• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Mesanna

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Two days ago I badly bruised my knee. Today it is a really interesting color. I think it would be a fantastic new pigment in UO. It's black with some purple/pink hues. If you would like a picture of the knee please let me know.
:p

Have a great day!! Thank you for all you do!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Anyway, anyone else have suggestions for cool pigment colors?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two days ago I badly bruised my knee. Today it is a really interesting color. I think it would be a fantastic new pigment in UO. It's black with some purple/pink hues. If you would like a picture of the knee please let me know.

Sounds like you should see a doctor before you bring on the zombie apocalypse...

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really really really want a bubble gum pink spring dye, like the lady mel hair dye and reward bod cloth.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dye/Cloth color related question:
Is there a Dye and/or Cloth that is the same hue as the old dark evil mage cloth? I think I remember it being obtained by cutting up the darkest robes dropped by the evil mages. I have been away from the game for awhile and recently returned, but I remember loving that color for clothing.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought up the idea of a vet reward magic easel that make one random dye per week (every color in uo). Would suck when you get the boring random colors but be a treat when you happened to get that glacial dye :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually I do. I was looking at my "Mesanna" pumpkin the other day thinking that red and black is pretty cool but a bit overdone.... I think Black and NEON green would be pretty neat...

Black with a royal blue (NOT CYAN)..... would be neat too.

I want a metalic dye tub with DARK colors, Crimsons, Navy blues, Forrest Greens, DARK Purple..... and of course BLACK and Deep Gray, Brown... highlighted with, golds, pinks, neon greens, and blues..... even maybe a violet.

Want Boat Paint that is DARK..... Crimson, Brown, Gray, Black, DARK green and Purples.....

Tired of all the bright pastels....

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dye/Cloth color related question:
Is there a Dye and/or Cloth that is the same hue as the old dark evil mage cloth? I think I remember it being obtained by cutting up the darkest robes dropped by the evil mages. I have been away from the game for awhile and recently returned, but I remember loving that color for clothing.
There's been nothing exactly like it, unless one of the new reward dyes is. Dark blue plant pigments don't have enough black, and Shadow Dancer black doesn't have enough blue. In fact, the next closer shade hasn't spawned for a number of years.

I have some clothes of the darkest evil mage lord cloth, including a dress "Sewn by," and 21 yards of unused cloth. A while after it stopped spawning, before AoS, I traded 20 pieces to a friend for a daemon slayer mace. I still slap my forehead when thinking of that.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I brought up the idea of a vet reward magic easel that make one random dye per week (every color in uo). Would suck when you get the boring random colors but be a treat when you happened to get that glacial dye :)
i had the idea of a "eye dropper" type wand tool that would extract colors from UO then you could "drop" the color into a dye tub

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's been nothing exactly like it, unless one of the new reward dyes is. Dark blue plant pigments don't have enough black, and Shadow Dancer black doesn't have enough blue. In fact, the next closer shade hasn't spawned for a number of years.

I have some clothes of the darkest evil mage lord cloth, including a dress "Sewn by," and 21 yards of unused cloth. A while after it stopped spawning, before AoS, I traded 20 pieces to a friend for a daemon slayer mace. I still slap my forehead when thinking of that.
Well that's a bummer. Maybe someday I will acquire some cloth or a nice plain dress made of the evil mage cloth on Chessy. It would be nice to have that color available again as cloth or dyes, even have it spawn as the robes again.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hope you are icing it and its getting better!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see this Bruised Knee Black pigment! Pics, please!!! :D

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see custom pigments incorporated to the current plant dye system..

Example
Hybrid Cross Pollination
Turn Item Identification into Horticulture
Rare Black Plant Seeds+Rare White Plant seeds
At 95 Horriculture you can cross pollinate the two into a Black/White Swirl Seed and after 18 days of growing it produces a small plant that can be clipped for 1 pigment clipping and rare chance for a seed..
Which then can be turned into a dye...endless combinations

Blaeke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember before black dye tubs there was a way to dye clothes true black, but when you looked at the paperdoll of the wearer the outfit was literally transparent. That was pretty snazzy! :cool:

Can we get a furniture dye tub which does the metallic type mixed color colors? I'd like to find a true red within that dye tub and more blacks with color.

How about some glacial blue and fire/flaming yellow options somewhere/somehow... Other than the prodo bank sitter variety.

Thanks!