• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweaving spell drops Problem.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only on stratics will someone quote what you say and try to use it as evidence of the exact opposite. "You said IMHO, well why are you acting like it's more than just your opinion?!"

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> consistent aversion to change
Okay, Merlin, then you should have been averse to the change which reduced the drop frequency of these items.

I spent a couple of hours over last night and this morning bashing trogs, swoops, Miasma, and Chiikahaha The Toothed. Result: ONE spellweaving scroll. The drop rate did not used to be this low.

I strongly suspect a member of the Dev team has a gambling problem, and he or she is being allowed to set frequency of drops.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wish he had an aversion to change whenever they changed T-chest loot to be not worth a crap-in spite of denials, it has been lowered in quality, even if it was accidently.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Okay, Merlin, then you should have been averse to the change which reduced the drop frequency of these items.

I spent a couple of hours over last night and this morning bashing trogs, swoops, Miasma, and Chiikahaha The Toothed. Result: ONE spellweaving scroll. The drop rate did not used to be this low.
I suspect that's just the RNG. I got three out of four Dread horns this past weekend.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I strongly suspect a member of the Dev team has a gambling problem, and he or she is being allowed to set frequency of drops.
I agree with Merlin, that's just RNG. Admittedly, it's been a while since I've bashed trogs- maybe I'll get on this weekend for a couple of hours and try it.

I kill Melisande with my wife and usually get a couple of scrolls off her.

If you need scrolls and are having that much of an issue, just let me know your shard and which ones you need, and I'll see about getting them to you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's the RNG for sure... however it's also the way the game is... some folk get things very easily... My experience is that your account is either given a positive or a negative value when it comes to the RNG... if it's positive (this is very rare).... you are more likely to get stuff... if it's negative (like mine surely is)... you almost never get stuff..... no matter how "easy" or difficult it is supposed to be and some are "neutral" ... these people are average and get things ok with a bit of effort...

Obviously you are like me and are in the negative category... Now people may argue this all they like but the evidence is clear as day to me. I know someone who has such a high positive value for his account that it is downright sickening... The only one I know who would consistently get drops from Doom and also the ONLY person I know to have gotten 2 Ornies back to back off of 2 back to back dark fathers... within 10 min of entering Doom... He always got stuff... be it rare hair dyes or crimson cinctures... Didn't matter if it was a Taming mask of the Travisty or what have you he got it. Meanwhile a few of the others in the guild would occasionally get a drop while I did not. Thousands of Doom runs later just before they changed the drop system to be something that guarantees you eventually get something I finally get my first drop.... and it's a freaking Dragon Lance... total garbage... but that is "my" experience with the RNG.

Long time ago I remember the DEVs made comments about the broken nature of the RNG and one of them was working to fix it..... Then EA decided to uproot the DEVs again and fire a boat load of them and it was never mentioned again and I'm fairly certain it was never fixed.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So we're just making up imaginary game mechanics in our heads now, huh?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So we're just making up imaginary game mechanics in our heads now, huh?
IDK, it's a longstanding UO myth. We had LMC-bugged chars, so I wouldn't be too quick dismissing RNG-bugged chars.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You explain to me if it is NOT a myth why there are folk like the one I knew...

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this was mentioned. Didn't see it but could have missed it.

Prism of Light, 2nd room with all the crystal demons... they drop weaving scrolls like mad.
Lowest resistance is fire so use a dexer with a high damage 100% fire demon slayer weapon.

I use a 100% fire demon slayer double axe with mana leech, stamina leech and spam double strike.
Throw fireball on it if u can and they drop in 1 hit sometimes, 2 hits max.
You can kill them so fast you'll have trouble looting all the corpses and end up w/ a bunch of weaving scrolls.
Collect the crystal shards to make gorgon lens and its extra money in the bank.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the rate is now about 1-in-50 for all the non-Peerless. Thou'lt spend about three weeks trying to fill thy spellweaving spellbook, or mayhaps less time an' thou dost trade with others attempting to fill theirs.

I wonder if the rate was halved at about the same time that the rate of getting Minax items from the Blackthorn basement evil mages was halved.