• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mesanna or Devs...

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well,

Its a sad day that both of Origin's EMs left. That was the one thing that made playing on a slow shard fun.

Since they are both gone and no one is replacing them can one of you please make the Town Cryers and Sherry the Mouse stop broadcasting a meeting that happened over a month ago?

BG

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just posted this in the thread above this one :) AND I did send her a PM here on the boards about it as well, I'm sure it'll get sorted soon enough.

And no way...Origin is my home..no matter how few people play there...it's like a small country town...I like it :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No to shard mergers..... I for one would be totally Ticked if they made me leave my home and I couldn't place what I have where I have it... I don't give a rats about how many are on a shard... and for some a low population shard is a bonus... Some don't like to play with others.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then there shouldn't be any complaints about not having any EMs. Problem solved I guess.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No to shard mergers..... I for one would be totally Ticked if they made me leave my home and I couldn't place what I have where I have it... I don't give a rats about how many are on a shard... and for some a low population shard is a bonus... Some don't like to play with others.
Ditto.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People can't complain about losing EM's and not agree with shard mergers?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please do not allow this thread to be hijacked. The OP did not in any way suggest 'shard mergers' as a solution.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please do not allow this thread to be hijacked. The OP did not in any way suggest 'shard mergers' as a solution.
It's one of those very unpopular topics that gets a reaction from people. What more needs to be said.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having some respect for what the EM's do and have respect on their events and not showing your greed side or being a ass might make it that you don't push away your EM's.

Most players behave on events but its the few that can ruin a lot. Leave your ME ME ME, GIMME GIMME GIMME atitude home and you can get pretty far .

Meridian

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I restarted my account on Friday of last week. I knew that the game was in decline, but I had hoped that I could find a small group of people that wanted to game together. The concept of a group that wants to help one another and have fun seems to be slowly fading from the "big" MMO's, that is why I returned. Instead, I find the game is drastically different from when I left three years ago. This latest loss of EM staffing is making me hesitate to even work on characters. I don't want to declare that the sky is falling, but it feels very ominous and negative all around this game now. I am not sure what to do.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I restarted my account on Friday of last week. I knew that the game was in decline, but I had hoped that I could find a small group of people that wanted to game together. The concept of a group that wants to help one another and have fun seems to be slowly fading from the "big" MMO's, that is why I returned. Instead, I find the game is drastically different from when I left three years ago. This latest loss of EM staffing is making me hesitate to even work on characters. I don't want to declare that the sky is falling, but it feels very ominous and negative all around this game now. I am not sure what to do.

Drachenfels is always fun. :)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see you lost two dedicated EM's..a shard merger would be beneficial to "most" parties, but to bring it up in this forum is silly, because it'll NEVER happen.
Hopefully some things become reality faction rework or disabling, MYUO, order/chaos renewal/revamp, high res, etc etc..

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to declare that the sky is falling, but it feels very ominous and negative all around this game now. I am not sure what to do.
Staying far away from these forums would be a good idea. My enthusiasm for UO gets mauled pretty badly if I spend much time reading here.

From the impressions given by many posters this game is a hopeless, useless, griefer ridden, bug ridden, incompetent dev ridden, EA ridden, item ridden, event ridden, neat change ridden, <oops, forget that last one, doesn't go with the flow>, ah... so on and so forth. I'd say just ignore any forums on UO other than a quick scan of the Uhall thread titles for game change info and just play the game. I find UO is much more enjoyable when I spend little time here. I often stop by these forums to see if there are any alerts for threads I'm following but little else.

These forums are a dark dreary damp evening out in the windy cold without so much as a faint candlelight in the distance most of the time. Fact of life learned by years of experience.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had no idea both had left..
Sorry to see that. I liked both very much. Made events quite fun.
Tanivar sweety Stratics has been a light on what players are thinking.
And yes it is sad to see everyone has a dark morbid side in their thinking of UO.
It's time all of the dark thinking had a rest... no shard mergers.. dev have already told everyone this time and again.

So as I tell my kids the subject is closed. Period. "DROP IT"

Now for a question I would like answered ... We getting new one??? EM I am referring to??

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What benefits do EM's get? I ask this question because I am curious, not because I think they should get more (or get less) than they do currently...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tanivar sweety Stratics has been a light on what players are thinking.
It's been a light on on what their not fond of and we keep hearing about it, thread after thread, month after month. You hear anything over and over, on & on, long enough, it starts becoming the truth you know, fact or fiction. It's like the evening news broadcasts, all bad, a few traces of good tossed in. It does give a bad impression of the game when people stop in to check how fun UO could be to try as a new game to replace the one they've become bored with. One quick browse through Uhall and they must think 'Man, why do these sorry suckers even waste their time playing this game...' and move on to check the forum of the next game on their list. These forums have to give one hell of a bad first impression to potential new players bored with their current game.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Staying far away from these forums would be a good idea. My enthusiasm for UO gets mauled pretty badly if I spend much time reading here.

From the impressions given by many posters this game is a hopeless, useless, griefer ridden, bug ridden, incompetent dev ridden, EA ridden, item ridden, event ridden, neat change ridden, <oops, forget that last one, doesn't go with the flow>, ah... so on and so forth. I'd say just ignore any forums on UO other than a quick scan of the Uhall thread titles for game change info and just play the game. I find UO is much more enjoyable when I spend little time here. I often stop by these forums to see if there are any alerts for threads I'm following but little else.

These forums are a dark dreary damp evening out in the windy cold without so much as a faint candlelight in the distance most of the time. Fact of life learned by years of experience.
name a better option lol

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, I've seen some of the stuff EM's do on Dracs and have often wished my pings to the Drac server weren't so high... sighs....
Our EM is realy nice. :)

But the players make nice events too. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm certainly glad GL's Still has it's EM's they are fantastic and I can't give them enough praise...

I think the EM program is totally awesome ...... certainly it could be improved but .... it's totally awesome and has kept a number of people from leaving UO.

I hope they find replacements soon for your shard.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What benefits do EM's get? I ask this question because I am curious, not because I think they should get more (or get less) than they do currently...
EMs get paid ($10/hr up to 20 hours a month) and their main account paid for. So- ~$215 a month.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If UO is short handed in the EM department, then merging shards could help resolve that. Now it seems to me the only fair way to do this would be to just have another moongate that allows you to shard hop no different than going from city to city via moongate. This way no one loses anything and people can participate in events where there are EM's.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop the Merger o2bavr6 As I said before Mergers are off the table period.
If your Shard is lacking a EM and you got talent and can keep secrets and be unbiased put in an app to the program! Think of all the joy you will get and give to your fellow players.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was just trying to come up with a solution for the lack of EM's. And I did not propose a "MERGER". Read what i wrote carefully. Adding some kind of moongate to allow players to cross shard travel is not a merger. It does not remove any shards or items that people own.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was just trying to come up with a solution for the lack of EM's. And I did not propose a "MERGER". Read what i wrote carefully. Adding some kind of moongate to allow players to cross shard travel is not a merger. It does not remove any shards or items that people own.
That has already been considered by the Devs, and whilst it could be done with enough time, it has been rejected for now.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That has already been considered by the Devs, and whilst it could be done with enough time, it has been rejected for now.
Ah well.... sure seems like it could be huge fun... Cross shard raiding parties.. etc :pirate:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoffs is right the gate was considered. it has its down side and you know people some will try to exploit it...
We need more players who have time.. mind you this is the key TIME to devote to the game. I am not saying you will need give every waking moment, but consider when EM's are active... yes some time is different from the major event times for prep and so forth so that too should be taken in to consideration... it takes a special person who can keep secrets, be wiling to give to their fellow players a cheerfull smile and some adventure. I understand you cant be assigned to your home shard but think if more players join your shard will get one just as interesting a person as you and willing to make your shard a fun place.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They do need to give EMs an effective way to remove griefers and stop giving items that will be on a vendor one minute after an event for 50 billion gold. This would let those there to enjoy the event, enjoy the event. Isn't that the intended purpose of EM events after all?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will agree that griefing is a big problem even with Mesanna in attendance they show their heads and give their best shot to ruin it all.
I do understand that and have witnessed your complaint of the Event Item showing up in Atlantic's sales floor mere minutes after the said event happens and the price is so high you will get a nose bleed.
I have made the suggestion of making the event items given out be account owned. but it was nixed... As long as there are players who don't care and willing to spend the gold.. there will be this going on.
The prices have been skyrocketing, and I have been told by other players its due to the price of gold. I had no idea we had a stock market in UO...
I guess the investors who hunt for the high end items want to keep the amount of RL cash they get at the same rate, so they hike up the cost of game items to do so.
I doubt this will stop... if our RL banks are any sign.. it will be a cold day in Brit before the inflation stops

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess the investors who hunt for the high end items want to keep the amount of RL cash they get at the same rate, so they hike up the cost of game items to do so.
I doubt this will stop... if our RL banks are any sign.. it will be a cold day in Brit before the inflation stops
At some point, people will once again tend to not pay the ludicrous prices and the sellers will start screaming once again how the vendor fee (of what 0.06%?) "is outrageously expensive and is eating up **all** the profit!!!! We can't make even a cent of profit!!!!! :sad3::sad2:". I get a serious chuckle when they do it. :p

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EMs get paid ($10/hr up to 20 hours a month) and their main account paid for. So- ~$215 a month.
Very interesting. And where exactly did you get that info from? :)

Sad to see an EM duo leave. Especially if they are awesome ones.
Good luck to your endeavours, whatever you do, Ex-Origin-EMs!

And BTW: NO to mergers!!

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should merge all shards into a classic shard with the new secret fully 3d client, increased GM support, no Trammel, housing only for reds, and mandatory PvP to be able to enter any town. It would be easy to do this by striking code, and it can all be paid for by removing the EM program entirely. This will improve community and make our game as successful as Shadowbane ever was.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should merge all shards into a classic shard with the new secret fully 3d client, increased GM support, no Trammel, housing only for reds, and mandatory PvP to be able to enter any town. It would be easy to do this by striking code, and it can all be paid for by removing the EM program entirely. This will improve community and make our game as successful as Shadowbane ever was.

-Galen's player
Just Trolling or trying to get this thread locked? :p

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just Trolling or trying to get this thread locked? :p
Just thought I'd, in a single post, hit all the trite and hackneyed **** I've seen over the years on the conceptually related topic of shard mergers and "classic" shards.

I'd submit that the real trolls aren't myself but those who used this thread as an excuse to talk about shard mergers. Though I appreciate how calling me one is a convenient, and sadly often effective, tactic.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup it was on the original posting... not a bad compensation for a little time given to make the masses happy...

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're not even going to replace the EM's? Boy even EA's starting to know this game isn't worth the extra money anymore lol.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They are actively looking...it takes a very special person to be an EM. Faine was one of a kind. We lost Sangria to another shard, thankfully she's still around and in the program. The shard she's on is VERY lucky to have her and I hope they are treating her well. I will always cherish my Sash...it says *EM Sangria has been glued to Origin 2012* They didn't use very good glue :( lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have the utmost of respect for anyone that is an EM. It indeed takes a special kind of person with a heck of a lot of tolerance and patience... two things I'm seriously lacking.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have the utmost of respect for anyone that is an EM. It indeed takes a special kind of person with a heck of a lot of tolerance and patience... two things I'm seriously lacking.
it also helps to be a little on the Evil side