• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inappropriate GM intervention at Felucca idoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Saw this one tonight, and I have to say after a lot of years this one surprised me.

I watched a guild bagball up someones doorstep and surrounding area to block the people inside from jumping in and out. The bagballs were 1 deep and were covering roughly 12 or so tiles.

Out popped a GM saying this action was inappropriate and if any more were placed action would be taken against the offending accounts.

Now I don't know how many of you play Siege, but this tactic is extremely common. Especially due to the fact
you cant recall anywhere.

Now I sit back and wonder exactly how little pvp we are allowed to have in Felucca and literally does littering now constitute being banned? Really?

There was also a one tile path open to the front door also, granted it was only 1 tile.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has always been illegal to block using any item that inhibits any motion of other players, monsters, or animals, be it on Siege or any production shard.
The GM did his job.
On this one you are in the wrong.
Sorry kiddo

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I don't know how many of you play Siege, but this tactic is extremely common. Especially due to the fact
Huh? As a Siege member since ML and probably the person who has attended more IDOCs there than any other person during that time, I have to say that I have NEVER seen that tactic used at one on this shard.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow...some actual pvp action in siege...awesome

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol @ bagball "pvp"

Some loser actually paged a GM on bagballs too! Lol

This is a great thread.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has always been illegal to block using any item that inhibits any motion of other players, monsters, or animals, be it on Siege or any production shard.
The GM did his job.
On this one you are in the wrong.
Sorry kiddo
^^ this.

A clear path must be left or you are breaking the TOS. Its ok to bag ball them in and create a choke point, ie 1 free tile to run through, but its illegal to totally block them in or out, Its been this way for many, many years

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
lol @ bagball "pvp"

Some loser actually paged a GM on bagballs too! Lol

This is a great thread.
Actually, you are totaly wrong.

The one who paged is no loser at all, illegal Actions in game have to be adressed like that and he/she who paged can only be congrated done so!

Great Job who ever paged and well done to the GM, txs alot!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Paraphrased Quote
I watched a guild bagball up someones doorstep and surrounding area to block the people inside from jumping in and out.............
..............Now I sit back and wonder exactly how little pvp we are allowed to have in Felucca and literally does littering now constitute being banned? Really?
littering
A disorderly accumulation of objects; a pile.
b. Carelessly discarded refuse, such as wastepaper

I would have paged a GM for Physical Harassment
[Player Abc] is using bagballs for the unintended use of restricting my characters movement and access to the characters house plot for no legitimate purpose other than to continuously harass and annoy me.

Last edited:

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
^^ this.

A clear path must be left or you are breaking the TOS. Its ok to bag ball them in and create a choke point, ie 1 free tile to run through, but its illegal to totally block them in or out, Its been this way for many, many years

Congrats on not actually reading what I wrote just so you could post another atta boy with your friends.
Your opinion matters when you don't bother to actually read the story.
LOL

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have seen many and I mean MANY fights that have resulted in bagballing dungeon entrances or the like.
All have been perfectly acceptable as long as a path had been left.
A path had been left in this situation also.

A lot of tram people commenting here who actually have no idea of the rules either way, good for you.
This is not reality this is a GM choosing sides when no rule was being broke.

Its amazing how many of you blindly agree with each other without actually thinking.

IF A PATH WAS LEFT, IN THIS CASE A CLEAR PATH WAS LEFT, WHAT RULE WAS BROKEN?

Is that too hard to understand?

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saw this one tonight, and I have to say after a lot of years this one surprised me.

I watched a guild bagball up someones doorstep and surrounding area to block the people inside from jumping in and out. The bagballs were 1 deep and were covering roughly 12 or so tiles.

Out popped a GM saying this action was inappropriate and if any more were placed action would be taken against the offending accounts.

Now I sit back and wonder exactly how little pvp we are allowed to have in Felucca and literally does littering now constitute being banned? Really?

There was also a one tile path open to the front door also, granted it was only 1 tile.
Makes no dif if I am fel, tram or ilshian.
No matter what you step in, others wont smell roses becuase you say so.
Sounds like no path was left by your own OP.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I have seen many and I mean MANY fights that have resulted in bagballing dungeon entrances or the like.
All have been perfectly acceptable as long as a path had been left.
A path had been left in this situation also.

A lot of tram people commenting here who actually have no idea of the rules either way, good for you.
This is not reality this is a GM choosing sides when no rule was being broke.

Its amazing how many of you blindly agree with each other without actually thinking.

IF A PATH WAS LEFT, IN THIS CASE A CLEAR PATH WAS LEFT, WHAT RULE WAS BROKEN?

Is that too hard to understand?
Its not hard to understand but it seems you are having a hard time comprehending the situation. This has nothing to with Fel vs. Tram players, A GM choosing sides, Your Little Path, Understanding PvP, or being Good at PvP (Sidenote: which 90% of the PvPers aren't good at without breaking the ToS) Now lets take a look at what the OP said was being bagballed....

I watched a guild bagball up someones doorstep and surrounding area to block the people inside from jumping in and out.
It doesn't sound like they are describing a Dungeon Entrance or a Faction Stronghold because no one owns those... if I had to guess they are describing a Player House, again thats a Player House owned by a player's character which makes a H.E. Double Hockey Sticks of a difference when you bagball it. So before accusing the Gamemaster of being a GM Sparkle you should really reconsider AND maybe next time try to restrain yourself from playing with your bagballs on someones doorstep to try and get them to come outside and PvP or if its public restrict anyone from accessing the house. Try using your elite PvP skills next time instead of items? *shrugs*

Ps. I swear I've seen a similar story posted like this before from SP a year or two ago.... and just because its common practice on Siege doesn't make the players on the shard exempt from certain rules, regulations or conduct

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on not actually reading what I wrote just so you could post another atta boy with your friends.
Your opinion matters when you don't bother to actually read the story.
LOL

Oh I read what you typed, just in case you forgot what you typed let me quote you.

Let me explain it to you again, You are not allowed to block people from getting in or out, unless its a faction base. that means houses and dungeons.

If someone can not exit there home via the menu option and find a path from under the sign to walk freely away YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES.

You clearly state "to block the people inside from jumping in and out"

Read what you have typed before criticising someone.

Oh and FYI I lived and played in fel 24/7 for the last 13 years,

QQ more please

T

Tazar

Bagballs are not allowed anywhere in game except at the entrance to faction bases. Aside from physically blocking the path - an excessive number of them can cause lag.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh I read what you typed, just in case you forgot what you typed let me quote you.

Let me explain it to you again, You are not allowed to block people from getting in or out, unless its a faction base. that means houses and dungeons.

If someone can not exit there home via the menu option and find a path from under the sign to walk freely away YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES.

You clearly state "to block the people inside from jumping in and out"

Read what you have typed before criticising someone.

Oh and FYI I lived and played in fel 24/7 for the last 13 years,

QQ more please
The GM did not delete enough to just create a path the GM deleted all of them.

Its amusing that in fact houses regardless of where they are put are now treated as a trammel residence.

Also very literally they say it is ok to stack bagballs in faction bases so high you in fact crash other players but to put them 1 tile around a house is bannable.
UO pvp is becoming more humor than fact.

Last edited:

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bagballs are not allowed anywhere in game except at the entrance to faction bases. Aside from physically blocking the path - an excessive number of them can cause lag.
Bagball blocking is ILLEGAL any where at anytime .
I wonder what guild that was ;Maybe a transplanted bunch?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its amusing that in fact houses regardless of where they are put are now treated as a trammel residence.

Also very literally they say it is ok to stack bagballs in faction bases so high you in fact crash other players but to put them 1 tile around a house is bannable.

House fighting is not PvP :oops:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Using Bagballs for anything other than Bagball is just lame. It's a cheaters tactic and if you have to cheat to win you shouldn't bother playing. Grow some real ones and play without being gimpy.

Seriously should have been given a 3 day vacation and such for your gimpy tactics.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The GM was in the right of it so get over it and move on.
Why do you think other items that use to block movement were changed so they no longer do so?
This very reason your grumbling about.
You know I agree with Mal... you all should have had a 3 day vacation. Consider this a warning and play the game kiddo.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, WHICH path should he have left?

It's not the GM's call to clear a path. PERIOD. The bags all go, as part of the violation.

In real life, if you illegally blocked someone's driveway, you'd be made to remove the entire blockage, not just create a hole small enough to crawl through that you could re-block at your leisure the second the cops left.

In many ways, claiming that all the GM should have done was clear a path is like claiming that because you were going 110 MPH in a 55 zone, you should only be penalized for going 1 MPH over the limit, because your speed wasn't any of the numbers 56-109 - just 110.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, you are totaly wrong.

The one who paged is no loser at all, illegal Actions in game have to be adressed like that and he/she who paged can only be congrated done so!

Great Job who ever paged and well done to the GM, txs alot!
Nope I was right the first time.

The carebear on siege didn't like the bagballs, so instead of picking them up they pagd a GM.

Bagballs are hardly a reason to page a GM. Though I find this astonishing considering they rarely show up for much else.

I guess every time I need a GM I need to start throwing bagballs on the ground.

Last edited:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using Bagballs for anything other than Bagball is just lame. It's a cheaters tactic and if you have to cheat to win you shouldn't bother playing. Grow some real ones and play without being gimpy.

Seriously should have been given a 3 day vacation and such for your gimpy tactics.
Are you serious? 3 days for bagballs?

You deserve 3 days for this comment.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

you cant recall anywhere........

1) What shard was this on?

2) Who are you on Siege?

3) When in the last decade have you logged in to Siege?

4) I have not seen bagballs used on Siege since they were first introduced.

5) Again what shard did this happen on and why bring up Siege at all?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can block all you want in fel..as long as there is one point of exit so it's not considered "trapping" and you CAN'T block doorsteps for any reason

But you can drop them all around and create a one side barricade to funnel the opposition to a specific choke point

Oh and for the record use ter mur style candelabras next time..GM crafted boxes with about 50 candelabras inside then chopped ..should do the trick >:/

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Nope I was right the first time.

The carebear on siege didn't like the bagballs, so instead of picking them up they pagd a GM.

Bagballs are hardly a reason to page a GM. Though I find this astonishing considering they rarely show up for much else.

I guess every time I need a GM I need to start throwing bagballs on the ground.
You are wrong again:
- The user is neither a "loser" nor a "carebear" paging for illegal in game mechanics used...

Why dont you stop calling people names, this aint no normal conversation culture!!!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and for the record use ter mur style candelabras next time..GM crafted boxes with about 50 candelabras inside then chopped ..should do the trick >:/
lol i have been known to do this in between houses from time to time, its rather funny to see someone's favourite getaway route blocked by 20+ter mur style candelabras on the one tile heheh

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol i have been known to do this in between houses from time to time, its rather funny to see someone's favourite getaway route blocked by 20+ter mur style candelabras on the one tile heheh
We did it last night at an idoc..was amusing to do it..didn't have a heck of alot of time to setup but it sure was fun planning and plotting in vent

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is fascinating. Clearly what the OP is describing is illegal and yet they try so hard to defend it.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can block all you want in fel..as long as there is one point of exit so it's not considered "trapping" and you CAN'T block doorsteps for any reason

But you can drop them all around and create a one side barricade to funnel the opposition to a specific choke point

Its amazing the others quoting non existent rules.
Seen this done many times over on many shards over. This IS the rule put in place.

You have to admit it is amusing watching people who don't pvp telling people the rules of pvp LOL.

Im not sure why houses are treated different than dungeons but apparently just by the response to this thread
anything that has anything to do with pvp is bad LOL.

Last edited:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Welcome to the Ignotr list for me as you clearly dont have a clue what YOU are talking about, Bagballs are allowed but you clearly stated they were being use to prevent peeople from coming or going into house, In factions they can not leave a path but ONLY in faction bases. They are Illegal for blocking player of manster in ANY other means.....!!! also this wasnt siege was it, it was a prodo shard, siege players actually play and not cheat so this isnt a practice there. Toodles dont bother replying as i OWnt see it

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but apparently just by the response to this thread anything that has anything to do with pvp is bad LOL.
Huh? Quite a few of us PvP 99% of the time, so im not sure where you drew that conclusion from

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) What shard was this on?

2) Who are you on Siege?

3) When in the last decade have you logged in to Siege?

4) I have not seen bagballs used on Siege since they were first introduced.

5) Again what shard did this happen on and why bring up Siege at all?
Guess budman is not going to answer me :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I think using object blocks is lame, I was under the impression that so long as there is a way out it was legal. I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

As for this specific situation, its hard ot say because we don't know exactly what the setup was or how it might have been blocking the house.

I would also like to add I don't think this is a "common" siege tactic. I don't remember having ever see someone do it either.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are wrong again:
- The user is neither a "loser" nor a "carebear" paging for illegal in game mechanics used...

Why dont you stop calling people names, this aint no normal conversation culture!!!
This is my opinion, to which you replied. It was not my intention to hold a conversation with you.

And this being said, both of which I said are still true to me.

Maybe it was you that paged, I dont know, and I guess I don't really care. It is petty to me they didn't pick them up and paged a GM to do it for them because they cried about it and hid behind "illegal game mechanics" as an excuse. I have a tissue for them and whoever thinks this is really legit. Let alone a whole thread about it.

So you can take this for what it is worth and choose to tell me how wrong I am, but that part is entirely up to you.

Have a good one.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bagball blocking is ILLEGAL any where at anytime .
I wonder what guild that was ;Maybe a transplanted bunch?
Tazar is right its legal inside faction bases you don't even have to leave a open space for anyone to move freely in and out.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah we've had the discrepency with GMs in the past about faction bases. The rules, according to the many GMs, are that you cannot block any public paths.

I would imagine this would vary on the GM you get and their interpretation of public.

But in the past it has been ruled faction bases are not public.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people do this on siege? news to me.

Sounds kinda lame to do this anywhere but faction bases. If they are house hiding just go do something else.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have never seen this done on Siege.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well our toons are just about finished on siege...I shall remedy this debate in the near future :)!!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As it has been said numerous times, you can use items to block in faction bases, but anywhere else its illegal.

The rule is especially applied to other players houses. You cant block a player from getting into their house, another not as well known one, is you cannot stack items up in front to let you see inside someones house. I have seen GM's in the past come and delete items in both occasions.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly
Siege has had a few and I do mean a few players try long ago, used other items to block and a GM at that time again did the same removal and warning.
Never in UO has it been legal to use items to totally imped movement.
In factions this might be legal in the fel base but never has been outside the said base.
This is all shards not just Seige...

Last edited:

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
partial truths are being put forth here. The rules for this are:

1. no consequence for faction base blocking with bagballs or 100,000 candlabras..do it to your heart's content.

2. ANYWHERE else in the game, items can be placed but a clear path must be present and they can not block doorways or entrances without the 1 tile path

Status
Not open for further replies.