• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV issues/suggestions

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a couple small things...

Can we get some sort of bar, timer, better warning.. anything to tell us when we are going to lose the VvV horse? How about a better understanding of what courage does? As it is now, courage doesn't seem to work and i've lost my horse in the middle of a fight more times than i can remember. Sometimes i get the message that it needs to be fed courage... as it *poofs*.

Can we get some way to check what town VvV is in without logging out/in and digging through the journal? Just a gump on the guild menu or something would be nice. Sometimes it displays in guild chat when a new town is sieged... sometimes it doesn't.

Could expand on that last one and add more items into the guild chat menu like "XXX guild just sieged Britain" or "XXX guild took an alter in Trinsic". Could toggle them off if you didn't like them, but you'd know pretty quick then if there was action in a town somewhere.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep... those are all great suggestions. If possible id like to be able to be able tell not simply which town is active but IF someone is there to fight. (Not positive if the system messages tell you this But some sort of gump woyld be better.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Any thoughts on changing orange flaging for non VvV on Siege, so it reset when a town are done? The town people, crafters and quest runners really dislike this color. If someone get near an alter or get attacked or attack/heal VvV, the timer is ok.
And I too would like to know wish town without logging out and in and I would like the non VvV on Siege to be able to see what town, they should stay away from.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few suggestions on tweaks to the current system:

I will endorse the desire to be able to see the active town and its status without logging in and out... maybe something as simple as a command like checking murder counts... /show active town /show town status??

I would love, no... LOVE a smaller gump! Something like the difference between the character status and a life bar... small/large... little detail/lots of detail.

Would also like the town completion stats to show up initially as a small scroll icon or something that you double click to open. I hate being in the middle of a fight and getting a town report that fills of half my screen or more.

I would also love to see more of an impact to what claiming a town does... claiming a town is nice, but doesn't really translate into anything other than a few silver points... keep it PvP centered, but make its effect relevant outside of that town and with a longer duration (like until server maintenance or something).

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would really like to get rid of the VvV window that pops up in the middle of your screen. You cant minimize it, and just have to drag it off of the playscreen, covering up spell icons or skill toggles or whatever you have there. In my opinion the black area outside of the play window is valuable real estate and shouldnt be hogged up by the VvV gump.

Why cant you just get a message in guild chat saying that so-and-so took the altar, so-and-so defeated who's his face, like it does when a guild occupies the city? A small timer bar, that changes color when a sigil is availiable to steal would be sufficient and far less awkward to implement in an actual battle situation.

Sure, we can just drag it out of the way, but why is this thing so darn big?

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think these would all be universally accepted as good. Great ideas to improve the VvV system now without much fuss. Fix issues it has now so when they do expand, the minor issues that exist don't add to the new ones that pop up.

-Lore

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make the epaulette vvv with 5 hit chance repairable !! Pls !?!
is it really not repairable? i only use one on an event character so hasnt need it yet. thats an absolute fail tho if no repairable. would be worthless for daily gameplay.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The epaulette is only 500 silver. Just get a new one when the old one wears out. They aren't meant to be permanent suit pieces at that price.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My biggest complaint at this point is the timer gump. Really wish that could be the size of a health bar. it really gets in the way.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The epaulette is only 500 silver. Just get a new one when the old one wears out. They aren't meant to be permanent suit pieces at that price.
I dyed them with reflectiv shadow dye , also i always thinking its something else on my suit breaking, very annoying, imo its just amother fail for vvv

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dyed them with reflectiv shadow dye , also i always thinking its something else on my suit breaking, very annoying, imo its just amother fail for vvv
It's not a fail in any way.
It is an amazingly valuable piece that cost basically nothing if you are VvV. It shouldn't last very long.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not a fail in any way.
It is an amazingly valuable piece that cost basically nothing if you are VvV. It shouldn't last very long.
its the fact that I get the message : you equipement is severly damaged' every 2 damn minutes, how is that not a fail , everything in game is repairable , except these epaulettes vvv , every vvv arty is repairable , I think they just forgot to turn the tailor repairable switch on for them

So Goldberg , are you saying they should let this item non repairable ? IM not sure of your point

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its the fact that I get the message : you equipement is severly damaged' every 2 damn minutes, how is that not a fail , everything in game is repairable , except these epaulettes vvv , every vvv arty is repairable , I think they just forgot to turn the tailor repairable switch on for them

So Goldberg , are you saying they should let this item non repairable ? IM not sure of your point
No. I am saying that VvV items are cheap and powerful. Stop complaining about one of them just because you value your dye so much and can't remember that the rest of your gear is not broken

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be a stickler here..but it should be in fact repairable..they don't last that long for daily players. Every other artifact is repairable..why omit one..I don't use any of the epaulettes myself personally..but it is quite stupid you can repair literally everything else..not sure it was intended. Probably slipped through the cracks because literally the hci one is far less desirable then most other robes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if a guild takes a town...the town colours should change to that guilds colours. Guild colours could be set by GM's when they commit the guild to VVV. It would be cool to run through a town seeing your guilds colours flying on all the various banners. Or make that big ugly gump the colours of the last successful guild. Or perhaps the gen chat announcement could read.... Minoc presently Held by K^S is presently being invaded by SX...defend your town!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like that, anything that will give guilds a reason to fight for a town is great.

Now how do we make more join the fun?
What about a VvV status board at the banks, both Trammel and Felucca, where also non VvV can see what guild, who last took the town and what guild, who have most points for owning the town this month.
Maybe also a reward to the player in the guild with most points for the month, could be a banner with town name, guild name, char name and month/year.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the royal pardons should be one time use, most reds are now blue on my shard, so much for justice. they can kill all they want and if turn red eat another royal pardon . pvp is worse on some shards now.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be a stickler here..but it should be in fact repairable..they don't last that long for daily players. Every other artifact is repairable..why omit one.
The robes are not repairable either, and those cost 5k silver and have no function. The message of them breaking is terrible for that reason alone, allow them to be repaired.

-Lore

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be a stickler here..but it should be in fact repairable..they don't last that long for daily players. Every other artifact is repairable..why omit one..I don't use any of the epaulettes myself personally..but it is quite stupid you can repair literally everything else..not sure it was intended. Probably slipped through the cracks because literally the hci one is far less desirable then most other robes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ofc :)
I have always just taken exception to faction and VvV arties.
It's no real big deal but it kind of bugs me how some players just take them for granted. When they changed factions awhile back all the lazy, non community shard hoppers whined like crazy lol. God forbid they actually created a character on another shard and had to try and outfit him like the rest of the non faction world

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the royal pardons should be one time use, most reds are now blue on my shard, so much for justice. they can kill all they want and if turn red eat another royal pardon . pvp is worse on some shards now.
Huhza?
If you want justice why don't you just kill the reds?
It would be even cooler if there was some sort of ingame 'justice' system that rewarded you with something like 'justice' for in fact killing reds.
It would be even cooler if all that built up 'justice' had a cool use at spawns or something.
Just dreaming here though I guess...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the things that annoys me about the system is I will turn up to fight and the lame ass players who just turn up to steal the sigil thing and don't even want to fight.

They will be in llama form and running off screen before I even have a chance to get their health bar.

Now I understand this is part of VvV and I could use a mana spike to reveal them along with other methods but I thought the idea was to encourage PvP and actual fights between players?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So what, you can still kill them and eat a royal pardon if you go read. Come to Siege, and you can kill them on all facets and if you and they are VvV, you can kill them everywhere.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Royal pardons were a good thing... Many people had old time reds with far to many counts to realistically ever be blue again without them. Old model UO pop counts were just fine, but those days are really gone. But even as a one time thing the forged pardons would still allow pvpers to take occasional counts and stay blue.

Personally I would make this change:

Murder counts go away completely.
Entering Felucca = consent to pvp subject to guard zones
VvV stays like it is (attackable anywhere in Felucca)
Royal pardons exist to remove old counts
VvV kills in an active town or champs spawn area gives justice
Convert current forged pardons into commendations that also give justice.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i noticed a little bug last night @Kyronix, prolly an easy fix.

Looking at the leader board for the first time (atlantic) it had the Deatsh and Assists backwards. I had like 98 kills 45 assists and 12 deaths, and when the battle was over it showed this properly on the thing that pops up. But the leader board shows 45 deaths and 12 assists.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i noticed a little bug last night @Kyronix, prolly an easy fix.

Looking at the leader board for the first time (atlantic) it had the Deatsh and Assists backwards. I had like 98 kills 45 assists and 12 deaths, and when the battle was over it showed this properly on the thing that pops up. But the leader board shows 45 deaths and 12 assists.
We have it in the system and it's slated to get fixed for the next publish.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Royal pardons were a good thing... Many people had old time reds with far to many counts to realistically ever be blue again without them. Old model UO pop counts were just fine, but those days are really gone. But even as a one time thing the forged pardons would still allow pvpers to take occasional counts and stay blue.
This. I went Red on my pvp mage years back BECAUSE nobody on LS really did factions 10 years ago, and it was needed with all the people playing/on blues, since you'd flag on everyone. I ended up wiping all of my counts because there was no longer a need to be Red. I have gone Red since then, killing someone in Fel Blackthorn over & over, but I ate Forged Pardons (which are now dirt cheap.) With everyone that pvp's now in vvv, they're freely attackable everywhere in Fel, and I don't need to worry about the GZ if I flag on them.

However, anyone that healed me when I was Red would have potentially been guardwhacked, which is why I wiped the counts in the first place - after I died in one fight @ Yew (in the gate's area), I decided to get a Royal Pardon to ensure it didn't happen again.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
However, anyone that healed me when I was Red would have potentially been guardwhacked
I believe VvV is a nice fix for blue trying to guard kill. Now do a blue going orange from attacking a red? I hope not.
I have been wondering why all our reds on Siege go blue as they can go everywhere, I really miss them being red.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe VvV is a nice fix for blue trying to guard kill. Now do a blue going orange from attacking a red? I hope not.
I have been wondering why all our reds on Siege go blue as they can go everywhere, I really miss them being red.
If the Red is in VvV & the blue is not, I believe the blue will go orange when they flag, similar to when someone not in vvv heals someone that is.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enemy summons and pets should not reduce karma to kill. I've definitely seen this with vollems, I think I've seen it with pixies, and I saw it with something the other night which I think was a Faction warhorse but I can't be sure -- whatever died, I was dead when it died, and I was a screen and a half or so from the ongoing fight.

There's plenty of RP reasons to not lose Karma, and frankly those should be enough to warrant changing how this works. If it's not, however, then consider the fact that Chivalry spells at least in part are dependent upon Karma.

-Galen's player

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
when we speak about karma, I also think the lose of fame, when dying in PvP do stop alot from doing PvP. I like karma lose if you steal or kill blue and gain if you kill reds. I'm not sure how it works in VvV. If we get to choose Virtue or Vice, it would be great if Virtue did gain karma for killing Vice and Vice did lose karma for killing Virtue. I always liked the good old Dread Lords.
I do understand the reason for Fame gain or lose, but I do believe it make death to players harder for a blue who are new to PvP

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Huhza?
If you want justice why don't you just kill the reds?
It would be even cooler if there was some sort of ingame 'justice' system that rewarded you with something like 'justice' for in fact killing reds.
It would be even cooler if all that built up 'justice' had a cool use at spawns or something.
Just dreaming here though I guess...
again, there aren't the reds around to kill, everyone turned blue and stays blue. lame . it means nothing now to kill anyone without fault, lame
royal pardons should be one time use per char will help a lot.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the things that annoys me about the system is I will turn up to fight and the lame ass players who just turn up to steal the sigil thing and don't even want to fight.

They will be in llama form and running off screen before I even have a chance to get their health bar.

Now I understand this is part of VvV and I could use a mana spike to reveal them along with other methods but I thought the idea was to encourage PvP and actual fights between players?
Considering I have a "sig thief" and I spend the majority of my time stealing sig's when I get to play... (which is normally at work) I resent this comment. I at least try to put up a fight and have adapted my template to have fun stealing sigils. Imagine getting lit up with greater exp potions (50 ep and alch) when you least expect it! Ive yet to kill anyone, but the comments I've gotten is quite funny!

The great thing bout UO is there are unlimited templates and you are not forced to play a cookie cutter char.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again, there aren't the reds around to kill, everyone turned blue and stays blue. lame . it means nothing now to kill anyone without fault, lame
royal pardons should be one time use per char will help a lot.
There are no reds around? LOL. What shard are you on? There are plenty on LS, Atl, and I assume GL too.

Considering I have a "sig thief" and I spend the majority of my time stealing sig's when I get to play... (which is normally at work) I resent this comment. I at least try to put up a fight and have adapted my template to have fun stealing sigils. Imagine getting lit up with greater exp potions (50 ep and alch) when you least expect it! Ive yet to kill anyone, but the comments I've gotten is quite funny!

The great thing bout UO is there are unlimited templates and you are not forced to play a cookie cutter char.
Personally, I don't mind if a thief shows up. Most of the time, they don't bother me, since they know they can't win. On the rare occasions that they do try to fight, they'll just stealth away - when they do that, I just let it go. One guild on LS will bring 6+ people for towns (and everything else), and if a thief is there, they can't even FIND them. Granted, most of them are on dexers, but still.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no reds around? LOL. What shard are you on? There are plenty on LS, Atl, and I assume GL too.
Personally, I don't mind if a thief shows up. Most of the time, they don't bother me, since they know they can't win. On the rare occasions that they do try to fight, they'll just stealth away - when they do that, I just let it go. One guild on LS will bring 6+ people for towns (and everything else), and if a thief is there, they can't even FIND them. Granted, most of them are on dexers, but still.
HAHAHA Thats MY thief on LS that UOF tries to zerg to kill..... Just wait I have a "new" surprise for them once I am able to log back into ls again!