• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC Resource Gathering

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I really love the resource gathering macro in the EC client. However, if I'm standing between 4 trees, it will only harvest wood from one of them. Likewise, if I'm standing alongside of Mount and it only mines or from one spot.

Is there a better way to set up a resource gathering macro?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've not done that much, but never had that issue unless I was standing near the middle of one of the 8x8 resource squares instead of near an edge.

Are you sure you're near the border of a resource square? Or are you assuming incorrectly that just because there's 4 tree graphically shown in an area, that they are different resources?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm pretty sure it is just one tree. For instance, when you are chopping away at a single tree, how many chops do you get? Maybe 10?. So if I'm standing in between 4 trees. I'm still only getting 10 chops in a single type of wood instead of 40. I have to run have a screw no way before I start chopping additional wood.

As an aside, my voice recognition translated "run half a screen away" as "run have a screw no way .". Funny.

Sent from mTalk

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
With trees, just because there is a different graphical tree, doesn't mean it gets more wood. Trees spawn logs in the same 8x8 pattern as ore, so if all 4 trees are within the same 8x8 resource region, you'll get only 1 set of 10 - 20 whacks.

I've never tried with the EC resource gathering macros though. I have some spots where I have runes marked the the intersection of 4 8x8s in the middle of some mines, so maybe I will give it a try.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I know the EC default macro is missing resources but I can target the individual trees manually and gather the missing resources.