• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying copies of player-written books or access to libraries

Qurant

Visitor
Hello, all.

I'm just returning to Ultima Online and the Europa shard after a decade-long absence. During the height of my game-play I kept an in-game library that stored my guild's writings, as well as other pieces of interest from across the shard. That library long ago slipped into collapse, and the contents lost.

Now that I've returned, I'd like to recreate that experience, except in a more public venue. I hope to open a public library in-game, filled with the literary works of the Europa shard written through the years. In addition to an in-game repository, I intend to copy as much of the player-written material as I can into a RL digital format accessible through the internet. The players I met, and roleplay experiences I had with them, on the Europa shard meant so much to me, and I'd like to to try to preserve as much of Europa's RP history as I can.

Which brings me to my request. I'd like to offer in-game currency in exchange for copies of your player-written books, or in lieu of the work involved, access to your player library. Feel free to post here to contact me, but I'd request discussions regarding payment be done through private message. I'm still trying to recover my old ICQ account, and when I do I'll post the UIN here.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Qurant L'Korith, Lord Father of the Clan V'Lorea, Kindred of the Spectral Court.

Last edited:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will make copies of my personal poetry collection i wrote over the years to enter RP poetry contests etc with and give them to you in game at some point :).

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, all.

I'm just returning to Ultima Online and the Europa shard after a decade-long absence. During the height of my game-play I kept an in-game library that stored my guild's writings, as well as other pieces of interest from across the shard. That library long ago slipped into collapse, and the contents lost.

Now that I've returned, I'd like to recreate that experience, except in a more public venue. I hope to open a public library in-game, filled with the literary works of the Europa shard written through the years. In addition to an in-game repository, I intend to copy as much of the player-written material as I can into a RL digital format accessible through the internet. The players I met, and roleplay experiences I had with them, on the Europa shard meant so much to me, and I'd like to to try to preserve as much of Europa's RP history as I can.

Which brings me to my request. I'd like to offer gold, or even real life cash, in exchange for copies of your player-written books, or in lieu of the work involved, access to your player library. Feel free to post here to contact me, but I'd request discussions regarding payment be done through private message. I'm still trying to recover my old ICQ account, and when I do I'll post the UIN here.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Qurant L'Korith, Lord Father of the Clan V'Lorea, Kindred of the Spectral Court.
Well bless my soul I remember you Qurant. Sadly as far as I know all of S-C left UO years ago. There was an IRC channel for discussions via stratics for some time as well. The library at Naeloth was still standing a few years ago and I am sure Aly and Garod have their stuff stored away safely. The Shadow Court moved to a village in Malas called Rhovanion and most of us left the game but Muldran's library may still be standing. There is also the Dreamstone Library in Felucca and Spiritwood Library in Trammel My library is inherited from the Dark Cloaks and contains much stuff that I need to find a way to archive and seal the books with red leaves. More to come as I remember it.

The Shadow Court

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not have a library but I do have a few copies of books I have come across over time. I also have one I wrote one myself after Casca's Army of deamons invaded Trinsic. Once you are in game I can show you what I have and you are welcome to make copies if you wish.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'll all be about Bears ..... :coco:

Hahaha there actually is one about bears called 'Fury of Fur', Here it is just for you Barian :).

Some big, some small,
But yet all stand tall.
With many colours in sight,
Brown, black and white.

Scattered across the landscapes of Sosaria,
These mighty beasts show no fear,
Surviving harsh climates without any gear.

From climbing the snowy mountain peaks,
To foraging the forest floors for grubs to eat.
These creatures make many places their beds,
Sometimes even on peoples' heads.

Incase you know not yet of what beast I speak,
I talk of ones with claws on their feet;
With furry hides and sharp teeth to eat.

Bears afterall are such brave creatures,
With many inspirational features.

Qurant

Visitor
Well bless my soul I remember you Qurant.
Hello, Callum! Good to see an old ERPA/CoRE name on my screen once again; I really do miss those days.

Sadly as far as I know all of S-C left UO years ago. There was an IRC channel for discussions via stratics for some time as well.
I've haphazardly stayed in touch with Ra'Karn through the years, but haven't spoken to the others in so long. I haven't had a moment to check the old Stratics #Sanctium channel for signs of life, which I should definitely do this weekend.

The library at Naeloth was still standing a few years ago and I am sure Aly and Garod have their stuff stored away safely.
Nothing of Naeloth or Sanctium still stands, unfortunately, and getting in touch with Garod might be an issue as he and I never really got along due to my association with the S-C. Maybe time does heal all wounds, though.

The Shadow Court moved to a village in Malas called Rhovanion and most of us left the game but Muldran's library may still be standing. There is also the Dreamstone Library in Felucca and Spiritwood Library in Trammel My library is inherited from the Dark Cloaks and contains much stuff that I need to find a way to archive and seal the books with red leaves. More to come as I remember it.

The Shadow Court
If you need help archiving, give me a shout!

Qurant

Visitor
I do not have a library but I do have a few copies of books I have come across over time. I also have one I wrote one myself after Casca's Army of deamons invaded Trinsic. Once you are in game I can show you what I have and you are welcome to make copies if you wish.
That'd be awesome, thank you so much! I'll keep an eye open for you in-game!

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have a copy of Jonathen's "Advanced Mining Tools" (written shortly after the BOD rewards were introduced) which you're welcome to :)

[edit - realised after posting that the character who wrote it is also my forum name - I don't usually refer to myself in the third person!]

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That'd be awesome, thank you so much! I'll keep an eye open for you in-game!
I have checked and collected those I have and put them in a pack. Every day on Europa I go to the Brit Bank Daily meeting and usually arrive about 6.30. My character there is Whispering Green. hope to see you there one day.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deepwater Library (formerly Deepwater Mall, south across the the bay from Justice shrine in Felucca) remains open to all visitors. While the majority of the building has been converted for use as a private dwelling, the library on the second floor remains as it was when it was owned by Elv'eng.

I hope you find it useful !

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish that someday soon the powers that be will allow us to copy locked down books, so much has been lost because of this oversight :(

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish that someday soon the powers that be will allow us to copy locked down books, so much has been lost because of this oversight :(
Turn up to a Meet_&_Greet and request it. That's what they're for.

:Begging:

I'll try to remember for the next one ... :scholar:

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My library is inherited from the Dark Cloaks and contains much stuff that I need to find a way to archive and seal the books with red leaves. More to come as I remember it.
Where is your library Callum? I would love to have a peep at it.

I have been wandering all over the place using my old runebooks from back in the day. Sadly, Dreamstone, Naeloth, Rhovanion..they are long gone. *sniffs*

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is your library Callum? I would love to have a peep at it.

I have been wandering all over the place using my old runebooks from back in the day. Sadly, Dreamstone, Naeloth, Rhovanion..they are long gone. *sniffs*
Its not open to the public at the moment as I need to red leaf the whole collection. I cant believe Garod and Aly would let their library collection fall. I reckon it must be hidden in one of their grandfathered houses which are kept secret and only they have access to them. I once spent a real life four hours searching for one of them [its in Felucca], finally found it then realised it was owner only access :)

Slam-ODR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a lot of Player written books, let me count them...ok it´s 200+
- Lot of Britannian News Network books or books related to BNN.
- A guy named Morutar wrote 42 books about UO/Ultima history and all UO characters.
- Tons of other books from guilds and single Players.

You can have them all if you want.
ICQ 676129661