• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

teleporting

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
can anyone tell me why I fail on teleporting sometimes(cant see that spot ect), while others never do. they teleport faster than I can run. what am I doing wrong/ or need to do?

cc client, mostly when fighting people. magery tele. its just sometimes I fail and others seem to never fail. I do have uo assist. thanks

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A little more info would be useful. Teleporting in or outside of dungeons? Teleporting using magery or ninja (shadow jump?)? Teleporting in PvP or PvM? Which client? Anything else more specific would help.

In Tram there are some dungeon that do not allow teleporting. In Fel most dungeons allow teleporting yet in some spots its disabled.

Teleporting close to houses is disabled in all lands/faucets. I believe teleporting works much like house placement. You must be at least 3 spaces off the east/west sides and 3 or 4 spaces off the south/north sides.

In PvP using UOA you can set up macros for teleporting if you get dismounted. Mine are the arrow keys(N/S/E/W). I record a teleport 7 (maybe 6? I forget) spaces in a straight line then set it for "target relative". I can teleport off any direction in a straight line pretty quickly if I time hitting the key right so not to overcast or miscast.

Not sure if this can be done in the EC but I do know there are also scripts set up for this (many PvPers use them). In PvP some players use client mods that remove trees so they have clear lines of sight and never miss clicking the ground (as trees can get in the way).

There are many reasons for this depending on play styles and macro setup. Without more info it would be hard to determine exactly why you seem to have this problem and even with more info, it will prob be just as difficult ;)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has slowly increased over the years and it's quite annoying
Yea, its annoying as HELL that every time I turn around someone is removing teleport in areas OR blocking recall runes:yell:.
Many runes in my personal collection of "Oddities" (spots in UO) are now blocked. Lamesauce:lame:.

@Lord Arm - hope it helps. If your using UOA its either 6 or 7 space max that u can set the macro. Test it (since I forget)
and record it for the farthest distance then make it "target relative". It works pretty good once u get the timing down.
There are other ways to do this that are faster but this is the only "Legal" way that I know, so its what I use :)

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone tell me why I fail on teleporting sometimes(cant see that spot ect), while others never do. they teleport faster than I can run. what am I doing wrong/ or need to do?

cc client, mostly when fighting people. magery tele. its just sometimes I fail and others seem to never fail. I do have uo assist. thanks
Spell interruption? When they hit you as you cast, it won't cast. Of course, I am sure you know that.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I found out whats up. someone told me what others are using. I wont be able to do but thanks all. u can guess, ive should of known.