• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some thoughts about Trammel and PvP

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you wanted to bring pvp to trammel (which I personally think has no way of ever coming to pass) you need to be damn sure it's consensual and not buggy. nothing kills a guild faster than the old afk slaying at luna or someone deciding to kill a few guildies knowing and wanting to be run from a guild there in.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you wanted to bring pvp to trammel (which I personally think has no way of ever coming to pass) you need to be damn sure it's consensual and not buggy. nothing kills a guild faster than the old afk slaying at luna or someone deciding to kill a few guildies knowing and wanting to be run from a guild there in.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Stat loss was awesome in big team fights. it forced you to rethink your strategy and still be a useful team mate while you let it run the course. We had big fights on chessy before they neutered factions and it was some of the best fights I've had in game.

I think its been proven about getting new participants in pvp. I fight on several shards now and you tend to see the same people over and over again.

fact remains there's been ZERO new content that's exclusive to fel. imho this is a big reason why there's a staleness regarding new participation in what is probably the highest mental challenge in the game.

Let me say that I do enjoy pvm as well however the AI of the mob cannot compare to that of another human (except for a few players in the PITS guild that have IQ's lower than ettins.) ... j/k
Oh, we're talking about a different kind of stat loss, which was done away with when AoS was introduced. Originally, this stat loss was permanent skill loss for anyone who ressed red. Then in 1999, murder counts were expanded to long-term and short-term counts: a character was red if it had 200 or more hours of murder counts, and a red character would suffer stat loss if it had any short-term counts. This was the most severe penalty for being red. As I mentioned, I heard of one who died with so many counts that he went from master mage to neophyte mage. Some died so deeply red that it was easier to delete the character and train a new one. I think my archer once went from 90 to the 70s. The next time I died, and this was when a murder count was simply 8 hours, I macroed day and night for two months to get blue.

The game is not going to get Trammel types interested in PvP when it's largely about moongate-hugging, house-hiding and ganking. Even at champ spawns, newcomers will not be encouraged when the only time they're attacked is a zerg rush with at least 2:1 odds.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sits in her claw tub*- -
Ok I am not a PvP'er. Never have been. - - I play for relaxation. - - etc
Ditto. -- sorry if I repeat what many have already said:

Griefing and bad conduct of the PvPers in the OLD WORLD brought about the NEED for Trammel.
I expected a totally separate game to be made, not a mirror reflection.
At the time Trammel was made, the census of opinion was that it would NEVER fly but Surprise! Trammel survived !
- - Why?
Everyone can chose their preferred play style!

Even PVPers enjoy both worlds by having "Blue" Accounts in Trammel.
ALL of which helps support UO. :banana:

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Stat loss was awesome in big team fights. it forced you to rethink your strategy and still be a useful team mate while you let it run the course. We had big fights on chessy before they neutered factions and it was some of the best fights I've had in game.

I think its been proven about getting new participants in pvp. I fight on several shards now and you tend to see the same people over and over again.

fact remains there's been ZERO new content that's exclusive to fel. imho this is a big reason why there's a staleness regarding new participation in what is probably the highest mental challenge in the game.

Let me say that I do enjoy pvm as well however the AI of the mob cannot compare to that of another human (except for a few players in the PITS guild that have IQ's lower than ettins.) ... j/k
Yet even the pits guys can kill u 1v1 :heart:

In all seriousness though...I play to pvp, not kill miners, and will continue to do so until none is left. And join everyone else in finding a new game, and leaving the rest to farm tram to it's full extent..and sell amongst each other...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet even the pits guys can kill u 1v1 :heart:

In all seriousness though...I play to pvp, not kill miners, and will continue to do so until none is left. And join everyone else in finding a new game, and leaving the rest to farm tram to it's full extent..and sell amongst each other...

You are the exception. There are many decent PVP and PVM players in UO. I play for fun, not to farm gold. There are too many ruining both Trammel and Felucca.

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It can get lonely having a full account of reds on several shards when you know people with blue toons playing in the other facets. Also playing solo has its boring downtime during most of the day when nobody uses Fel. Give us an On & Off button to toggle pvp on & pvp off in Tram, Ilsh, Mal, Tok, Ter facets at will (selectable only when out of combat) & let people choose for themselves if they want to pvp or not.

While the 'neutral' button is toggled reds & blues cannot assist 'friendly fire' toggled reds & blues in Tram, Ilsh, Mal, Tok, Ter facets, but allows the entry into all facets for reds at will. All facets except Fel of course remain 'neutral' as current until otherwise altered by the individual them self. The moderate portion of the community with red toons can then use their functionality & venture to every facet to be a part of society with pvp, pvm, resource gathering, role playing, bank sitting & chatting, or any other idea aspect of game play one may desire.

Broadsword could furthermore offer the following as a precursor to the Virtue & Vice with the above stated. Anyhow thank you for reading, that's all I have for your thread FrejaSP.
Open the :yell:to your :heart: Trammel, Ilsh, Malas, Tok, Ter & let us in.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would take way too much coding to set parameters to let reds in to trammel with way too many bugs..but if blues could set a toggle on that would work...just have no use for guard zones like the old chaos/order was

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The stat loss we speak about is not temporary factions stat loss, it was made for murderers. The goal was to make it harder for them, but it did hurt their victims more as they would team up just to kill a miner or a newbie. They could not risk to die as that would give them around 25% permanent lose of all stats and skills. A res kill would give them 25 % extra lose. So 100 skills would be to 75, then with a res kill would drop them to 56 in skills. It was impossible to retrain a red char as with low skills, he could not defend him self so they was training their next char, when there was not enough friends on for a killing group.

Before stat loss, many reds would offer an fair fight but with stat loss, that would not happen. Also their old enemies, who had a lot fun fighting the reds and stay blue did not want to ruin their old enemies chars, so they joined them instead.
Stat loss for murders did nothing good to the game, it only builded a lot hate and made a lot PvP'ers quit, not only red but also their blue enemies.

I rarely go to fel, except to pvp or do spawn. i would love if i could "turn on" pvp in tram, to be attackable by blues. I can see tramel pvp being very successful if you could turn it off or on, and murder counts werent involved with any killings.
The reason I involved murderer counts was to stop blue from Pking blue. I want the reds to be the enemy. If blue was free to PK all they wanted in the system, you would see far to many blue PK's. Keeping the murderer count make the PK's red and life a little harder for them.
As blue, you can still kill a lot, you will just have to go for the reds and not the ones new to PvP. I was thinking of letting the guardians free of murderer counts but I fear it will be a bad idea.
The system mainly work as the good old red vs blue system, except you need to join one of the groups and you can't fight the ones who choose not to join and if blue, you can't fight the ones in the innocent group

the strong will always prey on the weak, although some will steer clear due to the lack of a challenge others will relish killing the player and giggle with more delight if he is way off the beaten path to get a fresh rez and be on his way.
There will always be some who goes for an easy kill but at least the system will make him red and force him to join the Robber guild. In the Robber guild, he will get more challenge as he not always get to pick a weak target, he will get attacked too. If he want to stay blue, he better get his skill up so he can kill reds if he want to kill :devil:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It can get lonely having a full account of reds on several shards when you know people with blue toons playing in the other facets. Also playing solo has its boring downtime during most of the day when nobody uses Fel. Give us an On & Off button to toggle pvp on & pvp off in Tram, Ilsh, Mal, Tok, Ter facets at will (selectable only when out of combat) & let people choose for themselves if they want to pvp or not.

While the 'neutral' button is toggled reds & blues cannot assist 'friendly fire' toggled reds & blues in Tram, Ilsh, Mal, Tok, Ter facets, but allows the entry into all facets for reds at will. All facets except Fel of course remain 'neutral' as current until otherwise altered by the individual them self. The moderate portion of the community with red toons can then use their functionality & venture to every facet to be a part of society with pvp, pvm, resource gathering, role playing, bank sitting & chatting, or any other idea aspect of game play one may desire.

Broadsword could furthermore offer the following as a precursor to the Virtue & Vice with the above stated. Anyhow thank you for reading, that's all I have for your thread FrejaSP.
Open the :yell:to your :heart: Trammel, Ilsh, Malas, Tok, Ter & let us in.
That is mainly what I ask for. And yes, when PvP goes on, the ones who did not join the system, should not be able to help with healing but if only fighting monsters, healing each others would be ok. there must be coding for that in the guild wars system so that should be easy to add.
The reds will still be attackable in Trammel zone but only of the ones who join the system.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If stat loss wasn't necessary, then what was to be done? I don't think stat loss worked well, but the Devs at the time didn't want a PvP switch. The game needed some sort of punishment for reds, even if it was not much of a deterrent to being red in the first place. EverQuest flourished especially because it was PvP-consensual, and UO would have died soon if it stayed in its Felucca ruleset. The PvP-willing population was not enough to sustain game revenues. I would say that even at UO's peak, there were fewer willing PvPers (meaning they played to PvP, not just fighting back) than total UO players today.
Some here do not make sense. You sayUO would had died with old Felucca rules and not many wanted to PvP. But a lot was complaining, they could not leave town, could not go to dungeons without getting killed. PK's are PvP'ers too. I know Devs did not want a PvP switch as it would take lots of coding to make it work at that time and it was against the idea of UO. I sure not remember the game as dying. A few new games with consent PvP did steal our players but new games always do that. We don't know how UO had been without Trammel rules. I know a lot joined the game when we got Trammel, but a lot wanted a castle spot or just a large house. Was it really the Trammel code that got people back or more houses and secure houses?

You see what you wrote: "all had right to enjoy the game." What about the person who wanted to mine or chop wood outside town? There were PKs who ranted on Stratics and Crossroads of Britannia, "You're imposing your playstyle on us!" But it's actually the PKs who were imposing their playstyle first. Whether it's 1% of PKs who preyed on the weak, or 99%, they were the ones who brought the final punishment on themselves: a total lack of unwilling victims. That's how the game survived. People didn't want to recall to their houses to find five reds ready to kill them for their key. They didn't want to hunt blood elementals to run into thieves or PKs.
When I said all, I did mean all. If someone just like being a crafter or a monster hunter without risk from PK's, he should be allowed that as long he not abuse it and follow PvP players and help them carry their loot to keep it safe.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it would take way too much coding to set parameters to let reds in to trammel with way too many bugs..but if blues could set a toggle on that would work...just have no use for guard zones like the old chaos/order was
I don't see it would be much different than guild wars in Trammel. You mainly let players turn Fel code on in Trammel but only vs others who also turn it on. The looting limit I added may give some trouble.
You enjoy PvP and for you and on and off switch would work but it would stop a lot from joining as it will be to hard players new to PvP

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sure it is important that it's consensual and not buggy. It's not a guild thing, the guild master can't join the whole guild. Only way to get killed in this system is to choose to join it. I think you should find a NPC guild master like the thief guild master to be able to join. The Innocent and Guardian guild master should be somewhere in towns, the Robber guild master should be should be found outside towns, maybe at Brigand spawns and in Felucca too as reds can join too.

I would like a little quest to join to tell about the rules so they know what they are doing. If it was possible to add a little RP around it, that would be cool. We can't have someone get lured to join, they need to know the risk.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Bring Chaos / Order Back
and Please bring Thief's Back, was the best moments of my UO time, Stealth Around and Steal that Silver Vanquish Katana and run for your life!!!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some here do not make sense. You sayUO would had died with old Felucca rules and not many wanted to PvP. But a lot was complaining, they could not leave town, could not go to dungeons without getting killed. PK's are PvP'ers too. I know Devs did not want a PvP switch as it would take lots of coding to make it work at that time and it was against the idea of UO. I sure not remember the game as dying. A few new games with consent PvP did steal our players but new games always do that. We don't know how UO had been without Trammel rules. I know a lot joined the game when we got Trammel, but a lot wanted a castle spot or just a large house. Was it really the Trammel code that got people back or more houses and secure houses?
We did have "Felucca rules," though -- for the first 2½ years. Neither of us know how many joined for the first time after Trammel, or how many were returning players, but it's still clear that Trammel brought in players. Oh yes, the game with Felucca-rules-only would have died. Every major UO forums of the time, including Usenet newsgroups, were filled with complaints that they didn't want to hunt monsters only to get attacked by PKs. Do you know one of the most common questions when EverQuest was announced? "Will it have a PvP switch?" It showed where most players' priorities are.

I would not say that "all" PKs were PvPers. It was not "PvP" when they deliberately attacked only the weakest opponents. And even if they were "PvPing," why should they get to ruin other people's fun? A blacksmith, then and now, does not force others to participate. Then how can someone call himself a "PvPer" and force others to participate?

It's different today because you know that in Felucca, you can be attacked outside town. But before Trammel, most players just wanted to hunt monsters without getting PKd, or run from WBB to the Brit moongate without getting ganked. Garriot's thought of player police did not work. The penalties of being red, then stat loss upon death, did not work. Player after player kept asking when we could get a PvP switch, and because most PKs did not restrain themselves, we got Trammel. Again, Siege's low population shows how much people like that kind of environment.

When I said all, I did mean all. If someone just like being a crafter or a monster hunter without risk from PK's, he should be allowed that as long he not abuse it and follow PvP players and help them carry their loot to keep it safe.
Nothing personal, but I find that a ridiculous solution. Maybe that's how things work on Siege, but Siege's low population speaks for itself. People do not want to be extorted in order to play.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nothing personal, but I find that a ridiculous solution. Maybe that's how things work on Siege, but Siege's low population speaks for itself. People do not want to be extorted in order to play.
I think you misunderstood me here. With my idea, all are free to play without risk for PK's or PvP, all to do is not to join the NPC PvP guilds and no one can attack them, unless they go to Felucca. But it can be abused if a PK or PvP'er have a friend or a char on an other account, who follow him and carry his loot and keep it safe. Not sure how to solve that.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, now I understand. I thought you meant a system where PKs would voluntarily not kill a miner, as long as he walked around with them.

Non-attackable blues as pack animals is a good point about a PvP switch -- which means a Felucca/Trammel split was the better solution, and anyone in Felucca can be attacked. :) It might not be as much of a problem on shards with item insurance, though, especially if the fighting is busy. Siege and Mugen wouldn't have such a PvP switch because of their design.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ah, now I understand. I thought you meant a system where PKs would voluntarily not kill a miner, as long as he walked around with them.

Non-attackable blues as pack animals is a good point about a PvP switch -- which means a Felucca/Trammel split was the better solution, and anyone in Felucca can be attacked. :) It might not be as much of a problem on shards with item insurance, though, especially if the fighting is busy. Siege and Mugen wouldn't have such a PvP switch because of their design.
That was one of the reasons I added limit to looting in this system, so only stackables can be looted. I have one problem with item insurance, res killing to more insurance money to the killer. If the armor and weapon can't be looted, there will be less reason for res killing and less reason to abuse the system

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before insurance, in real PvP there was a purpose if the killer had not finished looting. A lot of PKs would res kill just for the laughs, though. I knew someone who complained he suffered so much stat loss, but he could blame only himself, because he killed anything that moved. If he killed someone, and the victim found a wandering healer and returned after two minutes, he'd kill the victim again for a fresh murder count.

After insurance was introduced, losing more insurance money was its own penalty for ressing too soon. I never had a problem with that.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Before insurance, in real PvP there was a purpose if the killer had not finished looting. A lot of PKs would res kill just for the laughs, though.
On Siege, we do not have insurance. Res killing do have 2 purpose, if the victim start to loot before the killer is back or the victim start to complain about dying or trash talk. We do have a few who will res kill for grief.
Dry looting do happen, If everything is in bags, the killer just loot bags and sort later. Some killers may need most on a body, others use looting to show respect or disrespect. I rarely lose much, sometimes nothing but I'm well known and respected.
Back on Atlantic, I could easy replace my lose, but even there, not all would loot me dry.

I knew someone who complained he suffered so much stat loss, but he could blame only himself, because he killed anything that moved. If he killed someone, and the victim found a wandering healer and returned after two minutes, he'd kill the victim again for a fresh murder count.
We will never agree about stat loss, it killed the wrong PK's. The ones who would take time to RP and give you a fair fight, was the ones it did hurt. The ones who did not care much about their victim, would be safe in numbers and never give you a fair fight. I enjoyed the challenge from the reds and a lot of them ended up as friendly enemies, who would kill me just for the fight. I saw them give up and I could not fight them after we got stat loss as I respected them and did not want to win a fight and put them in stat loss. Temp stat loss would had been a better choice.
I know Cats had Shadowclan Orc, a guild that lived at Yew Orc Fort, The guild had several rules for their members. They had to join on a new char with a orc name and had to go red as a newbie. Most was warriors, only using orc armor. They was not allowed to have a house, they was only allowed to loot stuff an orc could use, stuff like orc armor, bandages, skinnies and cider.
When ther saw non orcs around the fort, they would surround them, yell GIB TRIBUTS and the victim could safe their life if they dropped gold or cider. What did you think Stat Loss did to a guild like them?
Some of them moved to Siege, when Siege was born and we was very happy to get them and their RP.

After insurance was introduced, losing more insurance money was its own penalty for ressing too soon. I never had a problem with that.
I like to res my victims, if we had insurance on Siege, many would fair a res kill and refuse to let me res them. Sometimes when I get killed, I get a res too and a chat after. Sometimes I get a revenge fight to see if I can do better. I hope we never will see insurance on Siege, I rather risk all my gear.

PvP is not just kill, loot and leave, sometimes it's more like a dance both enjoy, even if one is a PK and one is a victim.
I remember a PK who killed my miner, he did only loot my hat and danced around me with it on his head :)

You may say, the victims for a PK never see it as fun, but when you add a little RP, thing changes. Here is one of my stories from I was in a undead guild. Please explain the women reaction. Sorry for the grammar, my English sucks at that time I wrote it

Was that Myrkuls work?
Freja was riding at an old road, she know very well, when she saw two ladies, one was young, the other could had been her mother.
They both had an axe and was out cutting woods. They was in dress and hats and did not look like they belong to the forest. They looked very innocent and Freja could get close to them without they reacted like Mortals use to do. They just said Hello, when they saw Freja.
Freja looked at them, and was thinking, that she wanted to please Myrkul with this two lady souls.
Freja like to tell them why she attack, so she said: 'Prepare to die foolish mortal. My master Myrkul requires your soul.' and attacked one of them named Lovis. It did not look like Lovis wanted to give up her soul and she jumped on her horse, run to town.
Freja then attack the other woman, the young one named Aliena. This lady did not run but tryed to fight, she died fast.
She did not have much with her and Freja raised her again and told her: 'Thank you for adding your puny mortal soul to Myrkul's greatness'
She mumbled something, not easy to understand, then she asked:'who is myrkul?'
Befor Freja could say more as 'My Master and God', Lovis was back and attacked Freja.
Freja and Lovis took a race more to town, Lovis did not know, that Freja know this forest very well and know how close she could go to town without get in trouble with the guards.
Freja went back to Aliena.
Aliena was still asking quistions: Aha and what is your god saying to kill ladies?
Freja said, Lady souls pleased Myrkul very well.
Freja told: My masters is undead lords. I'm only a slave yet serving my lords and their God Myrkul.
This lady was careless, she was rumbling around in her items, then she said: Wow, a necklace, look! and she smiled to Freja.
Now, i am a rich lady or not? she said.
She again looked at Freja and said: can i ask you something, but, you must say the truth.
Ok ask Freja said.
Why are all the evils killing everyone, what do they want?
Freja did not have the answar for this, she could only try to explain, why she was killing, and even that made her trouble, she only knew, she had to kill to harvest souls to Myrkul, and she enjoyed it.
Lovis is back again, Freja attack her and once more Freja lose the race to town.
Lovis keep coming back, this time yelling 'go ahead talk to Aliena and Don't shoot me, I'm a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB'
Freja did not know what a noob was, Freja attacked again.
Aliena started yelling, Stop, Lovis is my aunt, please not kill old ladies.
Freja stopped, did not follow the old lady to town this time.
Lovis was back again, yelled: TALK, do not KILL me.
A evil looking mortal show up, there was writing GRANDOR: [Apache Warlard, Hun] on his clothes.
Corp Por - Energy Bolt, GRANDOR said, then he laugh and run of with arrows hitting him his back.
Aliena keep asking: Tell me, what have i do with the evils in this land.
Of all the evils, who have killing me, no one has taken my stuff, why?
Bloodthirsty Freja said.
Freja looked at Lovis: I still need your soul for Myrkul, she said.
Take it if you want, Lovis said.
Freja said, she would let Lovis keep her sould to next time.
Lovis dropped all her items in the hands of Aliena and said: Ready to be killed.
Aliena started to beg: Kill her please now, I have all her stuff, please kill her.
Freja was wondering, what happing to this ladies and said no not today.
Next time is early enough, Lovis said and smiled.
My stuff please I am freezing to death otherwise, Lovis said with a shivery voice.
Aliena, my stuff please, she demended.
Aliena smiled evil, but did not give the stuff back.
Lovis attacked Aliena without having a weapen.
Let kill, Aliena said and armed her axe.
Freja dropped an axe for Lovis feeds and the older lady turned out to be the strongest or the best to swing an axe, and Aliena died again.
Haha Lovis said, and picked up her items from Aliena's body.
Freja shake her head and leave the ladies after she raised Aliena again.
Freja don't understand what made this two ladies bloodthirsty, could it be Myrkul?
Freja, Slave of Myrkul, [UDL]

That story was made for the guild forum as all new members had to start as mortal slaves and write a story a week before they was knighted as full members around 2 months later.
The log from my journal show a little more about my first meeting with this 2 ladies.

You see: Aliena
You see: Lovis
Freja: Prepare to die foolish mortal
Freja: My master Myrkul requires your soul.
Freja: You are attacking Lovis!
You see: Avia Ta'Kier
Freja: You are attacking Aliena!
Aliena: toll
niko: (tame)
You see: niko
You see: a corpse of Aliena
Aliena: OOo
Freja: I'll ress
Freja: show
You begin applying the bandages.
Freja: Thank you for adding your puny mortal soul to Myrkul's greatness
Aliena: that's not true
Aliena: ;-)
You finish applying the bandages.
Aliena: ?
Aliena: what?
Freja: take your stuff
Aliena: who is myrkul?
Freja: Lovis is attacking you!
Freja: my God
Aliena: aha
Aliena: and what is your god saying
Aliena: to kill ladies?
Freja: UDL is undead lords
Freja: I'm only a slave yet
Freja: serving my lords
Freja: and Myrkul
You see: Avia Ta'Kier
Aliena: wow, a necklace
Aliena: look
Freja: nice
Aliena: now, i am a rich lady
Aliena: or not?
Freja: with nest patch
Aliena: and 13 gold
Freja: I can make colored jewels
Aliena: oh
Aliena: how can make jewels?
Aliena: or must i find it?
Freja: tinkers will be able to use colored ingots
Aliena: ah
Aliena: i heard about it
Freja: saw it on TC
Aliena: you need a book
Freja: look great
Aliena: to can make this
Aliena: Freja
Freja: My 'sister' is tinker
Aliena: can i ask you something
Freja: sure
Aliena: but, you must say the truth
Freja: ok
Freja: I will
Aliena: why are all the reds killing everyone
Freja: hehe
Aliena: you want to have a count?
Aliena: or what?
niko: Niko appears to have decided that it is better off without a master!
Freja: it's fun
Aliena: *begins taming a creature.*
Aliena: Don't be afraid.
Aliena: Good...
Freja: you love gz
Sgt Pepper: [CM]
You see: Sgt Pepper
Derick: (Mystic, Council of Mages)
You see: Derick
Derick: (Mystic, Council of Mages)
Aliena: wait
Lovis: go ahead talk to Aliena and Don't shoot me, I'm a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB
Aliena: freja
Aliena: wait
Freja: I want the soul
Aliena: stop
Aliena: he
Aliena: hey
Aliena: Lovis is my aunt
Aliena: please
Aliena: not kill old ladies
Freja: she won'y lose anything
Aliena: ?
Aliena: what?
Freja: she had tryed to get me inside guard zone
Aliena: she has nothing
Aliena: ok........that is, what all blue people try
Aliena: but
Freja: she had attacked me too
Aliena: i will ask you something
Freja: don't worry for her
Aliena: tell me
Aliena: the Reds will accounts?
Aliena: is it right?
Lovis: TALK, do not KILL me :)))
Freja: account?
Lovis: TALK, do not KILL me :)))
Aliena: a count
Aliena: sorry
Freja: ok
Lovis: hi :)
Aliena: my english is so bad
Aliena: that is lovis
Aliena: my best friend
Freja: you asked why reds kill all
Lovis: pffff :)
Aliena: old ladies we are
Aliena: yes
Freja: I'm too
Freja: female
Aliena: that's my question
Freja: 46 year
Aliena: ui
Lovis: haha
Aliena: i am 36
Lovis: me I am 46 too
Aliena: ,-)
Lovis: *laughs*
Aliena: ok
Freja: I kill as RP
Aliena: but
Freja: to get souls to Myrkul
Aliena: one question
GRANDOR: [Apache Warlard, Hun]
You see: GRANDOR
Aliena: if i give you no count
GRANDOR: Corp Por - Energy Bolt
GRANDOR: lol
Freja: You are attacking GRANDOR!
Aliena: you will angry?
Freja: no
Aliena: tell me, what have i do with the reds
Aliena: counting?
Freja: most take it nice
Aliena: or not?
Lovis: your english is awful my dear :)))
Freja: you are out here
Freja: so you are target
Freja: special
Freja: on SP
Aliena: all the reds, who have killing me
Aliena: no one has taken my stuff
Freja: think so
Aliena: why?
Lovis: hihi
Freja: not all
Lovis: your stuff is of no interest :))
Aliena: *lol
Freja: many are RP's
Freja: but we do have jerks too
Freja: who only want to grief
Freja: and loot
Lovis: glassballs... leather... sextants :))
Aliena: no one has loot me
Aliena: i am newbie
Freja: good
Aliena: but all reds kill
Freja: most are more nice to ladies
Aliena: Lovis, sag net, mein Englisch is furchtbar
Aliena: es ist gut
Lovis: your english IS awful :))
Freja: my germans is poor
Aliena: *lol
Freja: I'm danish
Aliena: my german is better
Aliena: oh........danish
Lovis: oh... scandinavians are polyglott
Lovis: danske skal leve
Freja: ?
Aliena: the americans cannot speak any language more
Lovis: (or something like that)
Aliena: hehe
Lovis: I once lived near denmark
Aliena: skal
Lovis: :))
Freja: I learned most of my englist in UO
Aliena: skal
Lovis: schleswig
Freja: and on message boards
Lovis: really?
Aliena: wow
Lovis: wow
Lovis: :))
Freja: 4 year
Freja: with UO
You see: a rabbit
Aliena: my english is 20 years old
Lovis: yes I see, you are a veteran :)
Lovis: and now ?
Aliena: *looking to the scroll from Freja
Lovis: next question Aliena?
Character Profile
This account is 50 months old
Aliena: how may men you are taken
Freja: alot
Aliena: wow
Aliena: Lovis and i
Freja: I'm well known here
Lovis: hahahaha
Lovis: beautiful :)
Freja: most do not attack me
Aliena: we search since last year in UO
Aliena: for a nice man
Freja: :)
Aliena: no one found till yet
Freja: there is many nice men on SP
Lovis: till now :)
Freja: most are red
Aliena: grr
Lovis: hm...
Lovis: reds know each other I presume?
Aliena: Lovis try to learn me........and perfectionised me
Aliena: lol
Freja: *Smiles*
Aliena: not to learn
Aliena: to teach me
Lovis: no chance to do so, my dear Aliena :))
Aliena: my dearest
Freja: I'm happy to seee more ladies here
Aliena: try to teach me
Lovis: one life is not long enough to teach you :)))
Lovis: oh
Lovis: in df
Freja: I was on DF
Aliena: we are a big group
Freja: long ago
Aliena: all ladies
Lovis: all elder ladies
Freja: The Vile Vinnie
Lovis: ah :))
Aliena: no
Freja: red too
Aliena: the Mannheimser
Lovis: no... never saw you
Lovis: I think
Lovis: I am Lovis in df
Freja: 2 year ago
Lovis: and here
Freja: Siege got my heart
Aliena: do you play on another shard, freja?
Freja: DF and Atlantic
Freja: but this one is my main
Aliena: DF?
Freja: Drachenfells
Aliena: yeah
Lovis: yes
Aliena: it is our main-shard
Freja: many jerks on DF
Aliena: jerks?
Lovis: not so laggy as the other ons
Freja: I like the players better here
Lovis: hm... sp is so laggy
Freja: maybe
Freja: I do have adsl
Freja: but some days are bad
Lovis: for most of us germans the connection is bad
Lovis: me too dsl
Lovis: t-dsl :))
Aliena: i have dsl too........but we must to login to america
Lovis: but nevertheless it is laggy :(
Aliena: that's the problem
Freja: you did run fine before
Lovis: well ladies
Lovis: me?
Lovis: no :)))
Lovis: not really
Freja: yes :p
Lovis: I run against every stone
Lovis: tree
Lovis: vendor
Lovis: grave
Freja: I still need to get your soul
Lovis: bushes
Aliena: i think
Aliena: the relationship to me is bad
Lovis: take it if you want :)
Aliena: i make all this too
Freja: I will let it groe stronger
Freja: Myrkul want strong and brave souls
Aliena: hihi
Aliena: myrkul
Aliena: it sounds like Batman
Aliena: or Kermit
Freja: a death god
Aliena: or MissPiggy
Lovis: ready to be killed :)
Freja: I will wait
Lovis: oooooooooooOOOOOOO
Freja: to next time
Aliena: kill her
Aliena: please
Aliena: now
Lovis: next time?
Aliena: i have all her stuff
Freja: next time I see you
Lovis: maybe then I am stronger....
Aliena: a better situation
Lovis: :)
Aliena: nothing happens
Freja: don't worry, I rarely loot
Aliena: please kill
Freja: and do guard the body
Aliena: kill her
Lovis: no :)
Freja: not today
Lovis: next time is early enough :))
Lovis: my stuff please
Lovis: I am freezing to death otherwise
Freja: lol
Lovis: *shivers*
Lovis: Aliena?!
Lovis: my stuff please :))
Lovis: h
Lovis: m
Lovis: she
Lovis: seems to be gone
You see Aliena attacking Lovis!
Lovis: my stuffi please
Lovis: oh noooooooooooooooooo
Lovis: she is awful
Lovis: not only her english !!!
Aliena: let kill
Aliena: where is the zissel?
Freja: cat fight
Lovis: I am the zissel now
Freja: thx
Lovis: thanks :))
Aliena: ooooOOooooOOO
Aliena: OoooOoOOOoOooOO
Freja: let me heal you
Lovis: got my stuff
Aliena: OOoOOOoooOOoOo
You are unable to resurrect your patient.
Lovis: you are the nicest red I have ever seen :))
Lovis: i go and get my bandis
Freja: any food on you
Aliena: OOOOOOOOoooooooOOOooOOooOooOoOO
Aliena: OOoOOOOoOooooOoOO
Freja: saw any healers?
You are able to resurrect your patient.
Lovis: i do not have enough to resu
Freja: she is hard to res :)
You finish applying the bandages.
Aliena: i am alive
Aliena: no
Aliena: i was very easy
Freja: your horse
You see: Tanis
You see: Gloria
Tanis: --hey fre
Tanis: I am a pk to
Freja: and
You see: Tanis
Freja: name?
Tanis: so leave me alone and I will do the same for u
Tanis: k?
Freja: I don'y use to kill shopping players
Freja: but as UDL
Tanis: thanks
Freja: I can't promise
Freja: I won't attack on other places
Tanis: k thanks
Tanis: thats cool
Tanis: I will help you out
Tanis: if you get banged buy blues
Tanis: Vendor buy The bank
Gloria: Tanis
Freja: name of red?
Tanis: this is going to be my red
Freja: oh
Tanis: I am getting rdy
Tanis: shopping
Tanis: then going red
Aliena: where is my niko.........my horse?
Tanis: heheh
Freja: I don't know
Gloria: Tanis
Freja: I will look
Lovis: :)
Freja: you can lumber on him
Lovis: on whom please?
Freja: the horse
Lovis: the horse?
Freja: why not on him
Lovis: my horsi?
Freja: monsters and PK's will attack him
Lovis: yes
Lovis: ah
Lovis: yes it works
Freja: I must run, take care both
Lovis: thanks
Aliena: a new niko is born
Lovis: I did not know :))
Lovis: well take care
Aliena: i must got also
Aliena: freja
Lovis: and I wish you a lot of souls and hearts :))
Freja: bye ladies
Aliena: don't kill old ladies
Aliena: in future
Lovis: bye :))
You see: Kiss
Aliena: ;-)))))))
Freja: Myrkul like old ladies soul
Lovis: nice ladies like all of us :))
Freja: s
Aliena: nice evening
Freja: to you too
Lovis: and do not kill lessa please
Aliena: my soul , he has taken
Lovis: Lessa is alienas mother
Freja: yes
Aliena: now......it's enough
Lovis: and my eldest sister :)
Lovis: she is 60 years old :))
Aliena: kill lesssa
Lovis: noooooooo
Aliena: she is my mother
Freja: be nice both and save a few hearts to me
Lovis: pffft
Lovis: okay :))
Aliena: no.........i will get all the money
Freja: cya
Lovis: *waves*

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ups missed your post, sorry
*sits in her claw tub*

Ok I am not a PvP'er. Never have been. But I do travel to fel, mine, mark runes, and just explore. Rarely been attacked, and can usually hold my own, unless I go into a giggling fit during the fight.
I love my claw tub too, would love to at least to be able to sit on my bed too.
You sounds like many of our players on Siege, crafters, PvM'ers, treasure hunters, they don't PvP but are a respected part of our community

[]My thoughts on Reds in Trammel is the griefing that will/may become rampant. Out doing some PvE, minding your own business, along comes a group of reds and the griefing commences.[/quote]
They are there already, just on their blue.

So your options are, ignore the crowd and rants of ' Your mother wears army boots! ', tell them politely that you do not Pvp and they calmly go away...um..doubt it, or follow the ToS and remove yourself from the situation. Of course you have the option of fighting them, but chances are you will get your hat handed to you. What if they decide to camp outside your house? Your vendor shop? An EM event? The possibilities for griefing could be endless, and very discouraging.
I would put them on Ignore as they only can hurt you with word. If you do not join the Innocent or the Guardian NPC guild, they can't attack you and you can't attack them.
The ones who want to play with them can join one of the PvP npc guilds. I believe the griefers of the reds will get attacked a lot of blue PvP'ers in the guardian NPC guild and they will soon shout their mouth.
If you do not join the NPC PvP guild, they can't hurt you at your house, they can't do anything to you, they can't do on their blue.
At EM event, there do risk to be some fights going on between members of the NPC PvP guilds including the reds but that could be the case with guild wars too. However the reds should not be able to go to towns so EM evens in towns will be free of them.

How many times do you think this will happen to someone who does not wish to PvP or put up with the griefing before they say forget it, this is not fun anymore, and go to a different game?
What will happen then? Will they split it a third time? Or say no reds in Ilshenar, or Malas, and everyone will migrate there, or play there?
Reds won't be able to attack player who not join one of the NPC PvP guilds, players have to join one of this guilds to put them self in risk.

I play for relaxation. I don't need the boys and girls, whose playstyle I respect but do not care to participate in, waving their body parts at me when I am out hunting leather, wandering about, killing Daemons, or just stocking my vendors, in Trammel. (Although I will admit I sometimes get a chuckle listening to them in General Chat trying to antagonize each other into fighting, they can be very creative. )
You will see fights go on around you, sometimes but you will be total safe, just like if a guild war goes on around you

You might get one or two folks to join in PvP by seeing Reds in Trammel, but I fear the majority would rather not.
I believe several will try it out, it will feel more safe at the places they use to go than have to go to Fel to test PvP. If the reds can't find some to fight, they can fight each others. Right now, they are there but on their blue, hunting all facets, doing crafting, running shops but you may not know they have a red too. The majority of the reds are not little trash talking kids, they just want to PvP. Allow them into trammel zone let them play their red all the time, you may even se some role players between them.

I just don't see opening up Trammel to Reds as a solution to the lack of PvP in fel. There has to be a better way.
It is not about the lack of PvP in Felucca, it's about allow the ones who like PvP to be a part of their game but not all their game to play the game they like on all facets. It's not about lure players to PvP.

I would invite you to make a char on Siege and hang out and listen to the chat and maybe traveling a little. Try guess the color of the players in chat, you may be surpriced. I can offer you a [Newborn on Siege, NEW2] tag over your head, so you can traveling almost safe as most red and thieves gives new Siege players a month to train in peace.

DENNAR

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to admit, I never liked the split in Trammel and Felucca but I don't think it's to late to Merge it a little again without removing the choice to be safe in Trammel.
Trammel need a kind of PvP system, where people can choose a level of risk.

My idea is, that a few NPC guilds like the thieves guild can bring the fun back. I'm not sure about the names but something like this:
Innocent Guild, Guardian Guild, Robber Clan and the thieves Guild, we already have.

Some will choose not to join it and be 100 safe just like now. The ones who do not join one of the groups in the PvP system can't be attacked or attack them unless they already are in guild/wars with them.

Innocent can only attack Robbers and only outside town. Thieves can steal stackable from Innocent outside town. Innocent can defend them self vs thieves flaget to them. Innocent can be attacked of Robbers outside town. If they die, only stackable can be looted of the robber who killed them. They should have 2 min after rez, where they can't be rez killed unless they re attack the robber, who killed them. In this 2 min, they can auto loot their non stackable items. After the 2 min, they can click body again to auto loot leftover stackable on their body. Innocent can't have murderer count from killing in Felucca, that will kick them from the Innocent guild.

Guardians can attack Robbers, Thieves and other Guardians outside town, however killing other guardians will give them a murderer count if reported. They can attack Thieves flaget to them and Robbers inside town. They can't attack Innocent. If they die, only stackable can be looted of the robbers or guardians who killed them. They should have 2 min after rez, where they can't be rez killed unless they re attack the robber or guardian, who killed them. In this 2 min, they can auto loot their non stackable items. After the 2 min, they can click body again to auto loot leftover stackable on their body.
Guardians can max have 4 murderer counts from killing in Felucca or killing other guardians. They are kicked from the Guardian guild if they get 5+ murderer counts.

Thieves can steal stackable from Innocent outside town and from Guardians and Robbers inside town however Guardians can call guards on them inside town. Robbers can't do that but they can attack a thief flaget to them. Looting rules will be the same as for Guardians and Innocent except, that they can't steal again before after the 2 min if they was flaget to the killer. Else the rules for thieves guild are as now. Thieves are kicked from the Thieves guild if they get 5+ murderer counts.

Robbers are red, they can attack Innocent, thieves and guardians outside town and Robbers everywhere. Robbers will get a murderer count if reported for killing innocent or guardians. Reds can join the Robber Guild and this way access Trammel.
They are attackable everywhere and the looting rules do not count for them. Everything not insured can be looted if they die, however players not in any of this 4 NPC guilds can't attack or loot them in Trammel.

I really would love to changes like this as I believe it would bring back alot players who don't mind PvP but hate loosing their suit or other valuable items.

Keep in mind, I do not say remove Trammel, only thing I do, is to give a way, other than guild wars to join a PvP system. Your non PvP char will be safe as long he/she do not choose to join one of the NPC PvP Guilds. Sure there would be PvP'ers around you and they may have fun fighting each others but I can't see how that hurt you more than a guild war going on around you.

With a system like this, the game may be fun again and players can start off safe and only look at the fights, then some will get taste for it and join the innocent group. Some will stay there forever, some will leave again, but some will wish for more and move up to guardian or robber group or maybe join the thieves guild.

Trammel was made to protect the ones, who did not want any kind of PvP and the ones, who wanted to choose when to PvP. But even when you can PvP in guild wars in Trammel it do not allow players to make a personal choice when it comes to PvP. A system as this, should allow every player, guilded or not to choose his level of PvP.

A lot players do not want to go to Felucca to PvP and they do not like to risk to be attacked in town in guildwars. This system would bring some of the early UO back without removing the right to choose to be safe and not be a target for PvP.

As I said, it's just some thoughts, so stay polite in this thread, even when you may disagree with my ideas, thanks.

And yes I know, it may not be as easy as it sound, special the looting think can give Devs some challenge.
I have to admit, I never liked the split in Trammel and Felucca but I don't think it's to late to Merge it a little again without removing the choice to be safe in Trammel.
Trammel need a kind of PvP system, where people can choose a level of risk.

My idea is, that a few NPC guilds like the thieves guild can bring the fun back. I'm not sure about the names but something like this:
Innocent Guild, Guardian Guild, Robber Clan and the thieves Guild, we already have.

Some will choose not to join it and be 100 safe just like now. The ones who do not join one of the groups in the PvP system can't be attacked or attack them unless they already are in guild/wars with them.

Innocent can only attack Robbers and only outside town. Thieves can steal stackable from Innocent outside town. Innocent can defend them self vs thieves flaget to them. Innocent can be attacked of Robbers outside town. If they die, only stackable can be looted of the robber who killed them. They should have 2 min after rez, where they can't be rez killed unless they re attack the robber, who killed them. In this 2 min, they can auto loot their non stackable items. After the 2 min, they can click body again to auto loot leftover stackable on their body. Innocent can't have murderer count from killing in Felucca, that will kick them from the Innocent guild.

Guardians can attack Robbers, Thieves and other Guardians outside town, however killing other guardians will give them a murderer count if reported. They can attack Thieves flaget to them and Robbers inside town. They can't attack Innocent. If they die, only stackable can be looted of the robbers or guardians who killed them. They should have 2 min after rez, where they can't be rez killed unless they re attack the robber or guardian, who killed them. In this 2 min, they can auto loot their non stackable items. After the 2 min, they can click body again to auto loot leftover stackable on their body.
Guardians can max have 4 murderer counts from killing in Felucca or killing other guardians. They are kicked from the Guardian guild if they get 5+ murderer counts.

Thieves can steal stackable from Innocent outside town and from Guardians and Robbers inside town however Guardians can call guards on them inside town. Robbers can't do that but they can attack a thief flaget to them. Looting rules will be the same as for Guardians and Innocent except, that they can't steal again before after the 2 min if they was flaget to the killer. Else the rules for thieves guild are as now. Thieves are kicked from the Thieves guild if they get 5+ murderer counts.

Robbers are red, they can attack Innocent, thieves and guardians outside town and Robbers everywhere. Robbers will get a murderer count if reported for killing innocent or guardians. Reds can join the Robber Guild and this way access Trammel.
They are attackable everywhere and the looting rules do not count for them. Everything not insured can be looted if they die, however players not in any of this 4 NPC guilds can't attack or loot them in Trammel.

I really would love to changes like this as I believe it would bring back alot players who don't mind PvP but hate loosing their suit or other valuable items.

Keep in mind, I do not say remove Trammel, only thing I do, is to give a way, other than guild wars to join a PvP system. Your non PvP char will be safe as long he/she do not choose to join one of the NPC PvP Guilds. Sure there would be PvP'ers around you and they may have fun fighting each others but I can't see how that hurt you more than a guild war going on around you.

With a system like this, the game may be fun again and players can start off safe and only look at the fights, then some will get taste for it and join the innocent group. Some will stay there forever, some will leave again, but some will wish for more and move up to guardian or robber group or maybe join the thieves guild.

Trammel was made to protect the ones, who did not want any kind of PvP and the ones, who wanted to choose when to PvP. But even when you can PvP in guild wars in Trammel it do not allow players to make a personal choice when it comes to PvP. A system as this, should allow every player, guilded or not to choose his level of PvP.

A lot players do not want to go to Felucca to PvP and they do not like to risk to be attacked in town in guildwars. This system would bring some of the early UO back without removing the right to choose to be safe and not be a target for PvP.

As I said, it's just some thoughts, so stay polite in this thread, even when you may disagree with my ideas, thanks.

And yes I know, it may not be as easy as it sound, special the looting think can give Devs some challenge.
sorry it has been a long time since my last post forgot how to do it.

Last edited:

DENNAR

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja

Instead of changing Trammel why don't we put in a pvp switch in Felucca? In the past you have always posted about "NO CHANGES TO FELUCCA" now you want to make changes in Trammel.

If they put a pvp switch in for all the lands--ended double resources in felucca, make all the lands the same, the dev team would not have to worry about what content for what facet. All the lands would get all the content.

I have been silent a long time on these boards but seeing your post to change trammel brought me out from hiding.

Love you for your passion Freja, I would love to do a champ spawn for power scrolls and not have to be worried about being raided near reward time only to die to larger numbers and reward the people who raided with my efforts.

Have a great day.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja

Instead of changing Trammel why don't we put in a pvp switch in Felucca? In the past you have always posted about "NO CHANGES TO FELUCCA" now you want to make changes in Trammel.

If they put a pvp switch in for all the lands--ended double resources in felucca, make all the lands the same, the dev team would not have to worry about what content for what facet. All the lands would get all the content.

I have been silent a long time on these boards but seeing your post to change trammel brought me out from hiding.

Love you for your passion Freja, I would love to do a champ spawn for power scrolls and not have to be worried about being raided near reward time only to die to larger numbers and reward the people who raided with my efforts.

Have a great day.
Hej DENNAR, long time no see. Even when we never will agree, it's nice to see you. No, all facets need to be for all. I'm sure it will effect Fel too as there will be less reds there :)
I know the scrolls are a problem, think it is bad, when using carrots to make players PvP, just add them to Trammel too

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Siege, we do not have insurance. Res killing do have 2 purpose, if the victim start to loot before the killer is back or the victim start to complain about dying or trash talk. We do have a few who will res kill for grief.
Dry looting do happen, If everything is in bags, the killer just loot bags and sort later. Some killers may need most on a body, others use looting to show respect or disrespect. I rarely lose much, sometimes nothing but I'm well known and respected.
Back on Atlantic, I could easy replace my lose, but even there, not all would loot me dry.
Before insurance, res killing on regular shards was a big part of the grief, and dry looting too. Maybe Siege has a higher class of PK, but on regular shards, too many PKs were like that. Maybe most PKs weren't like that, but it seemed like it. A few PKs would say to a ghost, "I won't loot if you don't give a count," but what if the victim already gave a count? Griefers would use that as an excuse: "He gave me a count, so I'll loot him." Some PKs would offer a res, but often that was to res kill and gloat "u suk!" over the corpses.

It was also hard for a victim to return to his body, anyway. If someone got PKd in a dungeon or Rat Valley, it was probable his body would decay (or be looted by someone else) before he could get ressed by a friend or find a wandering healer. Many people didn't bother going back just for that reason, and also because the PKs might still be there. All these are why most players were happy with the Fel/Tram split. It was good for players who wanted the fun of hunting monsters, but who didn't want the "challenge" of fighting another player, especially when so many griefers used cheats and/or attacked in great numbers.

We will never agree about stat loss, it killed the wrong PK's. The ones who would take time to RP and give you a fair fight, was the ones it did hurt. The ones who did not care much about their victim, would be safe in numbers and never give you a fair fight. I enjoyed the challenge from the reds and a lot of them ended up as friendly enemies, who would kill me just for the fight. I saw them give up and I could not fight them after we got stat loss as I respected them and did not want to win a fight and put them in stat loss. Temp stat loss would had been a better choice.
I know Cats had Shadowclan Orc, a guild that lived at Yew Orc Fort, The guild had several rules for their members. They had to join on a new char with a orc name and had to go red as a newbie. Most was warriors, only using orc armor. They was not allowed to have a house, they was only allowed to loot stuff an orc could use, stuff like orc armor, bandages, skinnies and cider.
When ther saw non orcs around the fort, they would surround them, yell GIB TRIBUTS and the victim could safe their life if they dropped gold or cider. What did you think Stat Loss did to a guild like them?
Some of them moved to Siege, when Siege was born and we was very happy to get them and their RP.
Temp stat loss makes it too easy, though. I could have had three red characters to rotate through. If one died, then I would let it wait for stat loss to end, and meanwhile I could play the others. But when a murder count meant stat loss, the character was "out of action" for 8 hours of game time. One of my friends had his red ghost macro "All shall pay" over and over, sitting in the Sweet Dreams Inn. There was another who PKd on weekends, then spent the week to macro off counts at the East Brit Bank. He could have stayed hidden like many others, but he simulated a conversation. "It's that time of the week again." "Macroing off murders." "How are you doing?" He had some other things I forget, but his macro would finish, "Nice talking to you." The first two were to insult other players that here was a PK, but now he's with all the innocents, and they can't attack him back. It's because of PKs like him that murder counts became 40 hours for staying red, 8 hours for stat loss.

To most players, there was no "wrong" or "right" type of PK. They didn't want any PKs at all, and Shadowclan Orc is a good example. I heard about them for a long time but never encountered them myself. Their RP was fine for them, but what about players who didn't want to participate? That was the basic issue: a blacksmith, miner or dungeon hunter does not force other players to participate, but a PK does.

You may say, the victims for a PK never see it as fun, but when you add a little RP, thing changes. Here is one of my stories from I was in a undead guild. Please explain the women reaction. Sorry for the grammar, my English sucks at that time I wrote it
I guess Siege attracted a very different kind of PK, and you're a rarity compared to the usual 5v1-gank-loot-everything PK. Still, most people don't want to pay the monthly fee to have anyone, no matter how RP, only to get killed by another player. Very few PKs truly did it for RP, and most who claimed RP were using it as an excuse. "I'm playing a murderer, the land needs murderers." Before Trammel, there were Seer-run events ruined on all shards because a PK guild would go in for the opportunity of many weak RP victims. Then the PKs would make an excuse, "But we were RPing, we were allied with the bad guy."

Did you ever know a Myrkul who went from Sonoma to Siege? He was a very good PvPer and RPer, and a 7x mage back when 4x was godly.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Before insurance, res killing on regular shards was a big part of the grief, and dry looting too. Maybe Siege has a higher class of PK, but on regular shards, too many PKs were like that. Maybe most PKs weren't like that, but it seemed like it. A few PKs would say to a ghost, "I won't loot if you don't give a count," but what if the victim already gave a count? Griefers would use that as an excuse: "He gave me a count, so I'll loot him." Some PKs would offer a res, but often that was to res kill and gloat "u suk!" over the corpses.
I had a blue gang kill me on Atlantic, then offer me a res and laugh, telling me they did hope I got 2x stat loss. Now my victims loved me so they rarely counted me so I was below 5 counts. RP pay off.
How a PK act after he kill you often depend of how you act, to many OooOOooo is no good, just how ghost, move a little away from body and wait, move a little so they don't think you logged out. In many cases, they will tell you to find a healer or even res if they can. If they res, say thanks, ask if you can loot and say thanks again if anything left. Don't start to complain. I don't think PK's are much different on Siege, maybe a little older. About counts, many PK love getting counts as they are proud of them.

It was also hard for a victim to return to his body, anyway. If someone got PKd in a dungeon or Rat Valley, it was probable his body would decay (or be looted by someone else) before he could get ressed by a friend or find a wandering healer. Many people didn't bother going back just for that reason, and also because the PKs might still be there. All these are why most players were happy with the Fel/Tram split. It was good for players who wanted the fun of hunting monsters, but who didn't want the "challenge" of fighting another player, especially when so many griefers used cheats and/or attacked in great numbers.
I did get ressed of PK's in Coveteus, when I was blue, before stat loss. If you just leave, you can't know if they would have ressed you. An other thing, if you come back after res, say hello, when you entre screen, so they know, you are not going to try to loot before they are done or going to attack them.

To most players, there was no "wrong" or "right" type of PK. They didn't want any PKs at all, and Shadowclan Orc is a good example. I heard about them for a long time but never encountered them myself. Their RP was fine for them, but what about players who didn't want to participate? That was the basic issue: a blacksmith, miner or dungeon hunter does not force other players to participate, but a PK does.
Most times, Shadowclan Orc was at their fort and players was searching them out to play with them. They did sometimes leave the fort, but not often, they had enough visitors, who was circling around the fort, hoping for some fun, that be PvP or just the kick from being fast enough to drop something before they attacked.

I guess Siege attracted a very different kind of PK, and you're a rarity compared to the usual 5v1-gank-loot-everything PK. Still, most people don't want to pay the monthly fee to have anyone, no matter how RP, only to get killed by another player. Very few PKs truly did it for RP, and most who claimed RP were using it as an excuse. "I'm playing a murderer, the land needs murderers." Before Trammel, there were Seer-run events ruined on all shards because a PK guild would go in for the opportunity of many weak RP victims. Then the PKs would make an excuse, "But we were RPing, we were allied with the bad guy."
Think the thing with Siege is, all who join accept the risk for PvP. We did have our share of immature PK's in the past, but they always make them self target for both red and blue and punishment for their actions are dry loot, so they do have hard with surviving on Siege. They also get banned from the best shops.

Did you ever know a Myrkul who went from Sonoma to Siege? He was a very good PvPer and RPer, and a 7x mage back when 4x was godly.
I don't know him, but guess if he made a char with that name, he may had got in trouble with UDL

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a blue gang kill me on Atlantic, then offer me a res and laugh, telling me they did hope I got 2x stat loss. Now my victims loved me so they rarely counted me so I was below 5 counts. RP pay off.
How a PK act after he kill you often depend of how you act, to many OooOOooo is no good, just how ghost, move a little away from body and wait, move a little so they don't think you logged out. In many cases, they will tell you to find a healer or even res if they can. If they res, say thanks, ask if you can loot and say thanks again if anything left. Don't start to complain. I don't think PK's are much different on Siege, maybe a little older. About counts, many PK love getting counts as they are proud of them.

I did get ressed of PK's in Coveteus, when I was blue, before stat loss. If you just leave, you can't know if they would have ressed you. An other thing, if you come back after res, say hello, when you entre screen, so they know, you are not going to try to loot before they are done or going to attack them.

Most times, Shadowclan Orc was at their fort and players was searching them out to play with them. They did sometimes leave the fort, but not often, they had enough visitors, who was circling around the fort, hoping for some fun, that be PvP or just the kick from being fast enough to drop something before they attacked.

Think the thing with Siege is, all who join accept the risk for PvP. We did have our share of immature PK's in the past, but they always make them self target for both red and blue and punishment for their actions are dry loot, so they do have hard with surviving on Siege. They also get banned from the best shops.
Most PKs' behavior didn't depend on what the victims did, though. The infamous MDK guild had very "extreme" behavior, but most PKs -- and all griefers -- did whatever they wanted, no matter if a victim was polite. It wasn't worth the risk for someone to get ressed and return, if the PKs were still there, because there were so many PKs who would res kill, and offer a res and then res kill. Even if it were only a 5% chance, why would someone spend time to get back to his corpse, only to find himself killed again and be told "u sux n00b"? Because there was no way to separate these "dishonorable" PKs from "honorable" ones, the penalties had to fall on both. If you have one group, but you can't single out the worst members, then all members must be punished -- especially when every member chooses to be part of the group. Nobody forced a PK to be that way.

And that brings us back to what I've said. Most players didn't care "why" PKs played, just that they could play a game with the fun of not getting attacked by other players. They didn't want to deal with a single PK, no matter how "honorable" the person was. It was made worse by all the PKs who would taunt ghosts, res kill, and use cheats and/or greater numbers to kill victims. Lots of players today have known only Trammel. How many would have stayed with UO if they could get PKd outside their house (losing their key and the security of the house), go to a dungeon only to fight monsters but get PKd, or have thieves rob them at the bank? The game was not going to survive if it hadn't changed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Most PKs' behavior didn't depend on what the victims did, though. The infamous MDK guild had very "extreme" behavior, but most PKs -- and all griefers -- did whatever they wanted, no matter if a victim was polite. It wasn't worth the risk for someone to get ressed and return, if the PKs were still there, because there were so many PKs who would res kill, and offer a res and then res kill. Even if it were only a 5% chance, why would someone spend time to get back to his corpse, only to find himself killed again and be told "u sux n00b"? Because there was no way to separate these "dishonorable" PKs from "honorable" ones, the penalties had to fall on both. If you have one group, but you can't single out the worst members, then all members must be punished -- especially when every member chooses to be part of the group. Nobody forced a PK to be that way.
Oh, I had my trouble with them, but they did not last long on Siege, they was gone less than a month after they went red. The whole shard was hunting them and camping their house. I agree they was nasty but we could easy replace our lose and they sure gave us some action

You see: Batlin
Batlin: hi
Tina Tink: hi
Tina Tink: why
Batlin: why not.
Tina Tink: did you rez kill me
Batlin: because we can
ribot: finally, a PC.
ribot: wow.
Tina Tink: we are here to have fun
Batlin: i knoiw
Batlin: that was fun for us
Tina Tink: not to ruin others fun
ribot: i've been wandering all day among rat men and lizard idiots...
Tina Tink: not for me
Black Star: [Druid Lord - E, TDO]
You see: Black Star
Batlin: thats not my fault
Batlin: you go find your own fun.
Tina Tink: hey
Tina Tink: can't we speak
Batlin: we are speaking
Tina Tink: hmm
Tina Tink: what are you
Tina Tink: noto
Batlin: I am Batlin.
Tina Tink: lol
Batlin: you havent seen anything yet
Tina Tink: why so rude
Batlin: we are moving here from Chesapeake
Batlin: MDK Guild
Tina Tink: PK's?
Batlin: worse
Tina Tink: ?
Batlin: bank
You see: Astro
Tina Tink: why being like that
Batlin: thats the way we are
Batlin: we are the "Bad" people
Batlin: sorry
Tina Tink: sounds like kids
Batlin: im only a newbie here too
Batlin: we are still training
Batlin: another month
Batlin: we'll be all over
Arioch: bank
Tina Tink: don't think so
You see: Kontour Essence
Batlin: good.
Tina Tink: you don't know Siege
Batlin: hehe
Batlin: you dont know us
Batlin: that was sad
Batlin: you friend
Tina Tink: the funny thing is
Batlin: darkstar
Batlin: died to us
Batlin: that was pathetic
Batlin: he has skills too
Tina Tink: you will see the whole shard go together
Batlin: atleast 3x gm
You see: Kontour Essence
You see: Arioch
You see: Kirby
Batlin: good.
Arioch: cool
Arioch: bring it
Tina Tink: Siege is special
Batlin: you've never been to cheseake
Tina Tink: I won'yt bring it
Tina Tink: I'm not a good PvP
Tina Tink: will never be
Batlin: it dont matter
Batlin: if you are a merchant
Batlin: or not
Batlin: if you go out of town
Batlin: we will fight
Batlin: not yet
Batlin: but soon
Tina Tink: I can't go in here
Batlin: we are almost done training
Tina Tink: with my main
Batlin: i know
Batlin: well be red too soon
Tina Tink: hey
Tina Tink: you will get enoch fights
Tina Tink: believe me
Batlin: hehe
Tina Tink: but
Batlin: but east brit is one of our favories
Batlin: spots
Tina Tink: could I get a kind of deal
Batlin: we just attack anyone we see
Tina Tink: we try to get more players here
Batlin: we'll see how things turn out later
Tina Tink: else we risk to loose this shard
Batlin: you got atleastr a month
Batlin: but your red isnt
Batlin: safe
Batlin: ill fight her now
Tina Tink: dear
Batlin: you got a month
Batlin: till we are going red
Tina Tink: I'm an old lady
Batlin: im old guy.
Tina Tink: hmm
Tina Tink: don't think so
Batlin: it dont matter
Batlin: eh
Batlin: dont need to prove anything.
Tina Tink: I don't ask you too
Tina Tink: don't get me wrong

3 weeks later, after lots of fights, they still had to kill my crafter to speak with me. I do not pay for protection :)

Arioch: [oOOo OoO, MDK]
You see: Arioch
Batlin: [oOOo OoO, MDK]
You see: a corpse of Tina Tink
Batlin: alot of tools on her
Batlin: man
Tina Tink: yes
Batlin: freja
Batlin: we have taken
Tina Tink: I'm not fighter
Batlin: like 10K
Batlin: fomr your TDO people
Batlin: just today
Batlin: you can save it all
Tina Tink: and
Batlin: by paying
Batlin: us 7K per week!
Tina Tink: noway
Batlin: how it works is
Batlin: we collect it
Batlin: weekly
Batlin: and we dont come here
Batlin: :)
Tina Tink: just go on
Tina Tink: if you have fun
Arioch: its our Tax on these woods
Batlin: hey
Batlin: dont feel bad
Batlin: this isnt the only place we patrol
Tina Tink: I dont
Tina Tink: :)
Batlin: you do know
Batlin: that we clean loot you
Tina Tink: yes
Batlin: and do you know where all yer stuff goes?
Tina Tink: trash it
Batlin: yup
Batlin: trash can
Tina Tink: I don't care
Batlin: i dont know
Batlin: if i was you
Batlin: i think id pay the 7K
Batlin: it isnt that much
Tina Tink: no'
Batlin: you dont even have to tell
Batlin: yer guild mates
Tina Tink: I like it
Batlin: oh well
Batlin: see ya around eh
Tina Tink: someday
Tina Tink: we can pay back
You see: a corpse of Tina Tink
Tina Tink: bye

And that brings us back to what I've said. Most players didn't care "why" PKs played, just that they could play a game with the fun of not getting attacked by other players. They didn't want to deal with a single PK, no matter how "honorable" the person was. It was made worse by all the PKs who would taunt ghosts, res kill, and use cheats and/or greater numbers to kill victims. Lots of players today have known only Trammel. How many would have stayed with UO if they could get PKd outside their house (losing their key and the security of the house), go to a dungeon only to fight monsters but get PKd, or have thieves rob them at the bank? The game was not going to survive if it hadn't changed.
The problem in old days was, a lot did not have a choice, at least on Siege, we accepted the risk, when we made our chars there. Normal shards could have survived with a switch like the one in my idea

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another thread that got Zogged!
Define "Zogged." Freja and I are having quite a nice conversation, which you're welcome to make constructive input into. Otherwise: do you mind?

Now, if "Zogged" means a thread where I was otherwise having a nice conversation only to be followed by a troll, yeah, that sounds about right.

The problem in old days was, a lot did not have a choice, at least on Siege, we accepted the risk, when we made our chars there. Normal shards could have survived with a switch like the one in my idea
Yes, Siege was a very different, more aggressive model, and the lack of recall (plus one character per account) made it a lot easier to know where someone's house was. But it wasn't so easy to camp PK guilds' houses on regular shards. A friend once found Sonoma's original Calisto DOM, apparently macroing inside DOM's tower at the time. We thought of casting Earthquake to kill her through the walls, but it was on a smaller island with no wandering healers, and the game was new enough that we didn't know if we'd kill each other. Those were not very fun times. In late 1998, my friends and I finally had a small house, but we still would recall in two screens away, and never holding a key. To get inside, someone would first get on a character logged out at the house, without a key. The neighborhood was quiet, maybe because nobody else was using any of the houses. By the time of the early 1999 housing publish, I'd say most players had lost houses.

It could be argued that players before Trammel knew there was the risk of being attacked outside town, but few realized how bad it was going to get. Become a crafter...only to have someone rob you outside town and stay blue. Mine ore...only to get PKd and your pack animals killed, while l33T NoobSlayer does things to your corpse. Slay dragons...only to have five PKs swarm in for a cheap shot. The game's original design lent itself too well to the griefer mentality.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Define "Zogged." Freja and I are having quite a nice conversation, which you're welcome to make constructive input into. Otherwise: do you mind?...
It's not trolling, it's an open discussion. If you don't like my post - like I've been told about yours - don't read it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The house key was easy when we got vendors, just put it in a keyring and not for sale on vendor. Then you could use it from there when vendor was yours, if I remember right, unlock door, open door, lock door, step in, close door. If more was using house, each needed a vendor.

To me it was a fun time, but I don't give up easy :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's not trolling, it's an open discussion. If you don't like my post - like I've been told about yours - don't read it.
Easy now, feel free to join the debate.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Naturally it's open. And I've been told (not you as I recall), despite offering valid criticism, to butt out and stop "hijacking."

So I ask again: got anything constructive to add?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The house key was easy when we got vendors, just put it in a keyring and not for sale on vendor. Then you could use it from there when vendor was yours, if I remember right, unlock door, open door, lock door, step in, close door. If more was using house, each needed a vendor.

Ah, but a keyring was a clue that someone lived at the house. :D Things also got so bad that my friends and I didn't want to risk that. We'd have someone hiding just inside the door, open it without unlocking, to allow everyone else in. And GMs wouldn't change house keys at all! That first housing publish was a definite improvement.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Bad things happens, I got my house looted 3 times but I'm a packrat so at least I got cleaned up :)

Last edited:

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Many can enjoy PVP Wars in Trammel. Simply join a Guild contact another guild and go to war. In Tram. Years ago we did just that.
There was diplomacy, and sneak attacks and all out kill or be killed.

Now? Seems like know one does the guild war thing. They just want to take advantage of a noob miner and pk and loot. Or stand around and kill each other. I don't get it.

It is not something I am interested in anymore.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe a lot guilds don't want to go war as not all members are willing to risk PvP

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will like to thanks all who joined this thread for a very nice and respectful debate, even when it included Trammel, PvP and reds in the topic. It have been great to see that is possible. :grouphug:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wish I had known that back then !!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes it was a great help, and tracking skills too, I never opened my door without tracking for players first, or almost never, as a thief got my key once :p

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing is better to build community than having something to group up and fight for, that be a small PK band, attacking a player town, a gathering place or a dungeon or a NPC attack that need to be cleaned before people can move on with what they was doing.
While I find your suggestion not intuitive enough (i.e. a little too complicated), you absolutely hit the mark with this statement. Unfortunately, no change to the PvP system will ever happen in UO because I think UO developers can't allow themselves the luxury of having visions anymore, but have to try to keep the existing player base at all cost. I just read some of the postings of a thread called something like "What we expect from Broadsword" where they discussed dyes, food recipes and Valentine's gifts. You can imagine what's the top priorities on the UO backlog. I bet PvP changes aren't even on the list.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not sure you are right here, at least, Siege Perilous have got alot more support from Mesanna and her team that we had got from earlier Dev teams. I believe they do care about PvP too and abot building the community.
An other thing is, if I had posted this thread a few years ago, I would had been flamed of the forum just for speaking about PvP and reds in Trammel, so maybe UO are ready for some changes as long long players are not forsed to PvP.
I know Devs have limit resources (money/time) but I really believe, there are alot players WHO miss what UO was in the past and would come back if a system like mine was added. I also believe the ones, who do not want to PvP, also will have more fun, as more actions will be going on and guild would not have to be splitted in PvP and non PvP. Even on Siege, we do have players, who never PvP but still are a part of the community.
The worse problem with my system is, some players will try to find ways to abuse it but if loot is limit, I doubt that will be so bad.

StoptheInsanity

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The subject matter has been beaten to death several times over. In the end, PVP will always get the short end of the stick.

It always turns into people who do not like PVP saying it only allows others to grief and that every facet should have the same thing, striking up the old power scroll complaint.

I admire the attempt to spark anything into PVP, but that was dead a long time ago.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure you are right here, at least, Siege Perilous have got alot more support from Mesanna and her team that we had got from earlier Dev teams. I believe they do care about PvP too and abot building the community.
An other thing is, if I had posted this thread a few years ago, I would had been flamed of the forum just for speaking about PvP and reds in Trammel, so maybe UO are ready for some changes as long long players are not forsed to PvP.
I know Devs have limit resources (money/time) but I really believe, there are alot players WHO miss what UO was in the past and would come back if a system like mine was added. I also believe the ones, who do not want to PvP, also will have more fun, as more actions will be going on and guild would not have to be splitted in PvP and non PvP. Even on Siege, we do have players, who never PvP but still are a part of the community.
The worse problem with my system is, some players will try to find ways to abuse it but if loot is limit, I doubt that will be so bad.
I think you still will be flamed for this. :)
During the past 10 years there have been a number of great suggestions about PvP systems that would prevent griefing and would add more fun and adventure to candy land, but they have been neglected altogether. Most of the current players simply DO NOT WANT to fight. They want to collect items, build houses and farm monsters (but only if there are good item rewards). The game and its players have changed. To change it back you'd risk to lose most of the current players, many of which are most loyal customers with multiple accounts, and thus are players who represent the financial backbone of UO and the only reason UO is still alive. You can't take such a risk without having someone who will finance your vision. And even if you had - it would be easier to create a new game without having to drag along a broken economy and outdated graphics.

Sorry if I sound negative, but I've discussed this matter for more than a decade without any result. I admire you for your ideas and your heart!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The subject matter has been beaten to death several times over. In the end, PVP will always get the short end of the stick.

It always turns into people who do not like PVP saying it only allows others to grief and that every facet should have the same thing, striking up the old power scroll complaint.

I admire the attempt to spark anything into PVP, but that was dead a long time ago.
PVP or no PVP players grief regardless of what they do in the game. It being Em events, PVM, PVP, etc...
Grieving will always be part of UO get use to it or don't up to you, but lets stop laying blame, an excuses on other players play style.

StoptheInsanity

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
PVP or no PVP players grief regardless of what they do in the game. It being Em events, PVM, PVP, etc...
Grieving will always be part of UO get use to it or don't up to you, but lets stop laying blame, an excuses on other players play style.
I wasn't reasoning for them. This is THEIR reasoning. Sorry you couldn't distinguish the two.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wasn't reasoning for them. This is THEIR reasoning. Sorry you couldn't distinguish the two.
Never said was your reasoning was just pointing out grieving is all over UO not just PVP. Every PVPer is not a griever either, because some grief so its all their reasoning?