• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 1 Time of legends

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 - (Reply to why all the hate on rich people) Because this game is about being smart and it should be equal. Someone should not win because they have a suit with 5,000 properties and perfect 20 lmc, 3 cf, 5 str, 5 dex, 10 stam, 10 mana, 10 lmc, 15 dmg eater, 99 resist pieces that they paid 175m for each. I'm sure that price will now go up significantly.

2 - I IDOC too... and have gotten about 600m worth the past few months alone... but I have yet to buy one event item. Now go walk down Luna and look at the houses with 1,000 event items each worth over 500m to 6b gold. Did those players get those items in a legit manner? I bet not, I bet every single one were using (young) scripters before the recent changes. One player comes (everyone knows them) and a gate opens and 30 (youngs) walk in and grab every event item exactly as the house falls. Yea... people got rich in a legit manner alright. So you either competed with those guys and somehow gloriously were better than a 0.01 second timed script or you bought gold, which you're talking about throwing in a million... r/l... so I dunno... "yea right, I know..."

3 - It's hard to get event items playing with people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to PvP playing against people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to want to play this game no more when you can't PvP and the main PvM is useless... everyone has powerscrolls and such already. The only thing left is items and events... and the rich win. Real life rich = UO rich, whether people admit it or not... sad but true.

(This was highly edited so as not to be removed... it was better, but ya' know.)

Okay I feel and hear your frustrations. You are wrong about a few things. Sorry, if this offends you, but while it may hurt the truth can set you free.

Okay my younger sister Luc of Legends goes to EVERY event. She doesn't not own a multi-billion dollar suit! She has a decent suit not uber, a badass greater dragon she tamed HERSELF, and for God sakes man she plays on a HP Crap er Laptop. At the Emerald event she got SIX, yes I said SIX emeralds. She often gets event drops.

No she does not use cheats, she is two semesters from graduating with a bachelors of IT: Software Development and multimedia, if she did she could rule UO. However she feels, as do I, it is IMMORAL and UNETHICAL to cheat.

She and I both have luna houses on Legends and we own a few rares. We did not spend billions to get any of it. Some came from IDOCS. The Luna houses and the bulk came from leaving friends. Friends who trusted and respected us so much as to bestow such generous and kind gifts. Honestly we do not feel worthy of these gifts, but we accept them in the spirit of LOVE they were given in. I would gladly give up my UO possesions to have back the many friends that have left since I started in 2002. Especially friends like Zathro, Woody of Moonglow, Bastet, and Lady Pheonix that passed from this life too soon.

I am not a uber religous person or a bible thumper. There is much wise advice to be found in the good book and I will share this on with you:
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.…
It good advice to live by and its more polite than diagraming "assume" like one of my professors had us do.

*HUGS* Peace be with you

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just imagine, this release to TC is after a month or two of the "focus group" ... I get that UO is old and most of the coding has to be done a certain way. In fact i wish the Devs would be a little more open to how hard it is to code what we ask of them constantly. Perhaps, we would all be a little more understanding if they were a little more open with why something cant be done.
I was thinking that too... many of the masteries for example are obviously far too strong or far too weak. My real question is are they up for change, or is this TC time just to catch bugs? I know they read some of this thread, but I don't know how much of this forum is being taken into account.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think they are up for change, the question is, if enough is out to test and give useful feel back

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I look at it like this, you can have the power of having way over the skill cap through items, or you can have the power of the masteries, but you can't have both. UO has always been about making choices, here's another one.

Consume damage is nice - but it doesn't half eat up your mana. It's not something most tamers will be able to use for every fight. As an example of how I'd use it (and I do have a 3 x 120 tamer) if fighting balron in Ilsh I'd use the consume damage mastery when a paragon spawned.
btw, the 'boarding' passive mastery is active as long as the mastery is selected on the book, if you're not using masteries in other skills you need never turn it off.
With GM Meditation, 7 MR and 40% LMC, i'm able to keep Consume Damage up almost indefinately. My Mana passively regens just fast enough to overcome the Mana upkeep cost. Plus, you can maintain active Meditation while Consume Damage is up, which i probably should've mentioned in my Skill Masteries thread.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like that spirituality virtue is really gunna hurt pvp
Maybe... 20% Damage Reduction with a shield life of 200 Hit points.. I guess I'm not clear on if the 200 is BEFORE or AFTER the 20% Reduction... I would assume that if you get AI'ed for 35 that if you had the ability active the 35 would then be reduced by 20% down to 28 Damage.... and at that point you would have 193 points remaining on your shield.. I could however see them using the base 35 damage BEFORE 20% reduction as the number that gets subtracted from your shield. I will really just come down to how EASY it is or Time consuming to regain that virtue... The method of gain aka.. healing stuff is as simple as it gets but if it takes long enough to gain or is used up quickly enough I could see it balanced...

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No - the updated client for the new publish is what is meant.

If you want to be involved in testing on test center you need to patch and update, if you don't you don't have to - yet.
I really wish these people would just call their patches "patches" instead of "clients" when talking to the public.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Maybe... 20% Damage Reduction with a shield life of 200 Hit points.. I guess I'm not clear on if the 200 is BEFORE or AFTER the 20% Reduction... I would assume that if you get AI'ed for 35 that if you had the ability active the 35 would then be reduced by 20% down to 28 Damage.... and at that point you would have 193 points remaining on your shield.. I could however see them using the base 35 damage BEFORE 20% reduction as the number that gets subtracted from your shield. I will really just come down to how EASY it is or Time consuming to regain that virtue... The method of gain aka.. healing stuff is as simple as it gets but if it takes long enough to gain or is used up quickly enough I could see it balanced...
Between both of the virtues added 30 HPR and a 200 life shield regardless of % is going to be overpowered.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You are correct in how it is calculated. It's really nothing special. It reduces dmg taken by 20% and subtracts that from the 200 points. Also using it drops it down so you have to regain. It really won't change much. it's a good benefit for mages when mele dmg output is so high. It is also something that will be harder for dexxers to get. IMO it's a good trade off and will be balanced upon release.

With everyone thinking PvP is going to be unbalanced and screwed up I strongly suggest that ya'll get out there and test it. I have tested every mastery and also tested them in as many scenarios that I could think of. My way of thinking when test was; How can I exploit this to my benefit...I have only found a few scenarios. One being Poisoning. Ranged weapons should not be able to hit with lethal or any poison for that matter. If you give a dexer lethal on a composite bow that will be just plain stupid. Also giving a dexxer lethal on a waki will be plain stupid as well.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You are correct in how it is calculated. It's really nothing special. It reduces dmg taken by 20% and subtracts that from the 200 points. Also using it drops it down so you have to regain. It really won't change much. it's a good benefit for mages when mele dmg output is so high. It is also something that will be harder for dexxers to get. IMO it's a good trade off and will be balanced upon release.

With everyone thinking PvP is going to be unbalanced and screwed up I strongly suggest that ya'll get out there and test it. I have tested every mastery and also tested them in as many scenarios that I could think of. My way of thinking when test was; How can I exploit this to my benefit...I have only found a few scenarios. One being Poisoning. Ranged weapons should not be able to hit with lethal or any poison for that matter. If you give a dexer lethal on a composite bow that will be just plain stupid. Also giving a dexxer lethal on a waki will be plain stupid as well.
I thought Injected Strike only applies the same level poison that is on the weapon, and does not have a chance to raise the level of poison like Infectious Strike does. So it would not be possible to apply lethal poison with a bow.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I thought Injected Strike only applies the same level poison that is on the weapon, and does not have a chance to raise the level of poison like Infectious Strike does. So it would not be possible to apply lethal poison with a bow.
You are correct. But does that really change anything all that much? Now a composite or ANY other weapon will now have pretty much the equivalent to mortal and be spammable....

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
sounds like that spirituality virtue is really gunna hurt pvp
Yeah the spirituality buff seems rather OP. For pvm it sounds fine, but I think 20% damage reduction with 200 hp shield is a bit much for pvp. It's like the old days when armored swampies also gave a damage reduction in pvp. They were nerfed for a reason. And many people are already running around with damage eaters and 18 HPR. Maybe it can have a reduced effectiveness in pvp?

Are you able to cast the Spirituality buff on yourself? Or does it only work on other players?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You are correct. But does that really change anything all that much? Now a composite or ANY other weapon will now have pretty much the equivalent to mortal and be spammable....
Not saying it won't be OP, but to be fair deadly poison is easier to cure than lethal poison.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Not saying it won't be OP, but to be fair deadly poison is easier to cure than lethal poison.
You still HAVE to cure it before you can heal. And with 50EP it doesn't cure every time. Also, a mage has to cure with Arch Cure, Mystic can use cleansing which can fail or only cure the poison and get a minimal heal.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
  • If they charge ONE CENT for the mastery books I will close all my accounts and go and play something else. As for the prices you think would be good up there that is the most ludicrous amounts I have ever seen. No point in giving us a 'free' expansion then charging 60 bucks for one level 3 mastery. Yep can just see me spending $180 bucks just to put a level 3 on my mage/mystic/spellweaving char. No idea what you could possibly be thinking to even suggest such a huge amount or any amount at all for that matter.
That is not meant for us, per se, but more for people who miss out on the free-expansion availability. Sort of how they have the twink character purchase available (as most other games do as well).

The pricing I suggested is based on the desirability of the mastery, basic economic (desire + supply + demand). Should people miss out on the freebie opportunity given during the "anniversary period" - meaning from August to October - then to gain the masteries quickly, they should pay for it and it should be costly as those of us in the game have to earn it.

Which goes to say, IF they tier out the Mastery (tier 1 is required to get tier 2 which is required to get tier 3) with lengthy period of times (for training in that tier, of course) between each tier... but if someone wants to "pay to win" then by all means, make them pay I say.

I just pray they will not do the whole Power Scroll distribution thing - that will seriously devalue any marketability of the Mastery system and, once again, become a huge disappointment. Mastery should be special, and hard, and of course, expensive by any means. Not something attainable by killing some new boss mob.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Might I suggest a few of you get together, copy over a char with a decently trained dread, then test it with the mastery running?
its part of the virtue system, but if theyre regening 30 points every 10 seconds, you will inevitably outdamage it.
normal hits you will do maybe 80 points of base damage + hit spells in the same 10 seconds.

However, you are not just going to be able to stand there vs a dread. You will be fighting a tamer and probably a bake kitsune along with it. Throw in life shield, and this won't be overpowered? I highly doubt it.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That is not meant for us, per se, but more for people who miss out on the free-expansion availability. Sort of how they have the twink character purchase available (as most other games do as well)
Presumably people who miss the free expansion offer will have to buy the expansion for $19.99 or whatever. The idea that anyone would pay $60 or whatever for masteries is gibbering insanity.

I just pray they will not do the whole Power Scroll distribution thing - that will seriously devalue any marketability of the Mastery system and, once again, become a huge disappointment. Mastery should be special, and hard, and of course, expensive by any means. Not something attainable by killing some new boss mob.
It's like you want to murder the game. Like yeah, ew, I hope they don't make these new desirable items obtainable by playing the game or doing anything fun, they should just sll them on a website for the price of a brand new Xbox game. Brilliant.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Presumably people who miss the free expansion offer will have to buy the expansion for $19.99 or whatever. The idea that anyone would pay $60 or whatever for masteries is gibbering insanity.
Aye, the _ability_ to gain masteries, but not the masteries themselves - particularly the level 3 mastery. That would be gibbering insanity. ;)

It's like you want to murder the game. Like yeah, ew, I hope they don't make these new desirable items obtainable by playing the game or doing anything fun, they should just sll them on a website for the price of a brand new Xbox game. Brilliant.
I think you miss my point (and probably didn't read my previous posts re: masteries).
How much is a twink-toon for UO? $19.95. So a newb gets his advanced character, then decided wants to go play with the big-boys at champs. So the newb goes to get a mastery via the store or even a vendor in game and.... bam. Gets a Tier 3 mastery for what, $20, and doesn't even know how to play the game? That is a disservice to those who have played for years, earned their stripes, and (regardless of play style) plays a vetted character. That is gibbering insanity, I think you would agree with that, yes?

My point is, if the newb wants to twink out and get all the uber stuff, make them either EARN it via game play (like most will anyhoo) OR if they wanna pay, well, MAKE them pay. It will help Broadsword's bottom line, players will be more inclined to keep playing so as to feel they got something for their money, and that will in turn bring more players who stay longer (surprisingly it does) as well as give the dev team more incentive to feed bigger hamsters for better computing power to recode a lot of things.

It all comes down to money, eh?

Insofar as the Mastery delivery system, I don't want to go "hunting a new mob" for them books, and have them be like power scrolls. One of the most prevailing issues is the acquisition of "power" within the game - and it all comes to Gold and those who have it (or rather, platinum now). I think mastery is far more special than that and as such should really mean something. Make it hard (but not impossible) and make it worth while to pursue in game. I took 5 years to GM mining on my crafter.... yeah I could have gone the easy route to get that GM within a few weeks, but I didn't and when I did GM I was quite satisfied and felt accomplished (threw a party actually). Masteries should be like that is all I'm saying. I really think it cheapens the entire purpose if a player can get 3rd level mastery simply by killing a new mob with his guild and not have to go through levels 1 & 2 first. Going after another mob just doesn't make it so special and devalues the entire mastery system in my opinion.

And aye, this is just my opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree or even like. Is all good.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I feel and hear your frustrations. You are wrong about a few things. Sorry, if this offends you, but while it may hurt the truth can set you free.

Okay my younger sister Luc of Legends goes to EVERY event. She doesn't not own a multi-billion dollar suit! She has a decent suit not uber, a badass greater dragon she tamed HERSELF, and for God sakes man she plays on a HP Crap er Laptop. At the Emerald event she got SIX, yes I said SIX emeralds. She often gets event drops.

No she does not use cheats, she is two semesters from graduating with a bachelors of IT: Software Development and multimedia, if she did she could rule UO. However she feels, as do I, it is IMMORAL and UNETHICAL to cheat.

She and I both have luna houses on Legends and we own a few rares. We did not spend billions to get any of it. Some came from IDOCS. The Luna houses and the bulk came from leaving friends. Friends who trusted and respected us so much as to bestow such generous and kind gifts. Honestly we do not feel worthy of these gifts, but we accept them in the spirit of LOVE they were given in. I would gladly give up my UO possesions to have back the many friends that have left since I started in 2002. Especially friends like Zathro, Woody of Moonglow, Bastet, and Lady Pheonix that passed from this life too soon.

I am not a uber religous person or a bible thumper. There is much wise advice to be found in the good book and I will share this on with you:

It good advice to live by and its more polite than diagraming "assume" like one of my professors had us do.

*HUGS* Peace be with you
I feel you for sure, but those wolfgang and emerald crystals are a far cry from expensive event items. I got 12 of the lesser wolfgang rubies and 14 of the emerald ones. :p :p :p (Well me and my wife got them anyway.) I did stop gathering the emerald ones though after I had 7 in my pack and ended up with 9... (I was checking the bodies for armor parts instead... hehe.) And I too have gotten a ton of event items the past 3 months from IDOCs... I'm extremely glad the Devs and Mesanna fixed that so young players could not grab it all 0.1 seconds after. That said.. there is some kind of script that runs still where nobody can grab nothing for a certain extended period of time, and I'm not sure if they are just grabbing the items and they are not disappearing or what is happening... but probably not, because after about 20-25 seconds I can then grab the same items.... I wish that and those problems can continue to be addressed in these patches. Thanks if so guys and please keep us IDOCers in mind, as that is where we can get good items now regardless of any suit. And that said... I'm a big Bible Thumper in my alternate life. :p Let's see the trolls attack that one, lol. And I'm not calling you guys/girls that at all... I feel what all of you have said and understand for sure. But usually trolls will come out of the woods for that. :p (If anyone knows what causes this to happen during an IDOC, please let me know... I hate grabbing at something for 20 seconds with peeps grabbing... and I have to wait 25 seconds to pick up anything at all; then suddenly I can pick it up again... the same items I could not before.)

Thanks for the advice... but I still have to let the Devs know about what we feel for the masteries and stuff... that's what they are looking for is feedback. I never posted anything negative until someone attacked me for disliking legendary suits and +30 HPR for the dragons for 20 minutes and such. Those were my only real complaints was the dragon mastery (I love the archery and poisoning masteries and such after giving it some time to sink in and play with,) the look of the new banking gump (everyone said could have used a little less work,) and the legendary items which may or may not be changed somewhat with this patch. I'm still hoping to see what the dragon turtles look like... and hoping it's not some giant cartoon humongoid walking around Luna everywhere (hope it looks real like a dragon or white wyrm and is extremely cool looking and vicious... hoping it's not like the giant pandas on world of warcraft or something crazy.) But the Devs have come up with some killer event bosses, so hopeful these things will be sweet.

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This expansion does look cool and have amazing potential... and I know some of you guys like the +30 HPR taming mastery, but as someone said earlier a few posts up, I do think it sounds a bit over powered... Maybe take the time down to 3-4 minutes or something and then you can only use once every 30 minutes... just so Everyone in the world cannot keep it up the whole 20 minutes an event boss is up... and they will. I feel AI archer Tamers becoming the new necessity for an event char. hehe

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This expansion does look cool and have amazing potential... and I know some of you guys like the +30 HPR taming mastery, but as someone said earlier a few posts up, I do think it sounds a bit over powered... Maybe take the time down to 3-4 minutes or something and then you can only use once every 30 minutes... just so Everyone in the world cannot keep it up the whole 20 minutes an event boss is up... and they will. I feel AI archer Tamers becoming the new necessity for an event char. hehe
30 hp regen is a virtue. Its the damage shield thats op.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
30 hp regen is a virtue. Its the damage shield thats op.
I see my mistake. I got confused in all of it, which was half my fault (sorry again everyone.)

Tested the Spellweaving Masteries.

"Mana Shield" with 120 Spellweaving/120 Meditation, has 15% chance to reduce damage by 50%. Half of the original damage is subtracted from Mana. Lasts 600 seconds. Arcane Focus Level does not affect it.
I think both are slightly overpowered, for PvP and PvM. Spellweavers already have WoD for events, so I guess a Weaver/Tamer is the char to have perhaps? I wonder if the life shield and gift of renewal can be activated at the same time? It would be hard to die I would think, plus hard for a pet to die too if you used the +30 hpr virtue 2 minutes before the boss. But I'm not sure how bad it would be... since it has such a low chance to hit. Time will tell... wish we could test this on an event boss or something, maybe Mephitis would work? Paragon Ancient Wyrm perhaps...

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess that is what I was getting at... there is a lot of overpowered stuff atm. :p

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How much is a twink-toon for UO? $19.95. So a newb gets his advanced character, then decided wants to go play with the big-boys at champs. So the newb goes to get a mastery via the store or even a vendor in game and.... bam. Gets a Tier 3 mastery for what, $20, and doesn't even know how to play the game? That is a disservice to those who have played for years, earned their stripes, and (regardless of play style) plays a vetted character. That is gibbering insanity, I think you would agree with that, yes?
Back when I was the head newbie wrangler for my old RP I guild was routinely turning day one newbies into multi-GM characters in a matter of days, for free, and that was ten-plus years ago. It wasn't hard then, it's not hard now, and it doesn't make anyone special.

On top of which, what's with this business where you phrase it explicitly as paying for masteries, instead of you know, paying for the Time of Legends expansion which includes access to new lands, skill masteries, and a bunch of other stuff?

My point is, if the newb wants to twink out and get all the uber stuff, make them either EARN it via game play (like most will anyhoo) OR if they wanna pay, well, MAKE them pay. It will help Broadsword's bottom line, players will be more inclined to keep playing so as to feel they got something for their money, and that will in turn bring more players who stay longer (surprisingly it does) as well as give the dev team more incentive to feed bigger hamsters for better computing power to recode a lot of things
Nobody is paying $60 for anything in this game and the idea is laughable. People who miss out on the free offer will pay $20 or whatever for the expansion and get everything we get for free.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nobody is paying $60 for anything in this game and the idea is laughable. People who miss out on the free offer will pay $20 or whatever for the expansion and get everything we get for free.
You must not be checking out SotA and a few other (cannot mention due to NDA) games that are coming out. No worries. People will pay whatever they feel something is worth. IF the gaining of the varying level of masteries is something that will take time - ayuh, I can see it being rather expensive for those who want to pay-to-win.

I don't believe we are getting the Masteries on the prodo shards when they release ToL. I'm quite positive our accounts will be enabled to go earn the masteries. What's the sense in giving out Masteries in levels if we are not intended to earn them at varying speed and level? If the distribution method for the Masteries is going to be via a mob drop, I will be sorely disappointed. But that's just me, eh.

And to note, yes, people could (and did) whiz through GMing skills as fast as they could - I remember. Is why so many people have left... they get their skills as fast as they can then get bored saying there is nothing to do. Not saying anyone is "special" for having gone the fast route or worked their skills slowly - I just believe having to earn something rather than get it quick makes for a more fulfilling experience (aka longer subscription) than otherwise. After all.... we are all still playing, yes? So there must be something more.....

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Plenty of people would pay $$$ for individual masteries. $60 is nothing.

Especially if the masteries are difficult to get (and you can bet tamer and mage masteries will be in high demand), people would gladly pay for them. It's laughable to think that the UO player base wouldn't prefer an easy option where they could buy something and avoid the frustration of having to put effort into it.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah whatever. This is so dumb and so never going to happen that it's not even worth arguing. Mastery books will probably end up being distributed like powerscrolls, and why not? They're the only thing that's been around for 15 years that people still want.

Vermin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah whatever. This is so dumb and so never going to happen that it's not even worth arguing. Mastery books will probably end up being distributed like powerscrolls, and why not? They're the only thing that's been around for 15 years that people still want.
I'd add them to treasure chests too. A nice replacement for the near worthless Forged Pardons, making t-hunting worthwhile again (for at least a while).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Banes and dreads have the same amount of hp.
Just tested damage against a Dread Warhorse. With 150 STR, 120 Throwing/120 Tactics/GM Anat and 100% item DI and a Soul Glaive with Con Wep up, i was able to hit a fully trained 3.8 rating Dread Warhorse with 43-51 damage a hit. That far exceeds Humility's ability to regenerate with 30 HPR. With 650 Health on the Dread Warhorse, 15 hits red lined it. "Combat Training: Consume Damage" does not seem to reduce the damage in PvP.
The reason that Bane Dragons are not used more in PvP than Dread Warhorses (despite Banes having higher damage output with their Poison), is because Bane Dragons are vulnerable to Dragon/Reptile Slayer.

I think both are slightly overpowered, for PvP and PvM. Spellweavers already have WoD for events, so I guess a Weaver/Tamer is the char to have perhaps? I wonder if the life shield and gift of renewal can be activated at the same time? It would be hard to die I would think, plus hard for a pet to die too if you used the +30 hpr virtue 2 minutes before the boss. But I'm not sure how bad it would be... since it has such a low chance to hit. Time will tell... wish we could test this on an event boss or something, maybe Mephitis would work? Paragon Ancient Wyrm perhaps...
Mana Shield can only be applied to yourself. With "Combat Training: Consume Damage" up with 120 Taming/120 Lore, my fully trained 3.6 rating Greater Dragon was easily able to solo a Paragon Ancient Wyrm without any healing from me.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just tested damage against a Dread Warhorse. With 150 STR, 120 Throwing/120 Tactics/GM Anat and 100% item DI and a Soul Glaive with Con Wep up, i was able to hit a fully trained 3.8 rating Dread Warhorse with 43-51 damage a hit. That far exceeds Humility's ability to regenerate with 30 HPR. With 650 Health on the Dread Warhorse, 15 hits red lined it. "Combat Training: Consume Damage" does not seem to reduce the damage in PvP.
The reason that Bane Dragons are not used more in PvP than Dread Warhorses (despite Banes having higher damage output with their Poison), is because Bane Dragons are vulnerable to Dragon/Reptile Slayer.

Mana Shield can only be applied to yourself. With "Combat Training: Consume Damage" up with 120 Taming/120 Lore, my fully trained 3.6 rating Greater Dragon was easily able to solo a Paragon Ancient Wyrm without any healing from me.
We already knew the damage output was higher but you cannot reasonably expect for everyone to have chivalry and standing there isn't a realistic scenario.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I was thinking that too... many of the masteries for example are obviously far too strong or far too weak. My real question is are they up for change, or is this TC time just to catch bugs? I know they read some of this thread, but I don't know how much of this forum is being taken into account.
They'll wait till you completely change your template to suit the new masteries then nerf it ;)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We already knew the damage output was higher but you cannot reasonably expect for everyone to have chivalry and standing there isn't a realistic scenario.
82-92 damage a hit with Called Shot active, and an extra 50+ damage every time Elemental Fury would proc. +12 damage every time Hit Lightning would proc. I could also still use Mortal Strike during Called Shot. So yes, it is most definitely possible to kill a Dread Warhorse next patch.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Again, please read the patch notes and also go and test it. You have to first gain in the virtue. This is not an easy task. Once you use the virtue, you lose points. You then have to go re-work the virtue back to knight. The amount of work it will take in order to activate the virtue is very balanced. If an Event Boss is doing 100dmg shots, there really isn't anything in the game that can help keep these pets alive. When you can actually provide insight on the virtue that isn't based off an assumption I will be inclined to listen, but for now all I hear is durp durp durp...

Humility

• Method of Gain

• To begin the Humility Hunt, say the words “lum lum lum”.

• During the Humility Hunt players, pets, and summons receive a -70 resist debuff to all resists.

• Hiding via hiding skill, spells, potions, or turkey feathers is prohibited while on a Humility Hunt.

• Players receive Humility points for killing evil aligned creatures while on the hunt.

• To end the hunt a player can speak, “lum lum lum.” After 30 seconds resists return to normal. There is a 60 second cooldown to re-initiate the hunt.

• Using Humility

• Through the virtue menu, double click the Humility virtue to bring up a targeting cursor.

• Targeting a pet will provide that pet with a 20 minute Hit Point Regeneration buff based on Humility path and consume some Humility points,

• Seeker: +10 HPR

• Follower: +20 HPR

• Knight: +30 HPR

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
82-92 damage a hit with Called Shot active, and an extra 50+ damage every time Elemental Fury would proc. +12 damage every time Hit Lightning would proc. I could also still use Mortal Strike during Called Shot. So yes, it is most definitely possible to kill a Dread Warhorse next patch.
Called shot is for throwing which only gargoyles can use. When you start making things that require selective skills to combat is when you start making things imbalanced.

Remember when faction aids
Came out that could remove curse and heal? They nerfed it and later added cleansing winds which did the exact same thing.

Now they add a virtue that only benefits pets and depending on the pet makes it ridiculous.

But back to the point, this isn't realistic to expect everyone to play the same thing to combat a uneven change.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Called shot is for throwing which only gargoyles can use. When you start making things that require selective skills to combat is when you start making things imbalanced.

Remember when faction aids
Came out that could remove curse and heal? They nerfed it and later added cleansing winds which did the exact same thing.

Now they add a virtue that only benefits pets and depending on the pet makes it ridiculous.

But back to the point, this isn't realistic to expect everyone to play the same thing to combat a uneven change.
The +30 HP Regen from Humility, turns out to be 3 HP/second. Pretty sure almost any template can easily out damage that.
Fencers could just Pierce the Dread Warhorse a few times, then laugh at it as it tries to chase them at the pace of a snail. Macers could Stagger it, then laugh as it's melee attacks (it's main source of damage) are slowed to a crawl.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The +30 HP Regen from Humility, turns out to be 3 HP/second. Pretty sure almost any template can easily out damage that.
Fencers could just Pierce the Dread Warhorse a few times, then laugh at it as it tries to chase them at the pace of a snail. Macers could Stagger it, then laugh as it's melee attacks (it's main source of damage) are slowed to a crawl.
You're not going to only be fighting the dread. So yes you can out damage it but why are we okay with giving something 30 hp regen bonus in pvp. Pierce and stagger only slow it temporarily.

Add this to combat training from tamers...

Last edited:

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You're not going to only be fighting the dread. So yes you can out damage it but why are we okay with giving something 30 hp regen bonus in pvp. Pierce and stagger only slow it temporarily.

Add this to combat training from tamers...
Because the Bonus is minimal. Tamer's are rather rare in today's pvp and in all honesty when I see a tamer hop off mount putting himself at a personal disadvantage to beef up his offense there are plenty of ways to take advantage of them.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to interrupt the discussion, but has anyone made one of the new display cases yet? Was wondering how they stacked up to the anny ticket ones

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
What does "There are limits to the maximum elevation these crafted items can be placed. Players found to be exploiting these limits will find themselves subject to GM action." mean? What is the actual permitted limit?