• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The sense of entitlement some players have is ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I raid a guy on sonoma twice and he flips out in general chat saying "whats the point of killing me your ruining my playing experience i left atl to come to a dead shard and spawn and if you want to pvp than go to atl"
But heres the thing
`1. I never claimed to be a pvper im a pk
2. This is Fel
3. Im not harrasing him hes harrasing me for my playstyle
4. Wether the shard is dead or not doesnt matter
5. He was doing despise- the most risky dungeon of them all

He wouldnt give it up either. He claims im in the wrong and that he deserves to be able to spawn there.
Any thoughts?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I raid a guy on sonoma twice and he flips out in general chat saying "whats the point of killing me your ruining my playing experience i left atl to come to a dead shard and spawn and if you want to pvp than go to atl"
But heres the thing
2. This is Fel

He wouldnt give it up either. He claims im in the wrong and that he deserves to be able to spawn there.
Any thoughts?
He's playing on a known non-consenual PvP facet by playing in Fel, being pked is a known risk. He needs to play Tram, Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno Islands, or Ter-Mer if he wants to avoid the schoolyard bully types.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Continue to murder him until he quits UO. It would appear that he's just looking for an excuse to do so.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But heres the thing
2. This is Fel

Any thoughts?
OMG !!!!! How coulds you do that, thats so mean!!!! You could of helped him work the spawn and killed him afterwards. GEEZ!!!!!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never actually seen anything like this, for my part, save someone who obviously is kidding or mocking a stereotype.

Most players who go to Fel know what that facet is devoted to.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
u certainly don't need my advise as to what to do. I would let him get the champ redlined. kill him, kill champ and take said items.

also an alt with detect hidden and tracking to find his protector.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll side with the victim. :violin:

If PVP and PKing was so popular then why is this game so damn empty? Why is Felucca dead as a door nail?

I'm all for putting powerscrolls in Trammel so players like myself and the guy who's game time your wasting never have to step foot in Felucca.

What would be even better was to have one facet and 1 toggle (on a timer with great duration which is essentially the idea behind factions and Chaos/Order but borked) whether you want to PvP or not.

I have stacked characters on multiple shards simply because I want to be left alone to spawn in peace.

The time for farming powerscrolls is long over...thankgod but it's still a fun experience for those who haven't had the chance to do so.

But yeah working a spawn and then getting raided is not idea of a good time by any means. One of the dumbest things ever in UO was to give Felucca and PvPer a monopoly on powerscrolls which made them millions and perhaps billions over the years.

It's still fun to run a spawn every now and then but I'm also happy that UO is flooded with powerscrolls and there is very little reason for anyone to travel to Felucca who doesn't want to.

Enjoy your empty Felucca folks!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
But heres the thing
2. This is Fel

Any thoughts?
Welcome to my world.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll side with the victim. :violin:

If PVP and PKing was so popular then why is this game so damn empty? Why is Felucca dead as a door nail?

I'm all for putting powerscrolls in Trammel so players like myself and the guy who's game time your wasting never have to step foot in Felucca.

What would be even better was to have one facet and 1 toggle (on a timer with great duration which is essentially the idea behind factions and Chaos/Order but borked) whether you want to PvP or not.

I have stacked characters on multiple shards simply because I want to be left alone to spawn in peace.

The time for farming powerscrolls is long over...thankgod but it's still a fun experience for those who haven't had the chance to do so.

But yeah working a spawn and then getting raided is not idea of a good time by any means. One of the dumbest things ever in UO was to give Felucca and PvPer a monopoly on powerscrolls which made them millions and perhaps billions over the years.

It's still fun to run a spawn every now and then but I'm also happy that UO is flooded with powerscrolls and there is very little reason for anyone to travel to Felucca who doesn't want to.

Enjoy your empty Felucca folks!:thumbup:
OK #1.... I used to whoop up on Kain Hellbane BD back in the day on my 7x Longspear Weilding Dexer who I'd put GM magery on so I KNOW who you are. It simply amazes me that you've converted sooooo utterly to a hardcore Tram / PvM player. Lets not forget that yoy really ONLY cares about High-Res graphics & Saying you've solo'ed all the peerless etc etc blah blah blah. I'm sorry I lost track... Why are you talking in a PvP thread again Madrid? Don't you have a Blaze Cu somewhere that is craving more bank sitting?

looker118

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't PvP. I know what Fel is like and the only things I go there for are mining in Cove (the entire town is a guard zone so no hassles) and the smithy in Buc's Den. I seem to get better BODs there and crafters don't attack each other...

That said, anyone who adventures in Fel has to expect both PvP and PK and to whine about it is ridiculous. Don't want to be attacked? Don't go to Fel.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just PK him as many times as desired, but don't get into any arguments (don't give any reason for them to have a legitimate Harassment page). If he's in Fel, he's free game regardless of shard.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Translation : you are farming scrolls to sell on other shard for a profit . Why else woulf you play so many shards?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ACK!!!!!! I'm subjected to fel crybaby stuff all day in Gen Chat.... now I come here to stratics and it's the same BS all over.... here is yet another crybaby Fel post....

Fel is Fel you go there you get what you get.... don't like it don't go.... if you move to a shard hoping to get more done in Fel simply because no one is there and you find folk are there to kill you then learn not to get killed by a single PK.... or you can put on your big boy underpanties and quit crying when you die..... PERIOD.

As for PS's in Tram I've been for that since day one..... I see no reason to make anyone go to Fel.... NONE. If folk want to PK and PvP then they know where to go to do that.... trying to bring lambs to the slaughter and saying it's "Risk vs Reward" is a bunch of smoke your blowing up my backside exit shutte and don't tell me any different.... It's a crock of hooey is what it is.... All it does is line the pockets of the biggest zerg guild's leaders and that's IT..... creates a bunch of irritated gamers who don't want to have to pay the Zerg prices for stuff and makes them want to QUIT the game... No one wants to be a sheep at the slaughterhouse.... and quite honestly most won't do it... they will move on to something else.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Translation : you are farming scrolls to sell on other shard for a profit . Why else woulf you play so many shards?
Been there done that 3-4 years ago. Farmed more powerscrolls than I care to count and made millions selling on other shards. It was wonderful!

These days there is very little need for powerscrolls as ALL my characters have chewed up all kinds of powerscrolls. Furthermore, powerscrolls don't sell for nearly as much as they once did nor is the demand what it once was. I'll make more money farming items in Trammel which is where I want to be anyways (away from the smack talking sociopaths).

But yeah...I made tons of gold farming on secluded shards and transferring them to sell. It was great!:thumbup:

As for PS's in Tram I've been for that since day one..... I see no reason to make anyone go to Fel.... NONE. If folk want to PK and PvP then they know where to go to do that.... trying to bring lambs to the slaughter and saying it's "Risk vs Reward" is a bunch of smoke your blowing up my backside exit shutte and don't tell me any different.... It's a crock of hooey is what it is.... All it does is line the pockets of the biggest zerg guild's leaders and that's IT..... creates a bunch of irritated gamers who don't want to have to pay the Zerg prices for stuff and makes them want to QUIT the game... No one wants to be a sheep at the slaughterhouse.... and quite honestly most won't do it... they will move on to something else.
Nailed it!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Which is one of the reasons why I have always been against allowing items to be X-sharded in the first place.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's an MMO.
True but the rewards for raiding should not be greater than the rewards for team play. The problem with spawns is player A can do all the work on a PvM template and then another player on a PvP template can come in at last 60 seconds and take all the rewards. I'm fine with being PK'ed and accept that - but what isn't fun is watching someone take your 45 min worth of work.

Make it so that rewards are scaled to how much spawn you kill so you can raid all you want but can't get more than 1 powerscroll unless you helped with all levels of the spawn. Now that would be fair and I'd have no problem with that.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks alot for all the responses. Another reason i wanted to post this thread was because i wanted to see what others thought. IMO UO orginally started as only fel. And i am a very considerate and nice pk ask any sonomian whos been raided by me i dont even take the coon i just like to kill. I dont pvp on atl because my connection sucks there and i feel thats all the explaining i need to do as far as that goes. I like my shard anyways. My biggest problem was the fact that i have been playing my playstyle for probably 10 years. Ive seen them come and go from cop to waka scam, even the earlier days with thrax, ron fellows, korean power red {sorry theres others too like peon and he still plays these are just the first names that came to my head} . I mean this has been my home forever.
The original post has been a recurring theme it seems like, People coming from other shards, and all of the sudden its my fault for pking them, Im the one who needs to move to another shard and im an ******* i need to get a life you name it. And only the crosssharding spawners seem to be this way. Even when i have said countless times...if you dont like it, than transfer a pvper over. The new school of thought is all pvpers must go to atl and farmers should be free to farm on dead shards, thats what theyve been telling me lately. I appreciate all of the comments btw its nice to see where other people stand as well.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You aren't making anyone do anything. Buy a power scroll if you don't want to run the champs. I've farmed like... one of my own power scrolls over the years, and never had any issue getting scrolled up. And the last time I heard someone complain about scroll prices was like 6 years ago. If you dont want to subject yourself to pvp, don't.

Champ spawns are the ONLY resource players have to fight over. Having something worth fighting for increases the fun of pvp. Thats the ONE thing they have. Literally every other thing in the game is either available in tram or is tram only.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ACK!!!!!! I'm subjected to fel crybaby stuff all day in Gen Chat.... now I come here to stratics and it's the same BS all over.... here is yet another crybaby Fel post....

Fel is Fel you go there you get what you get.... don't like it don't go.... if you move to a shard hoping to get more done in Fel simply because no one is there and you find folk are there to kill you then learn not to get killed by a single PK.... or you can put on your big boy underpanties and quit crying when you die..... PERIOD.

Well said MalagAste!

Putting the Power Scrolls in the hands of Felucca was pure disastrous tactical-manure which failed to grow a crop of people in that dying world.
Now players buy all they need from illegal websites which puts the game into economic disaster. Even the Felucca players enjoy safety in Trammel.

Stay out of the old world if you don't want to be a victim. Find what you like to do and enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
But heres the thing
2. This is Fel

Any thoughts?

How dare you raid a player attempting to spawn and obtain powerscrolls to sell/use on his home shard!!! Attacking someone who cannot defend "their" spawn is simply outrageous!!!! Who died and made you King of the Despise Champ Spawn? like its all of a sudden "your spawn" , oh wait a minute. . . . he died so I guess thats what made you King. . . :owned:

Makes me want to move a red to Sonoma so I can get free scrolls off his corpse too :-D

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is time to derail this thread to a better subject. Dancing. The game needs to bring back all the old dance moves and add a few new ones. Something with a dip and a booty pump. Or what has been lacking is the classic Tea Bag Boogy. Still the best way in a player vs player situation to get a point across.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhhhh...man...I would hunt this guy something fierce, to impress on them the value of not being stupid. That is pretty much what they are showing...in a nutshell.

Fel and powerscrolls have kept so many tens of thousands playing this game over the years. You simply do not change something like that, no matter what. If I ever come back to play..it is what I expect to be waiting for me.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Were you alone and why did this guy not have another char to come back and fight? This is the real problem with those who want to farm shards who can't defend in that they can't pvp and they won't make a simple char to even attempt it. Any char in decent hands has a 50/50 chance to win a 1v1 open field fight no matter what the temps, if you can't even do this you best not bother:( Fighting and losing/winning builds respect in this game and that goes a long way in playing the farmer on small shards.

Penana Car

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But heres the thing
2. This is Fel

Any thoughts?
By player killing you're engaging in player versus player combat.

I can tell by the tone of your post you're begging for acknowledgment as some fierce "PK".

Sadly I will not be fooled, you're a 20 second kill in my books.

Chuckle..

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well to be fair, after killing him a few times I would just leave him to it. Killing someone time after time after time gets boring.

If I want to teach him a lesson I would wait until his champ is red lined then kill him and his champ before the old boy has enough time to res and come back. Hell I will even collect all the gold so he cant get his insurance money back.

Then I would go back the next day at the same time and look for the old boy again, and do the same thing, wait for the champ to be red lined.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has nothing to do with powerscrolls, it is simply one player attempting to impose their playstyle (farming) onto another player's (PvP). Compounding this is the fact that the farmer is probably not even a shard 'native', and is essentially telling someone to leave their home shard because their playstyles aren't compatible. Why is it always assumed that the PvPer is in the wrong? If you want a generalised and probably wildly inaccurate real world example look at Israel and Palestine.. *shrug*

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I blame the Hippies. If they would of spanked their kids and told them no once in a while, then the next generation of parent's wouldn't of started this "Everyone is a winner, no one loses, and everyone DESERVES to win" bullcrap.

Today people feel like they "DESERVE" what ever they want, they don't realize you deserve nothing. It all has to be earned.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really funny thread.
It's all about gold, greif...rince repeat.
Greedy sheep, Greedy wulf..
It's nice to be human aren't it ?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has nothing to do with powerscrolls, it is simply one player attempting to impose their playstyle (farming) onto another player's (PvP). Compounding this is the fact that the farmer is probably not even a shard 'native', and is essentially telling someone to leave their home shard because their playstyles aren't compatible. Why is it always assumed that the PvPer is in the wrong?
The PvPer is a PKer by his own words. A PKer is someone who favors destruction and anarchy and kills for amusement. The 'farmer' is trying to go through life and get things done without conflict and is repeatedly getting attacked. It does get old. I had that problem 10 years back in Fel trying to Mine and Lumberjack and finally began striking back by driving off or killing the attacker if I could to discourage further attacks. Didn't do much good, attacks still came play session after play session. The PKers insisted back then they had every right to ruin other players fun all they wanted, it's fel and their fun was the most important thing. Finally the PKers found they had driven nearly everyone out of fel and had it all to themselves which made them complain so much the Devs started trying to bait tram players into fel to keep the Pkers entertained enough they wouldn't quit. And so fel is pretty much a ghost town, actually probably not even worth keeping open other than housing space. The Dev's could just open up Malas to Keeps and Castles, move the fel housing there en mass, and just turn fel off. With so few people actually playing fel, even if half left, it probably wouldn't really be noticeable other than in these forums where we would get rants of how hundreds of millions of players have left, and hundreds of millions more would be leaving, that UO was now going to all be a ghost town because of losing fel and would be shut down soon. Actually we might lose enough anti-social griefer types to improve play enough to have others return and see the size of the player base increase.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I blame the Hippies. If they would of spanked their kids and told them no once in a while, then the next generation of parent's wouldn't of started this "Everyone is a winner, no one loses, and everyone DESERVES to win" bullcrap.

Today people feel like they "DESERVE" what ever they want, they don't realize you deserve nothing. It all has to be earned.
Hey wait a minute... I'm a hippie and I disciplined my kids..

As far as the OP goes my opinion on the subject is pretty much the same as most.. You can get killed in Fel, everyone knows that. If dying bothers you stay in Tram.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Rked a guy who said I was ruining his game experience and was paging on me for it.

Basically since he said that too me I had rked him 25 times since then and look for him constantly.

Don't just take his love show him how much you appreciate it.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
By player killing you're engaging in player versus player combat.

I can tell by the tone of your post you're begging for acknowledgment as some fierce "PK".

Sadly I will not be fooled, you're a 20 second kill in my books.

Chuckle..
What is becoming aparent is how UO is an old school game that caters to things like pk'ing. Whereas the newer games like WOW do not even barely allow it. Theres alot of difference between a pk and a pvper so i cant go into full detail because it would be a huge post. The biggest difference though between a PK and PVPer is that a pk will most likely be alone and he will try to take out his opposition one by one and maybe even use trickery to beat them if hes outnumbered. A pvper though will almost always be with guild members, they will barely ever be alone BUT they will duel you if you request, most of a pvpers duels are for bragging rights and pvpers ussually fight in a guild vs. other guild situation. For example: you can have a pvper who has a template strictly for supporting the other members of his team (such as the famous "dismounter"), whereas a pker must always have a template built for killing because nobody relies on a pk.
The most interesting thing about this thread is how some people seem to agree with the old ways and risk vs reward, and than other people agree more with the wow style approach.

Oh i left out the biggest diff between a pvper and a pk. A pvper will also ussually have an honorable dueling character such as a pure mage or warrior and they look down on things like disarm, a pks templates are sometiems not even duelable, pks will kill at all costs such as using pets poison or potions and they WILL disarm (for instance my pk mage has 80 ep and alchemy not honored in arena, nearly full life gheal pots and explo/conflag i can see how its not fair) I do not think i am a badass though im just pointing out the differences.

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is becoming aparent is how UO is an old school game that caters to things like pk'ing. Whereas the newer games like WOW do not even barely allow it. Theres alot of difference between a pk and a pvper so i cant go into full detail because it would be a huge post. The biggest difference though between a PK and PVPer is that a pk will most likely be alone and he will try to take out his opposition one by one and maybe even use trickery to beat them if hes outnumbered. A pvper though will almost always be with guild members, they will barely ever be alone BUT they will duel you if you request, most of a pvpers duels are for bragging rights and pvpers ussually fight in a guild vs. other guild situation. For example: you can have a pvper who has a template strictly for supporting the other members of his team (such as the famous "dismounter"), whereas a pker must always have a template built for killing because nobody relies on a pk.
The most interesting thing about this thread is how some people seem to agree with the old ways and risk vs reward, and than other people agree more with the wow style approach.

Its not hard to explain and you are right. The reason games move away from the PK mentality is because for one players enjoyment (PK) they need to grief another player (non enjoyment). Consensual PvP allows both players to enjoy the game.

The idea of R Garriott was that going red and stat loss were enough of a deterrent that the world would keep PK's in check. However, there is very little downside to a red especially since you can have 5 other blue chars on the same account. Given the choice - people migrated to Tram to avoid the PKing so you had less and less sheep to grief.

The reason UO flourished in the old days was it was new, there were no alternatives, and people were looking for automated D&D. You could roll out the 'old UO' and it would die quickly as people now have choices. This is why the 'classic shard' argument is stupid and non-sensical. Yes, the griefers want a classic shard to cater to their playstyle - but the people being griefed would not play it - so who would you grief?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not hard to explain and you are right. The reason games move away from the PK mentality is because for one players enjoyment (PK) they need to grief another player (non enjoyment). Consensual PvP allows both players to enjoy the game.

The idea of R Garriott was that going red and stat loss were enough of a deterrent that the world would keep PK's in check. However, there is very little downside to a red especially since you can have 5 other blue chars on the same account. Given the choice - people migrated to Tram to avoid the PKing so you had less and less sheep to grief.

The reason UO flourished in the old days was it was new, there were no alternatives, and people were looking for automated D&D. You could roll out the 'old UO' and it would die quickly as people now have choices. This is why the 'classic shard' argument is stupid and non-sensical. Yes, the griefers want a classic shard to cater to their playstyle - but the people being griefed would not play it - so who would you grief?
You may not share the same playstyle as others and that's why it may seem "non-sensical" to you. However for others, it would be nice let alone for a more simplistic way to play.

Besides, not everyone who pvps is a PK. You assume everyone that does is out to grief and pk the "sheep".

At best they'd have to roll a classic shard out initially and then leave it the hell alone as far as content and changes.

They'd have to fix the bugs, though given the staffing situation, this seems like a monumental task. This is why I will never expect to see such a thing.

If you opinions are based off of generalizations and misguided information, I encourage you to not share them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You may not share the same playstyle as others and that's why it may seem "non-sensical" to you. However for others, it would be nice let alone for a more simplistic way to play.

Besides, not everyone who pvps is a PK. You assume everyone that does is out to grief and pk the "sheep".

At best they'd have to roll a classic shard out initially and then leave it the hell alone as far as content and changes.

They'd have to fix the bugs, though given the staffing situation, this seems like a monumental task. This is why I will never expect to see such a thing.

If you opinions are based off of generalizations and misguided information, I encourage you to not share them.
Actually he was right on.... it's you who are delusional ..... What made classic so great back then was there was nothing else out there... it was raw and fun... but no one wants to be a lamb at the slaughter and they just won't.... It might burn brightly for a little while but it'd soon die out as folk get bored not being able to dominate..... those being dominated will soon leave.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But heres the thing
2. This is Fel

Any thoughts?
My first thought is that it is kind of sad how the simple mention of PvP or Pking can so easily derail any topic into how "bad" or "evil" it is.

Back to point though, that obscene level of "entitlement" that some think they have leads into my second thought, in that this reminds me of all those other posts which talk about how farmers in tram-style facets claim to "own" certain spawns because they were there first and start talking crap at someone who comes by. I bet if this individual were in tram he would be more direct and offensive to someone who came by "his" spawn. Regardless though, everyone should know that despise is really the most dangerous dungeon to go to in fel, dead shard or not. And unfortunately for him, telling people to just leave doesn't work in fel like it might in tram...

Last edited:

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The PvPer is a PKer by his own words. A PKer is someone who favors destruction and anarchy and kills for amusement. The 'farmer' is trying to go through life and get things done without conflict and is repeatedly getting attacked. It does get old. I had that problem 10 years back in Fel trying to Mine and Lumberjack and finally began striking back by driving off or killing the attacker if I could to discourage further attacks. Didn't do much good, attacks still came play session after play session. The PKers insisted back then they had every right to ruin other players fun all they wanted, it's fel and their fun was the most important thing. Finally the PKers found they had driven nearly everyone out of fel and had it all to themselves which made them complain so much the Devs started trying to bait tram players into fel to keep the Pkers entertained enough they wouldn't quit. And so fel is pretty much a ghost town, actually probably not even worth keeping open other than housing space. The Dev's could just open up Malas to Keeps and Castles, move the fel housing there en mass, and just turn fel off. With so few people actually playing fel, even if half left, it probably wouldn't really be noticeable other than in these forums where we would get rants of how hundreds of millions of players have left, and hundreds of millions more would be leaving, that UO was now going to all be a ghost town because of losing fel and would be shut down soon. Actually we might lose enough anti-social griefer types to improve play enough to have others return and see the size of the player base increase.
exactly

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually he was right on.... it's you who are delusional ..... What made classic so great back then was there was nothing else out there... it was raw and fun... but no one wants to be a lamb at the slaughter and they just won't.... It might burn brightly for a little while but it'd soon die out as folk get bored not being able to dominate..... those being dominated will soon leave.
It's subjective, stupid.

As he said, the sheep wouldn't join anyways.

Besides, your play type is the same as his, of course you'd agree.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is what it is, you accept its rules or you stay out.

If you want to work a spawn in peace you choose your time and place with care or make sure you have sufficient numbers and skills to cope with a raid.
Despise has probably the highest chance of being raided of all the spawns there are. T2A at an off peak time would be a better bet.

Having said that, I tend to accept getting pk'd philosophically, but rezkills annoy me a bit. I usually give up and leave if that's the way it's going to be.
The days I most fondly remember are those when the raiders have rezed us and then stayed to help us work the spawn and share the rewards equally. - mostly those were folk on mine or my hubby's icq lists though who killed us for a laugh :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Entitlement' issues aren't confined to champ spawns in Fel of course. I quite clearly remember being ordered to leave a spawn in Trammel, on Europa by someone who claimed he had more right to the spawn because UO was an American game and he was American, he also claimed relationship to a GM.
I have more than once been told by a character arriving where I was hunting 'You can leave now, I'm hunting here'.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My mother was a hippie and she beat the crap out of us.... :p

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
'Entitlement' issues aren't confined to champ spawns in Fel of course. I quite clearly remember being ordered to leave a spawn in Trammel, on Europa by someone who claimed he had more right to the spawn because UO was an American game and he was American, he also claimed relationship to a GM.
I have more than once been told by a character arriving where I was hunting 'You can leave now, I'm hunting here'.
Remember when people would type "MINE!!!" LOL

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haveto lol at this topic because anybody that played UO should know that fel rules is just that :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
This has nothing to do with powerscrolls, it is simply one player attempting to impose their playstyle (farming) onto another player's (PvP).
Ultima Online really does have it all!!! LoL :lol:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

The idea of R Garriott was that going red and stat loss were enough of a deterrent that the world would keep PK's in check. However, there is very little downside to a red especially since you can have 5 other blue chars on the same account.?
Unfortunately Richards idea caused the Guildmaster and other ranking members of the KoC guild to crash the entire shard server every time their red died. This caused a 8 - 15 hour shard revert so their character wouldn't take stat loss thus being a deterrent for blues to fight back when they showed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.