• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement *Waves* Goodbye!

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not very good at saying goodbye, so I'll keep it brief...

After nearly 4,5 years as your EM, the time has finally come for me to resign. It's been a great time, one of the most fun and interesting jobs I've held. But it is also a job that requires passion, and I'm sad to say; my passion has waned. And so it is time, to make room for somebody who does have that passion.

I want to thank you all for... well for everything really! For all the interesting roleplay, all the curveballs you never ceased to throw my characters. For writing countless reports ranging from incredibly indepth to outright hilarious. For your usually contructive criticizm that helped me grow as an EM and as a person. For attending my events, some of you were there every single week! For being the best people on the best shard in all of UO!

I'd also like to salute my former partners in crime:
Sarakan, who was my partner for 3 years and the best roleplayer I've ever met. Thanks mate!
Adris, who has been my partner for the past year. The torch is yours to now mate. I'm happy to leave Europa in your very capable hands. Keep it burning *Grins*

Like I said; I'm not good at saying goodbye. I didn't plan my resignation at all. So I'm afraid there won't be a final event. At this point I can't even say goodbye in-game anymore. So this is it my friends...

Goodbye! *Waves*

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really sorry to see you go..... good luck in whatever you do next!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your efforts over the years - Sparrow will certainly miss you.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been an honour to report on a fair few of your events Emile. I really wish you well in the future and as Traveler, says I hope you'll stick around as a player. :p

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A terrible shame, for many years Emile has largely been at the centre of the soul of the shard; no one is irreplaceable, but some people you hope never to have to actually try. Still, you can't force passion where there is none, so if it's for the best for you personally, good luck with the decision Emile. And I hope someone quickly steps up to help Adris keep us under control!

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though I´m not really in a position to say anything about it (since I´m currently on a UO break due to lack of passion as well) I was sad to read that you´re leaving :(. It´s been an honour, and also a lot of fun, to take part in the events over the past few years. I´ve really enjoyed the storylines and all the quirky characters you´ve created. You will be missed.

Take care, and I wish you all the best in the future!
*Hugs*
Ayara-Bee

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sadden by this. we had the most experienced and best EM in the business. his replacement is indeed capable but despite the fact that you never gave me anything (apart from guard sash) ye tight git you will be missed xxxxx

Reactions: THP

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chatting with friends online, and so many are shocked and dismayed by this news... but you have to do what's best for yourself Emile. However! We can do things for you, even if you can't say goodbye in game; I suggest we all have a party in the former EM home in Malas and raise a glass to Emile in screenshot form for him at some point. Also! Adris should leave a little memorial in the completed Cathedral Of Love for the EM we all love (and loved to shoot with energy bolts, although I feel guilty now my last interaction with Emile was blowing him up)...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn :( Thanks for all the hard work and fun Emile, gonna miss you.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really sad to see you go, I hope all the best for you!

Cistolo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the great adventures.
Wish you the best luck for the future!

Moira

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently took blank books to the Europa Auction House, and along with us for a visit to all 3 of the High Seas bosses, so people could sign it and say goodbye in game to you Emile; Here are the messages I've collected, and I'll be passing the sealed rare book (It's an orange colour, and doesn't take the author's name) to Adris to do something nice with, hopefully!

Wish You all the best
and many thanks for the
fun you gave us on our
beloved shard. Thanks
again Emile. Morgana of
Moonglow.

Will miss you...Wanda &
Phin

Emile,
Thank you for all you
have done for CD during
our scavenger hunts we
held. Events will neve
r
be the same without you.
Aragorn

Emile may god be with
you and europa has lost
a hero
Lucy of Kenton

Sparrow misses you
already. Good Luck for
the future.

You will be missed

Mim Foxglove

Emile we will miss you
but you will be in our h
eart. Maharette

thanks for what youv
done for the shard will
be missed a lot
crafty paps

Thanks for all you have
done for Europa, you wi
ll
be greatly missed.

Aurelius.

I usually dont go to EM
Events, RL...But I thin
k
Europa will miss you,
Emile. Safe travels
always! Neidre [TIC]

Good luck in your futur
e
efforts. Best Wishes.
Bartman.
Best wishes from Carmina
Glenora & Arista,

Dark Dryl, Bene'Dryl, B
enzadrine, and the Queen
and King of Hearts wish
you GodSpeed.

Thank you for all you
have done for Europa.
You will be missed.

Ember & Phin
And I hope that others will continue to send you their wishes here, so that even if you're passion has gone, you'll have plenty of memories to keep.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I don't play UO anymore but I really didn't want miss the chance of just saying to you how much I enjoyed so many of your events.
Some of my best memory's in UO are from some of your events, with ingame friends having a laugh, killing stuff, and killing more stuff.
I could go on but what I'm trying to say is just a big massive THANK YOU!!!! And good luck in the future, I'm sure you will do well whatever you do. :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sniffles*

The game LIES about the Innocence though! Now Aurelius, he brought cake for everyone ...

But then... there was no more Emile. Farewell, oh unexpectedly 70s style prog-rocker!

Amantala EA

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish I'd made the meeting last night. I just want to say a big thanks for everything you've done over the years Emile - especially for the Europa Auction.

I wish you well in whatever you do next!

Ama x

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wishing you well in your travels. It was not your fault that the things that finally broke my love of the game happened.