• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming back after many years

I've been away from the game for about 10 years now, I often think about the game and miss it. I finally gave in and made a new account last night. Couldn't remember any of my account emails or login info so I am starting fresh!!! A lot to learn again but so much is still the same. I don't remember last shard I played on so figured I would start on the most populated, Atlantic. I purchases the time of legends last night but still waiting on an email, just really want to get in and start building. Anyways... if anyone remembers me from other shards lets hook back up, made a lot of good friends when played and some still irl. Chars I used to play were Bubbles, Seduction, Antzy Pantz and thats all i remember which I believe when I quit were all red! What does everyone use for communication? ICQ still ???

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Welcome back.

Atlantic is still the most popular shard. If you're looking for larger groups to play with, that's where you will want to start.

People are still using ICQ for messaging, but a lot of people use other Voice Servers for group play, whether it's Discord, TeamSpeak, Mumble and so on..

Don't be afraid to post up any questions or comments here... not sure when you left, but this game seems to always be changing and have a lot of new content to learn. If you're looking for a group to play with, don't be shy to give me a holler.

Good luck!

Thanks Merlin! I was away for about 10 years and yeah a lot has changed but so much is still the same. Someone was very generous to donate 10m to me last night which has helped. I made a mage so far but waiting to get email for my time of legends download, don't want to get to far in training before I see what all is new. So, just kinda been being a noob running around killing skeletons! I will download ICQ sure wish I could remember my old number, then Id have some familiar names :)

I've been away from the game for about 10 years now, I often think about the game and miss it. I finally gave in and made a new account last night. Couldn't remember any of my account emails or login info so I am starting fresh!!! A lot to learn again but so much is still the same. I don't remember last shard I played on so figured I would start on the most populated, Atlantic. I purchases the time of legends last night but still waiting on an email, just really want to get in and start building. Anyways... if anyone remembers me from other shards lets hook back up, made a lot of good friends when played and some still irl. Chars I used to play were Bubbles, Seduction, Antzy Pantz and thats all i remember which I believe when I quit were all red! What does everyone use for communication? ICQ still ???
I'm in a similar boat to you, Bubbles. Toyed with unofficial servers; had fun, but ended up back here at least for the rest of the year before deciding to stay or go. My oldest account was a no-go, so kind of starting from scratch. Atlantic is the best choice to not have to solo all the time. Send me a message on ICQ 57672099 when you get it going and good luck getting re-familiarized :)

-Justin

Thank you. I got my Time of Legends today and I figured by purchasing that I would have all the expansions up to it and it seems I don't. So I guess I have to buy more? So confusing....

Exodus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I got my Time of Legends today and I figured by purchasing that I would have all the expansions up to it and it seems I don't. So I guess I have to buy more? So confusing....
So, when did you stop playing? Just after the Age of Shadows expansion? You may have to purchase all the expansions from when you stopped until now to unlock all the content

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@BubblesThinkingComingBack & @BluNtMaN[ATL],

Bubbles, glad to see another old timer coming back, like you I had been away for about 8+ years. @Merlin was a good with questions as well as a couple of other members of the guild they are in (UWF). In the end I decided to join their guild, which is a PVE guild, but some members do PVP on other chars. For me it was the right choice, the members of the guild are very friendly and helpfull with build types and what type of armour I need., etc. The nice thing about UWF is that they are the largest guild on Atlantic, so a lot of people to chat with and ask questions to. They also do hunts pretty much every night where you can get some good loot, which means armour & weapon pieces to get better gear from. Sorry that this seems like an advertisement for them, but they really helped me out a lot.

Bluntman, What's good in game? Depends on what you do. I'm primarily a crafter type person and there are new recipes to learn, and for the Bulk Order Deeds (BODs) they recently changed it from Tailoring and Smithing olny and added Cooking, Tinkering, Alchemy, Carpentry, Fletching and Inscription. So that is cool. If you're into fighting well Doom just got a revamp, so its worth checking out. Lots of stuff to hunt, do champ spawns, etc. If you're a tamer there are huge things changing right now. For better or worse, I guess that depends on your point of view. I know a few people are set to quit over it, but others seem to like it. I'm not a tamer, so I have no skin in that game, so I'm not the best person to give info on it. If you're into PVP it does seem that is pretty active as well.

For both of you if I can help out in some ways let me know. I can be reached at 691986903.

Glad to see old players coming back.