I was devastated, partly because I'd been such a jerk to her =(

She definitely loved Fel, and more often than not was at the yew moongate...usually dying but hey, heh.

On a side-note, if this happens and anyone who knew her RL (or how to contact any of her friends/family/loved ones), I'm sure they would be thrilled to know that she has been memorialized in the game. Especially since, as we know, UO is/was much more than just a game for so many of us...Tamar included from what I can remember.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Shep wasn't in SX. He was in the guild that ended up becoming "SEX" (gms then made them change it to SX). I forget the abbreviation of the guild...eTf maybe? That was before Fudd and Goose and LC had whatever drama happen that led to SX forming.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I knew Tamar relatively well and she was in my old guild for some time.

Some drama happened which some of you may remember...long story short I was not very nice to her and she was booted. it wasn't too long after this that I was on hiatus from game for several years (I was already semi-inactive at the time).

When I came back to game and heard about her death I was devastated, partly because I'd been such a jerk to her =(

She definitely loved Fel, and more often than not was at the yew moongate...usually dying but hey, heh.

On a side-note, if this happens and anyone who knew her RL (or how to contact any of her friends/family/loved ones), I'm sure they would be thrilled to know that she has been memorialized in the game. Especially since, as we know, UO is/was much more than just a game for so many of us...Tamar included from what I can remember.
Cutter , I am hoping that is going to be the spot,,,,its pretty and I can remember so many times her gating me to Yew roof to see a Duel....(just the fact its close to Fel yew gate I think would make her happy) ...........Tamar was a very forgiving Lady so whatever you think about being rude or mean to her ,,,ya gotta know she would have overlooked it and been your best friend again,,,,BTW I met her when I joined your Guild ,,(and yes she LOVED DRAMA) I think the Drama Fueled her to keep trying.....I miss her

Last edited:

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shep wasn't in SX. He was in the guild that ended up becoming "SEX" (gms then made them change it to SX). I forget the abbreviation of the guild...eTf maybe? That was before Fudd and Goose and LC had whatever drama happen that led to SX forming.
I never said Shep was in SX. If you are referring to my post, please reread. I was talking about a RL friend. I was jumping around a lot in my post. My RL friend used to live above the place I worked and brought his lap top down and I would watch him play. For kicks, he took me to Barracoon to show me what a spawn was, knowing we would get raided by 50 DB4 because it was at a popular time of the day. We did get raided but I still got a 120 taming somehow. That was my first PvP experience in the game at that time. It was quite the introduction. Of course, that does't mean much now that the game has been mostly ignored by EA.

Tamar didn't think bad towards you for kicking her out of the guild no matter how much I told her she should. She didn't really take the game that serious. She did pretend that she took it too serious at times.

Don't bother trying to contact her family. Her immediate family are all gone. Her great aunt and cousins she didn't think well of. I won't say why. I doubt they would care or understand. They would only want to know if they could capitalize from it.

...I could be wrong but its about the location EM told me he.....
I could be wrong, but the picture you showed was an EM even. That grave was from a story event. The leader died in a fight so that they could introduce the new king. Its been a while.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok well not sure exact location but the letter did say behind bank on a peninsula in fel so just start watching in game , he did say it was far enough from gate it wouldn't be to awfully bad of getting PK'd

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok well not sure exact location but the letter did say behind bank on a peninsula in fel so just start watching in game , he did say it was far enough from gate it wouldn't be to awfully bad of getting PK'd
Now that you mentioned it, the event may have only been in Tram. The one you show may be something. Although the Blackthorn Castle is in both. I think the lady administrator was sacrificed so Blackthorn could be king? It was a few years back. I guess we'll see.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok inside this thread is a lot of old friends and I just ran into one in game tonight and hopefully if you check Stratics you will see this I forgot to tell you about it earlier ...but was Great to see you Raul .....and I wish you would come back and play UO again (but practice that English hehehe)