• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This sucks

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This must be a bug. I was forging metal with my blacksmith when I had a graphical glitch meaning the container I was putting the items in vanished of screen. I logged out and back in and now its gone. All my equipment everything gone. This is the sort of thing that makes me not want to bother playing. I only came back yesterday after absence of 12 years and now everything I had spent so long working on is gone. Not only that but anniversary items I had I had placed in there too

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It was unlocked whilst I was rearranging its contents then it glitched. Logged out and back in and it was gone. How can it just vanish????

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a thought - you checked your moving crate?. Sure seems odd

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This must be a bug. I was forging metal with my blacksmith when I had a graphical glitch meaning the container I was putting the items in vanished of screen. I logged out and back in and now its gone. All my equipment everything gone. This is the sort of thing that makes me not want to bother playing. I only came back yesterday after absence of 12 years and now everything I had spent so long working on is gone. Not only that but anniversary items I had I had placed in there too
Was it in a private house? Because if it was a public house and unlocked, a hidden thief could have taken it if it didn't weigh too much.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It weighed far too much to carry plus my house has had no visitors according to the info on it so its impossible to have been stolen

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it hidden under something else?

Seems strange.

Best use a Secured container next time.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It was a secured container - I had only unlocked it whilst I was moving stuff in and out of it and a glitch made me lose it. Annoying bug if you ask me. Bit pissed at losing anniversary gifts from the years though

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kinda conatiner was it, somethings will deacy very fast so you need to be carefull.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A graphical glitch threw it off screen? you couldn't see the container in the house? I realise an opened bag graphic can get thrown off screen - you can usually fix that by temporarily changing the ui scale in EC - but the actual chest in the house should still be visible?

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I literally logged off and back on and it was gone. I dont know how it can decay that fast. My forge doesnt show up half the time as it should but its still there. Just a bit annoyed at losing anniversary gifts. The ingots are easy to get back as are runes and scrolls

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
List as best you can what you lost. We might be able to replace some of it.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Anniversary gifts since 2003 are what im more upset at losing. Not worried about all the crap i hoard or the ingots etc. Its the stuff that I can not replace im upset about.

I had made the decision this time when I returned that I would stay in the game so transferred stuff from the bank to my house. Silly me lol. Ive lost plenty of stuff before as I originally left the game in 2003 but came back and left again. It was nice each time I came back as I received anniversary gifts. Latest one I got was the stone bar and its the storage part of that that glitched. All the rest of the stuff was in the bag in the storage. Other years anniversary stuff I had moved from the bank into there too. I had deceided this time to be more organised. I guess thats what happens when you try to be tidy lol

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make sure that downloaded all the new patches that they worked correctly this can cause some problems in seeing things in the game. Does not sound like this was a problem but good to double check for future problems. I'm sure the players on Europa will help you are were a pretty friendly group of players.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give us a list of what you lost Morbeous ... I'll bet we can find some spares ... :grin:

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for your kind offer but I will get over it. Its only the anniversary gifts really I will miss as they are something you cant get back again. Everything else is replaceable with time and gold

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like the man said! 'Give us a list' I for one have quite a bit of spare stuff including anniversary items.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well I have lost every anniversary item given out since 2003. ( I knew I should have left them in the bank but I was going to take a good look through them and maybe use some in the house as obviously my house from last time I played no longer exits)
a batch of recall scrolls, mark scrolls, blank scrolls, recall runes, some charged rune books, bag of reagents, 200 ingots I had made that day. Some junk weapons and armour that i was going to smelt so they are no big loss.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny you should say that
I happen to have a spare one of those too. Whispering will catch you at the meeting.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if it's relevant but many, many years ago (2000-2001 maybe) I bought a small house by Yew moongate from an enterprising murderer. Once the trade was complete I set about redecorating my new property. The previous owner, Killah God II, had left an abattoir on the floor of the place so I promptly destroyed it. Low and behold underneath this house add-on was a pile of 15,000 gold coins. They were not locked down but they had somehow survived their loss by the original owner.

I was just wondering whether the container you lost could have been resigned to a similar fate...? Maybe it's beneath a home decoration or perhaps even the foundations...?

Completely a shot in the dark of course, just thought I'd mention it. Glad to hear Europa's sterling community has come to your aid.