• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Deep Shame !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now i really feel angry and ashamed !! We met our new EM this evening. An Em we have been waiting for months !! and not only he couldnt do what he had in mind but he also had to "suffer" trash talking and chilidish behavior...

That 's really a lack of respect and education from a minority (i wont say the names but everyone saw them). You ppl who like to ruin other's fun be sure that one day there will not be any more fun for anybody; Thanks to you !!

I have visited a few shards and felt proud to notice that EUropa seemed a bit more mature than most of the others.. i was badly wrong...

I d like to apologizes to Gotan in the name of all polite players (they are the majority)...

Tokot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm fully agreed with Lien, we have to apologise for some of us. Most ot the shard was really happy to see our new EM and came tonight to greet him, not to tease. Gotan, the bad experience is better then no experience, just bear in mind what they possibly could do to ruin it when planning your events. And I hope Mesanna seen enough to enforce the
A: Yes, the Game Master is the absolute authority in Ultima Online and when given instructions or restrictions by a Game Master they must be followed. Failing to do so will likely result in your removal from the game.
and grant EMs necessary power to enforce griefers to peace.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM wasnt to blame. If I hang my head in shame its bc of the attention seeking group of immature Europa players that couldnt shut up and listen and keep their pets and mounts outside. Only good thing that could come out of this is if EMs get more powers. Or EMs will become harder and harder to recruit.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lads in PRO tell me that the new EM made a really poor event which looked like it had been thrown together in 10mins. I'm sure this isn't the case but if it was so badly done why should the EM get automatic respect? Was it tested before the event? Did anyone help him on his first outing?

First impressions count after all.

He's lost my respect because apparently when confronted with some FEL events he shrugged off the question.

IMHO an EM should cater for all class of player!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I felt really sorry for EM Gotan, why do some people always have to behave like small, spoilt children? I agree with Lien Ragus, I honestly thought people on Europa were kind and helpful but tonight was horrible, I am so ashamed to see such childish behaviour.:(

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the idiots of europa should hang their heads in shame not Gotan he did nothing wrong he is taking time to do these events for us and all you people can do is ridicule him and make the people of europa look ignorant SHAME ON YOU

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the idiots of europa should hang their heads in shame not Gotan he did nothing wrong he is taking time to do these events for us and all you people can do is ridicule him and make the people of europa look ignorant SHAME ON YOU

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the 'shame' lies squarely on the juvenile idiots who think it's funny behave like uncontrolled children. I've seen better behaviour from five year olds. Every reasonable person there felt nothing but disgust at the antics.
It's not funny. It's not clever. It doesn't make them look big, they didn't 'pwn' the EM, they just showed themselves up as immature losers.
For pity's sake GROW UP!

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
TOTALLY agreed with Lien. For what is worth, apologies also from me in the name of all those lovely and polite players.
I CAN understand acting as a "bad guys" because from felucca and pvp, yes, it "can" be understandable, sort of "rp".
But ruining the night and, mostly, makes wasted of time to all those players who were at Em meeting is just childrish..
Complaining...complaining....if you don't like the game just quit it, that simple. There's an entire world outside to explore, and yes, WOMENS.

Oh i'm sorry, i know womens it's an unknow word..

Enuff said.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just come to this forum intending to start a thread titled 'Todays the Day the Babies had their picnic' on this exact subject. What a wonderful warm Europa welcome he received. Words fail me , which is not something that happens often. Shame indeed for us as a shard there is no other term that meets what happened.

As to the post previous to this I must express in the strongest terms that I disagree entirely with its content. For Gods sake the poor chap is new at the job and deserves a whole lot more consideration and respect than was given. I just hope that he perseveres and recognises that there are better people on Europa, much better and many of them. We have always had our mindless minority who like nothing better than to draw attention to themselves by playing the fool, without recognising that the rest of us recognise them for fools.

Feel pity for them and be glad your life is not so sad and small.

EDIT Sorry by the time I posted the thread previous was not the one I disagree with. It was the Lamer post.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel the event went well, why so harsh on the EM? he was brand new

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yer, people like chi deserved to banned from UO
I dont blame players, i blame the EM Gotan for what happened tonight:
-why is the priority of the players acting properly paying for the mess that the minority did?
-was the event location and setup proper (put obstacles? chairs? create an accessible area for EMs/inaccessible by players?
-players shouldnt be able to stand on top of each others (make events it FELL rules set?)
-is the Counselor Guild house a proper place for 50 players to stand in a line?
-disqualify players who are trash-talking while assisting the event? create an ignore zone?

Last edited:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Gotan did his best at the event, but there were too many idiots. Hopefully this will convince Mesanna to give the EMs more powers so they can deal with people like that.

He's lost my respect because apparently when confronted with some FEL events he shrugged off the question.

IMHO an EM should cater for all class of player!
You really shouldn't listen to everything those morons tell you. This was Gotans reply

EM Gotan: To answer that question; I would like to run some fel events
EM Gotan: But how to design so they aren't griefed? Goodness I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet

Maybe if the idiots did less griefing and grew up you might get those Fel events you desire quicker.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Greetings everyone; don't feel you need to apologise to me, I am aware it was only a tiny minority of you causing trouble. And it really was a learning process; I hold my hand up to saying I should have made the ducking stool inaccessible from all angles, but the good news is I had already got permission to rebuild it elsewhere, so you'll get to dunk me sometime soon!

But a month of events are already lined up, so nothing important was lost tonight, and much experience in future planning gained. See you all at the next one!

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like hes already defeating himself over griefing!

Ill see if i can dig the ideas i sent to the other EM out!

Phineas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the people who said this event was "thrown together" or "poorly done", this was supposed to be a Meet and Greet type event. Meet and Greets are not full-on events with a story line. They are a time for introductions, asking questions and getting a feeling for how the EM will move forward. In the past EMs used these types of things to give out little momentos of the occasion, usually in the form of a sash. Most EMs simply have everyone click on some type of Vending Machine or hand them out one-by-one. This EM tried a different approach and was going to make it a little more interactive for the players via a dunk tank. But, we never got the chance to even see him sit down becuase he refused to move forward until the childish behavior of the few stopped. I do not blame him one bit.
As stated above in several posts, I am sorry and ashamed by the actions of a few childish attention craving individuals who think they are being something special by ruining events. Some of you asked about Fel events, which the EM answered several times but I guess you were too busy spamming or acting like fools to have seen that. You do realize, your actions today are exactly why there so few Fel events; right?

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Disgust doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about how that "loud minority" behaved. Were you guys expecting a fully trained experienced EM...another Emile Layne Sarakan or Adris? Seriously? He has to learn things over time for Gods sake and right now hes testing the proverbial waters. Gotan I too am sorry for what has happened, these idiots do not represent Europa as a whole.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see the Fel event is written off before its gets started, funny how everyone blames fel for being bad and yet this has all happened in tram , OH the irony.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's going to take me a while to go through my chat logs and get the exact relevant text for the entire event (i was sitting quietly and listening) but I seem to recall EM Gotan actually said after the part quoted with regards to Fel events to also submit them. So there it is, your chance to be positive and actually get the things you claim you want...

Rather than making posts here under alts and trying to get an innocent player banned instead. But no, do that instead eh? Yup, I pity you guys, I really do; you can't even be honest about what makes you happy because you're such failures as people that admitting it would make you even more impotent than you currently are. I especially liked the "We made the EM rage..." when absolutely everyone else was able to read what he was actually typing and could see you were lying. But you're so disconnected from reality you thought that worked;

http://obvioustroll.wordpress.com/2...t-you-to-believe-vs-whats-actually-happening/

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I see the Fel event is written off before its gets started, funny how everyone blames fel for being bad and yet this has all happened in tram , OH the irony. )

And exactly where did you dig that little gem of information from?. One thing that certainly happened tonight due to the performance of the pro -Fel players was that it disgusted many Trammel players. Any support they might have felt towards Fel events will have soon disappeared watching those performances. The idiots did not improve their position they are doing their best to destroy it by demonstrating such juvenile antics. Who wants to go to Felucca and see even more? Not many I think and most certainly not me.

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the edited chat log I recorded; I've cut out all bar the comments that the EM specifically responded too; so much for being enraged, he seemed pretty relaxed all night. Oh, and yes that Fel quote was unsurprisingly cut short before the part where he asked for ideas.

[13/12/04][20:00:23] [EM Gotan]: *leaps from the mirror*

[13/12/04][20:00:38] [EM Gotan]: Greetings Eu... wait, what is all this
flapping?

[13/12/04][20:01:00] [EM Gotan]: I shall stand over here instead then!
Greetings Europa... again!

[13/12/04][20:01:22] [EM Gotan]: Thank you for coming, and thank you
for being patient for my arrival

[13/12/04][20:01:47] [EM Gotan]: I must say, it's an honor to wear the
robe here for you

[13/12/04][20:01:54] [Barney]: Wobba!

[13/12/04][20:01:55] [Ahura Mazda]: Barney won Uo wobba wooba

[13/12/04][20:02:00] [Barney]: yay

[13/12/04][20:02:02] [Chi'Nan Tonix]: WOBBA

[13/12/04][20:02:04] [Barney]: it me winnor uo

[13/12/04][20:02:18] [EM Gotan]: I must admit, I'm still somewhat
nervous, but I hope you'll not notice

[13/12/04][20:02:19] [The Bloody Mary]: u exitied gotan :D ?

[13/12/04][20:02:28] [EM Gotan]: Very Mary, exited and scared

[13/12/04][20:02:43] [EM Gotan]: So, you may be wondering why I asked
for small stabby stuff

[13/12/04][20:03:03] [EM Gotan]: I've a little fun planned for later!

[13/12/04][20:03:31] [EM Gotan]: But for now, I'd like to ask for a
little structure, as I've a lot to catch up with you all

[13/12/04][20:03:49] [EM Gotan]: So, I'd like to talk about what being
an EM means, what I plan in the near future

[13/12/04][20:04:02] [EM Gotan]: And if you have wider questions, hold
on; you'll get your answers... and more!

[13/12/04][20:04:24] [Snopster]: will there be cookies?

[13/12/04][20:04:50] [EM Gotan]: An EM never cookies and tells

[13/12/04][20:05:06] [EM Gotan]: Well then, where to begin?

[13/12/04][20:05:22] [Barney]: TEELS US A STOWY

[13/12/04][20:05:24] [Barney]: !!!

[13/12/04][20:05:32] [Morgana]: Book 1, chapter 1 :)

[13/12/04][20:05:36] [Aryala]: At the beginning?

[13/12/04][20:05:39] [Snopster]: introduction

[13/12/04][20:05:39] [The Black Cobra]: Begin at the end, then go to
the start, and finish with the middle.

[13/12/04][20:06:13] [EM Gotan]: The beginning? It was a dark and
stormy night...

[13/12/04][20:06:28] [EM Gotan]: And then, I got a robe!

[13/12/04][20:06:45] [EM Gotan]: And that's all I am; a man with a
robe. However, my job is indeed to tell you stories

[13/12/04][20:07:27] [EM Gotan]: As an EM, I have some small powers,
but mostly what you get out of the experience will be what you also put
in

[13/12/04][20:07:50] [EM Gotan]: I hope then we can work together in
improving events

[13/12/04][20:08:14] [EM Gotan]: So you can contact me at Stratics, or
at the europa.uoem.net page

[13/12/04][20:08:29] [EM Gotan]: After tonights event, I will post a
few threads on Stratics

[13/12/04][20:08:39] [EM Gotan]: The first is, I'd like to know what
day you prefer for events

[13/12/04][20:09:03] [EM Gotan]: I can't guarantee those days, but if
you tell me when you run your own events, I'll try and avoid clashes

[13/12/04][20:09:07] [Amantala]: Not Wednesday!

[13/12/04][20:09:08] [pleb]: wednesday clashed with auction

[13/12/04][20:09:12] [FrEDiEFiNGeRS]: cant u do a poll so people who
are not here can vote on it too

[13/12/04][20:09:20] [EM Gotan]: Yes Freddie, there will be a poll

[13/12/04][20:09:22] [Phineas]: Wednesday is out. There is a long
standing player event every Wednesday.

[13/12/04][20:09:38] [EM Gotan]: Indeed; Wednesday is tricky, but there
is a reason for that

[13/12/04][20:09:55] [EM Gotan]: As of Sunday, the voting starts for
the Mayoral elections

[13/12/04][20:10:24] [EM Gotan]: So there will be a King Blackthorn
event for that too

[13/12/04][20:10:53] [EM Gotan]: I know some of you have found the
elections confusing, but EM Bennu kindly wrote a link which explains
the rough idea

[13/12/04][20:11:04] [EM Gotan]:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/atlantic-primer-for-the-conseil-du-roi.305636/

[13/12/04][20:11:10] [EM Gotan]: I will link that on Europa too

[13/12/04][20:11:33] [EM Gotan]: On top of this, I will be restarting
the RI system, I know many of you love it

[13/12/04][20:11:34] [Barney]: i won uo

[13/12/04][20:11:38] [EM Gotan]: Royal Investigator.

[13/12/04][20:11:50] [Traveler]: restart or continue?

[13/12/04][20:11:55] [EM Gotan]: I have one planned for the week the
voting ends.

[13/12/04][20:12:10] [EM Gotan]: Travellor, to answer that, I'm waiting
to hear who has outstanding rewards

[13/12/04][20:12:19] [Traveler]: me not want score to be erased

[13/12/04][20:12:26] [EM Gotan]: If I can't get the list, I may just
re-award all the last ranks

[13/12/04][20:12:43] [EM Gotan]: To Be Decided though :p

[13/12/04][20:12:50] [EM Gotan]: Now then. There's more!

[13/12/04][20:12:59] [EM Gotan]: Where do we go from here?

[13/12/04][20:13:30] [EM Gotan]: Now, I would like your feedback on an
idea of my own

[13/12/04][20:13:54] [EM Gotan]: http://europa.uoem.net/europa-history/

[13/12/04][20:14:04] [EM Gotan]: Again, provisional for now and I will
link on Stratics

[13/12/04][20:14:20] [EM Gotan]: But I would like to extend the RI
system to include reports of YOUR adventures

[13/12/04][20:14:51] [EM Gotan]: http://europa.uoem.net/royal-archivists-introduction/

[13/12/04][20:15:01] [EM Gotan]: Introducing; The Royal Archivist
System

[13/12/04][20:15:20] [EM Gotan]: Same process, but if Barney wants to
write about the time he wobbed you all, that's fine

[13/12/04][20:15:31] [Barney]: yay!

[13/12/04][20:15:38] [Barney]: HEHE

[13/12/04][20:15:45] [EM Gotan]: The idea is, the uoem page will map
all your adventures to the same calendar as the EM ones

[13/12/04][20:16:20] [EM Gotan]: Titles are up for debate, but the
pages are ready. Have a read, see what you think, feedback on Stratics

[13/12/04][20:16:46] [EM Gotan]: There will be a seasonal event coming
within the next few weeks too

[13/12/04][20:17:01] [EM Gotan]: December 21st I hope, but it's still
being tweaked

[13/12/04][20:17:29] [EM Gotan]: I mentioned on Stratics I hoped to
involve non-combat characters more

[13/12/04][20:18:01] [EM Gotan]: To be honest, Emile and Adris have
left behind a powerful legacy

[13/12/04][20:18:12] [EM Gotan]: It will be some time before I am half
the EM they were

[13/12/04][20:18:34] [EM Gotan]: But I hope to try out some ideas in my
first events; I hope you will let me know if they work for you

[13/12/04][20:19:11] [Barney]: ME WANTSH

[13/12/04][20:19:21] [Barney]: ONGOING STORYLIEN BASED CAMPAIGN

[13/12/04][20:19:29] [Barney]: WIHT LOOT AN GLOWY

[13/12/04][20:19:34] [Barney]: AN WIN UO STUFF

[13/12/04][20:19:41] [Barney]: AN

[13/12/04][20:19:57] [Barney]: where i wins

[13/12/04][20:20:13] [EM Gotan]: That is my hope Barney yes, to tell
you some meaningful stories as well as killing you all

[13/12/04][20:20:39] [EM Gotan]: There will be LOTS of killing;
frankly, until I've eaten you a few times, I wont know just how edible
you are!

[13/12/04][20:20:54] [Amorph Mus]: I dont like that being killed
stuff... thats just plain mean...

[13/12/04][20:21:04] [EM Gotan]: Then I have good news for you Amorph!

[13/12/04][20:21:50] [EM Gotan]: I know many of you have pressing
questions

[13/12/04][20:22:14] [EM Gotan]: And many of you want to make your new
EM EAT DEATH ROBE

[13/12/04][20:22:27] [EM Gotan]: So if you are all readt, do come with
me!

[13/12/04][20:23:10] [EM Gotan]: in we go!

[13/12/04][20:23:31] [Tyranissa Wrath]: A Dunk The Em game?

[13/12/04][20:23:48] [EM Gotan]: Why is there a dragon on my head?

[13/12/04][20:23:56] [EM Gotan]: And a Paps!

[13/12/04][20:24:23] [The Black Cobra]: That crab has alarmingly big
and pointy claws.

[13/12/04][20:24:25] [Ahura Mazda]: pro killing in red gate lol

[13/12/04][20:24:26] [EM Gotan]: shoo, shoo!

[13/12/04][20:24:28] [ARAGORN]: cant get out of here lol

[13/12/04][20:24:39] [EM Gotan]: And you really dont want to go in that
tub, it's dangerous!

[13/12/04][20:24:53] [EM Gotan]: And now llamas in there, oh my

[13/12/04][20:25:05] [Chi'Nan Tonix]: lol darts thats why we here and
had 2 bring daggers

[13/12/04][20:25:18] [Leto Atreides]: Go on Gotan, lay down the law!

[13/12/04][20:25:33] [EM Gotan]: Now then guys, you'll never get your
PHAT L3WT if you dont behave

[13/12/04][20:26:11] [EM Gotan]: It's all too much, *faints*

[13/12/04][20:26:38] [EM Gotan]: Well, can you all see me up here?

[13/12/04][20:27:39] [EM Gotan]: If we could just have a bit of quiet
please?

[13/12/04][20:27:59] [EM Gotan]: And if you could leave the darts alone
a moment

[13/12/04][20:29:02] [EM Gotan]: Ahem

[13/12/04][20:29:09] [Barbie Girl]: I HIT BULLS EYE AND IT DIDNT SPLASH!

[13/12/04][20:29:20] [EM Gotan]: You will notice I have a chair up
here, until I sit in it, there's no splash!

[13/12/04][20:29:40] [EM Gotan]: It's a very special chair, molded to
the shape of my posterior, nothing happens at all until then

[13/12/04][20:30:25] [Sparrow]: Fare thee well

[13/12/04][20:30:26] [EM Gotan]: Please do wait Sparrow

[13/12/04][20:32:01] [EM Gotan]: Still not sitting in the chair :p

[13/12/04][20:32:42] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: Do bear with me, I'm taking
a crash cause in crowd control

[13/12/04][20:34:12] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: You guys dont need to
apologise, it's actually helping in the long run

[13/12/04][20:35:08] [EM Gotan]: Dont worry, we can revert back to the
hall if need be!

[13/12/04][20:35:27] [EM Gotan]: So folks! Back to the hall!

[13/12/04][20:35:42] [EM Gotan]: Race you all there!

[13/12/04][20:36:10] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: Come back to the hall then

[13/12/04][20:36:24] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: Oh no, it's not ruined,
taught me how to design better for next time!

[13/12/04][20:37:35] [EM Gotan]: So yes, the good guys won the Battle
of the Manners Monster

[13/12/04][20:38:12] [EM Gotan]: Much grumpiness was slane today, and
many people went home feeling happy they weren't so sad any more

[13/12/04][20:38:30] [EM Gotan]: So, over to you with your questions

[13/12/04][20:38:42] [Barney]: Question 1

[13/12/04][20:38:47] [EM Gotan]: Yes Barney?

[13/12/04][20:38:52] [Barney]: Does the EM recognise Barney

[13/12/04][20:38:54] [Barney]: ?

[13/12/04][20:39:18] [EM Gotan]: Ahh! This came up in training! I

believe the answer is "Barney Wins UO"?

[13/12/04][20:39:28] [Barney]: YAY! Cowwect

[13/12/04][20:39:37] [EM Gotan]: Phew, I got that one right at least

[13/12/04][20:39:48] [Darkman]: okay how much did barney pay u gotan:p

[13/12/04][20:39:56] [The Black Cobra]: Barney does (inecplicably) make
a good point, though - I know the Fel populace would like some events.

[13/12/04][20:40:01] [EM Gotan]: He he

[13/12/04][20:40:05] [EM Gotan]: Ok, Black Cobra

[13/12/04][20:40:22] [EM Gotan]: To answer that question; I would like
to run some fel events

[13/12/04][20:40:59] [EM Gotan]: But how to design so they aren't
griefed? Goodness I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet

[13/12/04][20:41:38] [EM Gotan]: So it will take some time to do so; if
you have any ideas for events that the Fel players could run, do let me
know

[13/12/04][20:42:02] [EM Gotan]: Next question?

[13/12/04][20:42:16] [pleb]: how long are you our Em

[13/12/04][20:42:32] [pleb]: or will things like tonight put you off

[13/12/04][20:42:44] [EM Gotan]: Pleb, it's open ended. I could get the
Tickle of Death, I could retire, but I hope to stay for quiet some time

[13/12/04][20:43:00] [pleb]: i hope your around for a while

[13/12/04][20:43:03] [yrlissa Darktree]: Em Gotan? Will we ever get to
dunk you in that tank you set up for us today?

[13/12/04][20:43:14] [Edward O'Neil]: QUESTION: Gotan, Can you sign my
staff please.

[13/12/04][20:43:42] [EM Gotan]: yrlissa, yes; I have asked we get to
keep it for new scenery. It was my first construction

[13/12/04][20:43:57] [yrlissa Darktree]: Thank you Em Gotan

[13/12/04][20:44:04] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: The non ruined event is
still active in Councillors Hall, you are welcome to come and ask
questions

[13/12/04][20:44:12] [EM Gotan]: Any more questions!

[13/12/04][20:44:18] [Edward O'Neil]: QUESTION: Gotan, Can you sign my
staff please.

[13/12/04][20:44:21] [Keenan]: Question-Mesanna has said our EM must
request her to come do a lets make a deal game here....

[13/12/04][20:44:27] [Keenan]: can and will u ask for us finally?

[13/12/04][20:44:59] [EM Gotan]: Now I am here officially, yes I can
ask for that, but I cannot promise what the response will be

[13/12/04][20:45:18] [EM Gotan]: There's a lot of work as you can imagine, so it may be some
time

[13/12/04][20:45:20] [<7564542>Phineas]: After what happened today you
think Gotan would actually want to bring Mesanna here Keenan?

[13/12/04][20:45:31] [Darkman]: gotan can we get a t-shirt that says

barney does not win uo hes just drunk?

[13/12/04][20:45:49] [Solid]: Gotan could there be a treasure hunt
event ?

[13/12/04][20:46:04] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: Wrong channel, but don't
worry tonight doesnt' affect my responsibilities or love for you all. I
shall ask

[13/12/04][20:46:09] [Darkman]: i waited years for a em to say wobba
does not win uo

[13/12/04][20:46:13] [Darkman]: pls do it

[13/12/04][20:46:19] [Snopster]: I admire your patience

[13/12/04][20:46:20] [Chi'Nan Tonix]: WOBBA WINS UO

[13/12/04][20:46:20] [EM Gotan]: Solid, it's possible; I need to find
out where the cross shard competition is

[13/12/04][20:46:30] [EM Gotan]: *points to trophy on the wall&

[13/12/04][20:46:43] [EM Gotan]: You guys won I gather!

[13/12/04][20:46:54] [Perry Ragus]: ELV did very well

[13/12/04][20:46:58] [Perry Ragus]: on t hunting

[13/12/04][20:46:59] [Perry Ragus]: yes

[13/12/04][20:47:07] [Solid]: not a cross shard one! just some riddles
and we have to find the items before you show up next

[13/12/04][20:47:14] [EM Gotan]: Edward, no but come to my events and
that's a vote of confidence

(this I didn't appear to record the question it answered; I think it was just asking if we could vote for him in some way?)

[13/12/04][20:47:47] [EM Gotan]: Barney, I hope to run many, but please
all bear in mind at present it's just me

[13/12/04][20:48:02] [Bailey]: Our last EM was corrupt, will you follow
suit?

[13/12/04][20:48:09] [EM Gotan]: I will do what I can for you all, and
again, if you have ideas do send them in

[13/12/04][20:48:20] [Mesanna]: He was not corrupt

[13/12/04][20:48:34] [Eddie]: hehe boss here Gotan

[13/12/04][20:48:35] [EM Gotan]: Now look what you've done! The Dark
lady approaches!

[13/12/04][20:48:39] [Darkman]: i ask again gotan can u pls say just

once wobba does not win uo:p

[13/12/04][20:48:54] [Geoffrey Blake]: *steals undies for alaster*

[13/12/04][20:49:04] [Boomerang]: hey Mesanna *waves*

[13/12/04][20:49:04] [Mesanna]: He worked really hard for you guys that
is not a nice thing to say

[13/12/04][20:49:26] [EM Gotan]: Indeed. Emile and Adris were
inspirational

[13/12/04][20:49:31] [Mesanna]: sorry continue Gotan

[13/12/04][20:49:38] [Mesanna]: Greetings everyone

[13/12/04][20:49:48] [EM Gotan]: So... any further questions?

[13/12/04][20:49:49] [Darkman]: okay whats it going to take for u to
say wobba dosent win uo?

[13/12/04][20:50:08] [EM Gotan]: I'm sorry, but until I see proof
otherwise, wobbawinning seems to be Europa Lore

[13/12/04][20:50:24] [EM Gotan]: It's on the forums and everything.
Until... you write me some more lore?

[13/12/04][20:50:31] [Darkman]: i did like the new em untill he said
that

[13/12/04][20:50:53] [Leto Atreides]: That about the weakest lore
Europa has Gotan...

[13/12/04][20:51:01] [Mesanna]: Poison you have a problem with me take
it outside

[13/12/04][20:51:28] [Edward O'Neil]: Gotan last question please?

[13/12/04][20:51:58] [EM Gotan]: Well Leto, this is my hope with the
Archivist system. I would like to see you all contribute better lore

[13/12/04][20:52:14] [EM Gotan]: And Barney to wob it. Show us the
depth of all of your creativity

[13/12/04][20:52:46] [EM Gotan]: Ok, I will need to wrap up soon, any
last questions?

[13/12/04][20:52:57] [Edward O'Neil]: As i said can you sign my staff

[13/12/04][20:53:10] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: Sparrow, do not worry. It's
good practice for future event design

[13/12/04][20:53:31] [EM Gotan]: Edward, I cannot give you particular
bonuses I'm afraid

[13/12/04][20:53:41] [Edward O'Neil]: Not even to sign it bud?

[13/12/04][20:54:08] [EM Gotan]: So let's see what we have for you all?

[13/12/04][20:54:48] [EM Gotan]: Now then, if you could all form an
orderly line?

[13/12/04][20:56:05] [EM Gotan]: bear with me...

[13/12/04][20:56:42] [EM Gotan]: back of the line you naughty people

[13/12/04][20:57:17] [EM Gotan]: Oh no!

[13/12/04][20:57:20] [EM Gotan]: Disaster!

[13/12/04][20:57:35] [EM Gotan]: The Blue Meanies have gotten into my
code, and the Sashomatic is broken

[13/12/04][20:58:18] [EM Gotan]: Please do check Stratics, I will have
the future events up tonight, and would like your discussion

[13/12/04][20:58:43] [EM Gotan]: No problem, thanks to so many of you
for the warm welcome!

[13/12/04][20:59:05] [EM Gotan]: For now, good night, and see you again
soo!

[13/12/04][20:59:08] [EM Gotan]: or even soon!

[13/12/04][20:59:13] [EM Gotan]: *bows*

[13/12/04][20:59:24] [EM Gotan]: *leaps back into the mirror*

[13/12/04][21:02:51] [<40204646>Cabal Cross]: why,dont they use the
prison cells these days?

[13/12/04][21:03:15] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: I'm still here chaps, the
training goes on, all good lessons; Cabal I can't discuss what powers I
have, let's just say I'm still learning them

[13/12/04][21:04:10] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: The posts to Stratics will
come soon; this is just one thread of the mighty Gotan's powers.

[13/12/04][21:04:33] [<28825808>EM Gotan]: But for now, good night all
;)

[13/12/04][21:04:34] [9415802>wanda]: Thank you Gotan

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I see the Fel event is written off before its gets started, funny how everyone blames fel for being bad and yet this has all happened in tram , OH the irony.
Yeah funkymonkey and isn't it ironic that it was the PRO players (mostly) who misbehaved...hmm can take the player out of fel but u cant take the fel out of the player. Me thinks thou doth complain too much!

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just allow the ban staff for the EM and jail the players who try and disrupt the event for others. Once the event is over let them out of jail easy enough.
Nah that'd make way too much sense riply :thumbup:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just name and shame the people in this thread.

On a side note the EM's do need more power even if it only be granted during the event. I think they should be allowed to ban disruptive players from say a 50 tile radius from the actual EM. Maybe even further.

All the time the "griefers" know nothing can be done to them, they will continue to be idiots as the game allows it. Its pretty sad that others have to then apologise for their behaviour.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was lucky enough that my schedule let me attend the event for once. I was unlucky enough that it was an event so totally ruined by such a small number of players. I re-asked the Fel question myself, since I believe Poison was already on ignore for spamming once it got brought up. Sadly, I know the griefing will be intense at any Fel based event, and won't be going myself.
With as small as the UO playerbase is these days, I was deeply hoping the idiots had gone.
I have never been so wrong.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if this was in fel, it would have gone alot better, just goes to show how tram is pure greed,

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just name and shame the people in this thread.

On a side note the EM's do need more power even if it only be granted during the event. I think they should be allowed to ban disruptive players from say a 50 tile radius from the actual EM. Maybe even further.

All the time the "griefers" know nothing can be done to them, they will continue to be idiots as the game allows it. Its pretty sad that others have to then apologise for their behaviour.

The EMs will never get more power to stop/move idiots no matter how much sense it makes. Events can always be griefed - remember the behaviour of one player at Queen Dawn's funeral for heaven's sakes.

I wish that Mesanna would give full trust to her EMs and the full power to teleport trouble makers away. Shame that Europa has sunk so low in the last five years from a shard to be proud of to a shard to be ashamed of.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats half of the issue, Mesanna has given more control, only to see the EM abuse there powers.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
funkymonkeySage

if this was in fel, it would have gone alot better, just goes to show how tram is pure greed,​
You could well be right after all I don't suppose griefing is much fun if there are only half a dozen people there..​

Last edited:

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the key is just being able to ban/mute players. That doesn't seem like an excessive power to me.

Let's face it, it's an online game and you're bound to get people running around screaming and shouting for attention. Having been playing for over a decade I can say it has always been like this. I think the EM was probably well aware that this was due to happen and perhaps wanted to test the waters in that regard.
The griefers, while I don't agree with their behavior, pay just as much for their account as I do and if they want to entertain themselves by acting strange at an event.. Well. They didn't do anything illegal, just socially poor in taste. It's up to the EM/GMs to deal with it. Expecting a thread like this will make them stop is naive, as the ones replying here weren't the once causing the disturbance last night. And it's an obvious sign that their socially awkward behavior was successful.

I'm sure that the EM is well aware that the majority were looking forward to a fun event and that the community appreciates his efforts. Just mute/remove those that ruin the event and things will be fine.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies to Gotan for missing your M&G! Although from reading this it seems it was perhaps a blessing. A big late welcome anyway EM Gotan!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats half of the issue, Mesanna has given more control, only to see the EM abuse there powers.

And how do you work that one out then?

Are EMs using their abilities to remove players from events/mute players at events/telestorm them away from events/ban them from events/universally ignore them at events or in any other way removing them from ruining an event actively?

And if so can you show us the evidence of this because I haven't heard of a single EM doing any of those things [of course I could be wrong which is why I am asking for evidence].

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didn't an EM get removed within his first event on ATL not to long ago for abusing his power, you need to look it the other way, if they had the ability for them to have these powers we would not be all sitting here talking about it, facts remain Mesanna wont in trust them with more powers then she thinks.

Griefing on this event is nothing compared to other i have seen.

theres been many cases of EM thrown out for a breach of trust/abusing powers.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we can close this one before it becomes something those who started it would rather not be associated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.