• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] All Treasure Map Facets are not Equal...

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Folks I just want to share with you what I came to find out after doing some serious Treasure Hunting over the past two days, and I'm not at all happy about it....

After Treasure Hunting almost exclusively prior to the VvV destruction of Treasure Hutning I gave up doing 6s and 7s because I would never get any Legendary Artifacts. It was just too much time and effort, and I would never have anything to show for. So I gave up probably the one thing I loved doing more than anything else in UO..Treasure Maps.

Out of boredom this week I started back up Thunting, and I hit paydirt on a level 7 map in Felucca.

So I decided to go back and dig up all of my level 7 maps thinking Treasure Hunting had somehow been fixed while I had been away, and that digging up chests is now worthwhile doing again.

I first did all my Felucca Level 7 Maps (appriximately 25) and virtually every chest had at least one legendary artifact, sometimes two or 3. I was rolling in Legendary artifacts!!! "This is what Treasure Hunting is all about" I was thinking to myself....

After those ran out I went to do my Level 7 Ter Mur, Malas, and Trammel. I probably did about another 25 Maps. Out of those 25 level 7 maps on the trammel facet I think I only pulled 2 or 3 Legendary Artifacts and they were total junk!

There is a HUGE difference in the quality of items on Felucca vs. Trammel Maps. HUGE folks!!!:mad2:

Felucca Maps are 10X better than Tokuno,Malas, Ter Mur, Ilshenar.

I am not happy at all about this,nor all the time I've wasted doing Trammel Facet Maps hoping to fins something good.

I myself was in the dark, and couldn't for the life of me understand why all of my level 6-7 maps drops absolute junk all the time.

So this post is for all those Treasure Hunters out there, who like myself, are beating their head against the wall wonder wtf is the matter with Treasure Hunting.

Essentially, if your not doing Felucca Treasure Maps your completely wasting your time.

Go test for yourselves folks.

And give the Dev Team hell for this lousy set up of the Treasure Hunting System.:frown2:

Reactions: Vor

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree 100% that there is a huge difference but I think the worst part of it is that Felucca level 6 and 7 maps are too infrequent. No mobs drop level 6 or 7 maps so the only way is paragon chests which there are no paragons in Fel so you have to hope for the RNG to reward you. I farmed Miasma at the Labyrinth and Bloods in Blood Dungeon and I was rewarded with 19 chests after a LONG grind. Out of those 19 maps I got 6 tram, 4 malas, 3 tokuno, 3 termur, and 1 ilshenar. I keep a few items for cheap vendor fodder but really the only thing of value is the essence and gold. Don't even get me started on SOS chests. :(

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck also plays a big part in this. I personally have found I get best results doing ter mur maps in my luck suit. I got 3000 luck with statue and ter mur maps are so fast I can get more legend arties per hour than doing fel. all in all though time aside del maps with a high luck suit you should be laughing.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some properties on items will only drop in certain facets. So, if you want Splintering, you can only get it from a specific map. So, only doing Fel maps isn't the only way to go.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Folks I just want to share with you what I came to find out after doing some serious Treasure Hunting over the past two days, and I'm not at all happy about it....

After Treasure Hunting almost exclusively prior to the VvV destruction of Treasure Hutning I gave up doing 6s and 7s because I would never get any Legendary Artifacts. It was just too much time and effort, and I would never have anything to show for. So I gave up probably the one thing I loved doing more than anything else in UO..Treasure Maps.

Out of boredom this week I started back up Thunting, and I hit paydirt on a level 7 map in Felucca.

So I decided to go back and dig up all of my level 7 maps thinking Treasure Hunting had somehow been fixed while I had been away, and that digging up chests is now worthwhile doing again.

I first did all my Felucca Level 7 Maps (appriximately 25) and virtually every chest had at least one legendary artifact, sometimes two or 3. I was rolling in Legendary artifacts!!! "This is what Treasure Hunting is all about" I was thinking to myself....

After those ran out I went to do my Level 7 Ter Mur, Malas, and Trammel. I probably did about another 25 Maps. Out of those 25 level 7 maps on the trammel facet I think I only pulled 2 or 3 Legendary Artifacts and they were total junk!

There is a HUGE difference in the quality of items on Felucca vs. Trammel Maps. HUGE folks!!!:mad2:

I am not happy at all about this,nor all the time I've wasted doing Trammel Facet Maps hoping to fins something good.

I myself was in the dark, and couldn't for the life of me understand why all of my level 6-7 maps drops absolute junk all the time.

So this post is for all those Treasure Hunters out there, who like myself, are beating their head against the wall wonder wtf is the matter with Treasure Hunting.

Essentially, if your not doing Felucca Treasure Maps your completely wasting your time.

And give the Dev Team hell for this lousy set up of the Treasure Hunting System.:frown2:
http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-86-Notes also available at http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_86#Global_Loot_Changes
Lots of info, but relevant to your experiences in particular is:
  • All magical items (weapons, armor, and jewelry) will now spawn with properties generated via new loot property generation. These include items found
    • In Treasure Chests
  • Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it, as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation.
What is happening is exactly what they said would happen. I conjecture that, this is to promote more Fel action and for people who take the risk of operating there. To the best of my knowledge (I started just after AoS released), there have always been advantages to doing things in Fel. My experiences mirror yours as far as obtaining Fel Maps, however I have not done any farming since before Global Loot changes in pub 86. I would really appreciate info and feedback on my questions in red type, in linked thread, also related to Pub 86 changes and Tmap drops, Tchest Guardians, and Dark Guardians (room in Doom lvl 1) in particular :http://stratics.com/threads/dark-guardian-room-and-glitches.345628/

Regards,
Loren

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-86-Notes also available at http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_86#Global_Loot_Changes
  • All magical items (weapons, armor, and jewelry) will now spawn with properties generated via new loot property generation. These include items found
    • In Treasure Chests
  • Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it, as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation.
What is happening is exactly what they said would happen. I conjecture that, this is to promote more Fel action and for people who take the risk of operating there. To the best of my knowledge (I started just after AoS released), there have always been advantages to doing things in Fel. My experiences mirror yours as far as obtaining Fel Maps, however I have not done any farming since before Global Loot changes in pub 86. I would really appreciate info and feedback on my questions in red type, in linked thread, also related to Pub 86 changes and Tmap drops, Tchest Guardians, and Dark Guardians (room in Doom lvl 1) in particular :http://stratics.com/threads/dark-guardian-room-and-glitches.345628/

Regards,
Loren
I completely agree, the only issue is that it is next to impossible to get Fel maps for level 6 and 7, especially 7. :(

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I completely agree, the only issue is that it is next to impossible to get Fel maps for level 6 and 7, especially 7. :(
I concur, with the caveat that I have not done any operating since before pub86. With that in mind, I had 3 Fel Maps, I think one was lvl 6, vs 100's of Miasma chests. Never a 7. Hmmm on Loren then after rubbin the 10th anni statue, I had just under 1300 luck, I think, and could usually grab 4 to 6 chests before luck buff ran out (put bovine tally on eval/scribe mage, nuke minotaurs first). Got the process down quick enough to pick thru her loot, before she re-spawned (an accomplishment for me). Sorry. My point was that it was I concur, and had similar difficulties getting them. But I preferred Malas maps anyway. I had slayer books for the Guardian Spawn. My tactics were, isolate, locate, distract and neutralize. Those higher level minotaur spawns suck though, fekkers insta aggro on me every cast. But w/e just run far enough away they leash to chest.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "After Treasure Hunting almost exclusively prior to the VvV destruction of Treasure Hunting" ? Not looking to debate you, I mean how did VvV destroy the profession in your experiences? e.g, What happened?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "After Treasure Hunting almost exclusively prior to the VvV destruction of Treasure Hunting" ? Not looking to debate you, I mean how did VvV destroy the profession in your experiences? e.g, What happened?
Forged pardons don't sell like they use to and the price has dropped a lot. VvV has those full pardons. :(

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Forged pardons don't sell like they use to and the price has dropped a lot. VvV has those full pardons. :(
So, ... someone can remove murder counts from VvV action ? Sounds counter-intuitive to me. I thought but don't know, that the whole point of Factions, and now VvV, was to facilitate Guild wars..err Guild Fights ;), also for trammies to 'pvp' without getting murder counts. If someone can murder in Fel, then VvV away the count, that sucks. If you mean they can earn silver and buy pardons, that sucks too. Definitely was my main $$$ maker too **Flutter I neeeeeeed you**. I guess now we just stockpile everything. Who knows what will be worth what, when new expac comes. This thread has been excellent. Stuff like this keeps me around even when I rage on silly ****e like losing piddly crap to a mob or not getting maps. My own fault for letting house go....oh man.. so many nice pieces, weapons, le sigh.

Full disclosure: I would be called a Trammie. I do not consider it derogatory. I go to Fel sometimes. When I get ganked I do not cry about it. Back when Loren was named DirtyOldMan, I put together a nice dexxer suit for Pally, and went to Yew(Fel) to try my hand at fighting. But I didnt understand insurance...I had the money on me, not in my bank. lol. Yeah, I held my own 1v1, then there were 3. Then guys running around going "sweet! ring of the vile!". But I knew a few folks, and was able to negotiate buying back most of it. Fair is fair. #nostalgia

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
    • In Treasure Chests

Regards,
Loren
@Loren thanks so much for this find. This verifies exactly what I've been experiencing, not just the luck bonus, but more specifically, "as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation". I knew there had to be something else going on besides the luck bonus. It's an absolute night and day difference between high level Felucca Maps and Trammel Facet maps. This absolutely verifies what I've experienced first hand in game.

Adding to what Lestat said, prior to VvV about the only thing worthwhile to drop from a chest was the pardons. The pardons were the one item which you could consistently turn around and sell for a profit on the open market. I don't know about the rest of you Treasure Hunters, but I treasure hunt to get rich! I expect to be rewarded and make a profit! I'm not treasure hunting for fun, or doing pro bono work.:devil:

Added to that the imbuing resources are no longer high in demand, prices have plummeted, and the competition in selling them is steep as sosaria is saturated with them. Alacrity scrolls just aren't enough to make Treasure Hunting worthwhile..you can get 10 Focus/Meditation Alacritys for every taming/magery alacrity. Lots of dud and useless Alacrities scrolls drop so with the alacrity it's win some and lose some. Transcendence SOTs only drop in Felucca...

So outside of the chance for a nice Legendary Artifact which you can sell, the Trammel Facet Treasure Maps offer very little in terms of a chance of profit/reward. I can't tell you how many time I've done 10-15 Level 6 maps on the Trammel Faceet before pulling a legendary artifact, and THEN that Legendary Artifact is of such low quality it's unsellable. Therefore it's not lucrative to spend time Treasure Hunting in Trammel compared to the results you can get spending equal time in Felucca.