• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Before you get excited about Shroud of the Avatar ...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing the last couple of releases, and I gotta say, each one gets better. I do believe that R12, which comes on line on thursday, will move SotA forward. I'm looking forward to it myself, have been having alot of fun playing, testing, running all over the place and seeing what's what.

I think one of the best things is that the players have been listened too. Now, don't go saying they haven't been listened too and giving examples cause it just doesn't fly. Not every player is gonna get everything he wants, and there's a ton of stuff/requests/changes/fixes that may yet make it into the game, next release, next episode, next year. With such a huge dev team *chuckles*, it may take awhile to implement some things we would all like to see. Personally, I'm hoping Archers have been given some love this Release (they say they have). As a ranger, I'm hoping a fighting pet is not too far off into the future (but I think it's down the road aways). Maybe special arrows, I see this before the pet thing, but both or either, is not around the corner....it's around the corner and down the street and maybe even over the bridge, but it's there.

Haz, Parrot, DM, Madis of Atlantic
Haz Mac of SotA

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not quite sure why there has been so much Shroud 'bashing' from the OP (especially when the OP clearly knows very little about the game and it's development). I have to say I've been a supporter of the game since the start, the Alpha releases are getting better and better (having lots of fun).

I agree it isn't a replacement for UO......it's completely different. In saying that there are certain aspects that it has in common with UO in the same way there are certain aspects that it has in common with the rest of the Ultima series. Its true.....Shroud will not be a UO killer....it doesn't need to be (to be fair UO has made a good job of killing itself in the past few years without any help).

Shroud will attract many players old and new, players who know the Ultima series and UO as well as players who have never heard of them.

You can currently purchase Shroud for $25 due to a promotion. At that price, my advise is to just jump on board, give it a go and then make your own mind up........All I would say is, remember it is in Alpha (will go Beta next year) and if you don't like the current release for whatever reason.......take part, be constructive and tell them on the forums........if you do like it, also tell them about it.

Reactions: Mac